1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Plans 2017!

Sep 16, 2016

1. Firstly, get back into the hobby. I've spent 3 of my (almost) 5yrs in this hobby pretty much inactive. Alex has sat on a shelf for those 3yrs. I know, bad move - especially considering he was sat in a black kimono - but he's survived with no staining and minimal yellowing. His face is maybe the yellowest. Maybe; I can no longer recall how he looked, in terms of colour, when he arrived.

Secondly, learn to knit and to also sew. I'm going to invest in a sewing machine soon; making clothes will save money, and give me another avenue to explore in this hobby. The main reason for this is cosplay outfits, though. I keep looking at Alex, and seeing the potential to maybe cosplay Leon from Resident Evil. But, back when I started out, I wanted to make him (or buy him) an outfit that looked like Enjolras' red coat and sash from Les Miserables. The film came out around the time I joined the hobby, and I adored Enjolras from the get-go! It's something that I still want to do, almost 5yrs down the line, so...it's got to be done.

Thirdly, and this is one that I'm not quite deadset on yet, buy a Mystic Kids Cris. A MK Cris is not the most expensive doll, but I'm not earning all that much right now. I have just received a bonus on to my staff loyalty card, so I won't be spending much from my bank balance this month, and I've got some money in my PayPal balance from selling unwanted BJD bits over on Facebook. And, MK have 10% off at the moment, so I'm pretty sure I'll be getting my second doll. But, there's also that...not fear, but concern that both dolls will end up sitting up on a shelf. Do I really want $500 approx. worth of resin sitting up on a shelf? Then again, some people have a $500+ painting hanging on a wall. BJDs are essentially works of art... And, I've realised that I'm trying to justify another doll purchase. :doh

But, they are my doll plans for 2017.

2. My plans for 2017 were initially to just get my first dolls and start getting into the hobby, but it seems like they keep getting bigger and bigger...

I want to learn as much as I can in 2017. Yesterday I picked up a beginner's sewing book, the past few days I've been watching and reading as many wigmaking tutorials as I can, and today I've been looking at practice heads and pastels for faceups. I struggle a lot with actually creating anything of my own, and so getting into a hobby where what I essentially get is a blank canvas, I'm nervous about losing interest when I'm not able to make my dolls look exactly the way I want.

I've also found I have very specific things I'm looking for, and I feel like I have a heck of a time tracking them down! I'm sure eventually I'll get better about that, but for right now, the idea of being able to make the things I want and not have to worry so much about if I'll be able to find it or if it'll fit exactly the way I want or be exactly what I'm looking for is super appealing! I'm excited to get a practice head as well since that'll allow me to practice both faceups and wigmaking. <3

I also very much want to get into photography! I'm a terrible photographer, and I want to learn and get better so that I can take good photos of my dolls once I do get them~

I tend to bite off more than I can chew, but I'm hoping to kind of... learn and practice all of these things at the same time? Outside of sewing, I feel like wigmaking and faceups and photography all really go hand-in-hand, and I'll start to develop a better eye for color coordination and the like along the way! At least, that's my very ambitious hope.

If possible, I would also like to get a Lillycat Kitty Jolie (I think it's such a cute sculpt!) and a Fairyland Momo. Maybe Celine. Maybe both;;;

3. My plans for this 2017, I want to explore the hobby more serious and be a better buyer, since now I know the differences between the re**st and legit, I really sorry for the bad experience last year since I'm still a beginner and just know DOA forum couple month ago.
      But I'll start the new page with the only legit doll in my collection.
      I'm still waiting for my MYOU girls, and I'll finish their face up, character, their clothes this year.
      I'll sew and knit their clothes by myself.
      I'll learn face up and try to take commissions may be.
      I'll also start to make doll properties for their photo shoot.
      I'll start saving up for my wishlist doll too, I wish I can get Momoni or Minifee by the end of the year.

4. Nearly five months into the year, and I think my goals are pretty similar to last year. I'd like to have more time for my dolls, and I'd like to finish some of the clothing ideas I had, crappy sewing skills and all. I need to re-string one doll, but I've been putting that off for literally two years. I also still need to find the right shoes for a couple of them. As far as doll purchases, I want a PukiFee/Lati Yellow-sized doll again, which I think I also said last year, and I didn't do it.

5. My goal is to get the doll I have been eyeing for a very long time, like years, and have that be my first doll. He's so beautiful but I need to save a lot to be able to afford his price tag in the secondhand market... and the only place selling him right now doesn't accept layaway. :sweat
      And I would also like to make another outfit for him, based on his historical clothing. :) Those are my goals!

6. On of my dolly plans is to finally have my first doll this year. Lol it's been hard these time resisting. But I have so much plan for my doll. The most important this is to get her first :)

7. My biggest goal is to actually, you know, start getting into it. I have a bad habit of getting really into a hobby for a few months, then burning out and stopping. In fact, my account here's over a year old and I really just lurk on and off without posting until I decided it's been long enough that I'm going to stick with this.

I've even wanted the same couple dolls for nearly the entire time, so the only question is if I buy them now or wait to see if there are some limited spring or summer or even halloween fullsets I want.

8. Dolly Plans:
      • Mod Del's neck and head
      • Separate her fingers (maybe heat set the closer?)
      • Face up her new head
      • Touch up the body blushing
      • Restring her (those feet are obnoxious)
      • Make a wig (preferably sewn rather than glued)
      • Draft and sew a shirtwaist, skirt and jacket
      • Buy her a boater, gloves and shoes
      • Depending on my progress and serenade doll's shipping times buy Evangeline

9. Did better on money than I thought... Dollmore Trinity just ordered! omfg what have I done LOL... so excited... so is half my club! lol the other half have not seen my post yet LOL.

Oh i got DM Trinity Elysia Golden Dust! (only 2 left now!)... My poor iple heads will have a long wait for bodies >< lol... maybe by christmas if i don't spoil Ely too much XD so happy despite the pain of payment lol,

10. I just got my limhwa Leda not long ago. I'm loving her every moment I handle her. I realized I'm spending a lot on clothes that don't quite fit her. I read somewhere on a tutorial for clothing made from socks, so I thought why not? I gotta find some time to diy amidst my busy schedule. Having a 3 year old and a 2 month old baby doesn't quite let me have that much time as before

11. My plan this year is the same as last year. NO DOLLS!
      But nope. I bought a head, and then a body last year. Failed.
      I will only be receiving the body this year as I ordered it in December (you know... waiting time~~)
      Oh well, I foresee myself buying some fantasy parts.. So it's still a "NO DOLLS!"

12. I went back and re read my post made in September. I got Ichabod done, my Fiona came and all she needs is her face up and body blush (waiting on good weather). Kyo came, got a new name and character...still waiting on his outfit.
      My new goals for the rest of this year:
      Save for August doll con (never know what I'll find!)
      Finish up the rest of the dolls I plan on keeping
      Focus more on crafting, less on buying (especially dolls)

13. Way back on the first page of this thread, in September, my plans were to order a grey Doll Chateau Bella and a Lati Yellow, plus aim to get at least one other doll on my wishlist. So far, so good! I ordered during Lati's Halloween event (but haven't added it to my signature as I have no idea when it will be arriving). I got my Bella in the DC winter event and just got the shipping notice for her. And I also got my Minigenue when Twigling was selling off her post-LDoll stock. So the question of which is my "first" BJD is... complicated!

So I have a bunch of work to do in terms of faceups and maybe restringing and sueding- I've never done any of these things, so I expect it to involve a lot of trial and error! But I at least have some supplies ready, and I plan to at least try to do my own faceups, so that if I end up having to commission instead I'll at least have a better idea of what I *don't* want. I think I have an outfit, wig and eyes sorted for my Bella when she arrives, but I'm someone who often doesn't know what look she's actually aiming for until she gets everything put together and goes "nope!" As for my Minigenue, I expect her to be harder to shop for since the fashion style I've settled on is unusual (in addition to her being a non-standard size). I'm not very good at sewing, but I'll never get any better if I don't practice, so I've got some fabric and have started on my first attempt at a simple dress. I'm also planning on making her wig, once I settle on a colour. And I have some basic eyes for her that work for now, but am still on the lookout for something that fits her character better.

I also really want to finish 2017 with at least one roombox for each doll (tragically I'm planning for them both to be OCs from non-interacting stories with completely different settings and aesthetics, so they can't share!) I have a LOT of thoughts about roomboxes, so I'm expecting this to take a lot of work!

I don't have any specific plans to buy new resin dolls this year- I might if a limited comes up that I really want, but otherwise I'll probably wait until 2018. (Unless there's a new preorder for Seed Arts Wol, I REALLY want to see how she looks next to my Minigenue!) I can't really claim credit for being restrained with spending though, since I'm about to splurge a LOT on offtopic action figures and designer plushes at a con this weekend...

So, my to do list:
      -Order a LTY- done! She gets here when she gets here...
      -Order a grey Doll Chateau Bella- done! She's in transit!
      -Order another doll from my wishlist- done! I have my Twigling Minigenue
      -Basic outfit, wig and eyes for my Bella- in progress! I've got a lot of things ready for her, I just need to figure out which ones work and which don't.
      -Basic outfit, wig and eyes for my Minigenue- in progress! I have a workable pair of eyes, am muddling my way through sewing some outfits, and need to make a start on a wig.
      -Faceup for my Bella (and body blush/ tattoos?)
      -Faceup for my Minigenue (ditto)
      -Roombox for my Bella
      -Roombox for my Minigenue

• Customize my Akagidoll Yusri when he arrived; he'll be based on the main character of my novel, Remi! I already got all his outfits and accessories ready and his faceup planned out :3
      • Get a Nanuri16 to shell Remi's brother
      • Save up for an Unoa Lusis to shell my persona, Rue
      • Commission someone to make a wig for Rue
      • Get an anime-styled doll and make them based on my husbandos xD
      • Buy a clear UV resin to make doll eyes
      • Possibly get an airbrush?

14. I paid off Lucifer, got atonia, and pieced together Lilith. No morte till 2018..

-Rina and Balik's wings
      -learn to make eyes
      -faces for Thanatos,frost, Lucifer, Atonia, Red, Jo, Ray, Eva.
      -pay for Eva
      -jeans for Ray, frost, Thanatos, maybe even Balik. Probably Jo too. Tacet Would wear shorts..
      -Robey thing for Lilith
      -atonia's fullset jacket can't be that bad. Probably.

15. I have two heads ordered. With no bodies...Figuring out the bodies is my top priority. I need to order at least 3 sets of eyes too. My goal is to not over purchase because there are so many beautiful dolls out there... I also need to spend more time enjoying my dolls. Life has been very stressful because my household care gives for a family member. And I really need to get in more down time that will help with that stress.

16. May update: So far I have gotten my boy a body and done a faceup on my girl (though it needed to be redone, so I wiped it). I also started on a piece of clothing for my boy. And despite me telling myself I wouldn't, I bought yet another head. :sigh That will be the last doll though, just bodies now, honest! :eusa_sile

17. I'm excited, I think that for me, 2017 will be the Year of the Doll! Haha, I plan on getting my first BJD this year using birthday money and personal savings. I also got a new job that pays well so paying rent AND buying doll stuff is now a possibility! I am going to get a doll, two wigs, two pairs of eyes, and an outfit or two for her. I am also going to do the body blushing and faceup myself, to make her even more special and personal! It's going to be a fun year if everything pans out. I hope that both the order and the arrival of my girl can happen in the same year! The excitement is going to kill me :cheer:blush

18. Oh no! I've failed at keeping my plans, only one month from my previous post!:doh

I sold Ichabod's head....couldn't pass up the offer.... and then put an existing doll's head on the body, and like it a lot. :thumbup

Decided a limited pre order doll had to be mine, so spent the saved funds for the August doll con on him... so I must start saving again as I only have three months left! :sigh

I'm going to stop looking at new dolls, or any dolls...I'm so weak...

19. 2017 plans...

- get Gremlin cleaned/re-painted
      - work on Cobweb's faceup and blushing, make her a web swing to sit on, finish her wig
      - blush and restring my sister's doll
      - order a display case
      - create mini dioramas in said case
      - prepare for incoming dolls & finish them up before the end of the year

- try not to look at or order anymore resin boogers before the above is completed :sweat