1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Plans 2017!

Sep 16, 2016

1. With the arrival of my first doll's head, 2017 will see me focusing primarily on her. My next big purchasing goal will be to get her a body - all while working on her faceup and wig(s) in the meantime.
      After her body's arrival, I have a couple of outfits I would like to see for her character, but I also sort of plan on using her in general to make a variety of clothes. After all, while she is my first in this size, I don't quite intend for her to be my last. ;) I also intend to give her a basic body blushing, and some tattoos.
      Outside of focusing on getting her together, I'll be putting money away into my savings all year. Most of it I intend to use to help with moving expenses (I plan on moving in with my primary partner at the end of the year) while I'm actually thinking of using some of it to purchase one of the more expensive dolls on my wishlist as a sort of late present to myself for finishing school.

2. I'm planning on getting my centaur fairyline put together. Then, buying more clothes for the dolls I already have, doing some blushing work and taking photos. So far, I haven't run into any more dolls that I feel I must have... I kind of hope it stays that way. I am thinking of getting a luts 65 body for a head that I have. But I see that as something that might happen at the end of the year.

3. Update:
      1. for Timeless Body : sew hood with front zip, Jersey shorts pattern trial - done -, trousers trial pattern, pullover trial pattern - done -., hood with no zip and no pocket pattern trial - done -.
      2. TL3: shiny/lacy/goldy clothes, cotton dress pattern trial - done -, pattern for trousers.
      3. Feeple65: shirt trial -done-, jacket, finish steampunk outfit, eyelashes.
      4. Dollzone B60-005: t-shirts, hood pattern trial, pullover pattern trial - done -, hairband/hat.
      5. MSD: leggings, trousers, hood pattern trial - done-.
      6. YOSD: jacket trial pattern - done -, long shorts trial pattern - done -, knickers trial pattern - done -, short length trousers trial pattern - done -.
      7. Saintbloom: jacket trial pattern - done -.
      8. F60: re-string and suede -done-.
      9. Improve on face-ups.
      10. Tackle 'how to make boots'
      11. Tackle 'how to make wigs'.
      12. Tackle 'how to make eyes'.

#283 Lilla, Mar 5, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    4. My plan is to get my first doll, maker her wig/s and get her the correct eyes as well as make some props and clothes and her face up done... So much to do with her! I'd like to have a second doll by the end of the year to keep her company but we shall see :'3

5. I just got back into the hobby after a three year hiatus. So far I have ordered five dolls of which two have arrived. I plan to order two more by the end of the year. Beyond that this year I am mainly focusing on rebuilding my eye and wig stash and learning how to sew clothes for my dolls.

6. I just ordered my two dolls-both Volks YoSD so now I'm scrambling to get wigs, shoes and clothes sorted out and I'm developing their story. Its so much fun! What I've got so far is that they are twins, are half Japanese and were separated at birth.

7. She is paid and under production. :3nodding:

Finally saw one that was everything I wanted.

8. For this year I really would like to have Mydolling Tara....love her face!!!

9. I've been giving dolls a break in the latter half of 2016, but I am looking now and remembering how much I would *love* to order a Withdoll Rachel. I plan to order her this year and attempt my own faceup for her!

10. I wrote this last September, and we're well into the first quarter, so it's time for the first update!

Heads and full dolls that I ordered last year are slowly arriving. I'm eager for spring so that I can do their face ups, as well as eager for the ones I'm still waiting on to come home!

I did manage to find a Loongsoul body for sale second hand in January, so I bought it and it's here so that's another doll complete. The second ringdoll body wound up being ordered with a Red King head. I still have not received K, so I'm waiting on two things from Ringdoll, with intent to still buy a body for another character. Then I found a second Loongsoul body for sale on a facebook group, and I got that instead of spending it on the big Resinsoul order in February. I will be ordering the Resinsouls this month, and will be finishing a layaway on a spiritdoll body.

One of the Resinsouls, the MSD, I was going to order in a tan color then blush his markings, but I have decided to try dying instead so I'll be ordering him in white. I will need to find a way to dye him one color but then block out certain sections to dye again. I can't wait to see how it works out!

I have decided on different dolls for the two dolls that I thought I might have to post a wtb thread in the marketplace for. I'm a planner, so companies with very short ordering periods and random releases don't really work for me which is what prompted the change. Since I'd prefer having the dolls new and never having a face up before, I decided to just pick different dolls.

I'm almost out of sealant so next week, I plan to go buy some as the weather is starting to get to the point where maybe there might be some nice days soon! I'm torn between buying more MSC or going back to Tamiya TS80. They are both available locally, so I'll have to decide before going.

I have not worked on any ear mods.

I have been sewing and working on some new patterns, so making clothes for them has been coming along. I'm not great at sewing yet, and sometimes I think the pattern sizes must be off a bit when it comes to my dolls. I'm getting better at it though, especially when it comes to making my own patterns. I'm also waiting on some clothing from Taobao, and some wigs from Ebay. As for props, I'm currently in the process of making an SD bow for one of my dolls. I need to sand and paint it yet.

After ordering the Resinsoul next week, I will only have one full doll left to order. I am almost done shelling the key characters. Now if I could only finish the second novel and get it published!

