1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Legend Discontinuing ALL THEIR DOLLS!!!?

Sep 27, 2021

1. BJDivas does not have a notice either and they are also a dealer. :( I asked BJDivas on their facebook page, but they deleted my post. :horror:

2. Given that the notice about the discontinuation was only put on Alice's Collections last night (Sun eve for me), i'd give them a day or two as most dealers don't tend to work on their websites on Sundays so it's likely that other dealers haven't had time to update their website yet (or may not have been informed yet).

3. Fairyland abruptly pulling a bunch of their sculpts has made us all jumpy but it's possible this is a miscommunication.

Hear me out: Alice's Collection's customer service does not always have the fluency of a native English speaker and sometimes things get lost in translation. Also it's not a viable business model for a company to only make jointed hands. Even when Fairyland stopped production on those specific sculpts they kept making other dolls.

It's odd that this is going down in like -four days- and there are no other dealers notices. Nothing on Instagram under the #dolllegend tag within the last month, nothing on BJD Collectasy within the last year, nothing on the dealer websites for Legend Doll and Dolk Station either. If other dealers/sites including BJDCollectasy don't have any notices, that makes it being a miscommunication more likely.

I'm not saying it's impossible, we fear surprise company shutdowns because they have happened. This particular instance doesn't look like that -right now- from the available information. For anyone who's still reading, Please don't let this scare you into buying a Doll Legend doll right this second that may not be in your budget. I like this hobby and I would be saddened to see someone's enjoyment of it ruined because of a panic-buy that messes up their finances.

Waiting a day or so to get more information sounds like a good idea. Thank you @Epicari

4. I really hope this is the case. As someone mentioned above, it may just be Alice's Collections not wanting to carry their dolls anymore. I guess we will know for sure on Oct. 1st. :pout:

Either way, now I am rushing to add them to the DFF database XD

5. Ditto with the hope that it isn't going out of business! There are two 1/4 size sculpts with features would work really well for an idea I've been kicking around and I'd really like to get one of them... later.

The FF database is a really neat tool. Thank you for working on it and making it available!

6. Yeah, it seems like ACBJD is most likely not dealing for them anymore, or taking some sort of break with dealing them in my opinion!

7. Oh no. I only have one head from them. I may consider buying others. Their jointed hands are awesome though. :sorry

8. All the dolls on AC have indeed been pulled, with the exception of jointed hands.
      Still no news on other websites, though, maybe AC decided to not carrying their dolls anymore.

9. Legend Doll removed them from their website too just the name of the company remains

10. I am waiting on 3 pairs of jointed hands from them through AC's, and a pair with an order from BJDivas. I really hope they are not going under, and I now hope I get my all my hands sooner then later. :/

11. Looks like their Weibo updated on 9/29 :( Welp, shoulda bought those 1/6 hands when I could, but c’est la vie I suppose.

12. Damn, they sure waited until the absolute last second to update people D:

13. If someone has a weibo account, can you post the message here? It won't let me read it all because I need an account or something.

14. The google translate version:
      DLD- humanoid legend stopping positions notice
      our attention DLD humanoid legendary friends
      approaching National Day, I wish you all a happy National Day in advance
      due to the adjustment of the company's development
      and upgrade production lines
      DLD humanoid legendary immediate effect
      except [hands] joints maintain normal sales, but
      all the rest in the sale All products are closed.
      Today’s precipitation is for a better meeting in the future.
      Thank you for your continued support.
      [picture i won’t hotlink that says goodbye]
      and the original chinese post:
      DLD-人形传说 停仓公告
      各位关注DLD人形传说的朋友们
      临近国庆,提前预祝大家国庆快乐
      由于公司发展调整
      以及生产线升级
      DLD人形传说即日起
      除【关节手】保持正常销售外,
      其余所有在售产品全部关仓。
      今日的沉淀是为了日后更好的相见
      感谢大家一直以来的支持。
      they really did wait last minute, especially since it was posted on 9/29 at 21:09 (10:09pm local to them if my military time is right, which.. it isn’t usually lol) :/

it does translate it as “for a better meeting in the future”, so i’d hope that means they’ll come back at some future date.

I can’t check taobao since the page just refuses to load for me, and i’m mobile atm so posting a photo is awkward. if anyone else can give a more accurate chinese translation that’d be great! but it is super unfortunate :(

edit: also it’s weird it wanted a weibo account from you, I don’t have one and it showed just fine! i’m accessing from the US though so maybe that’s why?

15. I am also accessing from the US, but I couldn't read the whole message. I tried to click on expand and it was trying to force me to login.

Anyway, I checked their Taobao and it didn't have any messages. Everything is listed for sale like normal and the whole catalog is for sale there. Maybe they forgot about their Taobao, or haven't gotten to take everything down yet. I am wondering if they didn't announce it because they didn't want a rush of sales and wanted to just end the dolls immediately.

On another note, it does seem like they will be back with new dolls? Since they are "upgrading their production line" and its for “for a better meeting in the future”?

16. Weibo always asks me to log in to see specific photos/posts, but it lets me see the overview of someone's page without logging in.
      That message does sound like they have plans to upgrade their work? Hopefully they come back in the future! Suuuper last minute though :(

Here's DeepL's translation, which is a little clearer

DLD-Humanoid Legends Position Stop Announcement

Dear friends who follow DLD Human Legend
      We wish you a happy National Day in advance!
      Due to the company development adjustment and production line upgrade, DLD Humanoid Legend is now, with the exception of the [jointed hand] to maintain normal sales, all the rest of the products on sale are closed. Today's precipitation is to meet in the future for the better. Thank you for your continued support.​

17. "Production line upgrade" means that they are preparing to take the world or they are indeed going to reveal new sculpts in the future. I really hope it's the latter option.

18. Dang, I was eyeing one of their MSDs for a character of mine. Ah well, guess I'll go back to looking around again.