1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll In Mind - LOVE - Discussion II

Apr 30, 2022

1. [​IMG]
      My Arttong Dolces XD Don't have a body for either one of them so they are borrowing :chibi The normal skin is on Peakswoods Normal Skin and the white skin is on the Supia new pink skin ballerina body. Matches are pretty good for both colors, the WS works pretty well on the pink skin supia if you blush the head . Faceups are done by mana_reminiscence and paulianne.dolls :whee:

----

Doll in Mind - Love - Discsussion I

2. I only have minis, not SDs from DIM, but two of them are normal skin from the closing sale, and I have them on normal pink bodies from Loongsoul and Myou, and both of them are pretty good matches in color. Loongsoul is probably better than the Myou one. My other DIM doll is a complete doll and he's a few years old, but he doesn't seem to be much different in color from my new ones.

3. Ooo that's good to know thank you :chibi I'm on a lookout for some older DIM heads (like Bbjorn, Terrence, Julian,, Elif, Galahad, and Edmon), I'll keep Loongsoul in mind if I ever luck out and get one of them :whee:

4. Doll Leaves also matches, but I only have the mini bodies on hand, atm. I'm eventually going to try ordering a body for my Kassia head.

The Doll Leaves body is listed at 8cm neck circumference, and the DiM Love neck circumference is listed at between 9.2 to 10cm, depending on the version. :huh?:

5. Just beware -- Loongsoul's default is the environmental resin, so you have to make sure you are getting the urethane resin to match DIM. Some dealers don't seem to offer it on their sales pages, but I'm sure they can get it for you if you ask them to.

6. Not sure if anyone is aware, but Denny is opening a last chance order for 3 DIM minis: Flowne (elf ear), Larina (open eyed) and Laia (half closed eye).
      BUT, if you want one of the other heads, like Terrence, he will do an order of those if there is enough people asking for him (the minimum is 25).
      If you're interested, please join one of our G.O. - there is one for UK and one for USA. Its not a guarntee he'll make the head you want, but it is worth asking as other people outside DoA may be asking for that head as well :D
      The price for the mini's is $49 per head - there is no price for SD as it's still in the feeler phase but I can't imagine it being much more than what the minis are. I myself am ordering a couple minis and going to try for Terrence :blush

If you want more details or to keep up with updates, please visit the DiM Mini discussion.

Keep in mind, GO will close by May 30.

7. My WS Dolce's body finally arrived :chibi I got the Luts Muse body in Real Skin White and the match is very good if not perfect. I love the aesthetic too. My only gripe is that its strung extremely tight and if not careful, can pinch your finger in the joints :sweat Here are some pics:

[​IMG]
      Not sure why, maybe is the skinny legs, white skin, and black socks, but getting Omori vibes :XD:

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      So cute :chibi

8. @krystina congratulations! he looks very nice )

9. Thank you :XD::blush

10. Hello guys.
      I have a Dim doll Kassia and both maskcat doll normal skin and myou doll body in pink skin are very similar in colour with dim doll.

11. Ooo that’s good to know- I’m looking for a body for another Arttong head (it matches my peakswoods, which matches fairyland, which I hear matches DIM XD).

can we see your Kassia :chibi?

12. Here is the Myou doll body in pink skin with DIM kassia head. The match is perfect. I will try to take a picture with the maskcat body for reference.
      [​IMG]

13. Aw so beautiful. I don't know why but the myou body seems thinner and longer than I expected. I regret I didn't ever get one of the girls like Kassia with the frowny face, pointy ears and sometimes fangs situation but I have Lloyd so it's fine I keep telling myself :XD:

14. @deathdoll ooo yes the match is perfect :D I’ll have to check Myou’s 1/6 bodies. I think Maskcat has 1/6 too- I’ll have to check them out.

@AlisonVonderland same I didn’t get those girls either :( I actually had Leonora and Odile back when I first could afford dolls but I got them unassembled. I sold them because I was so intimidated by the body parts- I was afraid the dolls would just collect dust :sweat I kick myself to this day for not holding onto them :sweat. But lucky you, you got the most stylish Lloyd :chibi I only have his cousin :XD:

15. I think given enough experiences everyone has some regrets but you can always say, if it doesn't work it wasn't meant to be!
      Aw you are so kind, thank you! I personally love your doll you described as a "cousin of Lloyd" :XD: they do look extremely similar. In my collection I've bought several faces similar to Lloyd (big round heads with narrow/half lidded eyes and frowny lips. It's basically my favorite style.
      But no I'm very grateful to Lloyd. He's a good guy around here. I am happy that the last few years I started seeing some other people have one and show pictures again.

16. @AlisonVonderland absolutely! Gotta stop with doll regrets :XD: heheh there’s a real possibility both our dolls were sculpted by the same artist. I keep looking at Lloyd and Dolce and they totally got the same chin Hahaa! Yes I agree the face shape is so lovely and unique- and with lovable pouts. I do see a lot of similarities with your other dolls to Lloyd :blush And their outfit game is so on point :cool: aww your Lloyd sounds like the rock of your doll gang. And yes I been noticing more DIM being showed off more! It’s awesome :whee:

17. Honestly Dolce is almost like a renewal version of Lloyd in similarity. I love that. They have the same facial proportions but the features are handled slightly differently. In my opinion it's what happens if you draw a character over and over and reflect on drawings made years apart so maybe you're right :chibi
      Haha maybe he is I'm not sure. His tenth year with me is this year but he's never been a main character, he's been a wearer of many hats but he's still here, patient and forgiving which I think is very kind of him :XD: he's definitely a favorite

18. Yes totally :XD: I think you nailed it with the drawing analogy. Wow Happy 10 Years Lloyd! Definitely not main character- he’s the support :XD: the most essential and often overlooked role in every good story :chibi

19. I hope everyone is having a lovely start to the new year! Anything good going on with those old D.I.M. dolls? My poor poor Lloyd lost his body last year :...( he must have a persecution complex at this point, and I have been so sad because I see heads coming around second hand that I haven't ever seen before and I cannot buy them :( of course, I can't even take care of Lloyd apparently! Body of his own or not I want to repaint him soon and spend time with him for a while.
      In the meantime I've been fooling around with Sven, and if it's not weird, I think I will post him here. He's Doll in Life Rydel, and there is not an active thread for that project, which was a limited project under Doll in Mind a long time ago. So hopefully he can be at home here with the doll in mind friends...

[​IMG]
      Polish 20230121 225246589 — Postimages

He's really my favorite doll in the whole collection so it always makes me sad that I wasn't posting him.

20. Lol Im sure your Lloyd doesn’t mind sharing his body. Wow I like Sven’s style <3 Those black lips look good for him. Did you get him from the Marketplace?:D I saw a Rydel on there some time ago and have been eyeing that Robel and Eunbi. :chibi But I’m trying to slow down I have 3 DIM MSD heads that I still need to develop characters for and I just acquired an Annelise head:XD: I think this year I’m going to sell one of my older dolls and maybe save up for a body for the Annelise head. I’d like to focus on wigs and clothes this year and taking more photos- I think I’ll just stash the extra heads away for awhile until I get my current dolls dressed and wigged :chibi