1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Plans 2018!

Dec 2, 2017

1. I have like minimum plan and maximum plan. Will see how year goes and how much money I will have.

Minimum
      1. Take some dolls (probably one or two) from home to Prague (I mostly live in Prague, but my dolls are in Kazakhstan) - DONE
      2. Change string (I am not sure how it's called) in Shu's body. Also his elbows are mixed up, so I want to fix it. - DONE
      3. Clean everyone - DONE
      4. Buy and glue new eyelashes to Marika - DONE
      5. Do a good team photo. I have zero
      6. Create good photos for Shu. He has only few. - DONE
      7. Practice photography with full body and posing.

Maximum
      8. Buy YOSD "tiny witch" (character for new story) - DONE
      9. Leave her for makeup, buy her proper wig, eyes and clothes. - DONE
      10. Start saving for Zaoll
      11. Buy lolita dress for Marika
      12. Buy BJD bed in Ikea
      13. Photoshoot Marika in ALL outfits she has
      14. Sell stuff I don't need

#241 amaya_bjd, Apr 23, 2018
      Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    2. My doll plans of 2018:

Sell my Iplehouse Amy Head
      Buy Iplehouse I head

Sew clothes for my Iplehouse girl.
      Make her diorama.

Find and buy a CP Soony
      Find and buy a Migidoll Miho head
      Find and buy a Ringdoll Zombie Sol

That's it. The rest of my dolly plans I'm saving for the future.

3. to do :
      • face & body up for nan
      • wig , eyes , & clothes for nan
      • backstory & better name for nan
      • find a head for floating body
      • face up & body up for pookie
      • wig & eyes for pookie
      • backstory & better name for pookie
      • design look for ox mo ( x2 )
      • face up & body up for ox mo ( x2 )
      • wig , eyes , & clothes for ox mo ( x2 )
      • backstory & better name for ox mo ( x2 )
      • sell mini dolls i don’t need
      — all dolls listed above are my first doll purchases and yet to come in .

awaiting :
      • dollzone’s msd 1/4 boy body
      • dollzone’s nan
      • withdoll’s space kid pookie
      • cf doll’s ox mo ( x2 )
      avoid :
      • more doll purchases ( here’s to hoping ! )
      • layaway purchases
      • buying things for my dolls before they get here

4. Belated quarter-year resume:

- get Mike shelled already FFS holy guacamole that guy is nothing but trouble be content with a sculpt already man. He's the last one missing for the main story crew, everyone is waiting for him and boy doesn't he know (and enjoy) it.

Done! Mike is home. All is well.

- dye Eun-A's body (and Sven's new hands that will get ordered soonish)

Done! Not the hands because I sort of changed my mind about them, but Eun-A has a body and clothes and all that. :)

- make more clothes for the boys

This is a "forever" project, but at least it's in progress.

- keep my "Sanity Projects" going. Instead of making big plans with a set goal, I've lately taken to just start something I can do in small steps whenever there's a bit of time, stuff that doesn't require much planning or thinking. I'd like to keep that up.

Like wigs, for instance. Or shoes. Doing pretty well on that front.

- if Mike consents to come home, get started on the main story ... hopefully.
      - And one more: Get started on doll profiles. Maybe I can persuade someone with a decent camera and some photo skillz to help me with doll profile pictures.

Neither of those have happened yet. For one thing he needs more stuff, for another I need more photo skillz. :sweat

5. Well so far I haven't really accomplished anything on my list.:sweat I have however been working toward a few things. I've figured out how to put together Leif's new clothing, I just need to find the right fabrics. Aspen still hasn't been happy in anything I've put on her aside from her temporary to protect modesty dress I put on her the day she arrived. She doesn't seem to care a whit that the pink dress isn't right for the world/story her and Leif are part of. I'm hoping that once I can finish her new wig she'll be more receptive to the things I had planned to make for her to wear.
      Valentine, Tori and Moss are still without their rooms and somehow I've managed to acquire yet another possible cage for Valentine's room, think I'm up to four now?:huh?:
      The doll family is still pretty crowded in their current spot and its about to get a tiny bit more so since I just made an unplanned dolly purchase, but in my defense he was on my wishlist for someday should I get the opportunity and I got a deal on him second hand and he should make it home within a week if all goes well.
      Impossible to shell demanding boys are still demanding and impossible but I will find them sooner or later. And the weather is starting to play nice so hopefully I can get to work on adding to Aspen's face up and maybe get a chance to do a face up and body blushing on my little darling that's on the way.
      So even if I don't manage to accomplish everything I think I have a decent chance to get some if not most of the things checked off before the year is over.

1. I have a full house here doll wise so:

SELL:
        Dolls - I have a few doll I can add for sale :-) - DONE added a couple (one body and one very unique doll ) but I might add a few more!
        Clothes
        Wigs
        Shoes - I have a lot of new in box doll heart shoes for MSD/mini size dolls that I never used - DONE added to marketplace

To Buy: maybe a new Volks SD release - Ordered the two new Unoa SD size girls! and just got the shipping notice they are on their way.

To Do:
        Organize - The above selling will help with organizing what remains.
        Sew some lovely things for my girls. - I did sew a couple of very cute mohair hats! still more in the works.
        Open my dolly shop for making dolls extra pretty!

6. To Do for 2018:

- Buy a body for Esme/Nyx
      - Make clothes for Esme
      - Work on making a magical staff for Esme
      - Decide on a name for incoming Iplehouse Leah
      - Make clothes for "Leah" when she arrives
      - Send "Leah" off for faceup
      - Buy or make a bow for "Leah"
      - Buy a 6-7 in. wig for "Leah"
      - Make some fairy props for Esme (fairy glitter jars, etc.)
      - Get Christina a pet!
      - Make props for Christina (teddy bear, etc.)
      - Take the dolls out for photos
      - Sell Kent and Isabella, pukifee faceplate, doll clothes

7. Congrats on the two Mo's! I'm also waiting on a Mo and a Dollzone body! My main goal this year is to get painting faceups and bodies. Anything else is going to be spontaneous... uh oh.

8. To do! For a newbie in 2018 ~

- Order first doll, check. Order second doll... check. Order third doll... oops. Also check.
      - Practice making basic clothes when Maji arrives
      - Buy faceup supplies and practice for when Bo arrives
      - First faceup, eep!
      - Lots and lots of planning for Link! For sure this year:
      • Modifications: eye well, magnets
      • Make first wig
      • Probably troubleshoot first wig and make a second
      • Either faceup or send him out for faceup depending on how well the first one goes on Bo
      • Make his basic shirt + pants
      • Plan out supplies needed for the rest of his outfits and accessories

9. Right... so coat still needs doing. Bloody hell I’ll just commission it at this point. Still needing faces are: Thanatos, Red, Mercy needs a touch up, Euphony, Cacophony, C. Wings for Azrael are done, mercy’s are getting done eventually, I hope... the DC order should come in soon... the next order I make is probably Dollmore, or AC to clothe the horde. In 2018, we complete more dolls, I say, while being completely non-productive.

10. To Do:
      • sewing Clothes
      • Finish Dollhouse for Yo-SD Dolls
      • take Photos of all Dolls and make an ordner (on pc) with Pic and name of doll
      To Buy:
      • Yo-SD Boy
      • perhaps a Minifee Chloe
      • Doll Shoes
      • Doll Clothes
      • Glasses for the Dolls

11. doll plans for 2018 :

-sell my lati yellow sophie strawberry cake.
      -sew more clothes
      -buy a bambicrony vanilla
      -buy a dear doll shabee dollmore
      -buy some shoes for her

and ... that's all for the moment lol

12. My Goal for 2018...

Do's:

- Modify my 3 Angels' dress so their wings can fit in. (1 out of 3 Completed)
      - Make some doll clothing and accessories for my twin dolls.
      - Do some doll cosplay for my dolls.
      - Do face up on 1 floating head.
      - Make mermaid tail for my filler doll. Still can't bare to part cos she is so pretty... T.T

Don'ts:

- Buy new dolls or body parts. Although my 2 floating heads are still floating.. :doh

13. ...well things sure have changed since i made this post! here's an updated list:
      • buy my first doll - done! i didn't end up with a bobobie sprite though, i saved up a bit more money and made a supiadoll/dollmore kid hybrid. i'm glad i decided to do this in the end, i've realised that i like more realistic (though still stylised) sculpts better.
      • start doing faceups! - haven't started yet, weather's been bad whenever i have the time
      and that's it for general goals! from here on out i'm going to be splitting things into what doll it's for.

Charlotte - Supia Hayul/Dollmore Kid
      • find the right head/body combo done! the head took a lot of searching - i went from a bobobie sprite, a resinsoul ju, withdoll cathy, minifee flam, and a kids-sky white crystal (and i actually ordered this one!) before i was able to settle on a supiadoll hayul. the body was pretty easy, i was originally going to go for resinsouls single jointed 1/4 body, but i wasn't sure about the thinness of the body so i went for the dollmore kid body instead! looking at her now, i don't think i could see the supia head on the resinsoul body!
      • mod on elf ears - done for now! they need more work, but i need a dremel to help with the carving for her inner ears.
      • make clothes and armor - i won't be doing anything with this until i restring her, it's hard to work when her chest keeps wanting to either slouch or bend right back.
      • make her sword, bow and arrows - still deciding what material to make these out of. thinking of having the sword 3d printed in shapeways clear blue resin.
      • wig - i've found that brushed out yarn that hasn't been straightened has a pretty good texture, so i'll be making her wig out of that. i don't think it will be her main wig though, i'll probably commission someone eventually.
      • jointed hands - i'm gonna need these if i want to make some actual gloves! i don't i'll getting them for awhile though.
      • mod body shorter - she's standing at 42cms right now, i'll probably only take her down to 39/40cms.
      Lilith - Loongsoul Ghost Jing
      • buy the doll - still saving up!
      • find the right wig - still looking, there was this one monique gold wig that was nice though.
      • clothes - she's a slim mini and has a pretty conventional fashion sense so i can't imagine this will be too hard!
      • mods - i need to close her mouth, give her some cute little goblin ears and maybe open her eyes. the eyes might be fine in person, but they seem a little too closed to work for Lilith in pictures.
      Tetra - Resinsoul Mai/MYOUDoll body
      • buy body - did this a month ago!
      • buy head - i'll be waiting until i get ghost jing before i get it. resinsouls wait time is pretty short, so i'll get the stuff that takes longer first.
      • mod on horns - thinking of using magnets, but the horns might be too small for that to work.
      • figure out clothing - i've always drawn this character naked, but i don't want naked dolls so she's gonna have to get a wardrobe. i'm thinking some sort of uniform?
      that's about all i can think of for now! and yes, i've got plans for 3 dolls. why do i do this to my wallet?

14. Well after just returnign to the hobby I have a whole list of things that eed to be done, don't think I'll manage to do all in 2018.

To do:
      -Practice with doing face- ups again
      -Give Napolionette a face up (+ body blushing)
      - Give Cerberus a face up (+ body blushing)
      - Finish paiting horns of Cerberus and the Countess
      - Remove old face up from the Countess and give her a new one (+body blushing)
      - Clean Chessmess
      - Remove old face up from Grendell and give her a new one
      - Start sewing doll clothes again (starting with something for Necrosomnia)
      - Buying islanddoll vivian head
      - Finding and buying a body that I could match the vivian head to
      - Buying a mohair wig for vivian
      - Planning wigs and clothing for a new future peakswoods doll that will be my Alice
      - Most importantly my 2018 goal:Not buying more dolls (except the vivian) untill I finish all the other dolls and finish my study's!

15. 1. sell all of my 1/4 dolls and everything since I decided to go to 1/3
      2. buy 1/3 dolls since I like that size now
      3. have a smaller collection and keep it at 6 dolls or under

16. I guess it's time for an update since I have more concrete plans now that summer is here and that means it's face-up season.

One of my plans was to just buy bodies this year, and I have to say I have failed spectacularly. I have bought a couple of bodies, but I also have purchased one full doll (but in my defense, it's super tiny). I also have plans to buy two more heads though one of them might have to wait until early next year as I really do want to finish getting bodies! One of them will be a secondary head for one of my dolls who gets scarring on his face during the stories I'm writing, so I want one head to show the scar and the other to be before the scar, and that's the one that can wait for a little while. The other will be for a character that I've decided is going to play a bigger part than I originally planned, so shelling him makes sense-- and the head I want for him just went on sale so I've decided he'll be ordered soon.

I have four dolls who need their face-ups redone. One of them has a nasty scratch from his glasses down the side of his face. It didn't damage the resin, but it's very visible on the face-up. One of them is chipping because I sprayed last year when it was maybe a little too chilly to spray yet. And two others are done in my old style and could benefit from an update!

I have seven who need their first face-ups done. This is not counting an incoming doll and one that I plan to order soon. They *should* make it here before October, so the count will probably go up to nine.

I have one doll that needs to jump in the dye vat, and another body arriving soon that will need the same treatment. Neither of them will be ready to be dyed until after I finish their mods, which with arthritis, is not an easy feat, but I've started. A little at a time will get it done!

And speaking of mods, I finally counted how many elf ear mods I need to do, counting the incoming doll and the one I plan to order soon. There are 22. My aim is to get half of them done before the end of the year.

I have three wigs to make, and I'm sure I'll come up with reasons to make more.

In addition to all this, I'm continuing with my character of the week thing, which sometimes includes a doll. Each week, I'm focusing on a different character to write about, draw, and in the case of doll characters - do photoshoots, sew, and/or work on them. I've been having fun with it so far this year!

17. ]
      PLANS?:
      -pay off Daish
      -pay off Faline parts decided against her won't spend this money and im not too fussed on anthro's anyhow
      - nYID Oscar sometime around end of year... Christmas sale maybe?
      - any bodies I can manage without $$problems.
      -hope for a BID or KID "BOY"
      -keep hunting missing outfits on 2nd hand markets (any not just here)

did pick up a limited FIDw 'beauty dress' would be nice to get the 'beast set' beu won't panic. Iple got me again with 'boots but my main stock of regency day boots for the boys is nearly done now.

18. Doll squad plans 2k18 be like:

- When will my Doll Leaves body return from the war…
      - Make a pretty beaded shawl for Lyra when her body arrives. And a dress! And arm warmers! Jewelry! Stuff!
      - Maybe sell Lyric’s mnf a-line body, or sell Lyric altogether and bring home a pretty SD girl.
      - New faceups galore. The squad is starting to look a little beaten up, I'm tired of fixing their oopses and boo-boos, so I’d like to just splurge on having an artist give em a good makeover.
      - Buy new strings and a nice new wig for Niall. Make a proper scarf for him. Make his staff. Poor old boy needs to shine!
      - Be glad that I finished Edalie last year~~~
      - Take more photos of everyone! Share them! Make profiles!
      - Be less private about my dolls and participate more openly in the hobby! :D

It shouldn't be too hard to achieve most of these! I'm a little worried about the faceup situation, though, so that may end up being a 'maybe next year' goal.

#259 cocobeef, May 12, 2018
      Last edited: May 13, 2018
    19. My doll plans for 2018:

- all dolls are already paid off :3nodding:
      - getting the perfect Samurai/Ninja outfit for my SDgr
      - maaaybe getting a different face up for my iplehouse boy to come
      - finding the perfect wig for my SDgr

Mh, these are currently my only plans for this year. Tbh most of my purchases are rather spontaneously so who knows which outfits I'm gonna find in the aftermarket. But I know that I won't buy any more bjds this year (uhum I already bought three <.<)!