11. i'd like to buy a littlefee ante as a first bjd!

12. Seems like most of this year will be focusing on putting together my SID Edan. I just got his head, so now he needs...everything. He's a new size for my house so nothing is going to fit, haha.
      1. Save for a body (hopefully by June)
      2. Order a face-up
      3. Get eyes for both him and my Volks Daria
      4. Clothes? Eventually? XD

13. Now that it's March, it's time for a First Quarter update, I think.

Determined to Do

• bodies for at least 2 of my floating heads (3 DIM 1/4 heads, 2 DIM 1/3 heads, and a Minifee event head) Waiting for a Loongsoul 1/4 body (Dec 16) and a DZ 1/4 body (Mar 17) -- Done!
      • Face ups for all of the heads listed above
      • face up (in progress), wig (done), eyes (done), and clothes for DIM Trisha
      • eyes and clothes for River (Granado Enoch)
      • eyes, wig (done), and clothes for Hazel (Withdoll Margery)
      • shoes for Minifee, m-line and a-line
      • sew!
      • better storage/display options for my collection
      • doll profiles here on DOA

Might Do, but increasingly unlikely
      • "big baby" sized doll
      • MNF Mio NS A-line body
      • Granado, Withdoll, or Supia SD
      • Dollfie Dream or Smart Doll

#293 blukissed, Mar 13, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    14. I`ll hopefully get the doll chateau Alan (elf) doll I`ve been wanting to get since forever now!:love

15. My JID Kyle heads are home... shoes... didn't restock.. but omg i love the PG resin ><.... DM Trin is iffy after vet bills but still hoping?

16. I would love to save up and get a DC and work on her for the year, as well as get better at sewing doll clothes. However the major goal for the year is to attempt my first faceup, which honestly might not happen until I get my DC.

17. I'm planning on sending Bridget out for a faceup and maybe body blushing, doing lots and lots of sewing, a little shopping for her, maybe making a wig, and potentially getting a second doll!

18. Plans update:
      1) Faceups. Vince got a new one last summer and honestly I've been hating it. The touch of gold paint came out looking dirty rather than glittery, and the eyelashes were a mess. So he'll get wiped and redone when I paint Marigold (Pete and Billy still look good... I might redo them in the summer if I chip or rub off anything between now and summer, but Vince and Mari are a spring priority)
      2) Sewing- So far so good. Billy got a new flannel shirt, I'm still working on one sized for Vince... but I might be putting sewing for my own dolls on hold in favor of working on con things...
      3) Wigmaking- A hot mess, the first yarn I experimented with is not cut out for the job at all. I might have to scrap what I've got and start over, but I'm hoping the rainbow yarn works out. BUT, I've got some valuable experience in making wig caps! I'm looking forward to doing a bunch more and to trying out different types of fibers.
      4) Con Prep- Still need to do some inventory instead of just sewing... And I need to find our badge ribbons, but I mean I have months to get everything squared away. On a good track and excited to have our first doll-specific con table (I'm doing this with my sister, as the two of us plus our youngest sibling have a family craft-and-geek-art business, and she specifically focuses on doll stuff, jewelry, and doll jewelry).
      5) The Next Doll- when it happens definitely depends on how well we do at the convention, I feel like... it takes me forever to save up, and the doll to have shot to the top of my wishlist is the expensive end for me... I mean he's about a couple hundred more than the girl who'd previously been at the top of the list, so... I don't know if that's going to happen this year. But I'd love to be able to bring the next one home by this winter.
      6) Other- Still have to finish making a pair of tiny boots. I have really slacked on that because I was supposed to make those boots in 2016 and there's been itty bitty boot parts sitting around my room for four and a half months now.

19. Changes have happened in my hobby. I do not like how my BJD collection have turned out. I'm not much into fantasy characters like dragons, centaurs, fauns, mer people, nagas, elves and faeries anymore. But I like anthros and aliens. Vampires, demons and angels. Shinigamis. Ghosts and living dead. Human characters. And humans who are spiritually connected with animals such as having a spirit animal. Or a human who have something wild about them. Like having night vision. Sharper senses etc. Having parts of them that is animal but not necessarily visible on the outside.

It exhaust me to have BJD characters around that I can not relate to, or no longer feel interested in. So I'm in the process of cleaning up in my hobby so I can focus on dolls and doll characters that really matters to me. My dolls are like a mirror of myself. And if I can't see myself in that mirror, it's no good...

#299 manabusama, Apr 17, 2017
      Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    20. I have a lot of plans for this year! I've had my two girls for a long time but I've been wanting to (meaning to... :sweat) work on them. So far I've bought one a new body. It arrived yesterday and I'm just in love! :chibi

Next: I'm hunting for a body for my other girl. Stalking auctions, monitoring prices. I almost got one but it didn't work out :| I want to have this goal met ASAP. By Mid-May before I go on vacation sounds good... Lol

Next next: So many things. New face-ups. Lots of new clothes and shoes and accessories. Organizing all of their things (too much stuff for a small space). Maybe body blushing and other body work. Furniture. Photoshoots.

My goal is to have them gorgeous and party ready for Dolpa in LA in September. It's gonna be a busy few months :XD: