1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Plans 2017!

Sep 16, 2016

1. I've been out of the hobby for a number of years, so even just organizing my doll's clothes and finally taking more photos is on my list of things to do~ I am sure there are other dolls I will want to add, but for the time being I would like to focus my attention on the ones I have at the moment. :)

2. This year I hope to get my FID Lawrence and Lumedoll Atik finished, which should take a fair amount of time/money. I'm going to have to sew a lot of their clothes and I'm massively out of practice, so that's going to be a challenge. I also need to work on my photography skills because I'm a terrible photographer.

3. Time for a start of summer update, I think. Now that I'm on vacation, I should make progress on face ups and other crafty plans.

Determined to Do

• bodies for at least 2 of my floating heads (3 DIM 1/4 heads, 2 DIM 1/3 heads, and a Minifee event head) Waiting for a DZ 1/4 body (Mar 17) -- Done!
      • Face ups for every head matched to a new body (DIM Larina on Loongsoul body)
      • face up (in progress), wig (done), eyes (done), and clothes for DIM Trisha
      • eyes (done) and clothes for River (Granado Enoch)
      • eyes (done), wig (done), and clothes (done) for Hazel (Withdoll Margery)
      • shoes for Minifee, m-line and a-line
      • sew!
      • better storage/display options for my collection <---- highest priority for summer
      • doll profiles here on DOA

Considering Buying (1 or 2)

• Darak Remy body NS
      • Darak Hapumi
      • Smart Doll
      • Dollmore Mokashura
      • Dollmore Glamour Model Maxi Milian

Might Do, but increasingly unlikely
      • MNF Mio NS A-line body
      • Granado or Supia SD
      • Dollfie Dream

4. My plans for the rest of the year are small-ish. Like, no more new dolls, just focusing to the other dolly stuff :"D

- After I have received two of the dolls that are on the way, the top priority is to get faceups for them. Luckily, I have already booked slots for them and they go straigth to the artist when they arrive.

- I need to focus on clothing and get more clothing for my dolls. At the end of this summer, I'm going to comission one seamstress and she already knows what I want. We have also made a schedule: when I contact her again, ensure the order once more etc.
      On the fall I'm going to a convention so I'm going to buy few clothing pieces from there as well.

- I also need to get more wool and practise wig making. I would love my dolls to have two wigs each.

- New eyes are also on the top priority list! I need 4 new pairs of eyes, and that needs to be taken care as quickly as possible, so I'm able to finnish the dolls that I have.

So the end of the year is mostly trying to get more stuff for them to get them completed. I'm also trying to decide that what should I do with the floating head. I'm just not bonding with her, so I might need to sell it away.

5. My plans for this year include buying MiracleDoll Baiye (I'm basically just waiting for some sort of event) and trying to make some clothes for my first doll. Maybe buy a wig or two.

6. I already failed at my plans for the year, so I guess my NEW plans are to just slowly start getting things for my existing dolls and not buy any more chunks of resin.
      I'm aiming for one order of doll stuff a paycheck since shipping gets expensive, everybody needs everything. Wish me luck I can avoid further doll temptation

7. My doll plans for this year are not looking good, sadly. I never anticipated that finding someone to help me order a Volks doll would be far more difficult than actually saving up the money.

#327 Selenae, Jun 6, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    8. My dolly plans are pretty simple, since I'm new to the hobby and only have the one doll:
      • Learn how to take decent photographs and get some photos of Lucan posted
      • Complete Lucan's wardrobe, or at least get it functional with five casual outfits, one set of sleepwear, and one formal outfit.
      • Find "perfect" eyes for Lucan.
      • Continue the search for my grail, Soom Aslan.
      So far, the sewing is coming along nicely (although it would be faster if I could just get to regular clothes and he wasn't insisting on three different sets of loungewear plus a freaking feather boa trimmed dressing gown...I honestly never intended him to be such a diva, I swear). The photography is still shyte. The eyes are good enough for now, but I'm still on the hunt for the mythical Perfect Pair. And of course, the Quest for the Holy Grail is, well, a Quest for the Holy Grail.

9. I have some floating heads from dollzone that need bodies. The bodies I need to complete them were discontinued So I'm going to have to find bodies from another company that the resin would match. After bodies are found I'll need to have some face-ups done, find clothes, then I'll have some nice looking hybrid dolls. To make it easier on my wallet I could prolly sell the heads and forget about it.

