1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Leaves Mini [45 cm] Discussion part 3

Dec 22, 2014

1. Oh wow, she's beautiful! I'm actually considering getting Betty myself! I love the company face-up, but it doesn't fit my style. Too ethereal and mysterious.
      Does anyone have comparison photos between the new body and Resinsoul or Minisup body?

2. Thank you! You should ~ she has such a lovely longing look. My only qualm is that one of her eyes is a little squarer than the other but it's not too noticeable once with a faceup or unless looking for it.

The default faceup is really beautiful too! I have a Lan on order and I loved her default faceup too but yeah, a little bit too audacious, haha!

3. @DrifloonCazzie She is lovely, her faceup is so pretty! I feel you about the night photos, I work all day, so I end up taking photos in the evening when I get home.

I also have a blank Lan on order, but I'm planning on making them a boy instead, so definitely going blank with that one! DL has such elegant fantasy faceups, but they can be a little hard to work with if you prefer a bit more of a casual style!

4. Thanks! Yeah, night photos really are a pain. I just need a camera to be honest, hehe!

Ooo a boy Lan! I bet he'll look awesome.

5. Ah, cameras, so expensive...why can't my phone camera be good? Haha!

I sure hope so! I have a few ideas for his faceup, so here's hoping for the best! I might end up switching his and my Wish boy's characters. Unfortunately for my sanity, when I sent out my heads, including Wish, to Canada earlier this month for face ups, they somehow got routed through Sweden, which is stressing me so. Aaaaah...well, anyway, hopefully my Lan comes in soon.

6. [​IMG]
      Hello! I just got him yesterday! I know you cant really see his detailed face bc of wig, but i notice no difference from the shop photo !

7. Oh he is lovely! Thank you for remembering! Is that the newer body or the older one? He's goin on my my wtb list. *°*

8. He's with old body which is ver 1! I hope you like him! ^^

9. Guess who's finally back from having his face done?

[​IMG]

I need to get some better pics during the day, since you can't really see his subtle freckles here, but I love how Zhion (Wish) turned out!

@sumire0728 Your boy is lovely!

10. @xyuemoto Thanks so much! I'm beyond thrilled with how he turned out! Also I had no idea how well these eyes catch the light when I put them in, that's a happy accident!
      [​IMG]

11. Is it alright to post hybrids here? I've recently given my Maya a new Myou Doll slim body because his original Doll Leaves version 1 boy body was kind of limiting, but didn't want to make waves if that sort of thing wasn't allowed in a company specific thread.

12. @Magnus Vale - Love the full outfit. The eyes are great.

@Toxigenesis - Hybrids are allowed. Either the head or the body has to match the thread. People usually go by the head though. I plan on putting my Wish head on a dream valley body I have coming soon, I hope it works out. I am interested to see your hybrid, can you post a nude photo if you have one?

13. @xyuemoto

I didn't when asked, but I do now. They're not very good quality because it's gotten very stormy outside, but there was an attempt. The Myou "normal skin" is a smidge more yellow than the Doll Leaves normal, but I don't think it's all that noticeable, especially seeing as he's typically completely covered anyway. He has a wonderful range of motion now, especially his arms. I don't have to fuss with him at all to have him touch his face or hold any manner of arm-based pose that my other MSDs typically have to be coaxed into.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

And a normal image of him for good measure.
      [​IMG]

14. @Toxigenesis - He looks cool, I really like his wig. Your hybrid looks great. Thank you for the photos. I originally was going to do a dollzone body but the dream valley body I already ordered for a different head no longer was going to that head anymore so I had a body ordered no one was using, but I did want to rebody my doll leaves boy so he ended up getting it. I'm going to add this myou body to my notes though if my dream valley hybrid doesn't work as dollzone wait times are too long right now.

15. @xyuemoto
      Oh, thank you. I'm still learning how to make them, so it's a bit of a fluffy mess, but it stays on super well--I actually had to fight with him to take if off haha.

Were you thinking about the DZ 47cm body originally? Because that was what I initially wanted, but then Junky Spot had a Myou Carr on the slim body and I wound up impulse buying him because I'm impatient as heck with wait times (this Maya took over 10 months to ship after being quoted half that and I never want to do that again). Turned out to be the right decision because he was apparently the very last one.

Which DV body are you going to be trying?

16. @Toxigenesis - Yes the 47cm body. I actually got my Wish in stock (from DDE), I didn't know doll leaves had horrible wait times, I am glad I didn't have to wait. I have the b4-04 body on the way. I don't even know if the resin will match as I didn't buy the body for him. The neck could be too big too. But as it was already ordered, I may as well try it.

17. @xyuemoto

It's rough. Mine was a preorder from DDE last September and wow was it an adventure. I think it worked out in the end, however, because had I gotten him in the quoted time, I might have been turned off the MSD size entirely based on my lack of experience and my, er... dislike of the version 1 body's aesthetic (he was intended to be my very first BJD). The secondhand Mystic Kids MSD I wound up with first definitely helped me decide that I very much enjoy this size.

I see. Yeah, the neck seems to be 5mm larger for that body, but there's still a chance! I hope it works out for you, and I'm curious to see the result.

18. @Toxigenesis - I have a mystic kids too. I have tried his head on that body's 7cm neck and it fit but no mobility. I think I would sacrifice neck mobility on the dream valley body if the resin match is good to get him off the doll leaves body. I will post photos, I should get the body in a few days.

19. @xyuemoto

Funny story, my roomie's Doll Leaves Jeremy is actually on a Mystic Kids v1 body right now and so far he's pretty decent. Neck's kinda long of course, but his hair is super super long and frames his face in such a way that it actually kind of balances out. Decent resin match, too (NS vs NP). But yeah, I can see where you're coming from--it can be a little daunting to get him to look in a particular direction haha.

I imagine you post in the MK thread too? I'll have to peek in there to see your crew.