1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Leaves 16cm BB's Discussion

Apr 26, 2010

1. haha, that's a happy pic Sazzlynn. It is curious that her eyebrows are reddish brown - Sue-Ying's are a lighter brown. I think your DingDing will look fab as a redhead. Does she make you smile?

Silvermasques - that is a very handsome pic of your Ben in the database. I haven't used the database before - do I just add 1 pic? I am a terrible sook in the cold weather - I much prefer the summertime heat. We are escaping to your part of the world for a month long holiday in 2 weeks time. It sounds like we need to pack light - no jacket required?

2. .

Yeah, I was kinda disappointed that almost none of my vast collection of Riley-sized outfits fit my 16cm Pukifee at all. But some of the more generously cut Boneka Size 10 (PukiPuki) dresses do fit the 16cm PKF, so after I pay for DingDing (and maybe DangDang?) I'm going to contact Susan at www.littleprincessfrocks.com and Nancy at www.letsplaydolls.com and see what they have in Boneka Size 12 (Ellery-sized) that isn't too babyish for these happy little girls!

3. I have an Ellery Dress ..
      the one with the tiny embroidered bunny

I can try on her and see if it fits

4. Yay then post a photo and we get more spam. Love your little girl Sazzlynn, hope hope mine will be arriving Monday.

5. That would be very kind, Tinybear...

I broke down and emailed the company, asking them to send me an invoice for a DingDing and an extra body (for my FL multihead). Now I need to crash, and dream happy dreams that there will be a reply waiting when I awake.

6. ^^ Yeah you'd just add a picture and fill in as much or as little of the bio as you want

and I'm happy to say our Dealer site is up

7. Doll Leaves Dingding review: This is my first resin BJD and I purchased her based on the comments of others on this board. So my opinion: She is a darling sculpt and makes me smile everytime I look at her. The quality of the resin is good, very smooth, uniform coloring, with no visiable seams. Stringing is tight and she poses easily. Face-up is clean. Eye liner is very black with brows a pale reddish-brown. Blush and lips a very pale peachy-pink.
      Complaints: Her right eye slit is not cut cleanly. You can only see her eye by looking up into the eye opening. This makes the right eye look white in most photos. I tried repostitioning the eyes to improve the look but I think I am going to have to recut the eye bevel.The eyes included with the doll are low quality. They don't look bad (not much shows on Dingding) but if I had a wide eye doll like Dangdang, I would replace them with better eyes.
      In all, I am happy with this baby and would purchase her again.
      [​IMG]

8. Hmn I'll pass this along to the sales team <3 they always appreciate a good honest feedback.

And your eyes are low quality? I wonder if that's due to their size... since the eyes included with the SDs are Bright and colourful and very clear.

I'll let em know about the right eye too :aheartbea

9. If the inner bottom lid was painted black, would that improve things?

The eye quality on my Ding Ding is very poor, but I am not worried because you don't see much of the eyes on her anyway. And I always change out the default eyes anyway :-)

Does anyone have a Dang Dang that we can compare?

10. Perhaps that would help a bit. I'll make a list and give it to them tomorrow night.

11. Well, I'm a spaz -- I just sent a message to the company's gmail account asking if I could change my order to "normal" instead of white skin. DingDing looks so fair in the pics here, just the look I love, and I decided (after sending my order email) that it would be better if my cream-white FL multihead was a little paler than her Doll-Leaves body, rather than looking dirty against a possibly blue-white WS.

Since I hadn't received an invoice yet, I figure they just don't answer mail on Saturdays, for which I don't blame them. Hope I still qualify for the free face-up!

12. Well remember today is technically sunday for them... And since the order was placed before the end of the event she should be okay.

13. Thanks, Silvermasques... I wasn't sure an email counted as "placed" if I hadn't paid (haven't gotten) my PayPal invoice!

14. Well tomorrow night the Doll-leaves agents should be around so if they are I'll give them these item reviews as well as mention to them your concern, If I see them on before they get back to you.

15. Upon looking at Doll Leaves web site I noticed that Ding Ding's eye openings are not the same. The doll's right eye is more of a slit than the left eye. Also they have added lashes to their doll on display. You really don't see any eye ball or eye coloring showing at all. Maybe adding lashes will make the eyes seem more alive even if there is very little color showing.
      It will be interesting to see if Dang Dang's eyes good with or without lashes. I hope "she" gets here this week.

16. Yes eyelashes can reeeeaallly change the look of a doll ... ^^

Also again here if anyone wants to contribute Doll-Leaves Database!

17. So pretty much they're going to make sure the eye-issue with Dingding will be resolved and her eyes will be made even in cut now ;D

18. Thanks silvermasques for communicating this information to the company. I hope you don't think I'm being overcritical as I really love my new dingding. I only posted my opinion as a FYI to potential buyers. I like to know as much as possible then can make a decision without disappointed expectations.
      Sugarlump, I intend to try the painted lower lid first. If that doesn't help, I'll try some eyelashes. Then the exacto knife. I've been known to install glass eyes in vinyl dolls (Tonner) so I think I can handle it.
      I'm travelling to the beach tommorow and will be gone all week. Won't work with her until I return. But I'll post photos of her progress.

19. Haha No problem! I'm a Doll-Leaves dealer afterall so communicating customer feedback is something I do anyway.
      They really appreciated it. I told them you were pleased, but you wanted this pointed out. No Harm no foul M'dear.

It helps everyone in the long run, makes us happier buyers and makes Doll-Leaves a better company.

And you've installed some glass eyes in some of Robert's works? That sounds like a fun little challenge.

I love Robert Tonner, as OT as he currently is here on DoA.. I adore living close to him.

20. =D They'd love some Owner photos to display on their Main site!