1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Love discussion!

Apr 22, 2010

1. I believe that LadyRose216 was one of the first on the boards to buy a Leon.
      I did the box opening for her. But I am just not finding it right now. *yawn* need more sleep.

2. Oh he is a lovely boy Irmiel!!! Thanks for posting him!!!

3. Nobody got a Yueyong yet??

I really want to see her in person.....

4. Here are some pics of Jermain (DL Leon) He arrived early July last year. ! Can you tell I love this guy! Here is his Box opening as well.
      [​IMG]

5. Jermain is sooo cute! And look at him standing all by himself! I have got to tighten my kids!

6. Some where I have pictures of us restringing him. That was fun!

7. Sharing pictures of my two DollLove babies. :aheartbea

Group shot! :aheartbea
      ~ Pardon Cal (the Migidoll Jina on the left). She wanted to be in the photo, too. XD

[​IMG]

8. I'm considering buying one a doll from Doll Love, but there isn't much information on them. Can anyone tell me how well they hold a pose?

9. wow HeyTanya, thanks for posting those pictures! I've been wanting for a long time to see some DollLoves with much better faceups! And they indeed look amazing :D

I love your Alice, she looks MUCH better than her shop photos ^^

10. Thank you! ^o^ Yes, indeed, the DL Alice has so much potential.

11. They do hold poses very well. My Alice was strung just right. ^_^

12. Thanks for letting me know HeyTanya! I just purchased an Alice and can't wait!

13. I got a Brian head with the default face up and it didn't look as soft and subtle as it does in the picture. Mine was darker and more vivid. It wasn't a bad face up though.

14. Does anyone know if Nichi is single or double jointed?

15. Ohh, do you happen to have any pictures?

16. I do.

Unfortunately, I only had the head three days before one of my other dolls face planted into the head and chipped the lipstick. The head is currently with the face up artist for a complete revamp.

17. Ohh, he's stunning.
      I'm planning on getting him, and a cheap head to practice face ups on before attempting to do anything with him.

I was originally going to get a bobobie Apollo, but I came across this guy and my heart fluttered!

If you don't mind could I bombard you with questions?

What size eyes does he take?
      I think he takes about 9 wigs or 8/9 judging from the messurements, which did you find most comfortable for him?
      He has an odd body size, what clothes or clothing websites would you reccomend?
      Did he come with eyelashes on the top lid?
      How well strung was he? I'm a complete newbie and I'm frightened if I try to restring him I'll destroy him, and I don't think there's anyone in my area that can help me!

I think that's all, sorry for all the questions!

18. I should have mentioned before actually that I never bought the full doll, only the head to hybrid as a female doll. I never could find any female sculpts I liked and Brian looks great as a female. I have the head on an AoD female body and from what I've heard, Doll Love's sculptor also works for AoD. I am not sure if this is a fact or not but it's something I've heard around the place. I can say the resin matching between AoD and Doll Love is spot on.

I can answer some of your questions though although in regards to his body, you should probably ask someone with a Leon as I assume they all come with the same male body. Also, their heads are so affordable that if you visit the actual company site, you might be able to buy an extra head with your doll for practice. (They sell their 1/3 heads for $40.00 and their 1/4 heads for $30.00) At least they did the last time I checked.

Eyes - I put both 16mm and 18mm in and they work fine. In the picture, I actually have 18mm which is a bit larger. It really depends what look you're going for.
      Wigs - In the photo, I've put a 8-9inch wig from Iplehouse. I've found that is a nice comfortable size wig for that particular head. It also depends on how the wig is made too. The iplehouse ones have a nice elastic to it. I also tried a 8-9inch Sunny's World wig and that fit quite well but not as snug as the Iplehouse fibre wig.
      Eyelashes - Yes, the head came with the eyelashes although they were a bit squashed and deformed and half coming off by the time I got the head. My head did come with a face protector too.

On clothing for his body, I suggest having a look at other companies dolls and check out the body measurements for them as well and then do a search on DoA to see what clothing those dolls wear as chances are if you find another body with similar measurements then whatever they wear will also fit your boy. I have found clothing is a trial and error thing and it's always hard to tell what will fit and what won't. My DF boy is an odd shape and it's a nightmare trying to find things that will fit. If you can sew, it's even better because then you can just make all the clothing yourself

19. Actually, No. the sculptor no longer works for AoD. He left AoD and that is why all the sculpts were redone. If I could find the thread I would pull it up, but several have purchased after he left and found that the sculpts are no longer the same. The differences are enough to make several unhappy. Course if the changed all the pictures when they changed the sculpts there would not of been any problems. The Sculptor does not work for Doll Love, he owns Doll Love.