1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Furniture

Apr 2, 2005

1. Actually, I just ordered a bunch of furniture for my dolls and I am planning on giving them their own little room with bed, wardrobe etc.

I am always looking for tiny little things that come in the right size as my dolls. I always loved the idea of making some kind of diarama for dolls, even before owning my first real BJD. I even want them to have little books and gameboys and... ahhhh everything! Windows on the walls, Posters and pictures, mirrors, little lamps, carpet... My ideas are countless! I hope to oneday have some decent photos of my project to share XD

2. I plan to make some furnitures. I saw doll furnitures sells on Taobao, but buying materials are much cheaper than buying furnitures.

3. Sometimes you just have to wander around open-eyed. There is a lot of things that can be used as doll-furniture, that are actually not that expensive. In my experience, things get expensive if they are meant for dolls, almost as everything connected to the hobby is supposed to be super-expensive. (Don‘t get me wrong, I am willing to pay for handmade work, but it has to be reasonable)

4. You can also get a bit creative with ready-made stuff. I found this mini chest of drawers at a craft store for a couple bucks - the drawers had cutouts, but I turned them around to get the smooth sides in front and added knobs:

[​IMG]

The same treatment is being given to an Ikea "Moppe" organizer right now. Said Moppe is used to store my girls' clothes and resides in the bedroom diorama. Iple SID Eva for scale:

[​IMG]

edit - here's the finished thing:
      [​IMG]

I went ahead and made a tutorial, in case anyone's interested. The modding itself took just shy of half an hour (as witnessed by my washing machine's "quick" circle). Definitely a quick-and-easy thing.

#864 Jany, Jul 12, 2018
      Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    5. I'm sure I've posted this before, but jewelry chests make great doll dressers too.
      [​IMG]
      This one actually holds my jewelry, but I've since gotten another one that is just for the dolls. The drawers are very handy for holding their smaller props
      [​IMG]
      a more recent shot of the bric-à-brac on top of the dresser - the plant is a "desktop accessory" from Cost Plus, the books are actual vintage miniature books I have a bad habit of collecting (those particular ones were printed in Paris in the1880s - if you think dolls are expensive, you should see the vintage miniature book prices:o) and the jewelry box was bought at a museum store (they had an exhibit on scrimshaw) The "wall paper" is a vintage sari from ebay.
      [​IMG]
      the plates are small sauce dishes, probably intended for soy sauce, bought at a dollar store
      and finally, LINK to the bookshelf I put together for the dolls - explanation of what's what is at the bottom

6. You can buy some nice stuff from off of TaoBao. You just gotta use an agent though unless you're good at Chinese. You also want to use google chrome since it can translate a whole page on its own. They have some pretty good prices for bjd stuff in general.

7. I really want doll furniture, but I would be more comfortable making it myself as opposed to buying it. Money is tight, and I have an employee discount at the craft store!

8. That's awesome. I've made a bunch of furniture and props for my boy.
      [​IMG]20180713_194605 by Kit Lioncourt, on Flickr
      I made the chair, sofa, coffee table, shelves, tv stand and end table

[​IMG]20180603_122813 by Kit Lioncourt, on Flickr
      I made the bed and all the bed clothes

9. That's some seriously epic crafting! Well done!

10. I'd love to get some furniture for my dolls, but most of it isn't what I'm looking for. I did however find someone on etsy selling doll sized beanbag chairs, and I am considering buying one for my girl.

11. Wow! That's a lot of stuff! I love the lounging chair and pizze box!

12. I make most furniture myself using balsa wood and other easily worked materials. Also buy some every now and then, especially for my tinies as scale furniture for them is easy to come by. I also always have an eye on Belachix.

13. I've bought furniture for my dolls previously. They had a big double bed from IKEA, but it fit about 4 dolls in there haha. I would like to make my own one day.

14. If you havent yet, scope out nearby antique stores. I was lucky enough to find 6 perfectly sized doll chairs - all for around $5 each. 2 of them will need repainting, but it's a lot cheaper than ordering online.

Sometimes you get lucky and can find small items like dishes, etc. You never know what you might find!

15. as my crew are going to be sd and well i dont have a big room but i plan on having a bed and sofa made for them xD i will be able to store them somewhere xD

16. [​IMG]

17. I love making doll furniture myself. It's the shipping that is costly.

18. Here's a head up for those with MSD and larger dolls. AC Moore is selling soft handled scissors in racks that look like very cool and super realistic entertainment shelves or tv stands etc. They THROW THEM AWAY when the scissors are gone. I asked nicely and they condensed them and gave me 3 for free!!!!!! Yes, I think they thought I was crazy but they are looking awesome. If I can figure out how to get pics on for you all I will. Always keep your eyes peeled for such things. I find picture frames shape like chairs, cell phone holders and tiny bits and bobs from Lowes and Home Depot that make cool cups, and lamps and things. I even have nondoll collector friends who said I ruined their eyes because every time they shop they think, "Hmmmm, couldn't that be a....". Good luck everyone!!!

19. :thumbup it's so true, I think twice before throwing something even a package :sweat! I never thought about the ephemeral sales support of the shops because often it is "no" for some boxes to move! but ....