1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Plans 2017!

Sep 16, 2016

1. So of course my initial plans went into the trash can, but I have lined out a nice, new plan for the remaining 7+ months of this year.

| BUYING |
      • Loongsoul B-G42-03 (Nyll) - Waiting for :]
      • Dollzone B45-012 (Alphinaud)
      • Fairyland Ria (Alphinaud) with a Moe body + cutie bust in NS (body for Zinnia)
      | MAKING |
      • Wigs for everyone.
      • Eyes for everyone.
      • Face ups for everyone, if weather and time permits it.
      | OTHER |
      • Figuring out +56cm sculpt for Leviathan (in white skin).

#21 sanachii, Sep 17, 2016
      Last edited: May 12, 2017
    2. Ooh, I love writing down my plans! I'll need to remember to keep up with this, and see how well I do:

1. All dolls have coordinating, seasonally appropriate outfits (Christmas wear, summer clothes, etc.) including shoes
      2. Better and more photos posted and shared
      3. Only buy one doll! (This was my only goal for 2016, and instead I ended up buying four dolls, an extra body, and a head)
      4. ...but I also want a body for my Junga Toy Skull. That's not exactly the same thing as buying a new doll, right? Right?
      5. Doll carrier for the big Iplehouse SID that just came to live with us

I think that's all I can manage for the time being. I've only been collecting BJD for three years, and 2016 saw me double my collection - I need to spend 2017 enjoying what I've got and not expanding the group by much.

Update January 2017: Bought new doll (Harucasting Nanni)

#22 DollSewist, Sep 17, 2016
      Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    3. This year I've been in high speed on obtaining dolls and heads. Next year, I predict I'll be spending less on dolls after the first quarter. I will need to finish getting bodies for a few of them. My first few purchases of the year should be bodies only. I'm planning to get a second ringdoll body (after the one I plan to order in November of this year), and a loongsoul body in January.

In February, I plan to order two bodies and an MSD doll from Resinsoul. Then there's another doll who needs a body, but I haven't decided which one yet, but I should have the money for it in this month.

After that, there's going to be more watching and waiting, and maybe posting some wtb threads in the marketplace. I'll only have a few more characters to shell, some with definite plans and others a lot more flexible.

Other than the more ambiguous doll plans, I'll probably be buying/making more outfits for the ones at home, working on ear mods, and getting props for them.

4. Plans for 2017.

Purchase:
      1. Loongsoul 75 or 80 doll. If everything will go good, preferbly, BaiZe.
      2. Loongsoul 42 female body for an Unoa faceplate I will have.
      3. Another Unoa faceplate.
      4. Body for the said faceplate
      5. More eyes

Make:
      1.Props
      2. Clothes

5. Ah, I love making lists :) My plans for 2017:
      • Getting the tan Tika boy I originally thought I'd order this year
      • A FeePle60 (crossing fingers for a nice Mandrak Moors release...)
      • A Fairyline doll (I'm really curious about that body)
      • Paint my faceless floating heads
      • Sew clothes
      • Make Florayan, my mnf Juri13, a house..(this is kind of a big project, so we'll see what happens)

6. I don't know if I'll have the funds in 2017, so this may wait till 2018, but I'm planning a Jillian Holtzmann doll (Ghostbusters 2016). I think I want her to be an Iplehouse Yur... I've got plenty of time to really nail down the details X3

7. My doll plans for 2017 are to finally figure out what I want to do with my collection. I've been stuck in a rut for a while. I also hope to add a boy to my collection. I'm afraid it will turn out to be my female YOSD dressed as a male character but it counts as far as I am concerned. I hope to atleast attempt to do a face-up in 2017 as well and perform my very first cleaning and restringing. They're small goals but they would make me quite happy. As for new dolls, only time will tell.

8. Oh my gosh that sounds so amazing! I love Holtzmann

9. Me too, it's gonna take a lot of work to do her justice! :whee:

10. I am cleanng out allot of props as they take up too much room. I want to clean up my dolls too and get things organized. I have decided that they probably need their own room though I didn't want to give that to them having them share a room with all my craft mess was my big goal. I know I will compulsively by more diorama and probably more big heavy wooden pieces but am happy that I have decided to let some go

11. To finally, finally buy the doll I've been saving up my spare change for over the past year, lol.
      Get him eyes and a wig and make him clothes to suit his character.
      Continue making in character clothes for Calli (the one doll I currently have)
      Work on doing some photoshoots and photo stories with both her and my new boy once I have him and his stuff.

