1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Leaves Mini [45 cm] Discussion part 3

Dec 22, 2014

1. I was confused too. I think I really read that a dealer wrote she is limited, but it probably was an error of translation from chinese cause everyone else wrote the limited thing is the discount

2. @purple_monkfish Thanks for the warning! Luckily it worked out beautifully this time :D It's very close to what I wanted!

[​IMG]

Now if only I could figure out how to actually cut a wig...

3. Omg I feel this. I need to thin out a handmade yarn wig, but even still I'm nervous about cutting it. There's a tutorial here about cutting shorter wigs. I know it says fur/mohair, but I think the idea is the same.

4. Runeleaf reading.

[​IMG]

5. Made my last payment to Denver Doll for Kira. I dont expect to see him for another month but Ida say's she's patient, with a little wink. This will be her new boyfriend.

6. Hi, I just made first payment for a layaway for Pearl :O In white skin, no face-up, new body version. I couldn't resist her she's so enchanting! ;-; (just hope I made the right choice for body.... I've seen comparisons so I know the pros and cons but still). She might turn into a character of mine named Siallu, or rather, a younger version of her since currently she should look older than Pearl with a different body type (argh I need bigger boobs), but yeah. Still undecided but I already bought her eyes anyway lol. I painted a mock face-up in SAI. I prefer normal skin but the character is supposed to be almost paper white.
      I'll probably only receive her a year from now?... and I hope to see some other owner photos of her before that :v
      Ah I plan to have a Teresa and a Lan some day too ;-; I love current DL style and I have this thing for elves lol...

7. Hello! I just wanted to say I think your doll is beautiful - her red hair is so striking against her teal outfit. I love the whole colour scheme in this photo! So pretty! Did you make her outfit?

~Apocatiel

8. Hello!! I am curious if anyone has any experiences, information, or better yet, photos of the Doll Leaves "Betty" head with the elaborate face-up - the one with the lacy white flower tattoo.

I've searched everywhere - DoA, Flickr, the web in general - for any information/photos of this doll, with this face-up from owners of the doll (as opposed to the promotional photos, which are of course, stunning!)

I'd love to see her with different wigs/clothes, etc. The Betty doll head alone (no body) with this particular face-up is around $150 - so that is quite the gamble to just use my doll money to go ahead and buy her.

I'd been planning on buying a blank-faced doll because I want to learn to do face-ups, but finding Betty with this face-up has altered that plan! She is such a work of art. I've even been getting ahead of myself and have been daydreaming about what kinds of dresses might go with that face - and I'm not even at all confident about buying this doll yet!

So if anyone could post reviews or point me in the right direction, I would be really grateful! Thank you in advance!

~Apocatiel

9. Thanks, I'm glad you like him. No, I bought the outfit from Luts but I dont remember the actual manufacturer.

10. Just as a heads up,

it looks like Doll Leaves is taking a ~9 month wait time currently. I bought a Doll Leaves Louis & Ben head when they released in late April/early May, and DDE believes it’ll probably a 3-4 month wait before I get them. Some people have gotten them already, so maybe we’ll get lucky - not sure! Though I'm not sure if either will stay... we will see. ^^;

I don't have a Betty myself, but this instagram user seems to have her with the face tattoo! Login • Instagram

11. Ordered end of July, orders dispatched early december so that's 5 months? So looks like they've hopefully started to get back to their normal wait times.

Which is a relief.

12. I think I ordered in early august and my doll is shipped! So it's actually a little less than a 5 months wait for me. I ordered with Newcloversinging, and I must say her wait times for dolls for now were always faster than I expected. Which is nice.
      Can't wait to get my Louis!

13. My Ben and Augus are out for delivery now! Dang Yodel is quick!

14. [​IMG] Here's Ben so far!

He has a really interesting face, it reminds me a lot of doll chateau and similar.
      Much like the other doll leaves heads he has a wonky nose (both the nostrils are uneven like Jeremy's AND the actual nose tip skews to one side just like my nose hahaha) and he also has a divot only in one side of the lip which is... a bit wierd.

[​IMG]

Here's all three new boys. Jeremy arrived on his own while Augus and Ben turned up today. Not sure why as all three were ordered at the same time, go figure.

Clover Singing forgot the wig I ordered so i'll email about that but otherwise i'm delighted.

15. @purple_monkfish - How do you find the ver02 boy body compared to the ver01? Is the engineering better?

16. The version 1 body is slightly better at posing but it's only slight. He holds his arms and knees stronger because the peanut is longer and chunkier. He also has more mobility in his wrists because they sit more proud of the lower arm.
      however, the type 2 body has actual notches in the waist and chest joints allowing slouching which the type 1 body doesn't have (it has ONE notch in the chest and none in the waist?) and the type 2 body has more normally shaped mobility joints in the thigh. I can't quite work out how the hell the strange shaped wavy ones are meant to work with the type one body.

Overall, i'd say each body has their own pros and cons and end up fairly comparable. However, I did find that the bigger heads look a little bobbleheaded on the type 1 body and Augus looks really pinheaded on the taller body so I swapped him and Jeremy around. I think the proportions are a bit better. Augus has quite a small head compared to Jeremy and Ben (Ben has a big ol' noggin)

I do like how dinky and short the type 1 body is though, it's adorable and satisfyingly chonky.
      I was actually surprised that NONE of the parts are the same with the two bodies, they have totally different feet and hands even which surprised me.

[​IMG]

I love the body variety.

17. @purple_monkfish - Thanks so much for such a detailed review and the comparison photo.

18. @purple_monkfish Ohh nice you got them all! I’m happy for you, hope the missing wigs will arrive soon.
      And thanks for the body comparison. I admit I like the chonkiness of type 1, but type 2 is more detailed and looks more refined (and proportion wise works better for an elf, taller and lanky).
      Can’t wait for mine, super excited!

19. [​IMG]

I got Jeremy done tonight. I'm in love with him.

I've wanted this sculpt for a while now and every time I see other people's I go "ooo cute!" but there's something special about finishing up a faceup, stepping back and going "there he is!" as the doll just comes to "life" (so to speak)
      It's incredible and exciting to me how much a faceup changes a doll's expression.

His wig isn't here yet, he'll eventually get a pale pink wig but he's otherwise pretty much finished and i'm very pleased.

I've really enjoyed painting my doll leaves boys, i'm always nervous working on pale resin but they've been very cooperative and it's been a while since I worked on resin, it's always nice to sit down and work on a faceup, I really enjoy painting resin far more than literally any other sort of doll (which I tend to find really stressful instead)

Now I have Augus left to do but his faceup is rather complicated (He's a clown boy) so i'm gonna have to work up my courage to tackle that.

20. @purple_monkfish Oh, he came out lovely! I do like the Jeremy sculpt, although I tend to hold out for elf ears. Love his outfit too!
      Also, I think I said this before in another thread, your Ben also came out lovely. I think I may get him in the future too! He has a lovely profile.

EDIT: Holy cow, my Louis is arriving tomorrow.