1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll-Love (also known as DollLove) Mini Discussion Thread

Jan 10, 2010

1. He's actually pretty blotchy but I don't notice it? Even though a lot is on his face. I knew I couldn't sell him though.

2. Well I think he looks great! I still say you're brave to dye him.
      I could never sell my resin babes since I've become very emotionally attached to all of them.
      My poor Vish was probably quite put out with me since he'd spent the better part of the last week modeling big pretty bow headbands that I was working on for some other dolls, so I made it up to him and finished up his outfit. I need to work on adjusting his pants so they're not quite so baggy, but they fit and have working pockets which I've never sewn before, and he's got a nice shirt. Plus one of our neighbors gave me an old bench that's perfect size for him, though the wood slats need to be replaced as a few of them are falling apart.
      [​IMG]

3. That bench is cool!
      For me I didn't think I would be able to sell any, but I have since moved dolls on to pay for new dolls. Only regret 2 of them, out of 5? One is coming back to me this week though, she was sold to my friend and then my friend loved her but didn't bond and felt like she needed to come back to me. (And I'm saving to purchase one back off my sister)

My 8 year old sister managed to get Sully into this pose today (also this pastel boy thing does seem to be working for me)
      [​IMG]Sullivan by Izzy, on Flickr

4. Thinking of buying an Anona head..! It seems to fit my one character super duper well!

5. The Doll-Chateau body for my Cecelia head arrived today and the hybrid works really well! My phone camera can't focus properly anymore for some reason, so I can't get any good pics atm...

The aesthetic of the hybrid parts fit together really well though! I was worried about having to modify the head to make it fit but it seems to work well despite the difference in neck circumference between companies. It sits well on the neck and doesn't look likely to pop off anytime soon. The neck size difference is visible, but I think it works with the body's aesthetic. The proportions are fine.

Unfortunately, both Doll-Chateau and Dollzone have since changed their WS resin, but if you could find parts in the older resin that haven't yellowed(which probably isn't that easy with WS, unfortunately) the old WS will match Dolllove WS perfectly! The head is slightly shinier while the body is a bit more matte, but that may be due to the head having arrived several months earlier.

Anyway, I'm glad to have her! BTW, her name is either Beatrice or Beatrix, though I may still have her cosplay as Vriska from Homestuck sometime. I love her so much!

6. My very first doll was a Doll Love Kaja and I absolutely love the way that they pose and feel. He's got such a big place in my heart I know I could never get rid of him. Hibiki is my baby <3
      I'm loving seeing all this Doll Love adoration, everyone's dolls are lovely!

@TwistedRiver I love how Vish looks. I am such a fan of his eyes and how much they brighten him up!

7. Thank you so much! I got them on CandyKittensEmporium on etsy. I can't remember who recommended the shop to me but I'm glad I listened, As soon as I saw the eyes I was in love. Sadly I haven't really had time or money for doll projects so other than cuddling when on the computer sometimes, Vish hasn't gotten much attention lately.

8. Cecelia is my daughter's first BJD. She's so cute! Just trying to find the right wig, as the black one we ordered looks a bit severe.

9. Kicking this thread back to life with a question. Has anyone bought or seen a msd youyou? I can't find any owner pictures, thank you in advance

Edit: did see one on the last page lol but would love to see more

#669 Ballet, Jun 1, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    10. I got a MSD xing ye love to hear opinions on him before he arrives

11. I'm not real familiar with him personally, but I do have one msd boy from Doll-Love (Kaja) and I adore him. He's my only bjd above like 16-18 cm so I can't really say how he compares to other msds but I do think he's beautiful. I ordered him with the company face up rather than trying my own but I still feel like I've managed to make him my own.
      Personally of the dolls I've gotten to handle, Doll-Love has some of the nicest feeling dolls.
      Do you have plans for your boy when he arrives or are you going to wait and see what works best when he arrives home?

12. I got my boy with the company face up too other than that I'm not sure what direction to take him. as he's my first doll I'm unsure really how to style and what would be proportionate with him I'm to worried to order anything or write anything before I hold and see him

13. I was worried about finding the right clothes and such too. I ordered him with the wig and clothing he was pictured with as well just so he wouldn't have to sit around in his skivvies for too long, but I think by the end of the first week I'd made him a new wig and started on clothing. I've had a few dolls take months to figure out and some I "knew" long before they arrived. Of course a few I "knew" I realized after I had them that nothing I'd originally planned would work out.
      Just have fun with your boy when he arrives and don't worry too much if it takes a while to settle on a style for him.

14. Hi all! Does anyone have DollLove Summer? I saw that MOC was selling her awhile ago and passed on her, she's still on my wishlist though.... Would love to see owner pics!

15. UPDATE: According to Alice's Collections, Doll Love is out of business, which is disappointing to say the least. I'm not sure when it happened since it seems Doll Love has not been discussed on here since 2018 for the most part.

"
      Dear Joanna ^^,

Thank you for your email.
      Sorry but Doll Love is out of business so their dolls are not available anymore...

Please feel free to contact us for any question.

Happy New Year n_n
      Best regards,
      A"

------
      Hey wow this discussion thread seems pretty dead, but I can't find a newer one so here we go.

I have a DollLove Cecilia head hybrided on a Doll Chateau body (the resin used to match almost perfectly before DC/DollZone changed their WS) who I was originally planning to make into a character doll from a webcomic called Homestuck. Currently she's been in a box because I haven't had the time to work on her and recently I realized I might need a second Cecilia head to make a duplicate hybrid and dye to match DC's grey resin if possible. I'm a lot more pumped about this project than I was about the WS version (who I will probably keep and make into either her own character or a "Human!Stuck" version of the character I have in mind.

I'm also working on plans for a child version of the character but that is off topic for this thread, but I might revive the Homestuck BJD thread if anyone else still likes Homestuck in this day and age... ^^;

Anyway, I ordered the first head from Alice's Collections but it seems that DollLove is now absent from the listings on their site. I plan to contact them about what this means in regard to them being a dealer for DollLove, but I was hoping to wait until I had the funds to buy the head outright so I don't waste their time. Concerningly, though, it appears that Legend Doll, another dealer listed on the DL wiki page here on DoA, does not have any listings for Doll Love dolls and Angelesque, yet another, also has no listings for DollLove dolls... are they defunct? They appear to have an official Japanese site but idk if that is still active or how feasible it is to contact them in English or via Google translate. I'm also not sure if the official site sells doll heads individually.

Has anyone who sees this purchased a DollLove doll, either directly or from a dealer, in the last year or two? Or do I have to hunt secondhand or give up that part of my project(or risk dyeing and potentially ruining a perfect WS match for the sake of character accuracy)? I was really counting on being able to buy a blank head for the $35 or so it was the previous time, but now that Mint on Card is gone and Alice's Collections no longer seems to list them, I'm preparing myself emotionally for disappointment... and then a secondhand hunt for a not-too-popular company/sculpt that may not be easily found... sorry, that's moping a bit. Anyway, if anyone does have any info, please let me know!

#675 Cattya, Jan 9, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    16. I did hear they were done and it breaks my heart. I adore my Kaja Vish and was always going to pick up another of their sculpts.
      I did hear talk of them reopening without one or two of their old sculpts and otherwise totally different dolls, but I've only heard mention of it that one time.
      If you do take up the second hand search I wish you luck.

17. So yet another of my dolls winds up with the company folded tag *sigh*. It's sad to hear that they're gone but good to have confirmation that they have closed. I have a God-Enjoy boy that I had dyed black. He's such a beautiful sculpt that he actually doesn't have a face-up and he doesn't need one.

18. I've seen your God-Enjoy and he is beautiful and looks almost like he does have a face-up.

I seriously felt like crying over them going away and whined about it a lot to a few of my family.

19. They disappeared over the summer, iirc. I eMailed Alice's when it happened and there wasn't even a warning. Even Angel Fantasy had a discontinuation notice. :(

Apparently, they might have rebranded? I was thinking True Love, but I'm probably wrong.

20. @TwistedRiver Thank you.

I thought they were a sister company to AoD but I could be totally wrong there. Their website is still up but I have no idea if it's still operational as far as ordering goes. It may mean nothing as the Sugarble website is still available but they are most definitely closed.