12. My 2016 plans went completely down the drain. I didn't do a single thing on my list and my doll collection seemingly went through a bit of a metamorphosis. So. With that in mind, here's my newest set of plans.

[ D O L L . R E L A T E D ]
      - Get Dahlia (Little Monica Muse Harmony Gloomy Sarubia, magnetic ver.) fixed DONE!
      - Get Fleur (Little Monica Muse Harmony Sarubia, magnetic ver.) fixed
      - Purchase Souldoll Titikaka
      - Dolly spring cleaning: a clear out of unused things.​

[ H O B B Y . C R A F T S ]
      - Start making resin eyes
      - Start up a shop for said resin eyes
      - Make at least one photostory a month (0/12)​

#32 HoushiChan, Sep 17, 2016
      Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    13. I want to acquire a 75cm+ girl, I'm not sure what though, because there are so few of them to begin with, and I've never seen one with a face sculpt I've liked. Really looking forward to seeing Iplehouse's HID women and hopefully they'll be at least 70cm (70cm girls are almost always 65cm, 65cm girls are almost always 60cm, etc).

All the nice big dolls are always men, even finding a nice looking girl who measures an actual 65cm is difficult for me. Keeping my eye on Loongsoul too, but nothing has really struck me yet.

But yeah, I'd like to buy a big fragile heavy lump of a doll next year.

14. I little of everything for 2017. Get some new outfits for them, make some furniture/props, and add a few more shoes to their collection.:)

15. I want to finish my little 21 cm dolls room. Maybe buy her a new wig, and I hope to buy that 65 cm doll that has taunted me all this year.:love

16. fhewww.... so:
      - get Lucius (SoulDoll Chiron)
      - get Aaron (SOOM Dia)
      - find the perfect eyes and hair for Ayana and Alicia
      - get a body to Thalia (hopefully a FairyLand F60 girl body, but not sure)
      - and if I can't buy her in this year, buy Melody (FairyLand F60 Chloe)
      - sew dresses, don't be lazy (lol, nope... hopeless)​

Maybe that's all...

17. This is sort of a mix of final months of 2016 and 2017, but... plans!
      • get a body for luts terra head (along with a character, wig, outfit, etc...)
      • purchase a body for lance, along with his wig and outfit
      • outfit for tei
      • finish up the diorama for my obitsu and finish up my obitsu lol
      I think that's it for now... more things will come up I'm sure!

#37 mermaids, Oct 3, 2016
      Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    18. I've just started getting into the hobby, so I feel like the bulk of 2017 will be spent "catching up". Assuming that both my dolls (first two ever!!) come to me in December, my goals in 2017 will be:
      • finding the perfect wigs/eyes for my Lance and Tei (btw I'll give them actual names, I'm still simmering on that right now)
      • finding Tei a nice formal outfit
      • fleshing out both of their stories/characters more
      • starting on a diorama/collecting some furniture for them
      Aaaand some things I'd like to do that aren't directly related to those two:
      • buy a Switch doll (T_T making baby steps since I bought hands already ahaha)
      • buy a girl doll (leaning towards Rosen Lied or another Crobidoll)
      • figure out how to do body blushing and do it

19. My dolly plans for 2017 are to make a diorama for my tinies and to get a Pukifee and a Soulkid. And more clothes for all my dolls :)

20. Im still really new to the hobby (my first doll isn't even here yet) so most of my 2017 plans will be oriented around getting my first doll situated.

So here's what I want to do:
      • Purchase materials to do faceups (including a practice head?)
      • Give my first doll, WithDoll Witch Emma, a faceup
      • Build a wardrobe for my first doll, and start making clothes for my 2nd doll
      • Buy 2nd doll (Resin Soul Song head & DC K-12 Body)
      • Find a suitable body for the pumpkin head coming in with my Emma
      • Learn to make doll things (clothes/props/wigs) for myself & to sell
      • Maybe if I can afford it, buy DC Elizabeth & an extra set of arms for a dye & modding project.