1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Leaves Mini [45 cm] Discussion part 3

Dec 22, 2014

1. Seems like they still have quality control issues. Even though I ordered my doll years ago, there is in bedded dirt and undesolved pigment looking particles. (They're green and some are not tiny)

When I complained the dealer said that imperfections are normal and part of the manufacturing process.

At least I read this now because I was considering getting a Yoko. I'd like to consider these dolls, but the company leaves a bad taste in my mouth. :(

Does anyone know if Ida has any issues?

2. I have an Ida in white skin and I haven't seen any imperfections in the resin. I've had no issues so far of any kind. She"s the only Doll Leaves doll I own.

3. Has anyone here tried hybriding a Doll Leaves boy head on another body? I absolutely adore my NS Wish boy, but he's such a little shorty compared to my others, and I was hoping to get him on a body that's a bit taller. His character is supposed to be taller than his partner, haha. I'm trying him on the body from Mystic Kids, which is a decent resin match, but also the neck is a bit tight.

Alternatively, I may try to put him on the new boy body. Does anyone have a comparison between the older Doll Leaves boy body and the new one? I think it's slightly taller.

I appreciate any feedback!

4. Oddly enough, my roomie and I just did this last night with her Jeremy and a 2-part MK body I had. Tight neck aside, it worked very well and she's much happier with her boy haha. We'd been thinking about getting the new DL male bodies, but based on the supposed stats they aren't much taller than the old ones. I personally might get the DollZone 47cm (B45-018) body for my own Maya and I think I've seen that mentioned as a decent hybrid for them in general? Their pink seems to be a good match for DL's NS.

5. I'm interested in a different body for my boy too, I don't want to lose the elbow and knee joint style he has though.

6. That's funny! I just happened to be playing musical heads tonight, since several of my heads are out for face ups. The MK does seem to match pretty well, I'll just have to see if that's what I want to do. I feel like DollZone bodies end up hybriding well with so many other companies, lol! I've seen them suggested for so many!

The new DL body is about a centimeter taller, so not much. It looks nice, though. I'll have to ponder this one out. I'd also like to test out the new Myou slim body too. I ordered one for one of my floaters, but unfortunately while I'll be able to test aesthetics, I won't be able to resin match, since that one's in white skin.

I can deifnitely say that my Dika Doll Kalavinka's body is way too big, though! The neck is huge!

Poor Kazhiel just wants to be tall, lol. He is my poor short Wish boy. No wonder he looks so lovely sulky.

EDIT:
      [​IMG]
      Zhi ready to take someone down.

#626 Magnus Vale, Jul 27, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    7. @Magnus Vale - Is your mystic kids that matched normal or normal pink?

8. I believe he was normal pink, although now I'm second guessing myself. I can't seem to find his receipts.

EDIT: I just found his receipt, and he's labeled as being "Fleshtone Pink". So Normal Pink it is! I'll post some pics of Wish's head on the body tomorrow, is too late now.

#628 Magnus Vale, Jul 27, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    9. Ok, thanks. I actually have a normal pink mystic kids boy but the colours seem different to me. But my lighting might be messing with the colours...

10. Just now saw how they fixed the Lan problem. I'm a little sad that I've already paid for a head from a different company now!

11. @xyuemoto It's not a perfect match, but for me it's good enough. I'm assuming that "Fleshtone Pink" is the normal pink, that's what Junkyspot had it down as. Here's a pic of Zhi's head on my Tremmel boy's body.
      [​IMG]

@aridAquarium I'm kinda glad I ordered before I heard about all the problems, but just after they fixed it. Lan has a pretty face.

Oh, right, I just realized that I'll be able to try out the new Doll Leaves boy body, since that's what I ordered my Lan head on. When they arrive eventually.

12. @Magnus Vale - The match looks really good in your photo. Either my boys resin colours are slightly off or my lighting is really bad.

13. Alternatively, Junky Spot had the resin color listed wrong. Either way, I think I might wait until Doll Zone has a sale, and get one of their bodies. As nice as the match is, the MK bodies don't pose quite as nicely (at least the ones I have). I will say this about DL, event their older bodies have nice posability, as long as they're strung well enough.

In the meantime, Kazhiel's staying in Club Short.
      [​IMG]

14. @Magnus Vale - He's so cool, nice colour scheme. Where did you get his jacket? I looked at the dollzone bodies, I might go that route too but rebodying my guy is not high on the priority list as I have a floating head queued ahead of him for a body, haha. I'm interested to see your hybrid if you ending up going that route.

15. @xyuemoto Thanks! I wanted to go with lighter colors for him for a while. I got the jacket from MiuCat on Taobao. They have some nice stuff in softer colors.

I'm currently waiting on bodies for two of my other heads, plus paying off a layaway, so same. Eventually though, it's on the list.

16. @Magnus Vale - What dollzone resin colour do you think would match the doll leaves normal?

17. You're very welcome! I've been searching out resin matches since I've been looking for bodies for a couple floaters.

Also I take back what I said about the Mystic Kid's posability, apparently I'm a spaz who just hadn't popped his arm peanut. Dollzone does have that extra posability in the leg, though.

Hopefully my Lan will be sent out soon. Need to start planning for their character. They can stay short, though.

18. @Magnus Vale - Do you have the version 2 mystic kids body? I have the version 1 body and it also has a thigh cut joint, if that's what you were referring to? I like the doll leaves type of knee joint better but the mystic kids ver 1 knees are really well done. I was looking at Lan too because of those elf ears, haha. Looking forward to see your Lan when they arrive.