1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Furniture

Apr 2, 2005

1. Me too!
      Uh-oh, still the best way to have exactly what you want is to make it...
      Many of my armchairs are foldable, just because the space is precious.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

2. I am so down for buying doll furniture (always loved having a dollhouse if possible) but the only thing stopping me besides my wallet would be space because doll furniture, even if small size, would take up space I do not have. But I would love to have doll furniture to pose my future dolls on. It would be so cute and be more ways to customize my doll if that makes sense.

3. Thrift stores are where I get most of my doll furniture! A lot of jewelry-boxes and the like work well for dressers or nightstands. And if you're willing to spend a decent amount of money, American Girl Doll furniture works almost perfectly for MSD sized dolls. The accessories don't(obviously), but the beds are the exact size necessary. Plus their furniture is really well crafted and cute, and I have some of their stuff from fourteen years ago and it still looks brand-new. The price is a bit steep, but you get what you pay for.

4. Today I've got a couple of garden chairs that fit 1/4 (the chairs are slightly smaller but they work) and 1/4 garden tools at Tiger (flying tiger) I also got some 1/16 stuff for Pinky:st (garden tools, painting easel, pallet coasters to make hipster tables)

5. I bought a cute chair from a flea market that is perfectly MSD sized to look like a slightly over sized chair! It's sooo cute! I think as time goes on I'll probably make my own furniture and dioramas~

6. When I get the money and space I please to make a diorama for my yosd dolls, I think furniture is an adorable idea to decorate with them.. it's cool to have more than a simple shelf to display smaller dolls on! I would pay maybe up to $50 on good quality wood furniture, since I can't splurge too much, gotta be careful!

7. I haven't bought any furniture, I'd make my own. I've made some bedding so I'd have some when I make a bed.

8. I'm pretty big into making dioramas so I will add to this discussion!

Some of my furniture I make from scratch. Some I buy from stores that make furniture for dolls (DreamStudioDollHouse on Etsy is my favourite) and some are lucky finds from charity shops (trinket boxes that look like drawers etc). The ones that I buy I usually paint/modify to get them looking how I want them to look.

I agree that the best way to get exactly what you want is to make it yourself. I'm very picky about scale, and I'm especially picky about beds being the correct scale, so I make my beds myself. I think you can get away with other bedroom furniture being a bit off, but, for me, beds are important to get right because real human beds come in standard sizes. I've looked at beds for sale online, and I can't find any that have exactly the right measurements, even ones that are made specifically for BJDs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. My poor little doll lives undressed on my ironing board right now waiting for new clothes, at least it is padded!
      I usually have her beside me sitting on a desk so i can watch her while sewing some projects.

10. @Hyzenthlay Your dioramas are so adorable but so beautiful!​

I really want to make some dioramas for my dolls or just get something so I can display them. My problem is: I don't know where to display them and my cat LOVES the wigs. Nothing is safe.
      I have a bookshelf that I could display them on if it wasn't already preoccupied by copious amounts of nerd stuff... I guess I'm still trying to figure things out and living in a small apartment doesn't help.

11. My best friend has a diorama for her dolls and at first my opinion was that I didn't need to invest my time and money for a living room for my dolls, but when I saw her diorama I quickly changed my mind and now I'm looking for some furniture for my dolls myself. I'm even looking up how I could make it myself, because it looks ike a fun project! But nevertheless I would totally buy furniture, too. I think the money I would spend on it depends on the size of the doll it will be for.

12. Beautiful !
      Do you have a site, and as I suppose prices must be very high, do you do layaway for fashion dolls furnitures (40 cm dolls) ? I am looking for a sofa :)

Have you seen the Moscow contest (many photos on instagram) there is a lot of dioramas, large ones and mini ones, gives so much more to the doll.
      It's Matahata who is the winner for the mini diorama and there is photos on her page, gives mes ideas :)

#852 Abell, Jun 20, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2018
    13. Sadly my tastes run towards Victorian and Rococco furniture, and there's just so little of that to be found.
      Plus there's the dream of a fancy chair with a hole in the back center for my Vesuvia that will fit her tail which I will probably never find.

I do have an extremely plain couch. Wish I had more.

14. Dear Abell, thank you so much! PMing you ^_^

15. Thanks ! :)

16. That's a very interesting task indeed, I believe it's possible to make such a piece of furniture in either Victorian or Rococo styles.

17. I love idea of furniture; I don't have enough room to make a full bedroom but getting my doll a chair was very important to me, so that when she is out of her box and being used, she has a safer place to sit than say the edge of my desk. I was actually able to find an appropriately sized chair in the toy section of Wal*mart that doesn't look too cartoonish or childish, so I'm really pleased!

That being said, not sure how much else I will buy other than prop furniture. Probably a lot of different chairs to be honest!

18. Right now he lives on my bookshelf with some knickknacks and off topic dolls. I want to get a couple of chairs or a couch to put in there, but I might make make one myself. I'd love to do a diorama, but I'm not really sure where I'd put it.

19. I have some old American Girl furniture I'm hoping to use for a diorama I have in the works. I have a bed, couch, and maybe a wardrobe (it's been in storage forever so I'm not too sure). I hope it'll work for 1/4 scale, if not I'll buy furniture from Etsy or even make it myself?

20. I LOVE for my dolls to have furniture! I found them to be quite expensive on Etsy, so I made my own bed frame from wood, and then made the mattress and bed linen :) I have lots of furniture I’ve found in thrift stores and then upcycled :)