1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Leaves Product Review

Jan 15, 2013

1. * What did you order?
      Doll Leaves Amara

* When did you order?
      March 10, 2016

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?

No. The wig was thin, badly fit and the hair fell off at the slightest brush.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?

Yes, the faceup was beautiful. The Teenage Dream girl body is extremely different in real life, promo photos are misleading.

* Were you satisfied with the product?

No. I was also VERY unhappy with their extreme lack of communication - they ignored my messages 9 times out of ten.

* Would you buy more from this company?

Not until they fix their communications quality.

2. * What did you order?
      Doll Leaves Nina with wig and face-up

* When did you order?
      September 6th, 2016

Yes. She's strung perfectly, and able to hold most of the poses straight out of the box. The wig and face-up are also beautifully done, and the resin is a beautiful color and so smooth

She looked almost exactly like her sales picture, but better. The only thing off were her eyes, but I knew that would be the case, and her wig, which is slightly darker than the images show
      The images did not showcase her visible teeth or the profile of her nose though, which I find to be her most beautiful facial features.

Yes. She's gorgeously made, her face-up is subtle but beautiful, and you can tell how much work was put into her to make sure that she was high quality. Going through Denver Doll, I'm also super happy with her packaging. She got here so safely, without a single mark on her or her box

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      + Great quality for the price
      + No visible seam lines
      + comes perfectly strung
      + can hold almost any pose
      + gorgeous facial profile
      + detailing in her mouth
      + defined nails on her hands and feet

- Eyelashes were glued in to where they cover her eyes a bit
      - While the nails on her hands and feet are defined, the rest of the limb does not have very much detail in the sculpt

yes, definitely

#22 Onyx-Witch, Nov 29, 2016
      Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    3. * What did you order?
      blank Hedy

* When did you order?
      9/8/2016 she arrived about 12-13 weeks later (she was a denver doll preorder)

yes! she has a beautiful body and adorable head for a great price!

exactly!

vey!

+just beautiful!
      +great price
      +one of the best dolls I own
      +stands very well

-the peanut joint in her arms seems wrong it is flat and causes some werid posing but really that is just me nitpicking her double joint is very nice overall!

most definitely!

4. What did you order?
      Doll-Leaves Maya (boy) with company faceup in normal skin from Denver Doll Emporium.

When did you order?
      I switched my order to a Maya on 12/02/2016 because of issues that the original order had.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      The quality is great for the price! The faceup is beautiful, there are no visible seam lines, and it's strung perfectly.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      It looks even better than the pictures they have on their website.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes!

Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      Positives: The double jointing has a piece that mimics an elbow and knee cap instead of just the thigh and shin connecting. This makes the joints look less awkward when bending these joints. The doll's finish is excellent with no visible seam lines. When I hear about expensive dolls having very obvious seam lines, I'm even more impressed when cheaper dolls don't have any. I also love the detailing of the nails. If I wanted to, I could easily paint on polish without having to guess at the nail shape.

Negatives: The part where the head cap closes is not completely smooth. What I mean is that the edges are curved instead of sharp so that when the head is on, there is a slight dip in. I guess this makes it easier to take off the head cap, but I think it was unnecessary. Another negative is that the eyelashes are glued in a way that they point down and cover the eyes. I don't know if this is how other dolls have their lashes since this is my only doll with them.

Would you buy more from this company?
      Yes! Doll-Leaves offers beautiful dolls for a very good price!

5. * What did you order?
      Doll Leaves Yoko in normal skin without a faceup though ACBJD and an Ida head as part of their Spring event

* When did you order?

February 20th 2017, arrived May 16th 2017

Most definitely. She is such a gorgeous doll, and everything about her feels like such high quality.

I purchased the new Teenage Dream body and it actually looks much nicer in person than it did online!

Absolutely.

Her joints are so ridiculously easy to use, the joints don't catch at all and you don't have to pull them out of place to get them to bend. Her resin is smooth and heavy (and matte, which I like) and there are absolutely no seam lines to be found on her AT ALL. Her feet and hands are very pretty and overall she feels like a very high quality doll, without my having to spend a fortune on her.

