1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Love discussion!

Apr 22, 2010

1. Ah that's what it was. Thanks for clarifying Knitting Dragon. I heard there was some crossover between the two companies. Wonder which sculpts were the ones he did at the old company.

2. Some of them are easy to tell. I know that there is an AOD msd that looks just like DL Leon as well ad the 90cm Hale. I have notice that dolls of the same sculptor have a familial resemblance.

3. Ohh, thank you for all the info, I've got a book that I'm writing notes in and can you believe it, it's almost full! I really hope I don't miss anything and that I'm super prepared for my first dolls arrival!

4. I love the default face-up on my Brian. I asked them not to paint his lips grey and they did a great job!
      [​IMG]

5. I am very happy to find a Doll-Love thread. My first dolls where Luck and XueYing. I bought them in liwenjie0310's ebay shop. I'm very happy with them. The decision was not so easy because all dolls are very beautiful. :aheartbea

I think of buying Lincy sooner or later (actually I am waiting for another doll). I love her face!

6. I'm really interested in skin maches comparisons ^^/

7. Hi everyone...just a quick question. I saw a Doll Love Alice Sunny Edition posted up in ebay under the seller bonnmilou. Now, I bought my first doll in eBay also under jeeryama and I was very pleased with the whole transaction. Now, I've been eyeing Alice and seeing all of the Alice's here in DoA, I am almost completely sure that I might end up getting her. My biggest worry is that I have never even heard of a Sunny Edition of Alice. I checked out the Doll-Love site and they only have the regular Alice with black hair. This one in eBay has a more softer face.

Could someone please tell me if this version is even legit? It would really help a lot. And I know that this might not be the right place to ask, but has anyone even heard of bonnmilou?

Thanks.

8. That is most interesting. I myself know nothing, BUT I will see what I can find out.

BTW: Love Jeeryama.

9. There's also a dreaming Alice version on liwenjie0310's ebay shop which I don't think is on the DL site. I've not seen that version before either.

Rabiruchi, what colour skin comparison were you after? I only have WS. I bought a Doll Love 'Brian' head and turned it into a female doll. She sits on the AoD WS body and it's a perfect match.

[​IMG]

10. It looks like Alice in the face. If you're concerned you can always ask Doll-Love directly via email if this is a authorized dealer and if the version is legit. It looks like if she is a dealer she is brand new to it since she has only been seller Barbie dolls until now.

On a happier note I'm hoping to get "Sleeping Alice" head very soon. She looks so soft and dreamy in the pics.

11. I'm seriously thinking about getting a Brian for one of my oWoD vampires, Lucius, but definitely have a question for you guys:
      Did the doll come with the faceup, or did you pay extra? If extra, how much? I can't seem to find a link or cost for faceup services on their website :-/

12. Please move this thread to a better location if I have posted it in the incorrect one. I was unsure.

So, I have a doll known as Doll-Love *若伊, (60cm) which is still in customs but will be here soon... purchased from Doll-Love. However, in searching the forum, I only ever saw photo's of the SD sized 'Alice' from doll love, and a few others, not my girl.
      The doll love website offers DIFFERENT dolls on its Chinese version than it does on its English version, and my girl was purchased through Liwejie, Doll Loves Ebay person, so that I could order her even though I do not speak/write Chinese >.>
      Her name on ebay was 'Royi'
      but even just looking for Doll Love dolls on here I havent seen her sculpt.
      This came off as a little bizarre, so I was wondering if any of you have seen this girl? if she has a different english name Im not aware of? or if shes just a model that no one on DOA has?

Links:
      http://www.doll-love.com/ (dont go to English version)
      http://www.doll-love.com/productshow.asp?ID=553 (My girl)

13. Oh, sorry. Didn't see your reply.

14. I'm afraid I'm uncertain as to what you are apologizing for, as I did not see your original statement, hahaaa

15. hiya,
      MCPO_J117 I bought all my dolls from a ebay seller, she offers all dolls with free face up and wig of choice. also if you want to change their make up it is free.. for example i choice a different lip color for my girl Lust (Cecelia)

[​IMG] here are a few of my fave pictures of my girls

This is my first love-doll Blaze (Lincy)

[​IMG][​IMG]

i hope that helps, if interested here is a link for the seller i always buy from:
      http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Milky-Queen-Castel

16. @Goldendiamonds:
      Thank you for that info - I wonder if they have the same policy for dolls ordered through their site...
      But I really like that you can change their faceups via the eBay sales for free! Yours are absolutely beautiful!

17. :kitty1 MCPO_J117 , i have talked to doll- love before yet their english is not to good, so i deal with liwenjie0310 and she always relays the message. they are pretty good though at making there customes happy xx

18. Hi XreveriexX120

I think love-dolls are beautiful yet affordable dolls, they are worth every penny. Their bodies are not amazing, yet you are paying for what you see. I have been meaning to restring Apricot bodies yet recently I have not found the strength or time to attempt my first restring. My only problem is that her leg joints (ball and socket) loves turning, so I have to make sure her joints are stable before setting her down in a standing position.Also i feel their bodies can be a right pain sometimes with holding poses they are not as good as my ringdolls bodies, yet they do the job. Here are a few pictures of my dolls so you can see a few different poses.

xx I hope this helps xx

[​IMG]

19. I am thinking of buying a DL Alice, I was wondering what she was actually like? Skin tones etc?

How does she stand and how she looks? She would be my second doll and looks so lovely but I want to know how she looks.

20. Thanks very much for replying, it does help ^_^ I originally planned for my first doll to be the ringdoll Don, but i simply won't have the money for another good six months at least, and was looking into a smaller one to ask a few good family members to join together for one present lol :3

I just have two more questions: #1 I've heard about dolls having 'seams' in their resin, do doll love dolls and ringdoll doll's have that problem at all? and #2, do you happen to have any pictures of Anona with dark/black hair?

Thanks for all the help :3