1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Leaves Mini [45 cm] Discussion part 3

Dec 22, 2014

1. My neglected little guy... Terribly he still needs a name and face-up, though his role in my bjd-group is set in stone.

[​IMG]

2. Nice little guy! I love dolls without face-ups, they have such innocent and nice ghostly look.

On the side note. Somebody, please, stop me. I've just paid for second DS order (layaway at Alice Collections, again, I want Asa and Len, and the company's event won't release me xDD

3. @ellia-bronsky Ooh I love dolls without faceups! I got my Doll Leaves Flora in yesterday from the secondhand market and wiped her fast ASAP. The company faceup was not my style nor was it very well done - so now my girl has no face, and I kind of love it.
      It allows you to fully appreciate the beauty of the sculpt.

4. I've doll from another company for about a year or more now and he still is without makeup (and I love him like that!)
      Sometimes they are just like blank page waiting to be filled and this feeling of readiness for next idea is thrilling for me :)

5. Last year I purchased a Pepper head that didn't end up working out for the character. I've been trying to sell it since then with no luck. I've been thinking about keeping her and transforming her into one of my slightly more minor characters, though I'm undecided. Pepper is a pretty little sculpt, but I don't know if she'll work for what I need. I got her with the default face-up, which is QUITE beautiful, but not at all appropriate for what this new character needs. Still, I'm hesitant to wipe it since it's so pretty and I'm pretty bad at face-ups.

Normally I prefer hybrids, but searching for an inexpensive, small-breasted, wider hipped 1/4 girl body led me right back to Doll Leaves! There new girl body is SO lovely, so if I do decide to complete this lady I'll probably be going with that, but I haven't seen a lot of reviews on it. Has anyone here bought it? Or perhaps have any Pepper's to share?

6. I really hope this thread hasn't already been posted x_x I did a search and couldn't find anything more recent than 2012 in the mini doll section. Anyways...does anyone wanna talk about how cute Doll Leaves 1/4 dolls are because I think they're adorably tiny. I do wonder if they're taller or shorter than minifees though, because it seems like they're shorter than a lot of other dolls. Regardless, they're really cute >w<!

7. Yep I also think they are really cute~ hopefully for my third doll I can own an Andrew or Yoko... And their prices are so good :love I don't really know much about them cause I don't own one but I'm definitely planning to someday >u<

8. I absolutely love their Teresa and Ida face sculpts! Such cute little elf ears!! I am however a bit skeptical about their bodies. I tend to favor more mature bjd bodies and Doll Leaves seems to have more childish ones. I think for the price though, the doll is worth it!

9. I really love doll leaves face sculpts! I am however, a bit skeptical about ordering one because of their bodies. I tend to favor more mature doll bodies! For those of you that are current owners, How do you feel about their bodies?

10. @nekkous I've seen a few body reviews and their bodies seem to be pretty good posers. They're also very beautifully sculpted in my opinion.

@EKRJS You know, ironically, I haven't paid much attention to their head sculpts xD I've mostly been body shopping, but now I want to take a closer look at their faces xD

11. Well I feel awful silly :sweat Not sure how I missed the active Doll Leaves mini thread even AFTER doing a search for it :doh My own stupidity aside, I'm super happy to have found this thread as a Doll Leaves hybrid is going to be my first doll. I'm having a difficult time stuffing down my excitement.

12. The newer body has bigger hips so she looks more adult. The chest is still not that huge but there are lot of adult women that dont have so much. The older body is really uncurvy everywhere

13. I suppose it depends on how "mature" you're talking about? I currently have the boy body, and it's used for a character aged around 17-20. He's a skinny character without a lot of muscle, and while it might be a tad too young looking for him, I still think it suits a teenager just fine as opposed to a little kid. I'm looking into purchased the new girl body as well, and from what I've seen in photos she would suit a young adult of similar age as well. It's true that her breasts do look on the smaller side, but as mentioned, there are PLENTY of grown women out there with smaller chests, so that should not be used as an indicator of age. Her overall sculpt seems to lean toward teenager/young adult, rather than child.

@bluefoxy That's exciting! Who are you planning to order?

#433 InkyBear, Mar 16, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    14. @InkyBear I ordered the 42cm boy boy for the unoa head I have. I was very excited to find out that Doll Leaves does resin matching because unoa fairy skin is super hard to match. I'm very excited, but also pretty worried since this is my first BJD *_*

15. I literally just ordered a Flora,I've been wanting a DL head sculpt in my collection.
      Also,I have the newer 1/4 girl body and its taller than an Active Line Minifee..it's also a very finicky poser and is a bit hard to stand.
      I'm not sure if it's the stringing or the construction of the body though.

16. Got it. Okay. The body I ordered is the boy body so I'm not sure how that compares to a minifee. But I'm very excited.

17. I ordered a WS Flora recently and have no idea what I want to do with her,I think she has a nice face for a ghostly look but I'm not sure yet.

18. I am thinking of ordering a doll leaves 1/4 girl. Teresa and Ida are my favorite head sculpts! If anyone has either, I'd love to see how you've customized them!

19. I love their new 1/4 girl body. So cute. And I watched a review video and it looked like an amazing poser. I'm hoping to get a Yoko soon. :drool

20. I love the new body, though it definitely has a more youthful appeareance than a mature one, i think it looks really soft and pretty. Amara is my fave sculpt and I'm thinking of buying her in a few months maybe.