10. Oh my, the list for things I want to accomplish this year seems daunting lol

• RSdoll New Evan Head (NS)
      • Pukifee Mio (New WS or Secondhand tan)
      • Luts Tiny Delf Alice (Brown)
      • Little Monica Harmony Sarubia Head (Either in Brown *please LM* or WS)
      • Souldoll Vito 51cm Girl Body (WS or Cocoa Brown)
      • Ringdoll 72cm Body (NS + Body Blushing)

I feel like this list will most likely not be finished by the end of this year, but this what I have planned so far. Aside from the actual dolls I want to purchase, there are other things I hope to get better at by the end of the year.

Resin dyeing is number one on my list. All the dolls listed above with WS will be getting a dye bath haha! Unfortunately most of the dolls I want to purchase are more on the tan spectrum of skin color and a lot of companies just don't offer it.

I'd also love to make BJD wigs! I'll start off easy by re-coloring the fibers and styling them differently. But eventually I want to be able to make my very own.

Lastly, forging BJD weapons! Mostly because the dollie fam I'm building are all warriors, so knowing how to fight with or without weapons is the bare minimum in their household. Plus, who doesn't want to give with doll a sword or five to play with? :mwahaha

11. Already have more dolls on the way thanks to the Volks LA Dolpa/Tea Party, so I guess I can include that!

I don't plan to buy any more dolls beyond that though. I'd like to get my SD-17 boy another outfit or two in the long term since he literally only has 1 outfit and all of the rest of my dolls are girls and smaller than him, so he couldn't share even if he didn't mind cross-dressing. It'd also be nice to get him a few props. But these are all optional things that may or may not actually end up happening during 2017. We'll see!

12. Oh my gosh! Do I have plans!
      So I have my soul doll freya on layaway and she should be here in august.
      Next month I will put an order down for DC Elizabeth with a human body and a Mirodoll hector. I intend to do the face up of Hector myself.
      I've got all of their characters planned out and I've started on their novel. I'll post bios for them when they get to me but for now I'll just give a very quick run down of them.

Freya will be shelling my OC Ansley. She is a modern day witch with witch and faerie blood in her (though she doesn't know this). She's pretty bad ass.

Elizabeth will be shelling my OC who I haven't named yet. she's this wild and dazed Faerie trapped in the human world.

Hector will be shelling another unnamed OC. He is the big bad in the story. He is sapping at the magic in the world and using it for evil.

They are so much more in depth but it's really hard to give a quick over view of them. I intend to start making youtube videos so stay tuned for that!
      Oh and I also bought a sewing machine so I could start sewing up bjd clothes. I might even sell them on etsy if I get the hang of it!

13. I need to destash, get organized, finish building the sd17 sectional, find a good leather stiffener, and locate a cafe backdrop.

Dollwise, I have RG Williams to pick up from Volks, and I still need another Switch Humming male body.

14. I really hadn't any plans for them this year.
      Then I remember I was a member of Den of Angels.
      So I logged on today and started going through all of the discussions and galleries.
      Now I want to make some plans for my dollies.

I am attending my local Anime Con next month.
      So I think I'll make my dollies some new clothes and pack them along with me.
      I know they have a doll panel there for all the collectors to get together and gush about eachothers dolls!

I'll definitely post some pictures!

Stay tuned!! lol

15. My study abroad is coming to an end soon and therefore so is my dolly hiatus, which means it's finally time to come up with my 2017 Doll Plans! Although I'll only have 6 months to complete them, I'm very excited to jump back into the hobby after such a long break.

:aheartbea DOLL PLANS 2017 :aheartbea :fangirl:
      • Goohwa and Lime twin faceup
      • DIY yarn wig for both Goohwa and Lime
      • DIY tailored suit for Goohwa
      • Body swap for Lime (Dollstown 17yo body)
      • Shoes haul for Timeless body & DT17 body
      • DollShe eyes haul
      • DIY mature outfit for Lime
      • Get a doll carrier! ( ͒˃⌂˂ ͒)ノ
      • Regularly attend MTL monthly meet ups

Hopefully I cross all of these out before the end of the year! Good luck everyone~ :aangel:

16. I decided it's time for an update! It got long.

Ok, I'm attempting to do the plan thing again. It may not take. It usually doesn't take. maybe if it's a loose list, it won't be that big a deal when I don't do it. Or do all the things not on the list that I didn't plan on.

Pretty much this.

