1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Leaves Mini [45 cm] Discussion part 3

Dec 22, 2014

1. Just ordered a Teenage Dream MSD Kira on layaway from Denver Doll Emporium. It looks like the wait is 6 to 9 Months, WOW!! This will be interesting :sigh

2. I was worried when I saw this link since I just bought Louis, thinking maybe I wouldn’t like the blank head as much as I thought... but I think I like it even more! Thanks for finding this! It’s also useful for photoshopping faceup ideas onto ;)

3. Does someone have the new msd male body? I like the ahestettic far more than the old one, but I can't find any review on the poseability and stuff (while I found some for the female msd bodies).
      I would like to know if the new body can pose well, how are the joints on the hands/feet and stuff, if someone could share it would be a life saver!

4. @Rurimas I have the newer MSD male body, and I'm definitely a fan of it. The posability is very good, the double joints on this one work very well. I do sometimes have an issue with the torso popping out of the lower joint, but I think that's just because I need to restring it. Overall, I highly recommend it.

If you have any specific poses you'd like to see, let me know and I'll see if I can get some pictures for you. Right now said body is being shared by three different floating heads, so I've been playing around with him a lot, XD!

5. Thank you! Mostly I would like to see if he can move well on the torso/hips joint, how far he can bend legs and arms and how are the hands/feet, cause I saw the old body had the “ball” of the hands/feet that was a stand-alone joint, so the hands and feet could pose very well.
      I will definitely get it even if it doesn’t have that joint on the hands/feet tho, cause I care more about general posability than that!

6. @Rurimas
      Here's a little gallery of pose shennanigans, featuring my boy Aeon who's currently using the body. In all, the body is a pretty solid poser, and by using the thigh mobility joints, you can get a lot of flexibility in the legs. I might recommend running a wire through the knees to help with holding the more tight poses, but he stands like a champ even without it, and there's a lot of great flexibility. The arms are also really good at posing, can touch his face very easily. The hands and feet seem like a pretty standard ball joint to me.

7. Thank you! Now I am fully convinced, this is the body I need. He really looks like he can pose super well, far better than other bodies I saw. For the hands, I saw that the old female body has the ball of the hands/feet that's a different joint than the hands. Similar to minifees, but not with magnets.
      Pretty sad the new female body doesn't have the 3 joint torso, cause you can't slouch her as much as the boy body. But duh, maybe they will introduce a new version of that body eventually.

8. Hope it was helpful! It really is a nice body, both aesthetically and pose wise. I'm definitely planning on getting a couple of them for some of my floating heads at some point.

I never really noticed that the older body had an extra ball joint! I just checked my boy on the older body, and sure enough. It's nice, but it doesn't seem to offer that much more movement in the joint, since it's still constrained by the ankle.

9. [​IMG][​IMG]

The rest of Millie's clothes came yesterday! She's no longer sitting around half naked!

10. adorable outfit!

11. Does someone know if it’s common to get a head with flaws? I just got my hands on a seconhand Jeremy WS head that has a flaw on the left nostril (I knew he had it). I browsed on the web to get some ideas for a new faceup, and I saw that actually most Jeremy have that issue! Since I know a lot of people had problems with Lan too, she had an eye different from the other, I was wondering how common is the issue and if DS, in case you get a flawed head, does something to fix the problem.

12. @Rurimas

My roomie used to have that sculpt and I'm pretty sure that's just how his nose is? I have a Maya and his nostrils have some odd depth variation and the left side of his bottom lip is a little lower than the right side from what I can tell. So I guess it's a case of "it's not a bug, it's a feature" or something?

13. @Toxigenesis I guess they have issues with some molds then, cause I doubt they sculpted the dolls like that (in the promo pics they all look fine)

14. @Rurimas
      I suppose? In the Jeremy's case, I can see the nose divet in the full front promo images, like this one.

[​IMG]

With the Maya, though, it's a little trickier because they disguise the mouth by having the doll's head tilted to the left in every image, just enough to hide how he's uneven. Faceups can help to cover things, too. The Lan's eye issue was the most egregious of what I'm aware of, though, and so they had to fix that.

15. It’s true! So it’s really an issue with the molds, or the sculpt was like this from the start.
      Well, mistery solved I guess!

16. I think they're hand sculpted so the wonkiness probably really is just how they were sculpted.
      Resinsoul has similar wierd wonk and asymmetry. The worst of theirs I know of is Song who's entire mouth is shunted to one side so the filtrum and nose don't line up with the center of the lip as they should. It's wierd.
      Yao has one smaller eye.

I suppose it's another way in which they keep costs down, by not nitpicking and spending hours refining tiny details.
      The annoying thing is that in some cases the error would be so dang easy to fix. Like Jeremy you'd just have to sand the other side to match.

17. Yeah, his nose is honestly not THAT wonky, he’s still cute, but it was really an easy thing to fix if they wanted. Either they noticed it too late, or they just have to cut down costs on sculpting so the artist can’t fix a sculpt for too much time (since it was not the only case that happened).
      Well, I hope after Lan issue they will take care more about this stuff, cause for the rest I find their sculpts pretty nicely done (I didn’t even like Jeremy much from the promo pics honestly, but now that I got him I actually like him more than I expected. And I like white skin too, it’s a nice creamy color, I will consider a WS doll in the future).

18. I though their white was more paper white, is that not the case?

I have a secondhand Yoko here who's honestly so pale I initially thought might be white skin as she's not that much pinker than my white doll chateau but I think their normal skin just IS super pale.

[​IMG]

I think she came out gorgeous, I didn't expect her to look so grown up once she had a faceup lol. One of those sculpts that surprises you once you start painting it.

19. How do you guys find the aesthetics of the boy hands from the newer boy body? It is honestly the only thing I don't like about my Doll Leaves girl, didn't know that the look of doll hands would be so off-putting for me..

Btw, if somebody has an Angelou or a Fei head, I would love to see it! I'm thinking of saving up for an Angelou or a Berg boy, perhaps a younger boy with the Fei head, but I'm quite indecisive because gosh darn so many cute sculpts:aeyepop:

20. Has anyone gotten the old boy body to keep its thigh joints bent? The curved cut shortens the ledge for the bent thigh to rest on, I think, unlike the straight cut of the old girl body's thigh joints.

@purple_monkfish I have a NS and WS doll, both over 5 years old now, I think? The NS yellowed to a light khaki (lost most/all of its red pigment) from a red-tinged khaki, and the WS yellowed to a true ivory (yellow cream) from a soft white. Could it be WS after all? I don't have any other companies' skintones to compare to, though.