1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Leaves 26cm Discussion

Nov 8, 2010

1. I've had two people contact me privately to say that even though Dan didn't appeal to them much when they saw him in the news thread they have seen my pictures and are now ordering him!

On the website they have him dressed very dramatically with a heavy face up, which I love but it does hide the doll's best features and the clothes hide that spectacular body!

http://www.doll-leaves.com/doll/view_175.html

It was the body shots that really made me fall in love, although I knew all along that I would get a Dan eventually.

http://www.doll-leaves.com/doll/view_177.html

Even with the dramatic face up he looks so much better here than on his main page. The first picture at the top by the description shows him sitting with his hand by his head. That shows his ability to move but also his bone structure, he's not just a chubby faced vamp!

The face up is wonderful but many doll suppliers forget (I think) that face up's have the ability to change the shape of the face with highlights and shadows in the colouring. With a dramatic look you can lose the whole shape completely. I know that Doll Leaves now have the body page and a page for the blank head but so many people saw the main page and didn't look any further because they didn't see Dan's potential. I'm glad that my pictures are appealing to people this way because he's a fantastic doll and more people should look into getting one (or maybe two, hehe).

ETA: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...l-Leaves-Dan-(pictures)&p=7186281#post7186281

I've put two new photo's in my box opening thread. there's a shot of them both and a close up of the face. You can see the features better there, also the lovely eyes that DanDan arrived with.

2. Darn you, Doll Leaves! I already ordered Lili and Safa, but now, after reading all four pages of this thread, I'm tempted into buying another pair of dolls before the event ends... TT_TT

3. XD Awe hehe XD DS is good for that

4. I got 2 Fays, a Mic, and a DingDing (3 are gifts) the other day! They are so sweet! They now have wigs and faceups and will be with their new owners tomorrow. c: They are really lovely and I will post pics soon!

@Mathurine I really love your DanDan's faceup! Great job!

5. Some questions about ordering for the Christmas promotion: how exactly do I order? I'm a little confused. Do I email them and tell them what I want (a boy and girl)? Will they send me an invoice with the shipping added? Help!

6. Yeah just email them and they will give you a paypal address to send the money to. They respond to emails really quickly so you won't need to wait more than 24hrs.

7. Well I know a lot of them Might only be getting back tomorrow ( late tonight ) because a bunch went on Holiday :o :> but as long as the e-mail is placed you can consider them ordered :3

8. Thanks guys, I appreciate your help!

9. Any time love :D

10. What size clothes would you put the 26cm and 20cm dolls in? Like compared to the size of another doll. All I have is pullip clothing, I sold all bjds a year ago and everything that went with them and I only had little pukipuki's anyway :p I just ordered Lili, Safa, Fay, and Mic. I need to get wigs for the 26cm dolls and clothes for all four. So what do you all think?? I need sizes and good places for clothes, I don't even have my links anymore.

11. Well.. the 26cm can fit the standard YoSD Clothes. while 20cm babies can fit smaller thinner clothes like ones used on Brats and similarlly sized dolls

12. Thanks : )

Any link suggestions for cute clothes? You can PM me if you would rather... Any recommendations are welcome, like I said, I lost all my links and i've been outta the loop for at least a year : /

13. Hi!

I'm new to this thread, but not to DOA.

I'm got in on Doll Leave's Xmas special and ordered a Dangdang and a Milk. I ordered them from Heartstrings Serenade, which is a company here in the US. They have the dolls in stock.

The problem though is that I sent the final layaway payment through Paypal to the wrong person! I had just purchased a doll rug from a seller and right after that I sent the doll payment, only I sent it to the rug person instead of the doll shop! Now I'm waiting for the rug person to refund my money so I can make the final payment! I hope it doesn't take too long for the seller to respond and refund my money. My babies are ready to be shipped out!

14. It's okay hun, things happen! :P Your babies are patiently waiting so do what you need! :P

15. Hi everyone! I knew this thread was here and I had a tough time finding it lol.
      I ordered from the DL Christmas Special too! I heard about it from one of my friends and found it very irresistible!

I am also wondering about clothes. I have an MSD, so I'm not really familiar with their body size.
      I am sooo excited to have them!!

Mathurine, your dolls are lovely!! I adore them!
      I can't wait to see everyone's pictures when the dolls all come in ^________^

16. Here is Edvard (ns Lili, blank)-

[​IMG]

I'm considering getting him a smaller pair of eyes while he goes out for his faceup, 14mm almost look a tad big...

He fits YOSD clothing fine, and the posing is excellent! He can hold a kneeling position, sitting position, and stand very easily! I got him to balance on one foot briefly as well. I'm very impressed with both of bodies (I also have a WS Lili girl).

17. Hmn! He looks like he could really handle 12mm or maybe even 10mm ovals Owo; But he's so cute >w< I can't wait to meet him in person <3

18. Out of curiosity... does anybody have any pics of a blank Kiki? I'm trying to plan out a faceup for the midget, but Doll Leaves doesn't have any blank shots, so it makes it kinda hard... ^^;

19. Hmn D: I don't know if Anyone has a Kiki home yet D: