1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Leaves Mini [45 cm] Discussion part 3

Dec 22, 2014

1. awww thank you!

Ben has a facinating face. I wasn't totally sure if i'd like him in the flesh/resin but I took the gamble figuring if it didn't work then I could use the body for one of my floating heads anyway.
      His chin isn't nearly as pronouced from profile as the images DS took suggest though, which is a relief as that's the feature I was most worried about.

But he's SO different to their other sculpts, it's like.. a whole different style and it's facinating. Different artist?

YAY Louis arriving! Yodel right? they're ridiculously quick. Jeremy got here in FOUR days and the other two took Six but only because there was a weekend.
      That is just incredible. I'm used to EMS taking like 10 days to the UK which I always thought was pretty speedy but 4 days from Yodel is just like.. whaaa?

I can see more DS dolls in my future. I really like Lan and Pearl but I really wish they'd offer their grey for ALL their sculpts so I could get some variation nghh.

2. Yeah, I know what you mean! I held off on ordering him because I wanted to see some pics from owners before I decided. After seeing yours, though, I definitely think I could go for him! Even the little imperfections make him an interesting boy, I think that's part of the reason I like Doll Leaves so much. After all, real people's faces aren't perfectly symmetrical either!

Ben really does have nice lips, and such a lovely grumpy expression. And those ears! He might just be from a different artist, would be interesting to know!

I think my Louis came from YANWEN? Either way, he's now with FedEx in my state, and arriving tomorrow at some point! I was getting a wee bit nervous since I'm leaving for a week and a half to visit my parents for the holidays on Friday, but looks like everything worked out okay! I'm a little concerned about another parcel I have coming from Hong Kong that contains doll clothes, but hopefully that'll get delayed until I get back.

Now I get to plan out my little toothy boy's face. I might actually do him at my parent's house, which means I will have a fascinated audience. My parents don't really get my thing for dolls, but they are happy it makes me happy and love when I do artistic stuff like painting their faces.

3. Okay, so I may have been a bit overeager and immediately face-upped my new arrival when he got here! Couldn't help it, I was just so excited! Louis turns out to be even cuter in person, the little ears are so adorable, and his expression is so sweet!

[​IMG]

4. [​IMG]
      She's been holding onto this mini pumpkin since the Halloween season, but I figured it was about time to get rid of it. Not without taking a picture first, though.

5. [​IMG]

My Clown boy is faceupped but he doesn't have proper eyes yet and stole some of another doll's just for this pic.
      he looks extremely creepy with the default yellow ones he came with but less so with these green ones.

This is Felix, he's a ds Augus.

6. @purple_monkfish For the v1 boy body's mobility thigh joints, I think that the inside "peanut" is too short, and the notch too shallow. I've seen other bodies that pose well with the wavy mobility joint, at least. Thanks for the comparison photo!

7. Hi! I had the same question - I found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkdQHBiI6hE

I hope that helps! I so wish that Doll Leaves sold pairs of hands separately!

I'd love the poseability of the v1 3-part body - but those hands - they are just... awful. It seems like such a little thing, but they really bug me. . The v2 2-part body hands are so much more graceful, and it looks like more thought was put into their sculpting. It's close to a dealbreaker for me. Unlike the waist-joint, the hands won't be covered up beneath clothing.

I'm also curious if any other company has hands that are sold separately and would work with and have a close resin-colour match to the Doll Leaves normal skin or white resin colours.

I see Doll Leaves has jointed hands but they are just so... skeletal.

I'm also curious if there are bodies from other companies that would work with Doll Leaves heads - in terms of proportion, colour, attachment mechanism, etc.?

8. I use a pair of Dikadoll female hands on mine. I have posted pictures of this several times before, including earlier in this thread, if you want to check it out. Both are in white.
      See post #490 and #647

9. Resinsoul normal is practically a perfect match, I have their jointed hands on both my boy and girl Doll Leaves bodies

10. @absentdoll Aw, she's adorable! Love her little braids!
      @purple_monkfish He's looking good already!
      @sugarstitch That's really helpful actually! I've been eyeing some of Resinsoul's hands, maybe I'll grab a pair for some of my boys!

Speaking of whom...here's Micaiah enjoying the gift that keeps on giving.
      [​IMG]

11. Hello! Joining this thread with my Doll Leaves Betty (also my first BJD). I made her yarn wig and put a temporary outfit on her because I’m going to try to make clothes for her later.

Edit: Photo didn’t display.
      [​IMG]

#871 ViperOrchid, Dec 27, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    12. I got Louis today! Super happy, for the money I spent I can say it’s a very nice doll. His head is very detailed, and the body looks like it can pose nicely. Now I must decide what to do with him, he can’t stay naked forever! He needs clothes.
      I even got green eyes which were the ones I wanted (but I think I may use smaller iris for him, tomorrow I’m gonna try a pair I have on a floating head and see which looks best).
      Here a horrible blurry pic with his wig.

[​IMG]Louis by Ruri Mad, su Flickr

13. Wigs came in and i'm honestly thinking more and more that Ben needs a bigger body. The type 2 ds body still makes him look a bit bobbleheaded. It's wierd because his head is still 6-7inches but it's egg shaped and for whatever reason it results in a larger face/head than the other boys.
      I think he'd look awesome on a lanky 50cm body but DS have such a pale resin colour i'm not sure what would match. I mean something like doll chateau or dream valley would be the right proportions I think, but I don't think any of their resins would match.
      hmmmmm

maybe he'll look less bobble headed with clothes. those are en route.

btw, I have some resinsouls here if anyone wants to see if they can be swapped.

14. @purple_monkfish - Here I have my doll leaves normal head on a dream valley normal pink body and next to him is dream valley normal yellow. You may have to sand the neck down depending on the size of the neck hole on the head and/or your personal preference.

[​IMG]

15. @purple_monkfish - Here is a photo without the neck covered to better see the match.

[​IMG]

16. @purple_monkfish you're right DS normal is super pale! It actually looks more like a creamy white than a normal. But I think you could match it easily on a darker body with some color matching on his faceup, it shouldn't be too much of an issue since the head is lighter colored.
      As for head size, actually Louis head is... Small! Which is perfect cause it doesn't look bobble headed, but weird for my wigs cause now they're too big for him (while they fit my Jeremy head well).

17. oo that's not bad. i feel like the lankiness might suit Ben, but i'll see how I feel once his clothes arrive.
      I'm still adjusting to the new wigs, you know how it's all a bit wierd when a doll gets a new wig after sitting bald or in a temp one for ages and you have to like.. readjust to seeing them in their proper state? lol.

18. @xyuemoto I love Wishes as a redheads ^^

Recently I painted my Wish, also with red hair, but I wanted mine as a girl

[​IMG]

19. [​IMG]

(I don't know how to make this pic smaller)

Ben's wig and clothing came. He definitely needs a few more bits and pieces but i'm fairly pleased with him thus far. The wig suits him.

20. I love him! The wig suits him perfectly I think