1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll-Love (also known as DollLove) Mini Discussion Thread

Jan 10, 2010

1. Alina seems to be really popular. I've seen a lot of pictures of her... Trying to remember where... When I was trying to look up pics of Anona, it seems like people who have her also have Alina. Did you try searching the forum with her name as a keyword? I think thats where I saw most pics. That and Flicr.

2. Yeah that's what liwenjie0310 said to me too. "Just say, if customs asks, that is a gift from your chinese friend" So shipping is cheaper. Customs may or may not be more brutal that way too.

And.. wait. wait. wait. wait..... liwenjie0310 is a guy?? I thought he... was a... girl?? I guess i heard that from a different person that he... is a girl?

3. Ah, liwenjie0310 is probably a girl, I don't know for sure. I usually refer to them as him/her, my earlier post was just a typo. If I was going to guess then I'd say he/she's a girl, based on the name. I wasn't trying to suggest either way though :)

4. Oh that's kewls. I didn't know if anyone knew for sure. And B-T-Dubbs I'm not stalking you. Hahaha we keep running into eachother on every doll-love related thing. :D

5. On DoA, this is the only Alina I found:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?472649-Kasumi-Arrives!-(Doll-Love-Alina-Box-Opening!)S

And here's the only Alina I found on Flickr:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/kanashimi77/sets/72157627346709692/with/6015271239/

Oh, and here's the only Alina I found on Google:
      http://yukiloveslolita.deviantart.com/art/Movie-Star-259026059

I want either her or Anona... I can't make up my mind.

6. Just a little drive-by spam. Here's Dak (boy God-Enjoy) with his eyelashes now installed. They have sparkles on them and are wicked long. I am continually amazed at how good he looks without a face-up.
      [​IMG]

7. Oh and has anyone else noticed that Alina has mysteriously vanished from the doll-love site??

8. Kafae Latte YAY she arrived! She looks gorgeous :D loving the pic spam XD

our two similar girls look so different, I love it

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

So strange, Yoyo isn't up there either even though my friend bought one very recently. They are both still listed in liwenjie0310's shop though...

9. Oh cool deadpixel thankies for the spammz! Your Anona is so much less... yellow hahah. I like her hair.
      I'm already raring to change her faceup and get her more wigs. I made her pants yesterday! ^_^
      Is it okay to smell the resin.... I know the particles are toxic but... it's sealed right? My cat was sniffing my Anona. And... i kinda smelled her to see what resin smells like. Then I realized how dumb that probably was. And then coughed. lol

I can't think of a name for her~!~!~! Any suggestions?

10. Oh yeah and btw... my wig from liwejie0310 is soooooooooooooooo soft... I've gotten high quality kanekalon wigs for cosplay before... but this doll wig is softer than any synthetic hair i've ever felt. Does anyone know what material it is? O_O The link says woolen... but... really? I would think that would be courser or thicker,,?
      Heres the link
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wig-1-4-BJD-dollfie-7-8-inch-Luts-SD-DZ-DOD-B4010-/300479205209?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f5f4cf59#ht_2389wt_905

i
      t's so long too...

11. Here's my Doll-Love Lincy, Ayane <3

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

12. Your girl is wonderful Oceana, she looks so elegant :D

Resin dust is highly toxic, but sniffing a solid doll will do you no harm. Dust will only be produced if you sand/cut/abrade a doll, so you and your cat are safe :)
      Read the red link in my sig if you want more safety information about resin and msc, especially if you're considering changing her faceup soon. Think of asbestos - completely and totally harmless in its inert, solid form...but inhaling asbestos fibers will cause you serious lifelong health problems - mainly because once it gets into your lungs, it never gets out. Same with resin dust.

13. Hellooo, I'm desperate to see any owner photos of manatus (the cute winking girl) as I'm seriously considering buying her.. She will be my first Doll Love! How do they rate in comparison to other companies? Xx

14. Thanks deadpixel, you're super helpful~! I'll keep that in mind.
      I showed off my doll to my coworkers and parents today. First time leaving the house with her~! Scary! I felt like she was screaming "ahh! I'm surrounded by sunlight!!!!!" while she was in my bag. SHe was wrapped up of course.
      My dad kept trying to grab her away from me, grabbing her little arm. I was like "Dad no! Dad.. no! DAD NO!" He was trying to sound all smart because he looked up what kind of wool they make the wigs out of. But he didn;t even know they were mohair producing angora goats.

Also my cooworker totally grabbed her by the FACE! Ahhh!!!!! Hahaha I yelled "OHMIGOD DONT GRAB HER FACE!" haha. I expected this kind of thing. She's a little traumatized, and got dust on her... and her eyelash is starting to fall off more... but at least she's not too sheltered now.
      Anyone know a good eyelash glue?

Theres my story for the day.

15. My doll's name is Sephi !!!!

16. Aaahhh Kafae Latte, you're brave indeed. However I must admit my dolls are very... handled! I'm not worried about a little dust or grubbiness with MOST of them. My favourite (an AoD Fei) is very dirty, a little yellowed but very well loved. I'll never ever sell her.

17. Yeah. Like Pokemon, loving them is more important to me than making them perfect. :3

18. Oh... *pines* How I want a Janeshine... er /Manatus/Zxia/whatever :P