Arriving

I have one layaway I just started that might still be going on in 2017 (don't ask me to math, it's monday). So paying that off is #1 on the list.
      I don't even really know what this was....me saying I wasn't getting anymore dolls this year? Cause that was a big no.

Dolls I want

5Star Aiden Red (Chibi Hellboy)
      Some LTF any color (Chibi Deadpool)

Impldoll Azalea Star body Green (Poison Ivy)
      66-68cm body for Two-Face
      Dollmore Judith body (for Catwoman)

The only thing on this short list I did not manage was Mini Catwoman's body. But then I got an Iple SID and I have Big Catwoman so who cares.

This represents the biggest part of my wishlist. I would be happy if I managed these dolls. I am hoping there will not be anything else in my BJD future. Hoping.

HA HA Biggest part of my wish list....I'm so funny sometimes.

Selling
      Go through everything BJD I own and really figure out what I need to let go. Then actually put it all up for sale.
      Oh hey, this was not a total fail!! I did the first part. Even sold some stuff. Now for the second part........ see you next year.

Dolls I have
      I’ve been neglecting a lot of my dolls lately, so what I’d like to do is go through what I have (left after putting things in the “sale” pile. One can hope.) and actually determine what they all need. I have several makeovers, faceups, wigs, eyes, body blushes, mods, god knows what else’s on the table and I really need to figure out exactly who needs what.
      Like, I know Nightwing, Robin and Dr. Strange need their outfits. I know Lex Luthor needs clothes and a repair job since his elbow is broken. I know that eventually April Story will ship Gambit’s body and I want to redo him to fit my current doll collection. I know at least one of my Kara Klums needs a new faceup and I need to mod another one. And one I will either make or commission a wig for. Beyond that….I’m not sure.
      I need a list. I need multiple lists and a binder to keep them all organized. I need an assistant to keep it all organized. And make me do the things.

Well. A lot of that has changed due to me not owning the dolls I needed to finish anymore. So. This has to be updated a lot. Still have a lot to do on what's left, so I guess there's that. Also I did the Kara Klum thing. Two new faceups and wig commission done!! GO ALEX(es)
      And Nightwing got done. One more thing I actually did!

Storing
      My dolls sit on shelves in my room. I have one that won’t fit (he’s too big and tall for everywhere), and I’m more or less out of room for all of them when they’re all there and not being worked on somewhere…so I need to do some rearranging.
      Still this.

Things I would like to do that probably won’t happen
      Props and photo-shoots. Actual photo-shoots, rather than portraits. I can dream.
      LOL NEVER

So much for updates.
      My new list of stuff I'd like to get to the rest of the year is:

New dolls!
      All these guys are blank and need faceups and other work.
      5Star Aiden (Chibi Hellboy)
      Blank. Needs clothes and eyes

LTF Luna (Formerly Chibi Deadpool now going to be Chibi Moon Knight)
      Needs scars removed, faceup/blushing, clothes, hair and eyes

LTF ?? (New Chibi Deadpool)
      Needs new FP, then scars and faceup and clothes

Granado V-05 on Ringdoll RGM04 (Moon Knight)

Facup, hair, clothes (some ordered and on the way)
      He's not naked, and his faceup is mostly done. Hair next.

Ringdoll Raven on Dollshe Pure (...No name)

Has a Ringdoll faceup but I plan on altering it - his body is on the way, needs a suit ordered. And shoes. And eyes. omg
      I did a thing! He's not quite done, but close!

Granado V-08 (The Riddler)

He's a blank head. He needs all the things. But a hat. He has a hat. -- He's next. The comics have me excited to work on this guy....

OOPS I knew I'd forget someone -
      Serenade Doll Rabbit
      She's totally blank and needs a faceup/blush

EDIT: Forgot someone else
      Dollzone Hermit
      I kind of want to go the Mummy route with this thing....but right now it's blank. I made it a wig....in blond. Now I want black. XD

Dolls I have that need work.

Pretty much all of them, but I'll post some of the ones that are important.
      Batman (Iplehouse EID Bane)
      Faceup redone, new cape, hair figured out.

Catwoman (Iplehouse SID Doria)
      Body blush, faceup worked on, hair, goggles, clothes

John Constantine (Granado Hansel - Mirodoll 66)
      I might give Riddler his body and get him a new one. HIs faceup needs altering and I may bevel his eyes.

Poison Ivy (Supia Ariel - Impldoll Star)
      Needs clothes. And a new wig. And possibly a body blush

Johnathan Crow (Ringdoll K x3 - Dollmore Model)
      Eventually his Soom jointed hands will show up and will need to be blushed and tattooed. The rest of his occult symbols need to happen, I have to redo his stupid arms* and he'll have to be blushed. Then I'd like to get him some alternate feet and see if I can separate the toes so he can wear flippy flops.
      And if I'm really really brave, I'd like to think about modding his knees so they're not always standing or sitting. But we'll see.
      Also one of his heads needs eyes because I hate changing them, and he has two different eyes....so I have to order two pairs *kicks him across the room*

*Because I strung them backwards and didn't realize until they were fully tattooed (#^$%^&*!!!!!!)

Two-Face (Dollzone Cosmo - Mirodoll 68)
      This body is a holy terror. I either need to remake his knee joints (NOOO) or mod his knees so he actually works. Other stuff could happen to it too, but that's the big thing. Also he needs the rest of his gore-scar mods on his hand and neck....and a blushing. And a real suit, the two-colored suit.

There is a lot more than that, I have plenty of dolls who could be blushed or totally redone, or even maybe sold off, but those guys I'd really like done soon. Or at least as soon as I can do them. So 137 years from now. Give or take.

I mentioned eyes wigs and clothes on some but not all the ones I probably need, so that'll be more things I'll eventually need to order. FFFFFFFFFF

In theory, I would like to also not buy dolls the rest of the year, other than:

A new body for Constantine or one for Riddler (whoever ends up the floating head)
      Ringdoll Aya and Alice99 heads for a doll I already own Accomplished!!
      A Rumpledoll Morfeo head should they ever go back up for sale.

That is it!!! NO MORE I HAVE NO ROOM

#336 VampireAngel13, Jun 15, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    17. I am so in love with an ipledoll I could transform into a character of my story. Moreover I want to learn how to make face-ups and plan her outfit.

To be honest, I am so happy!! I might even get to get the chance to lay my hands on my one and only love I longed for for so very long.

18. it's amazing seeing everyones lists!!!:XD::3nodding:
      but gods I'm not even sure if i should get into this, but.....

I'm planning to get:
      -Doll Chateau Evangeline A
      -Angel Studio clothes (Charlotte's Princess, Western, and Retro Palace dress's, and the Sweet Youth Sweater)
      -Angel Studio Mannequin.
      -Criobbdoll Lollipop and Mermaid wig.
      -Volks SD doll bag.
      -Volks new school uniform set.
      -Angell Studio Wang Chiang/LouYan (very late future!)

I also want to start making Victorian costume's for my girl! so hopefully I'll start that!

I am pretty nervous, I feel like their gonna discontinue stuff before I have the chance to get it :(

#338 villainedward, Jun 18, 2017
      Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    19. Might as well make a 2017 plan now that it's half over, haha.

-Each of my girls needs to have at least one competed "look" (eyes, wig, clothes, shoes, accessories)

-Finish the FE Robin costume. That's why I went public with a project journal, after all; motivation!

-Two of my girls need new faceups, and everyone needs hand blushing.

-Christmas outfits and photo shoot, at least for my incoming Renee, since she was an early Christmas/birthday present from my family and I know they will appreciate seeing what I do with her

-I'm working on starting a doll craft business and want to have a small selection of items ready for sale by this holiday season.

20. Finish the D&D party, this means buying an Impldoll Trista (hopefully when an event is on the cushion the blow to my wallet lol), get all their outfits totally finished and buy the last few accessories including Lidara's Mandolin.

Save up for a possible rerelease of DC Xaviera (ooo that's gonna take a while)

Suede ALL of the dolls, particularly the resinsouls because a few of them have iffy hips and/or knees and it's kinda annoying fighting them to stand up.

Find a permanent place to store/display them

Then I have a wishlist of other dolls I kinda... really want:

RS Rong in a fantasy colour (haven't decided which colour yet.)
      Lusting after that new Sweet Doll Neirid ahem.
      RS Long
      Souldoll Joelle, Lester and hope they release a vito sculpt that'll work for the last brother.

And of course once my two new dolls come I have their full outfits and faceups etc to do. So complete bard outfit for Lidara, find an appropriate wig because I can't seem to find one atm and get her some shoes.
      And a victorian/edwardian inspired outfit for the boy, carefully tailored around his odd shaped body. Body blushing etc too.

Whoo, lots to do.