1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Furniture

Apr 2, 2005

1. I have a thing for tiny park benches. At the moment I have three benches in various sizes, a little rocking chair, and a homemade bean bag seat. I'd love to set up proper dioramas for my dolls some day.

2. i got a tracking # finally for my last "massive" item. A huge bookcase from Legend doll scaled for large SD's (It's 80h x 60w x 20d cm).... I hope it makes it here no damage. It has glass front doors :eusa_pray it cost the earth but we just never see this stuff where I am soooo... And I have lots of mini 'decoration' type things to fill it with until i see what size books to put in it.

3. My SO and I built our own cute lil living chair :) It took forever but it was a lot of fun too.

4. Oooh! I've been eying that! There's a local cabinet maker whom I desperately want to commission, but their shop is never open and apparently they don't answer phones :sigh Post lots of pictures when you get it, I might be giving up on local dude soon...

5. ++++++++++
      we have 'cabinet makers but none I would trust to work in doll scale. Just the dudes who make stuff for you kitchen. The qualified ones either have no time or would price it out of range 'without' shipping... which is way more than the cabinet LOL literally. So If you choose to order check the shipping FIRST... and this item ships by itself. 1 item, one box. My entire order was more... and both the other items shipped separately too. The shipping will deter most but this is large and heavy and coming from CHINA. insured and EMS...

6. Chaeri has her own box house that sits by my bed, fully furnished (mostly with craft-stick pallet furniture), but she doesn't have a bed because...well...she sleeps with me.

7. I buy furniture... i find that 'teddy bear chairs' are the perfect size for my 1/3 boys!

8. There's a ton of stuff on Amazon that's cheap n cheerful and can be modified... it's actually brought me back to the hobby a bit after 5 years or so? lol.

9. Do any of you guys know any active online shops for 1/3 scale loveseats or couches? A lot of links are dead now. Something more realistic and victorian like a chaise lounge(fainting couch)
      I see tons of items for 1/4(“but will fit SD too”) and the scale is awful. Google is not my friend, I’ve searched for teddy bear furniture, 1/3 scale furniture, bjd furniture. I’m not finding anything that looks right. I’m considering a luxury pet couch but they look too big. Thank you for any tips!

Hoping to keep it under $150 but I just don’t know if that’s even possible at this point.

10. Have you checked DreamStudioDollHouse on etsy? They have lots of cool stuff in various sizes ...

11. :(
      I did, they have cute little wooden items for 1/3 scale but sadly no chaise lounge :( been looking at salesman sample furniture but not having much luck online. Might have to check out antique malls in person

12. Oh wow that is an awesome shop thanks :)

13. I do purchase furniture when I see it but I don't necessarily seek it out. I made sure I had a table and chairs because my dolls have to sit and I made sure that I had a tea set because they love to take Afternoon Tea. I don't have a fixed room for my dolls I just use backdrops. Anything I put out eventually has to be put back. I would love to have space for a fixed room, as in a doll house room, so I could leave everything out.

14. I recently bought an 18" doll wardrobe off of ebay, and I love it. I hope this is a good place to post this. It's this one ARMOIRE CLOTHES STORAGE TRUNK Case Furniture Fits 18 In Inch American Girl Doll 898100000804 | eBay
      [​IMG]
      My doll is 54cm. The wardrobe is a little too short, but I think I'll try adding some legs to it when I'm able to go shopping again. I think it'll look fine as is when she's sitting in a chair next to it rather than standing. It's really well made and very solid. I'm really happy with it. The shop has some other furniture as well.

I also bought two salesman sample chairs off ebay. I'll post pictures once they're painted and reupholstered. I know it's been said here, but salesman samples can make wonderful furniture for bjd's. Most sellers list the measurements of the furniture, and I found everything from msd sized to 70cm sized things. There's even pieces that are toddler sized. I definitely recommend doing an ebay search for salesman samples if you've been wanting some nicely made realistic furniture.

15. that is amazing! and i wish there were more salesman sample stuff IN Canada... shipping from the US is... not pretty truest me lol. I can't wait to see the sample items!... hell i'd like to see them in junk condition lol

16. Dear Cinnamon Crystal, wow what a great find! I look forward to seeing what you do with the chairs.

17. @Lady Tiku And Canadians have to pay huge customs fees as well right? There were a couple items I liked that had shipping that was over $100. I know some of the items are big and heavy, but it seems like the seller just made up a number rather than weigh the item to see how much shipping would cost.

@Owl Queen Thank you. I've started sanding them, but I still need to do a lot more sanding before they're ready to be painted.

[​IMG]
      Here are the chairs in their "before" condition. They're in good shape minus some wear around the edges of the wood and really dirty, ugly fabric.

I don't know if this would be helpful, but would anyone like me to post some good ebay finds? While I was looking I found really cute things that aren't the right size for my dolls, but they might be just the right size for someone else, like I found a gorgeous wing backed arm chair that would suit 70cm dolls. I guess the ordering and shipping section might be a better place.

18. If you were to post stuff like that here, I'd certainly find it useful ;)

19. Then I'll share a few things I've found. Mods, please let me know if this isn't okay or not the appropriate place. All the things I've found are shipped from the US since that's what ebay shows me.

I found this fancy Victorian-esque SD sized chair. Vtg Chippendale Doll Chair American Girl Doll Size 18-22" Tall Wood & Upholstery | eBay

I also found this modern desk chair that seems like it would fit MSD. Vtg Herman Miller Eames Era Mid Century Modern Salesman Sample Desk Chair | eBay

And lastly here's a lovely all wood SD sized bed. SALESMAN'S SAMPLE BED | eBay

There's definitely a lot of nice stuff out there. Some of it is very overpriced in my opinion, but it's definitely worth the look. Key words to look for are salesman sample and whatever item of furniture you want. 18" inch doll furniture can also yield good results. A lot of sellers list the measurements in the description so be sure to check if there isn't a ruler in the photos. As a side note for chairs, six to seven inches seems to be a good height for the cushion height for SD's in my experience. If their legs are too long for the chair you can put their lower legs at an angle rather than hanging straight down.

20. I am new to the whole world of BJD and this site has been an amazing source for info. Someone recommended Whispering Grass as a great source for furniture, in addition to apparel and such for BJD. Their website is: wgrass.org | Whispering Grass and they sell directly on ETSY. I just made my first purchase of a Glastonbury chair today. As it's coming from the Ukraine, it will probably take some time but I am excited. Check 'em out!