1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Leaves 60cm Boys Discussion

Apr 26, 2010

1. Yeah, I always try to look at blank shots of the heads now to judge the sculpts... Though the newest 3 girls are kinda cute.. I Honestly adore Vanesa..

and We don't have the Xavor outfit up separetly anymore. I can see if they still have a couple since I know they started the ' once we run out of a material ' thing... they stop making them. If you want I can ask :>

2. Ah, that makes sense. Right then.

3. Aww but his hair looks sooooooo good like that. Hopefully it was worth all the work. XD

I've been having wig troubles, too. Any time I have to take off Jaden's fur wig, it doesn't go back on the same way and I have to sit there messing with the sides and wiggling it back and forth a bit to even out the parts around the ears.

4. They do seem to cycle their 'old' dolls out fairly quickly, though. That's another reason I wanted to hurry up and order my Lili. I figure it's just a matter of time before they start cycling out their older 26 cm dolls, too. I'm just glad I got my Xavor when I did. I absolutely adore him. Although now he's REALLY loose and I'm gonna really need to swallow my anxiety about not being able to get him back together and tighten him up a little. I got an awesome pose with him, once, and tried to get a similar pose for another shoot and he was just way too floppy to support himself in that pose again. His legs kept doing odd things on me. n.n'

[​IMG]

Wanted this pose for http://ookami-chan03.deviantart.com/#/d4cghkq this pic, except slightly modified, obviously, with his head tilted back a little and off to the side. I had fun with a hunting shoot with Jaden and Alice.

5. Yay Jaden!!! <3 he's a handsome boy! He really makes a fabulous wolf.

6. Have a (partial) Doll Family photo! :D

Lol... this is 30 out of 53

[​IMG]

7. And my hubby was picking on me about my upcoming fourth. :sweat:
      Well, it was cuz at first I was gonna take part in the event, so I was trying to put together enough to get the sleeping Jax (he absolutely forbade a floating head because that would mean another body eventually) and when he still seemed a little hesitant to give his blessing I said, "What if I said screw the event and just got the blank doll, no face-up?"
      So he started picking on me and said, "WHat if I just get the face? No body, no head, no eyes, just a face?" So I laughed and stuck my tongue out at him and said that was just silly, that I don't think they even sell Lili heads on the site. And a head would need a body and it's cheaper, I think, buying them together.

But back on topic. Xavor does make a good wolf, doesn't he? His eyes turn down at the corners just enough to make the face-up easy to do. And to think, all that stemmed from me being too poor to buy a wig and only having faux wolf fur to make one out of. XD Funny how things work out sometimes.

8. Made Jaden a new shirt. XD Doesn't really fit his character well (he likes more natural things like brown leather and suede and earthtones) but it still fits and looks good on him. And it took me 2 days to make cuz I started sewing one of the sleeves on inside out last night and decided I was too tired to sew anymore so left it to fix til today, so he can just deal with it being a little out of character. Winter is coming up, he shouldn't be running around bare chested. XD

I'll post a pic as soon as I take one.

9. [​IMG]

New shirt spam! It's not as short as it looks. It just took me awhile to balance him and then to add Alice and I didn't want to knock him off balance again by pulling his shirt down a bit.

It's a bit out of character for him, like I said, but the longer I have it on him the more it grows on me. :XD:

10. it looks good on him though! Blues compliment him nicely

11. It makes him look younger and less fierce, I think. I normally can't take pics of him with Alice cuz it looks like he wants to eat him. But he looks very fatherly in that shirt.

12. So Xavor, Mortin, and Hu are being discontinued, but they're posting pics on FB of a new 60cm male body they're developing. Does that mean they're going to be releasing more 1/3 boys? I doubt they'd make a new body for just Ben and your 2 exclusives.

If so, I can't wait to see what the new boys look like. They better not make a vicious attack on my wallet! My husband would kill me. :sweat Also I'm looking forward to seeing the new body. I love their male sculpts. They're not adolescent, nor are they overly muscled and veiny and (in my opinion) gross looking, like some bodies I've seen. It's not stylized, either, as I've also seen (meaning it looks more realistic and less like they did a rough carving with a putty knife and didn't polish it up at all). The FB pics were labled as being to do with the joints, so I wonder exactly how they're changing it. Hard to tell from the small pics on FB.

13. Well Ookami, I think it's gonna be bumping out our shop exclusives too, Not positive. But I am pretty sure all of them including the ones we have.

Kinda sad :< I kinda hope they'll be nice~I noticed some changes in the 'peanut' of the knee and I am noticing a bit of a knee-cap too now which is pretty nifty

14. The only thing I'd probably change is the indent where the thigh meets the hip. It might just be that he's a bit loose, but I have problems with Jaden's legs swiveling sideways. I always have to bend his knees to make sure they're facing the right way. They don't like doing what they're told most of the time.

Mainly his left leg, I think, which is weird. Probably cuz I'm right handed, though, so that's the leg I usually pose more when he's facing me. I'm sure it would happen just as much with his right leg and I just don't notice cuz I don't manipulate that one as much.

15. Ooohhhh, the fun of wrangling those epic Sailor Moon legs. Kaito likes to turn his backwards on me, and then be smug when I have to take his pants off to fix them. How does he even.

I don't think I'm going to be able to resist bringing Hu home sometime next month, and if I'm lucky a tan Mortin won't sneak his way in. You hear me, boy!? Stay away!

(Silver, have I told you lately how much I love you & Heartstring? Layawaaaaaayyy~)

16. nasa hahaha xD <3 Well we try~ x) and trust me we appreciate the love~

17. Nasa: Glad it's not only me. :XD: And yes, epic layaway is epic. Without it, I wouldn't have been able to buy Jaden and then I wouldn't have Alice either, and those two have brought me just as much joy (as well as occasional frustration) as my first doll does. Tovarious was getting lonely, not having any other dolls around.

18. Ooh the new boys coming out are pretty. I like the one with the rounder face. Not enough to get yet another doll, but I'll enjoy seeing owner pics when other people get him.

Though I'm starting to wonder why DS boys always look so happy/relaxed/neutral and most of the DS 60cm girls look like someone kidnapped their baby. There's a lot of very sad faces there. Lovely, but sad.

19. LOL Ookami I adore your description of the girls XDDD

personally I think i like
      [​IMG]

this one over the rounder faced boy... Although that thick as hell eyeliner O_o; is kinda throwing off his face for me a little bit.. O-o

20. Hmm, I do like him a little better, viewing a larger pic. And you're right about the eyeliner throwing his appearance off a little. But I think I still like the rounder faced one best. Of course you can just look at my collection and tell I like rounder-faced dolls. :sweat Other than Jaden, my collection mostly has/will-have-when-they-arrive round faces and large eyes. I'm a sucker for round faces and big eyes. :aheartbea