1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Plans 2017!

Sep 16, 2016

1. I'm in the process of putting together my first doll, a custom Solas from dragon age, and I'm hoping to get him finished up (body, clothing, face-up, and body blushing) before next year is over. After him I'm planning on making a custom Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds. For that one I'll have to put together a group of people who would also want a head for him, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it lol.

Other then that there's going to be some furniture making on my part as well! It'll be eventful no doubt :lol:

2. My main doll plan for next year is to save up and buy an Iplehouse girl to shell my longest RP character. Who is cranky that I shelled a different girl first LOL

3. Yeah, doll plans for 2017! Let me see...
      1. Dolls I want.
      - LUTS Zuzu Delf Wolffy in romance ver. (to be the partner of my DearMine Agrippa).
      - LUTS Tiny Delf Bambi (my persocom portable).
      - DollShe Aramis (my special project).
      2. Current dolls.
      - DearMine Agrippa. Needs face-up, blushing, clothing and props.
      - DollsBe Mango. Needs winter clothing.
      3. Things I would love to do but won't probably happen.
      - Get jointed hands for at least two of my dolls.
      - Take photo-shoots (I have this resolution every year and it is really unlikely xD).
      - Try to learn: how to do a face-up, how to make a pattern, how to make a wig.

#83 Yami_Hanako, Nov 5, 2016
      Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    4. I totally want to add at least two or three more dolls to my MSD collection. However, I really want to start a small SD collection. I just found a bunch of affordable SDs that I like, so I'll try to get one of those. I got to develop my characters too, I haven't worked on them for a while now and I want to change some things. It should be fun!:chibi

5. I think I would want to purchase secondhand SOOM doll, they were so quick to sold out! So let's get the hunting begin....:dance

6. I said my collection is complete but after seeing the Immortality of Soul Grell Sutcliff teaser picture I'll probably have to add him to my crew :) If so, that's all I have plans for this coming year.

7. My plans for 2017 is first and foremost to fix my doll shelf, which has looked like crap for a while and is basically a dump for heaps of random doll stuff while my dolls are in their boxes from last convention.
      Hopefully, I'll manage before christmas, and then I'll just have to make it nice and tidy and proper place for everyone...
      ...since I'm expecting doll nr 6 in january! A Planetdoll Roseanne, who will shell Saga, the girlfriend of my youngest 1/4.
      I hope to be able to write more and take more pictures next year, too!

8. My plans for 2017

- Get more wigs and clothes
      - Get DDS Len Kagamine
      - Practise doing face-ups and get the proper equipment for it
      - Get a body for the floating head (or sell it)
      - Take more pictures pictures of my dolls and get better in photography

9. Well my wishlist is huge so I'm going to hope I can start chipping away on that haha.
      But there's at least one I want/need to order by February before she gets discontinued, the Dollshecraft Amanda Beauty.
      Besides that I need to start buying my dolls clothes +_+ I only have two dolls at the moment (halfway to getting my third) and they both only have one set of clothes. I want to buy a pair of eyes for my Iplehouse Akando Damien since his character has brown eyes instead of green and I actually want to make my Ipopodoll Ramiel Giovanni a new suit of armor.
      Once my David Kuncci gets here I want to try making a wig for the first time for him and see how that will work out. I also would like to buy some jointed hands for them and finally get a female doll so it's not such a sausage party XD
      Since I only work part time I should be able to buy one doll every two months but that's only if I save up all my money. So I'm not going to stress too terribly after I have my limited dolls and just spend my money on clothes and save up little by little every week.
      So highlights:
      -save up each week for new dolls
      -buy/make some new clothes
      -make at least one wig
      -try to suede one of my dolls to see if it helps him improve with posing (he has really heavy resin)
      -force myself to restring a doll for the first time since I'll have to eventually lol

10. My future plans right.... ?:P
      I plan on getting Volks DDS Hoshii Miki sometimes soon but i doubt it happen next year
      so maybe Shibuya Rin head and wig at least (considering limited ver still uses standard base body wich i have)

11. This thread is definitely one of my favorite pleasures in the hobby. Every year I just adore reading about everyone's plans while working on my own. It helps to keep me motivated and on task.:)

1. 2017 will finally be the year I move from collecting new resin onto journaling about their stories (adding photos and artwork to the beautiful leather-bound ChicSparrow journal I purchased especially for this purpose.) After a decade in the hobby, I finally feel it's time to get their stories down on paper in a creative way.

