1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Plans 2017!

Sep 16, 2016

1. Embarrassing...:doh I think I've been saying the same thing since I started the hobby. So I'm going to change it up to say;
      I plan to continue to enjoy the hobby in 2017 which may or may not include:
      - Getting bodies for the ones that are sharing bodies
      - Getting better bodies for the ones have bodies
      - Getting more storage space
      - Improving display space
      - Thinning out my collection
      - Attending more doll shows & conventions
      - Buying more dolls, more eyes, more wigs, more clothes, just more...:chibi

2. I have a list! in no particular order:

The D&D crew:

Ming – coffee upper Dark Tan lower – Satyr/faun boy
      Hujoo Matthew
      Impldoll Trista – Coffee – Bariaur girl
      An – light tan
      Rong – white (purple blushing)
      Li – coffee – Yao body with White legs/hooves – Tiefling girl
      Song – Dark grey – Dark elf boy
      Xu – Coffee – Halfling boy
      Yao head, regular body – dark Purple – Half hag
      Bobobie Ariel – boy – green

Either Mei or Wu in blues, because blue heh.

OC shelling:

Souldoll soulkid Joelle - 47cm
      Souldoll Vito Lester – 52cm

Hope like heck Souldoll release a new vito boy who'll work to shell the third brother or I find the right head in the right scale elsewhere. Oooo such a search argh. I'm already going mad.

yeah.. it's a long list right?

I think this should be the "wishlist for 2017 -2018" because it's gonna take quuiiiite some time to save all this hah.

3. My first doll might not be here until 2017 :pout:
      bbuuuuuut

I have a Resinsoul Song/Li hybrid on the way. This year I will suede, body blush, give them a faceup, and sew a wardrobe.
      I hope to perfect some of the patterns I've been working on and maybe start selling pre-made doll clothes :3nodding:

Dolls I hope to buy this year include:
      - a Doll Leaves Jeremy
      - a Resinsoul deertaur
      - any doll chateau boy that enters my price range (they're just so cool :atremblin)

4. I have a ton of doll plans since 2017 is my last full year before going to college. I'm going to be working my way through college so, I can't guarantee that I will even be able to afford dolls for a while. I need to make this year count while I still have money. My full list in detail is on my profile so I can check things off as I go but here are the basics:
      -Finish shelling my current doll
      -Buy my doll heads bodies
      -Start and finish shelling my other dolls
      -Buy and shell one of my OCs into a doll (huge modding project).
      -Buy all of my dolls a few full outfits

Dolls that I am going to try and buy:
      -Dikadoll Mudan (grail doll)
      -Bobobie Isabella (Girlfriend for Castor)
      -Resinsoul Song (Because, why not? He's Beautiful)

5. I'd like to be able to buy a good sewing machine and learn how to use it:XD:, add a crafting/sewing section to my room to do doll related projects, and hopefully be able to buy one doll from my wishlist.

6. I really want to spoil the girls that I have! I have been learning to sew so it would be wonderful to be able to make outfits for them. I need to consolidate my collection now though, I had other dolly loves before BJDs, but I really only give my BJDs and DD's time nowadays, so I need to make some shelf space! All my dollies have bodies thankfully (except for event heads from FL) but otherwise I want to make sure I find them all the perfect wigs and the perfect eyes <3

7. I only joined this year, and what I really want is bodies for my two floating heads. I don't really want any more dolls, or at least, not any that currently exist (and hopefully it stays that way). But I keep changing my mind about what bodies to get. And I don't know if I'll be able to spend that much. Maybe just one body. I really want to start clothes. If I can't, I'll just finally finish their wigs and do my girl's faceup. I have a gift head to practice on.

#107 iamkathybrown, Dec 4, 2016
      Last edited: May 20, 2017
    8. I want to buy my first doll! I can't right now due to some situations, but hopefully I can by then~!!

9. I want to get my first SD in 2017 :)

10. Hopefully afford my first doll and be able to spoil them with wigs and clothing! Really looking forward to the crafting aspect of it.

11. Ah! 2017 will end of my year-long celebration of 10 years in this hobby.

2016 was a great year! Full of new found enthusiasm, and way too many dollies finding their way to my house. It was crazy, but so much fun!

For 2017, and the anniversary party officially over, I'm going to exercise some control and just enjoy all the new lovelies that have joined my troupe.

I do still have a couple of dolls that will arrive in 2017:

DZ 1/3 Minas Fullset in grey resin
      Peaks Wood 1/6 FOF Vampire Leo (girl)
      DF-H 1/6 Xia Ruo (girl)

I'm also thinking that I have a few dolls that I have not played with in ages. I think 2017 would be a good time to revisit my troupe and see who really needs to move on to a new home. (Of course, this probably won't happen because once i start handling a doll I remember why I fell in love with it in the first place, and I won't be able to let it go. :doh)

12. Hmm... Ni and Seimei both need new face-ups. Hadrian still needs his first one. I need to find a few bits and pieces for Nemissary (Namely, his "civilian" outfit's signature red scarf and sunshades-) and poor Huckleberry desperately needs a wig that actually fits his funky little head. (His current one only stays on by virtue of sheer luck, magnetic horns and a thick assembly of rubber bands. o_0)

Other than that? No solid plans, I'm afraid. I don't have any "must buys" in the doll department, outfits tend to be pretty spur-of-the-moment things and I have little storage space for more props or set-pieces.

I might finally get around to buying Infinity and Eternity (the pair of Cuarto dragons I've been pondering for the last year or so-), but given how long I've already put that off it's not a sure thing.

13. I'd love to save up and hopefully get another dolly off my wishlist in 2017! Probably Beyours Coconut <3 Improving on sewing and wig making are a few other goals for me along with overhauling my DZ Benjamin's character - that boy needs a new face up, new outfit, and new wig heh heh. My MerryDollRound Ophelia will also need a face up. Plenty to keep me actively in love with the hobby c:

14. I have lots of plans for 2017 as I just got into this hobby a few months ago!
      -My one girl is out now getting modded and getting a face, so I plan to get her back all nice and done!
      -Get a head for a Fairyline body that I bought (for a different head that I ended up not getting)
      -Get my MNF Celine from my preferred from DDE, I think she will be here sometime around Jan/Feb!
      -Dye the Sia Seahorse tail that I bought secondhand.
      -Get a MNF ShuShu! :love
      -Get more clothes for my girls!
      -Get some shoes! My girls have no shoes yet :doh
      -Get to know more people on here
      -Try to meet any people in my area (San Antonio) who are in this community as well!

15. I have a bunch of things I want to do in 2017 but the main ones are:
      - try my hand a making alpaca wigs, I ordered some fibers but they probably won't get to me until January.
      - Finish paying off Lucywen, she's on a 9 month layaway though.
      - if I have the funds, buy a Pukifee Crystal to go with the Luts tiny delf centaur body I'll be getting soon.
      - Sew more for my dolls.

16. For 2017, I'll have to clean up my bjd table which got cluttered in craft and art supplies so that I can get more 1/4 sized dolls. I'll also be practicing doing faceups and working on shelling a few more characters. Maybe some time down the year I'll find a sculpt that I can aim for as a grail doll. I've done a lot of looking, but nothing has really shook my mind in desperate want.

17. Astertea, I love the precious black bunny that is your avatar! He is so darling! :aheartbea Is he your pet?

18. He is! The pooping apple of my eye. (:I love him even though his fur ends up in my dolls' wigs.

19. Ooh boy. I want to try to keep my list relatively short this year so that I might actually get most of it accomplished... but I think I have a lot of lofty goals. I've actually been feeling inspired lately!

1.) I have several girls needing new faceups - Minifee Mirwen, Chloe and Rheia. So need to be not lazy and do that (of course it also needs to be not -40 in order to spray MSC)

2.) I also have several girls who need their first faceups - SoulDoll Junia (blushing of fantasy parts also required), F60 ID.1 head so I can finally decide if I'm keeping it or not, and my incoming Minifee Momo who just shipped today!

3.) Sewing. More and more sewing. I've actually done a bit for the Minifee the last couple months because they're the ones in the most desperate need of larger wardrobes. Now that I'm back into it and having some success I need to keep going!

4.) If we ever get the 3D printer we backed on Kickstarter I'd like to start designing and printing some props and accessories for the dolls. Also want to try my hand at some basic wood working for some simple furniture.

5.) Come up with a good storage/display solution for all the dolls. I have a doll/sewing room that's mostly organised as far as things go, but the dolls are just sort of scattered on every available surface. Need some wall shelves!

6.) More photography, of course.

7.) Shoes.

8.) May possibly switch the Minifee all to Mako eyes if I decide I'm not happy with the ones they have.

9.) Finish the alpaca wig project I started! Can't believe I almost forgot to list this...

10.) Try really hard not to buy anymore unplanned dolls since hubby and I want to buy a house within the next year. That said I would like to acquire my dream Dollfie Dream girl (Sasara) and possibly another Minifee or two. I've been wanting a Doll Chateau girl but since I can't seem to make up my mind which one/body/colour I want this won't be high priority.

Phew! That's a big list! T_T

20. Oh there's a lot on this list and I'm sure that even then I'm still missing a bunch.

1. Doing my first faceup ever for my blank Mystic Kids Evelyn (hope it won't be this cold for too long into the new year).
      2. Lots of sewing and stuff. I have a bunch of ideas for clothes for her so I need to get on that. It'll probably be easier once I get a sewing machine because everything is by hand for now.
      3. Building my collection of fabrics.
      4. Buying/making/finding/whatever my dream wig for that same doll.
      5. Organizing. Lots and lots of organizing the collections of doll stuff I'm going to be accumulating. Especially since we'll be moving states in the summer.
      6. Getting another doll. Not sure what yet- but I've been looking at Myou dolls.
      7. Sueding joints (might actually get around to that this year, not sure).
      8. Buying and collecting shoes.
      9. Amassing a collection of eyes (probably my favorite part of the dolls).
      10. Maybe doing some pictures at this forest trail in my town before we move? It's fun to walk anyway so I might as well use the chance to get some really good doll pictures once it warms up :)

That's all I can think of for now~