1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Love discussion!

Apr 22, 2010

1. What companies can you use for DollLove? my friend is getting the DL Brain head and we are going to put it on a Doll Zone body. In white skin....would it match?

2. hi XreveriexX120,

i have only got a yo-sd dollzone head on a dolllove body, if you get the color and neck size right it looks just the same and it worked out cheaper.

i do have measurements for dollzone male bodys though:

High: 45cm
      Head size: 18.5cm
      Neck size:7cm
      Shoulder width: 9cm
      Breast size: 17.4cm
      Waist size: 14cm
      Arms length:13cm
      Back length: 10.5cm
      Hip size: 18.5cm
      Leg length:22.5cm
      thigh width: 11cm
      crus width:8cm
      Ankle width:6.8cm
      Feet length:5.5cm

this is the measurements for a doll love female bodies:

High: 44cm
      Shoulder width: 8.5cm
      Breast size: 18cm
      Waist size: 13.5cm
      Hip size: 17cm
      Leg length:22.5cm
      thigh width: 10.5cm

Feet length:5.5cm

and this is the measurements of doll love male bodies:

High: 45.5cm
      Shoulder width: 9.5cm
      Breast size: 18cm
      Waist size: 15cm
      Hip size: 18cm
      Leg length:23cm
      thigh width: 11cm

Feet length:6cm

doll love male bodies are stightly tall and bigger the dollzone.

3. I'm so glad to have found this thread! I just got my first BJD in May this year, and I chose DollLove's Alice model; I am very pleased with her ^_^ There are times where she is slightly difficult to pose, but other than that I haven't noticed any flaws (imo).

Right now I have her face blank as she is getting ready for a commissioned faceup, otherwise I would post pics for those interested (she seems to be one of the more popular models of DL) ^_^;; Even though her faceup on the website doesn't look that great, I can say from experience that she looks much more beautiful in person! Those pics just don't do her justice lol

I do have a quick question though; As this is my first BJD and I have no other dolls to compare with, what size are Alice's eyes? I really want to get her different colored eyes, but it doesn't say on DL's website what size they are >_<

4. hi Nyx5,
      her eye are size 18mm, i know you can got smaller eyes yet 16mm may not fit correctly.
      here is a measurement of 18mm eyes below, most eyes have the same iris size yet pupils can very.

here are a few ebayers i buy from, i think there eyes are good qualty at a good price:
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/glass-eyes-18...t=UK_Dolls_Accessories_RL&hash=item43a23dcc97
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Glass-eyes-BJ...799?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f6018b77
      http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Fatiao-Dol...13901011&_sid=916524501&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

[​IMG]SIZE : 18mm
      IRIS: 10mm
      Pupil: 5mm
      Diameter of eye size: 18mm

5. Oh cool, thank you ^_^ that definitely helps a lot. I recognize the ebayer 'fatiao', I recently bought some boots for my doll from them; they are really nice and shipped super fast! <3

6. Haven't posted here in a while.

last time I did, I was talking about ordering Brian.
      After skimming though on payday, about to pay for Brian I saw Luck and immediately fell in love.

He looks exactly like one of my RP characters, so I proceeded to buy him instead.

I think [ I may be wrong. ] I'm the only person on this forum to own Luck, so if you have any questions about him or want to see any pictures just say, I'd be more than happy to help!

7. I just ordered a Doll Love 1/3, Luck. He will be my first doll. I was wondering what size of eyes I should order, and what they should be made out of. I'm seeing lots of glass eyes around, but some acrylic.

8. :)
      hi jazzthejazz
      congrats on your order... luck is a very handson boy:)
      18mm eyes is what i have in Toshiro (love doll Knox)
      and they fit as sug as a bug in a rug .. and look beautiful

you could use 16mm it just depands on if you want then to look big or small

i hope this help ..all the best with your doll :aheartbea

9. I would be attacking people screaming"HURRY UP!"

10. Gosh Toshiro's eyes are such a pretty color! Yeah, that helps a lot. They never say what size of eyes are in the promotional shots, so knowing what his are is a big help.

I'm already buying buttons and beads and fabric, and he hasn't even been shipped yet!

11. hello. i couldnt find the doll-love disscusions thread.....i have a little problem. i bought a doll-love leon last year. i had his body switched to a female body. her head has detachable catears. shes a 1/3 doll. i want to buy some new eyes for her...so i went to the doll-love site and tried to find the sculpt there, to check for eyesize maybe. but.....its not there! this is so weird. i bought her on ebay from a seller called onlineschaufenster. shortly after the ebay shop closed. i know that a while ago, i was able to find my sculpt as a blank head on doll-loves site. i want to make sure my doll isnt a bootleg or anything. anyone has any ideas?

12. I always thought Leon was Lenon with elf ears.....or maybe Brian (they look similar). I own both a Leon and a Brian and I honestly can say that there isn't much difference apart from the magnetic ears.

For eye size I use 14mm.

13. could i see a pic of your leon? the doll-love site sells only 16mm and 18mm eyes, so i thought 14mm might be a bit too small...last time i bought 14mm eyes there was putty visible in the corners.

14. [​IMG]

Not the best picture ever, as its night time here :doh , but here is my Havi (Doll love Leon)

You can kinda see a tiny bit of eye putty if you look real close. The eye putty is dark aqua.

I hope the pic isn't too big :sweat

15. thanks, that helps a lot! did you ever try 16mm eyes in him?

16. 16mm looked okay. Of course the iris was a bit bigger. I prefer the 14mm but it really depends on the look you want, though.

17. well i dont want an iris that looks like uber big, i still want the white to be visible. but i dont want eyeputty to be visible either. would you suggest 14mm or 16mm?

i guess you didnt take any pics of him wearing 16mm? ^^'

18. I do have a photo :) Not of Havi, but a leon all the same.

[​IMG]

The yellow eye is a 16mm acrylic eye
      The purple is a 14mm glass eye

For some reason in the blank leon there are gaps :/

You could always get a pair made that were say, 18mm but with the iris the same size as a 14mm (like the pair that my leon came with). That is if you were looking for glass eyes :)

19. thanks for the pics! thats a good idea...hm...did you ever try 18mm eyes?

20. The only 18mm I have are the ones he came with. They were a great fit, and considering that the iris is the same size as the 14mm pair he is wearing now, they looked good as well.