2. Finish paying off my three long-term layaways that carry over into 2017: a PeaksWoods Dotty Muse in green skin, an Aimerai Scraps Illusion fullset, and a Doll Chateau Luna in green skin. And then come to grips with the fact that my collection is finally complete and resist the urge to buy more resin!:thumbup

3. More sewing of course, although I plan to slow down a little from my complete sewing frenzie in 2016. Hopefully 2017 will be more about focusing on the occasional special outfit instead and not pushing myself so hard...I at least want to work towards that end. But I still have a couple of dolls that need complete wardrobes, so sewing for them will be a priority by necessity. And buying more shoes of course...my crew always needs more shoes!

4. I did formal DoA profiles for about half my crew in 2016, and I need to work on getting more done in 2017.

5. In an effort to finally complete my collection once and for all (while celebrating my 10 year anniversary in the hobby) I went a little overboard buying dolls this past year. Therefore I desperately need to finish face-ups, artwork and mods on any incomplete dolls still left over from 2016. This includes my Luts Pumpkin head lady, my 2nd Dollzone Anson, my Aileen Dolls dragon Rot, and my 2nd Luts Kid Delf 2010 Summery. Whew! That's quite a lot! And then finally there will be the faceup on one of my incoming layaways, Doll Chateau Luna.

#91 PoeticSoul, Nov 11, 2016
      Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    12. So far my plans are to finish the layaway I have with Denver Doll, I got a CreamSoda Lily through them and she's gonna be a confectionary mage called Millefeuille <3 Then I'm gonna put DC's new unicorn girl on layaway to be her familiar, I know I want to blush her to look like a fancy swirly meringue, but I'm not sure what to name her, but that can wait until she's finished I guess. Then I'll need to make the diorama for them, as well as do their faceups and blushing, and clothes and wig for Millefeuille. It's gonna be a busy year next year!

13. .Purchase a Minifee Chloe,though I may do this before the year is out.

.Have my incoming Dollzone The Moon customized.

.Have my Minifee Mio repainted.

.Purchase more clothing and accessories.

.Maybe start a BJD YouTube Channel.

14. In 2017, I'd like to

1. Finally learn how to do face-ups
      2. Build a light-box so I can take photos again. (My old house had huge windows. This place is very dark and it is difficult to get decent lighting.)
      3. Learn some sewing techniques for cute doll clothes. Like pin-tucks and flounces and such.
      4. Get out to a couple of local doll-meets.
      5. Make some time for the hobby. Other hobbies and real life have kept me very busy this year, and I miss my "doll time".

15. Two words: "Sewing" and "Photos".

I wound up getting TWO new dolls this year, one of which I hadn't even planned on. And bought a home. Sooooo, yeah, no new dolly purchases for a while.

This ALSO means, though, that my sewing to-do list is TERRIFYINGLY LONG, and only a few items on it are simple. Hell, if I only get 2-3 things on that list done, I'll be a happy camper. . .

16. Although I bought my grail doll a couple weeks ago, I'll be lucky to get him in 2017: Dollshe Grown Bermann. I have a name and character for him, but with the new Mystic body, I'll need to wait for him to arrive to start sewing. But, the rest of the crew needs their characters fleshed out, so to speak, and visual look refined. If that doesn't take up all year, then I'll move onto diaramas and furniture.

17. My plans keep changing faster than I change underwear but at the moment, my 2017 dolly plan consists of:
      • Completing a full character overhaul for one of my boy.
      • 'Dollify' two of my characters, but this depends on whether I can find the perfect sculpts.
      • Getting bodies for two of my floating heads, but this depends on whether money will fall from the sky.
      I also want a Soom Hyperon. (꒪⌓꒪)

*crawls back into my hole dragging my empty wallet*

18. Ah... :eusa_pray Hopefully at least one of these plans will be fulfilled :
      1. Get an Iplehouse EID Bichun,
      2. Get a BJDCrobi Rognikey (that if they re-release him again tho),
      3. Commission a mod & face up artist for my Ringdoll Pan,
      4. Get a Ringdoll RGM 03 body,
      5. Get a BJDCrobi B-Line Model body.

I have a load of other things I want, but I doubt I can get 2 from 5 above. :lol:
      Good luck for everyone's plan ! :whee:

19. I would very, very, very much like to complete my collection in 2017 with that Shirou Tachibana I've been lusting after for my entire time in this hobby. I don't know how I'm going to pull it off, but damn it all I'm going to try!

20. Well, I'm buying 2 dolls at the end of this week with paypal credit, so I'll be spending the next few months slowly paying that off, but once that's done, I plan on buying a Dollzone body for my floating head Flowne, and a Soul Doll Criss Angel. I'll also be sending ALL of those dolls out at some point to get face-ups and other customizations (Criss Angel and Flowne are going to be twins, so he'll need elf ears and they both need matching faceup and body blush).
      I'll also need to get clothes and wigs for all of them.
      Other than those, I don't have many other plans.