1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Furniture

Apr 2, 2005

1. I've seen their stuff online before, but I never realized they had stuff for sale. Thank you for sharing!

2. Oh, I really want to create a space for my dolls, with furniture and all but, I didn't know where to buy them.
      I'll checl some of the pages mentioned here :)

3. I’ve gone as far as to build an entire tiny diorama to hold their furniture. :sweat:XD: I have tinies, so it’s a bit easier to deal with furniture of their size. I also really like making them furniture pieces, as their size makes it pretty easy to do.

4. All of those pieces are amazing!

5. .

#905 Gintsumi, May 28, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
    6. I love collecting furniture and props for my doll photos. My favourite size is MSD, which is easier to find things for. I've had a lot of success finding things at the secondhand thrift shops, and at doll shows, although both are closed or cancelled now. I was always on the lookout for bargains, because I didn't want to be spending a lot on any one thing. I store all the furniture on bookshelves in the basement, and just haul things upstairs whenever I need it for a photo shoot in my dining room. The furniture used to take up just two bookshelf units, but my collection keeps growing. Although not so quickly now that everything is either cancelled or closed.

7. Just thought I'd pop in and say take a look at Kwik Sew K0180. I'm planning to use it for a doll chair.

8. I would LOVE a picture of your prop storage. My doll props are in bins and boxes, which makes it really hard to find anything that I need. I just aquired a "doll room" (yay empty nest?), and have been puzzling over the best way to set it up.

9. Okay, so I went and took photos, and posted them on my blog - Storage

This is the main furniture storage area in the basement...
      [​IMG]

And most of my smaller props are divided by type, and stored in labelled photo boxes....like these....

[​IMG]

Some are in plain view, while others are behind doors.

10. WOW - that is some collection ... nice!!!

11. Thank you so much! I love how you can see all of your furniture choices at once.

I'll be showing your blog post (LOVE YOUR BLOG) to my husband. It looks like a really space-savy way to do it. One wall of prop shelves in my doll room, instead of several big bins in the basement that are hard to search and annoying to store.

12. I don't keep room set-ups, but do take pictures of particular 'room' settings, so next time I want to take photos with a particular set of dolls, then I know what to bring upstairs.

Big bins would drive me nuts, as whatever I was looking for would probably be in the very bottom every time. Plus bins are a great way to damage things. I find it really helps to divide small props up by type and then store them separately in labelled boxes. The photo boxes are lightweight and came in all kinds of pretty colours and patterns, and then I know exactly where everything is, and after use I put stuff back right away. Of course there's still a bit of scrounging around in the smaller boxes since they're all quite full, but it sure saves time when stuff is stored by type.

13. Thanks. It's taken me years to collect. Much comes from secondhand thrift shops, and doll shows. And some of it is homemade. There's even a set of doll furniture my Dad made for me when I was three. It all caters to 1/4 size and smaller.

14. I plan to buy a few pieces of doll furniture. Most probably a bed and a chair of some kind. I want to build a small roombox eventually so they will go into that. I like how a doll looks sitting in a chair and it makes me less fearful that they won't fall over.

So lovely to have that awesome storage space :) I have an wardrobe that I use for random things which I am slowly going through to make space for more storage but is nothing like that.

15. If you have big dolls, check out pet beds. That's the base for the bed in this picture, I just had to make the mattress, pillows, and bedding. (Mattress and pillow forms are an easy beginning sewing project, and it doen't matter if you're still learning to sew and they don't come out pretty because you cover them with sheets) The dresser is a jewelry cabinet, the hardwood floor was made from popsicle sticks and heavily varnished, and the rug is needlepunch embroidery.
      [​IMG]

I'm sure I've shown this room set up before, but until I've recovered from hand surgery I've only got old shots of my props/furniture

16. Thanks for the advice :) I haven't got any dolls yet but I plan to have a collection of tinies. My main hobby is doll houses so I am used to 1:12th and 1:48th scale. I am planning on attempting making my own furniture for the first time though so the advice is really appreciated. I am to used to having to hide mistakes in my 1:48th scale dollhouses :)
      Hope your recovery is going well. Poor you. It definetly doesn't help with crafts and dolls when you are injured.

17. TJ Maxx(and sister stores) have these incredible chaise lounges for fancy pets that would fit well with a big doll. I bought one in pale pink. :D The brand is Tainoki if you guys wanna check it out. $70 for a big beautiful chaise lounge couch is amazing.

Will post photo with my dolls once it arrives

18. Very clever!!! Love the idea of the popsicle sticks for the floor!

19. Omg. They're beautiful. I'm going to have to buy one. I'd love to see yours when it comes in.

20. Don’t worry I’m stoked to take pictures! No shipping notice yet