1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll in Mind resin matching

Nov 2, 2005

1. They just arrived today!

Left to Right: Rain (Normal Skin), Danbi (White Skin) and Sleeping Persia (White Skin).

Rain is more pink, Danbi's "white" is more yellow than Persia's "white".

[​IMG]

2. Okay so I have a DIM Achernar and he's got this beautiful hand which is abhorantly wide spead. I can't get it through half the sleeves of clothing I get for him and in the process of taking it off and putting it back on over and over again the hook I'm using to hold the string has started gouging at the resin. I'm not too crushed up about or freaking out cause I was planning on sanding his wrists a little to give his hands more flexible movement, but I hate having to take his hands off in the first place. DIM doesn't make alternate hands, so I was wondering if anyone out there knows of a company that does that has a really close skin tone match. He's what's considered a NS from DIM, but he's kinda pinkish. I was possibly thinking maybe DOD, but I'm not 100% sure. If anybody could help it would be much appreciated

3. There are quite a few threads on DiM resin matching here on the forum... The problem is that DiM changes their resin colour about as often as the average boy changes his socks (once a month or so ;) ). Any tip you'll find here is likely to be outdated. Your best option is taking your doll to a meetup and compare with other dolls. Or hope that someone else who owns Achernar reads this thread and is more helpful than I am. :sweat

4. You can always move the fingers, my boy had a disco finger, I hated, I boiled some water, waited till it was hot, stuck the hand in for a couple of seconds and then moved it. It stayed where I moved it and I don't hate it anymore. Good luck with whatever you decide!

5. Hi! Agree with Bubble Gum Goth. I have a DIM Persia and I hated the way they had his thumb sticking out. I set aside some boiled water, put his hand in it for a few seconds, and was able to move the thumb inward to where I wanted it. Now his hand is fixed and I can put any outfit on him.
      My only word of caution is when you get the resin hot enough to move the thumb, do it gently. Good Luck!:thumbup

6. Customhouse is closest I've seen I think.

7. http://denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65647

This thread has a lot of pictures of dim resin matches ^-^ but it may be a bit old if dim resin has changed again...

My DIM girl head is on a volks body and the resin match is very good. Not 100%... but unless you were intentionally looking for it, you can't tell.

8. As a note, my DOT Ducan is from Nov-Dec this year and they don't match. Plus, his hands are just as big, if not bigger, then Archernar.
      Boiling seems to be the only viable solution for the crazy hands. :doh

9. thanks. for some reason the boiling thing slipped my mind. I've heard of doing it before, but didn't really think about it for some reason.

10. http://www.dimdoll.com/shop/step1.php?number=219

I want that head, but I am wondering, what bodies would be the best match for a DiM boy??

Also, I have seen a DiM up close and he really had trouble standing, and the knees are kind of weird. I was wondering if anyone had tips to get over that? I hot glue sueded him and he seemed pretty good, perhaps new strings? Does anyone else have this problem?

11. The newer, paler pink DiM heads have a color that's very close to Dollmore resin. I don't know about fit, but there's a head comparison thread in the Photorequest forum that shows a body/head comparison of about 10 different resin boys. It's stickied.

12. DIM just released a newer, updated boy body that no one on the forums has yet; you might wait and see what the new body poses like before making your final decision. ^^

13. Hi, I am denny and I can help you if you can let me know what problems you have with your boy.
      In fact, if you have any problems to stand your DIM Boy.
      Check the Sphere on foot.(try to place the sphere reverse)

If the sphere is in opposite position, the body can't stand easily.
      And I never heard about knee problem ? Could you let me know more by message ?
      I know the previous DIM Happy girls were having issue for its kicky legs(They are modified now).
      But other DIM boys are fine and no problem to stand as far as I am concerned.
      If I know the problem detaily, perhaps I can help you.

Anyway, the new body stands fine and has improvement on some points.

P.S : Tip - I know some of DIM owners don't know how to make our dolls sit.
      Bend the upper torso to forward enough(Not hip).

Thanks

Denny

14. Could somebody find out wheather the present resin of DIM (Edmon in particular) matches the resin of a SDF Luts girl body from 2009? Both Normal skin.

15. Does Leeke match? Either in normal or Pure Rose skin? I'm wanting to put a Laia on an Art Body, and i've seen it done before, but i wanted to know which skintone to get.

16. AOD is a super close match

17. I cannot link to the picture but @hanaful , found a picture of an hybrid (Dimdoll HAPPY Annabeth on a Dollzone body- see 'Who is this?' her post dated today 28/02/2016).

Would an Annabeth head or a Gayane head fit on a NB58-001 dollzone girl body?
      Which dollzone resin would fit Dimdoll's normal resin? The white dollzone resine or the pink one?
      Any idea about the proportions? I couldn't find Annabeth or Gayane head sizes.

18. Anyone know what company matches Doll in mind tan skin? I just have a floating head right now lol
      Thanks so much!