The only negative I have in regard to her is the extra joint at the top of the thigh; it seems a little pointless to me. Because the joint is curved and not straight around, attempting to twist the joint doesn't do much, as the leg wants to slide back into place. I'm not sure if I have her strung too tight or not tight enough maybe (I'm still a newbie, I have NO IDEA what I'm doing yet), but it just seems totally pointless to have an extra joint that does nothing.

Definitely! Although there aren't a lot of other sculpts I want right now, I'll be keeping an eye on what they release in future without a doubt.

6. * What did you order?
      - Teenage Dream Pepper

* When did you order?
      - 8/2/17

- Yes for the doll, NO for the wig

- The face-up is similar to the picture. The wig is the same-ish color, but nothing like the picture and very poor quality

- Initially I wasn't, but after new eyes, wig, and some clothes I am very happy and she is one of my favorite dolls.

- Positives: She is very pretty, stands well, has a wonderful pear body type, and MSD and slim MSD clothes sit well on her.
      - Negatives: Her hands are a little weird looking, and the wig is terrible.

- Yes

7. * What did you order? Doll Leaves Vivian in sun tanned resin from Jeeryama

* When did you order?
      About may

Some of the joint seams are a bit wide but I they still look very nice. However, I think the hands and feet are not very elegant

Yes I was worried about the resin not being dark enough but it was a beautiful shade

Yes I knew what I was getting for the price. I think it's a good first doll

Of course since it's tinted resin you can really tell where the seams were sanded down but that's to be expected from what I understand. Also it comes way too tightly strung and the knot was too tight to undo even with wire pliers.

If there's another msd sculpt I like I might

8. Finally found a review of this body -.- Searched so hard but no one seems to have bought it. I will be buying it because of this postC:

9. * What did you order?
      Doll Leaves 60 cm boy body in white skin.

* When did you order?
      May 2017.

Much better than expected, actually! The resin is super smooth with no seams and I love the detail of the body!

Even better in real life :D

Mostly, yes. There are a few problems with it (the body is strung so tightly I can't even lift the S-hook enough to put my doll's head on it and he doesn't seem to be able to stand no matter what), but other than that, I'm very satisfied *___* seriously, the biggest bummer at the moment is the stringing, as I have no idea how to restring him and I really don't know what to do. But I guess that to some more experienced collector that wouldn't be much of an issue.

Positives:
      • Sits amazingly. After all the trouble I had with my Souldoll Vito to get him to sit (he still won't ò__ò), having a doll that *finally* can sit without falling is awesome :D
      • Holds poses really well, seems to be able to slouch quite nicely, can touch the back of his neck and his arms won't snap back, can do plenty of in-between poses with both his arms and legs... love it! *___*
      • Very smooth resin, no seams as far as I could see.
      • The hands are much prettier in real life than I thought they'd be. I actually purchased a pair of different hands to go with him because I was sure I wasn't going to like his hands, but it turned out that it wasn't really the case.
      • The resin is a perfect match with Dollzone's new white (and old white too, for that matter), which was exactly what I needed for my hybrid <3

Negatives:
      • He appears to have a way too small neck hole that made it difficult for the strings to get through. When I received him, I couldn't lift the strings enough to get the head on it. I thought it was a stringing issue, but once I took him apart to fix the stringing, I realised that, since the neck hole was too small, the strings were stuck inside the body and could barely get out. Even now that I fixed him by pulling the strings slightly more out of the neck hole, I'm a little wary of removing the head I got for him, because I'm afraid the strings could get stuck inside again D:
      • His legs and feet like to twist around in the weirdest ways. The additional piece between his legs and butt (?) makes it even harder to get his legs in the right position. Sometimes his leg will turn backwards and it will take quite some time to put it back in the right position. This is especially annoying when you have clothes on him, as you have even less control over the joints .___.
      • The upper part of his body is extremely heavy, especially for his skinny legs and tiny feet, but with some fiddling I could eventually get him to stand. He's actually pretty good at standing, but it took me nearly a month of playing to figure out how to do it .___.
      • The feet aren't as detailed/realistic as the hands. However, that's not necessarily a huge negative thing for me, as I'm planning to have him wear shoes most of the time anyway.
      • I don't really like that two of his fingers are sculpted as if "fused together" (no space between them)... but that's just not a huge issue.

I don't have any plans to buy more products from them right now, but they seem to have some really nice sculpts and so far I'm pleased with the body I got, despite the standing/stringing issues, sooo... maybe in the future? :)

#29 Astraea Nevermore, Jan 13, 2018
      Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    10. * What did you order?
      Yoko on the Dream Body in NS.

