1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Plans 2017!

Sep 16, 2016

1. I have several dolls I would like to add to my collection:
      Iplehouse: Lawrence, Falcon, Bibiane, Bianca (but for 2017 I will be concentrating on Lawrence and Bianca)
      Fairyland: Minifee - Chloe (without face up) and an F60 that I haven't decided on yet.
      I would also like to make a book shelf and possibly a Chinese screen for decoration.
      I am also continuing to build my outfit collection for my dolls and would like to actually try making an outfit. :)

If I get all that done I will be amazed. ;)

2. I don't know if she'll arrive in 2016 or early 2017, but my only planned doll purchase has already been made: a doll choice Iplehouse Yur. She's gonna be gorgeous!! I have an elaborate princess gown and custom commission in progress with Amadiz Studio for her.

I already have a few heads and a body up for sale, but my over all goal for 2017 is going to be to minimize. I know my Domuya Van and probably one of my beloved Bambicrony Emilys are gonna go. I don't really like changing things on my dolls so I have tons of clothing/shoes/wigs that aren't being used and can go.

I haven't really decided how I want to display the remaining dolls: in pairs or family groups. That will change which ones I keep/if I need an additional doll. Haven't decided yet.

3. Oh Please share pictures of your custom gown. I too have one I would like done. :)

4. I will for sure! Their work is amazing. It's going to make her my most expensive doll by quite a long shot but I expect it to be totally worth it.

5. I hear ya. I got a quote from them for my custom gown and it was going to be $500 for it. While I really want it, I just couldn't justify it at this time. :)

6. I don't think that all of this will get done, but here is my most pressing project list:

1/6 Ancient Tales Rachel | Juliet

- start her costume (at least the shift and beading)

LLT Roderich + Granado Nuevo | "Prometheus"
      - heterochromia eyes

Simply Divine Harlequin + Legend Doll 70cm | "Eurydice"
      - cat's eyes
      - costume (at least the shawl, perhaps biker jacket and pants, headdress, get started on gathering the supplies for the dress)

Souldoll Yu + Supiadoll 60cm | "Kore"
      - albino eyes
      - finish modifications
      - start silk fiber wig
      - start collecting supplies for outfit

Dollshe Amanda Beauty + Limhwa 60cm | "Orpheus"
      -eyes (1 black-brown; 1 mechanical)
      - finish modifications
      - hunt for lightweight selvedge (chambray?)
      - continue planning Kerberos ("Kirby")

IOS Jade + Dollshe 28M | "Dolos"
      - eyes (brown)
      - design outfit

Granado Mads + Dollstown 18 | "Hades"
      - eyes
      - mods (matching resin, etc.)
      - finish teddy bear mohair wig
      - finish plan of costume

Dollclans Vezeto + Dollzone 71cm | "Hermes"
      - plan eyes (and make?)
      - finish angora mohair wig
      - finish facial mods

7. Ah I always love doing these threads! Let's see....

1. Next year I'd like to order two (or at least one) of the Smart doll guys I want.
      2. Sew clothes for them!
      3. Start and finish (Hopefully faster than the last one) my next project for my DDS.
      4. Finish the rooting jobs I've been dodging for forever <_<
      5. Finish my dollhouse! I had really hoped I'd get it done this year, but I had other expensive purchases that I wanted more and I just never put the money where I needed to to finish this project. I plan to unload a bunch of stuff on eBay sometime soon so if that goes well I might squeak this in this year, but given that it's October and I'm pretty busy between now and January every year I just don't see it happening.
      6. Some of the face ups I did over the summer I'm not really happy with, I'd like to re-do them.

8. I'm going to try and keep my list short this year. Hopefully having a small list will help me spend as little money as possible. :sweat

Dolly Plans - 2017

Photography:
      - Take at least one doll photo a week (unless I'm physically unable to do so)
      - Practice my photography skills by watching YouTube tutorials and Googling techniques
      - Purchase a DSLR**

Budget Management:

- Go through all the doll clothing/accessories that I don't need and either sell them or give them away
      - Save up enough money to purchase one of my "grail" dolls**
      - Do NOT buy more than one doll this year!

Crafts:
      - Learn how to make doll furniture and accessories
      - Learn how to make resin eyes

Social:
      - Post at least once a week on social media (unless I'm physically unable to do so)
      - Attend a doll meet at least once every 2 months

**Not required

#68 NekoNyanMew, Oct 27, 2016
      Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    9. Hope I could just get one doll this year.. I have to save up for my wedding XP

10. I love the doll plans threads!

My first plan was to not buy a doll until 2017 but I broke that rule today when I bought a Feeple60 body for my ID01 head. So, next year, here are my plans:

--Get bodies for my floating heads: Leeke Noella, Leeke Arien, Minifee Sarang 14 and Minifee Sarang 15.
      --Get face ups for Arien and the Sarangs.
      --I'm hoping to find a Feeple60 or Feeple70 Rona (fingers crossed).
      --I'd like to get a new face up for my Volks Rio.
      --I'd like to have a professional photo taken of my Delf Angel Elf Soo with her original face up and the eyes/wig from her promo photo. After that I'd like to get her an upgraded version of her default face up.
      --Get some new resin! I'd like to get a Senior Delf Eveline. If Fairyland brings back the currently missing Minifee sculpts, I really want to get a Minifee Ari in Tan skin. I have a Delf Ari and an Ari Wink, one is normal skin and one in white skin, so I'd get a tan Minifee and then have the sleeping face plate modded to a wink. Maybe. It would also be nice to just have a sleeping Ari, since there isn't one in the Delf size.
      --I'd like a Delf El Elf to be my AES's boyfriend, and a Delf Chiwoo to be my Miyu's boyfriend. I have a thing for Delfs, okay? :P
      --Try not to get more dolls than fit in my doll cabinet!

11. The 48 cm girl I bought for my birthday hasn't even arrived yet, but if I enjoy her enough, I'll happily buy her a 50 cm sister for Christmas. I also plan on getting my 48 cm Obitsu girl a... large bust piece, as her default bust is, shall we say, not to my liking.

Also, forgive me for going off-topic but I also want some more MIO Isul dolls, assuming all goes well with the first one I bought. Hopefully they'll still be in stock come holiday shopping season. If not Isul then maybe Taeyang...

Also... Clothes, clothes, clothes. (And wig(s) for my Isul(s).)

12. For 2017, I'm hoping to get Riyan (MNF Seorin) & Vienna (MNF NF14) both new faceups by AngelToast. I also hope to send my two Dearmine Gorgis (basic & smile version) to Shallow Sleep to get them painted like my IRL Corgi girls. Other than that, I'd like to focus on more clothes for all my dolls and possibly start dabbling into armory for Rayleigh (MNF Yder) & Chrom (MNF FLAM)!

I'm hoping to *not* add more dolls to my collection, but with new releases, I'll never know! (Alwaysalwaysalways dreaming of a Minifee version of Fairyland's F65 Dragon Roke boy)

13. I want a body for Johanna. That's all I want. I've got all the clothes, all the eyes, all the wigs I could ever need for my dolls right now. Johanna needs a body now so she can wear the cute little dresses that I've got for her.

14. Seeing everyone else's plans makes me super excited :XD: I haven't even thought about 2017 yet. I literally can't think of anything. I was thinking I'd take a break from buying dolls and save my money, but I might want to shell a new character. Whatever happens, I know I'll be investing in lots of new clothes and shoes for the dolls I already have, plus probably re/doing faceups. I'll have two new BJDs by the end of 2016 so we'll see how quickly I'll complete them.

15. - Outfits for the dolls
      - More floating heads to practice faceups
      - A better lens

16. To Find -
      - a 65+cm girl with muscles
      - an Iplehouse FID Woman with a head I want

To Sell -
      - Put 3 dolls up for sale to clear space and evaluate the rest
      - Weed out all fukubukuro clothes/wigs/etc that I don't want

To Buy -
      - Iplehouse HID Scarlet to be my D&D pirate captain (how fitting, no?)

To Create/Build -
      - A doll wardrobe and a million hangers for all my clothes
      - jewelry and an Etsy shop to dispose of it in :)
      - finish faceups, tattoos, and body blushing for my dolls in the very narrow winter window that I have

#76 Saphariel, Oct 29, 2016
      Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    17. My plans for the next year:

Bought dolls but haven't arrived yet

PeaksWoods Kass
      - he needs everything

Dollzone Snow
      - do a body blushing
      - get him a face-up

Luts TDF Tyltyl elf
      - needs everything

Withdoll Dante
      - needs everything

Other things to do/buy

- buy Luts SDF65 body
      - Get clothes for one character, then its ready
      - Soom Hyperon needs new face-up and shoes

Then I have new doll plans but I think or at least I try to take it slow as I bought 4 dolls in Autumn.
      Need to save up some money so I can get the dolls I already own ready.

18. I definitely would like to bring in my second doll! My first girl needs a little friend~ I'd also like to get a head for face-up practicing! I really want to improve, and find my face-up "aesthetic".

I'd like to also do a lot more knitting and sewing for my current doll Len, who has been wearing the same outfit for months :''(
      She also needs a new wig, and I'd like to try my hand at sewn wigs, so that's also on the list of things to do.

Overall I just want to do a lot more things for my dolls in 2017, and flesh them out more in terms of their characters :D

19. -I'll probably do some re-painting come summer, just to update everybody with a faceup at my current skill level. Some of my dolls will be due for a re-blushing or a new face by then. Or, in Vince's case, just ready for a change because sometimes it's fun to have something new.

-Environment! I want to have at least one good set. I'll be settled into the new house, like... I hope it won't be long before I have bookshelves and a desk. And then they can hang out someplace other than the one shelf in my closet, and have some furniture and props out. I want to do a 'magic tent' set-up with some fancy silky fabrics that I've got, since I have one that's really beautiful but it's too small a piece to make something for me, and too large-scale a brocade to make something for a doll, unless that something is a backdrop.

-SO MUCH SEWING. I've got my fabric stash, we've got a sewing machine (though I mostly sew by hand, the machine will make some things easier)... and I've got a whole lot to do.

-Will I try wig-making? I'm interested in doing so. I've got doll hair that was bought with the thought that I might be re-rooting some fashion/play dolls, but I've seen some weft-and-wig-making tutorials and I'm sure I've got enough hair to do a wig for one of the yo/tiny dolls in the house...

And... well, I'll see how things work out when it comes to buying another doll in the coming year-- I might get my second girl, or my first SD, but I might just buy things for the dolls I've got. It feels a bit like jumping the gun to make concrete plans about the next doll while I'm waiting on a new one to arrive. I have lots of crafting plans, though, and that makes me happy.

20. My wish list is ever-growing, but my actual plans just consist of getting bodies for my floating heads and fantasy parts for the two I already have that need them. I have 2 1/4 heads that I have bodies picked out for, and a 70cm that I've been holding out on finding the "right" body because she is very specific. After that, maybe another complete doll, but it depends on how bills and such go.