1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll in Mind resin matching

Nov 2, 2005

1. Alright, so I searched and searched, but being that "DIM" is three letters, I didn't have much luck, so I'm very sorry if this has been asked before.

Does anyone know if SoulDoll Resin and DIM resin are a decent match? I'm looking for a body and I just LOVE the SoulDoll girl body, but I'm not sure of the match. If they are not a good match, are there any other resins that are a very good match for DIM? The head matches my volks pureskin body pretty well, but I'm looking for something slimmer. Thanks!

2. The older DIM resin is a great match to Iplehouse WS. Here's a photo of Ambrose on his Iplehouse body:

[​IMG]

The newer resin is a pinky white color, it's pretty close to DOD. Neither one of them is a good match to Souldoll. I've also seen a DIM head (older resin) on a Dollmore body, and that was an excellent match as well. Hope that helps!

3. My head is ffrom the newer batch of resin. That matches pretty well with DOD? That would be perfect because that is also a beautiful body.

Does anyone have pictures of new DIM resin and DOD resin?

4. I'm not sure if this helps you, but I found this thread.

5. Hoothoot - that did help, thank you.

Although I'm not sure i'm coming up with any answers, or maybe i'm just being dense. XD

So a good match for DIM New resin would be...?

6. my persia head is on a mythdoll body & the resin match is almost 100%! and mythdoll body is super flexi and thin looking. i love my girl except her hands.

7. I have an older Enubi head on a Dollstown Soph body which is their pinky-white color. Enubi's head works as it's just a little larger than than the Soph head. I think this head is the original DIM color. The fit is very good.

I have the Dollstown 13b body in pinky white too, for my Belita head which is a little darker--more yellowish than the Enubi head and it looked ok. I blushed the whole head white (2 coats of chalk pastel) and that seemed to fix her up fine. The fit is nearly perfect, but I think I'll sand the top of the neck for a more tapered look. The Dollstown necks don't taper much at the top. I think a narrower top is more graceful looking. A little thing, not necessary, but I think it will make a difference. Proportion wise, Belita looks wonderful on the Dollstown body.

I have a second Belita head and she's darker than my first, but she's not at all pink like the DOD resin. I did have some DIM bodies that were a perfect match to the DOD pinky resin. Just for fun I tried Belita's head on DOD Shall's body and it looks okay, but maybe a little large. Of all the bodies I've considered for the girls, the Dollstown seems the best.

BTW, I'm considering R-Asiam on the DOD boy body.

8. dollstown normal skin is also pink-white resin color?

9. I have a DIM head I bought through the market place (so not sure if its old or new skin) and a DOD and they don't match at ALL. :/ just to let u know!

10. Since I"ve since found a body for my floating head, I thought I'd put out there for anyone else looking at this thread that Volks matches pretty well with DiM resin, but Soom resin also matches very well. That's what I used - a Soom body. :)

11. Is there a match for DIMs white skin?

12. Ballon Molly, I'm happy you finally found a perfect body ^^ I actually love soom girl body and I'm interested also... when did you bought your Eunbi?

13. soom normal skin right?

14. I bought my Eunbi off a DoA member, but its from the newer batches of resin. :)

Yeah, both normal skin.

15. When I get my Archernar I'll check it against my Ducan's skin. So we'll know if new DIM might match new DOD?

16. I have a Danbi head and an old resin Camine, and while they dont look too bad together Danbi is yellowish, and a little darker- he makes my Camine look almost pure white.
      I'm really interested in these threads to find out if the head I have is normal or white skin so I can get him the right body, but on most comparisons it seems theres no mention of wether the DIM in the example is white or normal ^^'
      can anybody help with that?

17. I've ordered from the New Year's Event and have White and Normal coming. I'll try to post pics when they arrive... :)

18. Um... some stupid question, maybe, but does DIM have white skin option?

19. budah- thank you

I_love_el- yep, they do