* When did you order?
      November 2018, in stock from DDE.

This doll was a surprising quality for the price. I did not expect the doll to be this nice.

Not exactly. The bust is very different from the promo pictures- larger.

I am very satisfied with the quality and the posing ability. Not about the bust.

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product
      + the body is very attractive even in poses
      + the resin feels very nice and a good weight for the size
      + her face is beautifully pouty.

- the bust is not as expected
      - despite the extra joint in the upper leg, she cannot bend her knees to chest.

Yes. Probably blank and from a dealer. But I would buy one of their products again.

[​IMG]

11. What did you order?
      I ordered the Teenage Dream Male Body (1st version).
      When did you order?
      I ordered May 31, 2019, in-stock through DenverDoll.
      I would say the quality was pretty good for the price. There were no seam lines, and the body has great posability.
      The item looked the same as the sales pictures.
      I am overall quite satisfied with the product, however I did have an issue with it.
      Positives -
      The body isn't overly muscular, which I really like.
      The range of motion is great, and he stands like a rock.
      Very inexpensive for an MSD.
      Negatives -
      The body came strung too tightly.
      The biggest problem I have with this body is that the resin right around the wrists is absurdly thin. While I was testing the range of motion on the hands, the s-hook for his wrist took out some of the resin without any resistance from the resin whatsoever. The resin around the wrists is paper-thin, and far, far too easy to chip in some areas. However, the chips were small, and are hardly noticeable. Just be aware that the resin around the wrist is very thin.
      I would possibly buy more from this company if they released a sculpt I liked, or if I had another head I wanted to hybrid.

12. * What did you order?

60cm blank Evan SD Full doll in White skin with human and elf ears
      * When did you order?
      I ordered from Mint on Card on July 20th, 2012
      He was my first Doll Leaves order which I bought because of the lower price an was very impressed by the quality.
      Yes, his huge elf ears an pouty face is what made me want him
      Yes very satisfied, impressed with the switchable ears
      Positive:
      - The interesting way his hands are sculpted
      - The ability to swap human and elf ears by magnets
      - He poses quite nicely
      Negative:
      - After a day or so noticed something strange about his eyes. One wasn't fully sculpted open so it looked like he was winking which wasn't right. So contacted MoC and was issued a new head while allowing to keep the defective head. Turning the negative into a positive.

* What did you order?
      Another Me Suntan Kira MSD Full Doll
      * When did you order?
      I ordered from DenverDoll Monday April 22nd, 2013
      He was a limited skin color so I suppose yes.
      The face-up wasn't exactly the same but for the most part yes.
      Yes
      Positive:
      - Cute little elf ears
      - Unique skin tone
      Negative:
      - Odd elbow joints
      - Oddly sculpted hands
      - Sadly shows the sanded seem-lines due to the resin color
      - Took forever to arrive - DDE's explanation being they were shipped the wrong doll....

* What did you order?
      70cm Asa SD Full doll in Gray Skin
      * When did you order?
      I ordered from Mint on Card on December 26th, 2014
      For a 70cm doll in gray resin with free face-up during an event, yes I was pleased!
      I believe so, though only his face was really visible because of the lack of unclothed photos.
      Yes he was a great addition to my crew!
      Positive:
      - Body is sturdy and poses nicely
      - Lovely smooth resin
      Negative:
      - He's not actually 70cm lol a few inches shorter but that's okay
      Most definitely if they made another sculpt I couldn't resist.

13. * What did you order?
      Blank Doll Leaves Yoko in normal skin from DDE stock.

* When did you order?
      December 20th, 2019.

Price is more than fair! My doll is beautiful and flawless, smooth, matte, and strung perfectly. I can't believe how pretty and delicate she looks!

No, the sales pictures showed a full set doll while I ordered a blank one. I was pleasantly surprised by her, though. Resin colour is also nicer in real life.

Yes, extremely satisfied!

+ Amazing quality for the price.
      + No visible seam lines, smooth, matte, no sanding marks.
      + Perfectly strung!
      + Holds poses beautifully.
      + Lovely resin colour.
      + Beautiful face sculpt.
      + Packaged well.

- Her wrists are a bit limited in movement.

Definitely!

