1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Furniture

Apr 2, 2005

1. Go shopping, perhaps?

I'm the same way when it comes to buying things... :oops:

I wasn't aware Michael's has shopping carts...must resist the urge to go get one...

2. which book club? :grin:

3. I think the company is named del Prado...I should be getting something from them any day now. I'll put up info as soon as I get it... :lol:

4. Send her down the street in it, a la Jackass?

This is what my dolls did with theirs:

[​IMG]

As you can see, I have two chairs that I purchased at a doll show in New Hampshire last fall, too. I'd really like to get some more furniture for them. Ideally, I'd love to be able to set up some sort of wacky diorama, but that's going to have to wait until my boyfriend and I move into a bigger place. I'd love to have BJD-scaled modern furniture... tiny Eames chairs or, for the budget-minded, tiny IKEA couches and stuff. I'n not much into the classical-brocade-heavy-wood thing. I love the Iple House furniture, but like I said, space is an issue in a 700 sq. ft. apartment. I think it's 700 sq. ft. It might be *GASP* 800, I don't know, but it's small and WE NEED TO MOVE. You see that bizarre linoleum tiled floor? Do you know how embarassing that is? I DEMAND THE HARDWOOD FLOORS OF MY CHILDHOOD! But anyhow...

Yes, Kat, I'd be interested in seein' ya goodz. :D

5. OMG! I have so thought about buying that shopping cart every time I go there. Like you, I have no clue as to what to really 'do' with it, but it is seriously cute.

Please do. I'd love to get some books but only have a few of those 'cutsie' books they sell at the checkout of my local bookstore.

Loki's Mom

6. well kaipo has his own room now with furniture and stuff!! <3

[​IMG]

7. OMG!! I love his room!

The black and white piece of art--is that from Saiyuki? I'm having a bit of trouble seeing it well.

8. yeah it is :3 there is more pics of the room in this photostory here..

http://www.deviantart.com/view/16713077/

9. AAH! My husband visits Deviant Art all the time!!

What a cute story!! It made me smile! I love all the stuff you have in his room!

10. Okay, I did get the information--it was sitting in my mailbox, I just didn't get the mail yesterday... :oops:

The address for the company is : del Prado Collection PO Box 688 Holmes, PA 19043

I guess you'd just write them for info. I got my first invoice, and the first three books I'm slated to get are A Christmas Carol, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and The Death of Ivan Illych. They are, according to the original flyer, leather-bound.

I hope they look as good as the pictures, but I can send them back if I end up unhappy.

11. Actually, I looked them up! :grin:
      go here:
      http://www.delprado.com/catalogo.jsp?idioma=ENG
      and click on The Miniature Classics Library then click "more" (on the left). I emailed them and asked how to order the books and will post whatever their response is...Dorian saw it and is in heaven! He's been so bored with the "babyish" 12 mini book set of nursery rhymes that belongs to my 5 yr old son...lol!

12. ....
      O_O I want those books for my boy!

13. I'm so anxious to get them...I love Jekyll & Hyde.

I just love books, I guess. My boy said he wanted a nicely stocked library, and he's going to get it!

Now I just have to go back to my Mom's so I can dig out all my American Girl stuff and start decorating his room... :oops:

14. Did you figure out how much they are? I can't seem to find a price.... :oops:

15. I'm actually saving up for a bed from Domuya, and a sofa from Volks... but they are just so pricey >.< I have a sofa from a craft shop that cost abt 70usd? I would like less pricey items, but I worry about the shipping costs of buying fr. the US since I live in SG. I would definitely like more options in terms of furniture.

Fair price? I don't know. Really depends on what item it is, and how elaborate it is? I personally am quite reluctant to spend more than 150usd... unless its a really great item...

:oops:

16. I have a friend who likes to play with expensive big toys - like welding lances, oxyacetylene blowtorches, and the like. (He's also not adverse to having fun with the odd spot of thermite, but we won't go into that.... :oops: ) He's been playing around with making furniture from a range of different metals. He, his brother and I have been discussing the possibilities of blackened steel or aluminium Japanese and four-poster beds and other furnture - the idea being that they'd do the metal work, and I'd do the upholstery.

I'm currently putting some designs together so they can play around with prototypes.

17. fun fun! I recently learned to weld (back in Jan/Feb) in the same class that's taught me wood-working and absolutely love it...I even ended up buying my own torch set-up (already have lots of wood-working tools from hubby)...anyhow, yeah...I'm making a four-poster bed for Dorian as soon as I finish buying the materials :grin:

18. I actually started buying furniture before my dolls even came. I've got quite a lot at this point...most of which are antique. My more "odd" pieces are a miniature piano I still need to refurbish for Roselynde, and desk.

Then there's the $$$ dollhouse set I just bought for my recently-ordered Nori-Pon...she better appreciate it!

19. They are $7.95 a volume, and they send you an invoice for three at a time. With s&h it's right under $30.