1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Furniture

Apr 2, 2005

1. Seconding the 'Where do you keep your BJD' thread. =D

I've been able to find a fair amount of good-looking Japanese furniture & props for mini/tiny sized dolls, but I'd like to see a lot more for SD. ;) Until I can find some affordable in-scale furniture that matches them, my crew will have to get used to a supersized world.

2. You may want to post a picture request for Where Do You Keep Your Dolls, in the photo request forum. I'm sure a lot of people would post pics for you!

I have a lot of furniture for my dolls - I've found I enjoy them even more when they have their own little "world".
      :>)

3. I have a few odd doll furniture items I've picked up over the years... a couple of antique chairs, a sofa, a folding futon bed/couch. But I don't have a lot of room unfortunately, for more!

4. I have several different chairs and a 3-tiered plant stand for the SD sized dolls to sit on. I also have the pieces to make a couple of beds and I'm in the process of making a clothes rack for them.

Poor Evan (OD Tae) doesn't have much in the way of furniture but I'm thinking about getting some of the 16" fashion doll things that are out there.

On the other hand, Molly Neko (Catsy) has tons of furniture & even a house because she fits the 1" scale miniatures that I've been collecting off & on for years. Here she is w/ some of her gardening things [​IMG][/IMG]

5. Yes :) my entire crew has furniture..... oh my goodness even the little princess has an incredible crib :) . I don't have many pics on here but I could maybe post a few here and there in the gallery *giggles*

6. I had an American Girl doll when I was younger, and I bet her gorgeous four-poster bed will be perfect for my MNFs when I get them. She may have had a table and chair, too...I'm not sure. It's been a while and I haven't had the room to keep thinks in my room instead of the basement, it's all there though. Saw the bed the other day.

They may have to wait to use it all until I get my own place, though. :/

7. Mine dont have any of their own furniture.There is not enough room in my house. *_* I dont think they will ever get any either.I like the way people make ''rooms'' for their dolls,with beds and chairs and stuff,but I dont think I will.The price of the stuff rules it out really,hehe.I'd rather have another doll. :D
      But I do like the way other peoples dolls have nice sofas and stuff. :o

8. I have two large bunkbeds--for SD size. An AG bed for MSD (or shorter girl SD), and another bed about the same size as the MSD.

My mom's doll chair needs repainting, but I have that, too. :)

9. Locke and Ish each have their own chair, they have a bed they share, and a dresser. I'm currently working on getting them a table and chair set, I just need to figure out where to put it. XD

10. We collect 15-20ish other kinds of dolls as well so we have LOTS of furniture- including a 4 or 5 foot by 2 foot deep dollhouse- yes it is in the living room :B
      We have chairs, rockers,stools, picnic tables, desks a few sets of bunkbeds tricycle and bikes and scooter and skateboards and ummmhammocks and swing chairs and a BIG wagon and we just got a mini boat- oh and the pation furniture too, well *they* have more furniture then us- especially if you count the dollhouse stuff !
      I really need to get some good pics,.....
      QZ :B

11. Yes, in fact they have too much furniture! *they've got more than I do!* :whee:

12. My dolls have a stack of Japanese manga magazines covered by a blanket, which serves as a sort of couch for them. Otherwise, I simply don't have room for furniture or elaborate rooms :(

13. oh yes, furniture - lots of chairs and couches, trunks and that sort of thing - Fuan has his own room [err, or will once I get it set up again from the move >.<] Jenova's getting his own as well [because thanks to Syrinxfox, I finally have a source for the bases of his 'in theory' furniture]

Eventually I want to do full sets for them all - stuff I can put up for shoots and break down when I need room -> all of them mimicking their rooms in the mansion as they should be [it's going to take me a long while I'm sure *_*]

14. Moderator note: I've merged the thread "Do your dolls have their own furniture?" into this one.

15. Thanks for all your replies!
      Special thanks to StephG! I've found a lot of gorgeous pics follow your suggestion!XD
      And thank you,Rhian! I've got a lot of useful info from this thread.^^

16. Hahaha...thank you. :kitty2

~Anrui

17. As of today my boy has 2 floor cushions, and 2 smaller cushions ready for when he gets a chair.
      I did a lot of tapestry a few years ago and had some finished pieces that were just the right size for him. I must have had a physic flash:)
      I've also got a small chest (a jewelery box really) froma local shop, and a really cool real spode plate from the flea market in town.

Today Remy's chair finally arrived. Its a bit small but he looks so laid back in it.

18. Tristian has a matching toybox and dresser studded with stars and planets. There is a wicker chair that is waiting for a cushion and a half finshed four poster bed that I realy should get done. He is going to have little led starlights and I want to find some small maps and starcharts to decorate with.

19. I don't have any BJDs, but if I do get a 43cm one (ek, 60cm is too big), I have a fireplace he can relax net to with a mini book or two. It's one of the ones with the fan that blows the fabric so it looks like fire. I did a little OOAK work on the flame; I coloured the edges with an orange Sharpie so the flames would look better.
      I have a couple of wicker chairs that I think might be big enough; they're too big for 1:6 scale, at least. I also have a couple of pieces of old furniture in the basement that are too small for me. They might work for a doll, if they're still any good.

I do like that gothic throne with the skulls that someone else in this thread made. If I ever dollify my shinigami, I'm going to have to make something similar.... Of course, then if I make his angel counterpart, the angel will need a cloud. ^_^ That wouldn't be too hard to make though; just some fuzzy white material with some stuffing.... Maybe some kind of stand.....

I am eyeing that book club someone linked to earlier.... *_* Little books with a spiffy shelf!