14. * What did you order?
      nude Lan in ns with Girl Body Ver.II, nude msd Pearl in ns with Girl Body Ver.II

* When did you order?

January 16th 2021

For Doll Leaves pricepoint the quality of the dolls are absolutly appropriate

yes

yes

Pro:
      - the Body is beautiful and poses really well
      - the dolls stand right out of the box without any sueding, wiring or restringing
      - No resin smell at all
      - the price. I ordered during an event and got both dolls for together 240$
      - the resin feels really smooth and high quailty

Con:
      - the little plaque with their Logo on the back of the head they added is just a plastic sticker, that fell right off one of the dolls. But it's nothing major
      - the heads are smaller than the older Doll Leaves msds so the space on the inside, to handle the S-hook and put in eyes, is way smaller than with the older versions
      - the Lan sculpt still has the different sized eyes. It looks really asymmetrical

yes

15. What did you order?
      Hedy, normal skin, blank

When did you order?
      May 1st. Received today (it was in stock in the US, so don't get your hopes up on a fast custom delivery)

Absolutely - an MSD with a head for less than $200?

Yes (if looking at the blank body and head, not the full set).

I am - it's my first doll (two more on the way, in 5-9 months), and I love her already. She was an impulse/practice doll, and I'm happy she's home.

With the above caveat (she's my first doll), I don't have a lot to compare her to, but let's try.

Positives:
      Great sculpting
      No seam lines
      Seems well sanded
      Adorable
      Shipped in a safe protected way

Negatives:
      Doesn't pose well - snaps back into default easily (will fix)
      Doesn't stand without some manipulating
      (expected)
      Open mouth (just not a personal preference - the photos didn't emphasize that)[​IMG]

Maybe - she's my first, and I have a XAGA and Spirit Doll on the way, so we will see when I can compare. The price point really can't be beat, and I'm happy with her. Once I've practiced with her and can compare her to the others, I'll have more info. If I see a great head sculpt, absolutely.

16. * What did you order?
      Lan, Normal Skin, Blank, Dream Body
      * When did you order?
      Mid January, through DDE
      More than so! The reason I chose Doll Leaves was because i wanted a doll that was natural and lifelike looking, but not too expensive as this was my first doll and I knew I’d make mistakes with them. Not that I have much to compare to, but for under 200 dollars the articulation and sculpting are super detailed and well crafted.
      Yes
      Yes! I’ve been delighted with them so far.
      Positives: Incredibly high quality sculpting for an under 200 doll, has no seam lines, comes in a very well padded box, came well-strung
      Negatives: Posing the arms can be tough, especially the shoulders. Hot glue sueding fixed the issue easily, though. The legs also have a limited range of motion around the hips due to the way the pelvis is sculpted, so you can’t really get a full abduction on the legs. Also Lan has the one slightly funky eye everyone mentions, it is t notable just by looking but when you do the face-up it makes it ever so slightly harder to get the two eyes to match.
      Yes, I plan to!

17. * What did you order? Doll Leaves Louis head on 1/4 Girl Version 1 body
      * When did you order? June 12, 2022
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Purchased used on DOA Marketplace from user @Bexalex for $130 USD, but I think that even new, the dolls are an excellent value for the money.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Gorgeous.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product:
      Positives: I was astonished at the quality of the body. I think that the jointing and posing for a $159 USD body is excellent, and I am kicking myself for not buying one sooner.
      Negative: Only one - I am not a fan of how the breasts are sculpted. I think they're, well, weird. But a little Apoxie Sculpt could fix that easily.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Yes. I want a dream body now - even though those boobs look weird to me, too. And Denver Doll has several in stock...

18. * What did you order?
      Doll Leaves Oscar with the dream boy body
      * When did you order?
      I ordered in stock for DDE in late August, he arrived in about a week

Absolutely!

Yes, it was hard to look past the outfit/wig/yellow eyes look the sales pic gave him but the FaceUp and sculpt was dead on

More than, he is beautiful!

His company faceup is gorgeous, especially considering the price and I feel the quality is very high. The only downside, imo, is that he doesnt stand or sit erect very well

Definitely!

Ciel on Instagram
      [​IMG]

Ciel on Instagram: "Daydreaming on a windy day #bjdinstagram #dollleaves #bjdphotography #bjd"
      [​IMG]