1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Furniture

Apr 2, 2005

1. I've got a bed for my kids that's actually....

A dog bed!

It's really pretty wrought iron, and fits the SD13s beautifully. Came with a nice mattress and all. (Now I just need to make sheets for it.)

You can find some really nice beds at pet stores and places like Wal-Mart or Target. I got mine for about 20 dollars. There's a local petstore that has a really neat "modern" style bed for about 35 dollars. Both are really well made, but I like the wrought iron look better than the wood, so I went for that. ^^;

2. I've been looking at pet beds too, they're generally so much cheaper than "doll" beds.. and bigger, too, for those of us with 60+ cm kids!

Just wondering if anyone has one of these pet beds that have been flooding eBay lately:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=66771&item=4370436888&rd=1

It's more like a daybed than an actual bed, but the size seems so perfect ^_^; Any thoughts?

3. nifty but dayum is that some $$ shipping! *_*

4. Hah, I didn't even read the auction :lol: there are literally dozens of these on eBay from various sellers, hopefully that's on the high end of the shipping :? But I do imagine wrought-iron is pretty heavy...

They're so bleeping common that I'm guessing they're probably available at some brick-and-mortar store! Just don't know which ^_^;

5. I have ordered a futon and a little sidetable, but shes grown quite accustomed to the little nest I made for her in her cute pink box!

[​IMG]

6. I'm ordering my first bjd this january, but I've already been working a project to make a scaled-to-bjd-size Dance Dance Revolution machine (semi-functional too :p), a para para paradise arcade machine, and am looking into getting the tools to make a bed for my little bro to sleep in. I'm hoping to get the chance to take the DDR machine to cons and bjd gatherings so all the other guys and girls get a chance to show their dancin' spirit.

Once I get the project started, I'll create a new thread and document the progress in here. ^_^. I can't wait

7. Oh we DEFINITELY go beyond just clothes in this house :lol: The boys have their room in the corner of ours :)

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

What have we got in there, lesse, well, the bed is a retired American Girl Stars and Moon trundle bed...that was about £25ish (including shipping), the chest of drawers was about £5, the lil black chair draped in a red throw was about £10 I think...and Trys has a pink satin chaise longue that was £10 :) As you can see, multi-functional is key when you have about 3 square feet of space lol

I'm always on the lookout for more furniture, I have a passion for miniatures as well as BJD's, so the kids get to live pretty well ;)

8. I always buy chairs for my dolls. For the tinies I also buy larger pieces (bed, couch, etc). If I had more room I would buy a bed and couch and more for my mini girl.

I think chairs are important - I like to get chairs with arms that my doll can sit in stably and safely. A few chairs don't take up much room, and are fun for photos. If I take my doll somewhere, I also bring a chair.

I am a cheapskate with furniture. I got my most of my mini chairs for $5-10 each. If I get a mini bed it will likely be an inexpensive or secondhand one. Since I have no room for a mini room setting, I just buy pieces I know I will use in photos. Some day I would like to have a whole coordinated room though.

Carolyn

9. I love setting up scenes for my kids with furniture. I've bought a chair and a sofa off of ebay for a reasonable price. I've gone to local home goods stores and been able to get tables and chairs as well. I've also gone to Pier 1 (a store in the U.S.) and been able to get some great dressers their. Plus, my local doll shop has a few things of the right scale. Part of the fun is constantly looking for the right scale of things. If you look on line the My Twinn dolls website http://www.mytwinn.com has some pieces roughly the right scale.
      Nancy

10. Anika! That's my name without an extra 'n'! XD
      I have no space for my doll right now. Once I get some shelves up in my room I'm going to aska friend of mine to build a little cabinet I can put her in when she arrives to save her from my cats.

11. My uncle and aunt (my favorites in my family, truth to tell) make sofas and beds for 18 inch dolls. They're really for American Girl, but I plan to ask them to make me a set of both. Beg, really.

And I REALLY mean BEG. If I have to, I plan on commisioning my family. I'm so pathetic.

12. Furnitures! My house has tons of furnitures for the girls. >__<; I'm constantly having to sell some, because I keep collecting way too many furnitures.

I find furnitures all over.. since I love to travel, so I get them from the oddest places, 2nd hand stores, flea markets..

13. I'm thinking of getting my dad to help me build a bed and sofa for my boy when he gets here. But as long as I'm living at the boyfriend's, he has to live in his box due to a retartded cat.

14. I really, REALLY want decent things for my dolls, but... it's all too expensive! Currently they sit on a pile of old Nakayoshi issues covered in a blanket. That's it :( But I have very little space right now. Next month I'm going to try to make things a bit "cooler" with a bed and mini family room. Or at least a decent sitting spot ^^;;

15. My dolls have a couch that's not proportioned quite right since I made it myself:
      [​IMG]

Their beds are their boxes, and it suits them fine. I do want to buy a table and some chairs, but only if I can find them cheap. Whenever I think about the prices for some of that stuff, I can't help but think I'd rather get my girls new shoes or accessories with the money.

16. I have a lot of nice American Girl sized furniture & it fits the kids very well. Most of it I've found on Ebay or at The Dollmarket (www.thedollmarket.com) None of it has been too expensive & the Kingstate pieces are especially nice. I've also picked up some wicker & plain wooden chairs at local markets.

17. I have 1 couch and 5 chairs not to mention I have my friends couch. It helps when I have my friends come over my house with there dolls.
      I also have a bed for my 2 Sds and 1 bed for my Msd.
      The other two boys sleep in there boxes but they don't mind.

heres a picture of Quatre & Crescent's room the bed that quatre is on used to be a pet bed. I cut off the front since it was just a bit short but now they have room ^^
      [​IMG]

18. I've purchased a few accessories from the American Girl website [but only rarely, their prices are insane]. ^^ All my other furniture is either made or bought from The Doll Market or Michael's.

19. I found some nice sofas from a teddy bear shop. :D it was nice surprise and the sofas were really pretty. One was fitting for tinies and other was fitting for SD's. Also, surprisingly I found some really nice ones from giftshop where they had some porceline dolls for sale, the furniture was originally ment for those but they fit nicely to MSD's. And doesn't look all that bad with SD's either. I'm happy I found them ^-^(and yeah they were expensive .. umm. around 50 € a piece.)

20. I got a big sofa from eBay for only around $10 or so - not a bad deal at all! (though now I've got too many dolls to fit on it comfortably, it looks like I might have to start hunting for another one... :sweat)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]