1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll In Mind - LOVE - Discussion II

Apr 30, 2022

1. Thank you for all this info @AlisonVonderland :D I will probably hold off from buying LoongSoul especially new since it is a bright pink. I got a DIM Flowne in Denny’s last order dolls last year and I see what you mean about the bright pink. When comparing BBjorn’s headcap to Flowne, they pretty much match except you can tell BBjorn is a little more dull. Thank you for offering to take pic of your Chelsea but I think you covered all the questions I had :XD: I think this weekend I’m going to wipe my BBjorn and Annelise old makeup to see what I’m working with:3nodding:

2. No problem, I'm happy to try and help! I will be looking forward to seeing how they both turn out! :D
      I think a little doll in mind conversation really encouraged me and I took a real photo set of my Lloyd. I'm so happy to get to enjoy him :aheartbea I posted the set in the gallery today but I will leave one for posterity:
      [​IMG]
      Polish 20230213 182324925 — Postimages

3. Yay more pictures :D He looks fashionable :chibi this is a lovely shot- i love all the wild colors in his hair and clothes juxtaposed to the natural colors of the environment. Did you make his kimono? I really like the print :XD:

4. Thank you! Yes I did make it a long time ago. I really love this fabric. I had found it at a store that sold donated craft supplies, which was really cool. I wish I could still find a place like that.

5. Oh, your two boys are so sweet looking! I wish there was a database of DIM sculpts, because I know they've had a lot over the years.

6. Aw thanks @GRtoMost so sorry for my extremely late reply! :sweat
      It would be nice to be able to have an easier way to remember all the sculpts. Every time a company disappears, eventually I think some begin to be forgotten.
      how's everyone doing?
      My Lloyd is pleased I think to be sitting with all the others and dressed still. :XD: I'm making kimonos for some of my 1/6 today and it reminds me that I would definitely like to make a new one for Lloyd too.
      My sewing projects list is about a mile long :lol:

7. [​IMG]
      I posted his pic in Art-tong Discussion but I'll post here too since related :whee: This poor boy is due for a wardrobe change but I keep shopping for my other dolls :lol:

@AlisonVonderland all good but not enough time in the day to play with my dolls :XD: I'd like to see your kimonos when you finish them:chibi

8. He is just so beautiful :D I love him. That hair color too, is one of my favorites when it looks good on a doll.
      How do you think you are going to dress him when you get around to it?
      Oh, I finished two for my Dollzone tinies last night, not on topic here. If you use instagram I can message you my account name where I post all my stuff.
      It would be nice if I have something here I can use for Lloyd ... But I'm not sure.
      I'm trying to talk myself out of ordering a big cut to make him something from this Etsy shop where I got the selection of small cuts in a bundle to make for my tinies. (Yamato Fabrics) but they have some really good stuff, fish, dragons. Cranes.
      Did I say dragons.....? :XD: we'll see.

9. I have a blue and a white mohair wigs on order for him- so he’ll have a choice :XD: I want to either get this outfit or try making 嗳(あい)❤️. on Instagram: "new✨ MELODY.C 2023 Spring 2023.03.04 21:00~(Japan time) https://melodyc.org/ bjd #doll #sd17 #volks#dollphotogallery #dollphoto#인형 #photography #人偶#bjdphoto #bjdstagram #ドール#photographer #人形#bolljointdoll#dollgram #superdollfie #ボークス #スパードルフィー #sdgr #sdgrboy #bjdclothes #bjdhandmade #bjdhandmadeclothes #bjdclothesforsale #bjdsale #bjdforsale #mdd #sdm"

I have 0 sewing skills but I want to try making it. I just gotta stop buying doll things first so I can save for a sewing machine. Or do you think I should try handsewing first? Maybe I can start with the frilly blouse before starting on a tweed coat and shorts. I think his style gonna be cute and preppy- lots of pastels :XD:

Yes I have a IG I’ll message you my account name. Ooo I’ll have to check that store out :chibi

10. This is a lovely picture! I think the suit you want for him will look gorgeous :love
      Good luck with the sewing!
      I haven't given my Dolce a new faceup yet, there's a queue of dolls waiting here for their new face haha!

11. So lovely! I always enjoy your photos :)

12. Thank you :D Who do you think you’ll go to for your Dolce’s faceup? :chibi

13. I'm doing it myself, she now has one by me, but it needs improvement.

14. @Mandeline if you get a chance to id love to see her :D

15. @krystina as far as sewing goes, I think it's best to have a basic understanding of how to sew by hand, just, in general. I knew how to do it before I bought my own sewing machine. But liking types of sewing is not universal... I hate hand sewing so much but I love sewing by machine :XD:
      I hope you will enjoy sewing if you give it a try! It's definitely possible to teach yourself. But like all things, results are probably best if you are really motivated.

I'm sure he's going to be so lovely and fashionable either way! Designing their wardrobes is so much fun!

Aw thank you @Mandeline :hug: I really appreciate that!

16. I miss DIM so much. I wish I'd have gotten more dolls. I have a Lloyd, Elif and Terrence. Can you believe my Lloyd turns 15 this year?
      [​IMG]

17. Aw, I mean, yes I can believe it, of course it's a weird feeling too. I haven't been in the hobby quite that long, but I bought a doll from someone in 2021 that they said was 15 already, and I have Lloyd too-- I got mine second hand and he has now passed his tenth year with me.
      I really love how yours is styled by the way! Mine didn't really come out anything like I expected :XD: I used to make my dolls have a lot of ravewear/ club/ goth fashion and stuff too! I still have some that are influenced by those looks myself.
      Anyway it will be great to have more company in this thread! I'm actually pretty impressed but we've managed to keep it pretty active again recently I think :chibi

18. :whee:
      Same, I wish I had gotten more when they were around - :kitty2 Your Lloyd looks so cool, he has such a fun style and attitude :XD: Congrats on your 15 years with him ! If you ever get a chance I’d love to see your Elif and Terrence :chibi Elif owner pics are so hard to find- I really love his unique face.

@AlisonVonderland yes I agree, this thread getting more activity lately :whee:

19. I'll definitely take pictures of Elif and Terrence eventually. Once I have access to my doll room again, I'm going through apartment renovations at the moment. I found a 2nd hand Anneliese that I'm hoping doesn't sell by the time I have the money for her. Crossing my fingers.

20. I still wish I could have more but I also think I may not ever buy a new doll again (or at least have more dolls or more characters) and that's partly because the moment I remember how many dolls I have I realize I definitely can't handle anyone else :XD: I'm happy to get to be in an active discussion thread where I can just enjoy seeing what you all are working on, collecting, excited about. :hug: I want to make Lloyd a new outfit soon and do more photos. He also still needs that improved Faceup that actually looks good in person :XD: