1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll in Mind Love boys - Lloyd and Andrea

May 15, 2007

1. [​IMG]

Sorry for the single, craptastic picture - ;D I just had to take one in a hurry before work.

I'm so pleased with him.. >u< I can't wait for him to have a face-up and his proper eyes and wig!

And even though it's going to be tricky to find a body to match his resin-tone (I don't like DoD bodies T_T), I love his colour. It's REALLY pretty!

2. Ohhh. Lloyd is such a drama queen.

HE IS SO POUTTTYYYY.

But I have to agree. The resin is delicious. In pictures it comes up looking pretty pink, but in real life it look quite pale.

3. **twitch** Lloydddddd **flail** I'm completely in love with this mould at the moment. I'm hoping it's a phase...I need fcs first. He's gorgeous though, Kazzii, good luck with him. :) Don't forget to post pics of his completed look for me to squee over. :D :fangirl:

4. So are these boys just so different, that only the DIM bodies, and DoD bodies match? They're so wonderful... and I've got an Andrea head on the way.

I just wish I could find a short body that would match him. *cry*

5. Oh. I posted my pictures of my Andrea just a page back. He is amazing! :D

6. I'm sad about the bodies too. But the company Angell Studio currently has some minis out who have the skin tone "pinky white (to match DoD)". And they're VERY reasonably priced!

I just pray they'll release some 60cm bodies in the same colour @____@

7. "Andrea" is a women's name, but actually it's a boy, huh? He looks great!! But I'm a little bit afraid of Lloyd, his face looks very fearsome! Nethertheless he's gorgeous!!

8. Actually, Andrea is a male name in italian. ;)

The meaning of "Andrea" is in fact "courageous, manly" - however "Andrea" is also used as a feminine version of "Andrew."

Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea

I only know this because my friend is a big fan of an athlete named Andrea.

9. Good to know, now it's not so funny anymore ^_^

10. Actually, when I say Andrea, I pronouce it An-dree-ah. Not An-draya. I didn't even notice it is commonly a girls name until I saw that one of my female friend's name is spelt that way. XD

11. My sister had a classmate, an Italian exchange student named Andrea. His name was pronounced like the English version, too.

It's a shame so many unisex names have become predominantly female-attached now; one can't name a boy Ashley or Whitney or Lindsay or Lacey without attracting titters or "oh maybe you meant to name him..." :< I really like all those names!

That Lloyd sculpt, though... dang. My resolve not to buy big dolls is so wavering.

12. It is apparently a very popular boy's name in Italy - if you look at the male section of the list of notable people named Andrea on the wikipedia page, all of them are italian. xD

I agree, Aggity. I was quite surprised to find that Evelyn and Vivian were once unisex names, but now used almostly exclusively for girls. I was reading a 19th century novel in which one of the minor characters was named Vivian, and I didn't realize he was a man until the third chapter. *_*

13. When I first saw the Lloyd, I hated it. But then it sort of grew on me, and now I kind of like it. He actually has an expression, which is pretty rare... and the pout is kind of cute. Sulky boys, mmm. XD

Not so hot on Andrea. Also, I think it's a man's name, but then again, I live in Europe.
      (One man's name that continues to boggle my mind is Maria, never gotten used to that one.)

14. I'm not sure if this is still relevant, but I recently received my Lloyd with the default DIM face up and newer body. At first I was a little hesitant on getting a Lloyd, but he's really growing on me now.
      I also really like how he poses. Sometimes, though, his back snaps back and his head cap flies off.

[​IMG]

15. This thread looks a bit dead but I'm posting anyway. I ordered Lloyd's head a few weeks ago. I'll order his body sometime in the new year. He'll be my first in that size. I really wanted Andrea but he seems to have been discontinued. Lloyd's pouty face is what captivated me. Seeing the photo above I'm glad I made the decision to get him. I think he'll work out just fine. :)