1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Plans 2018!

Dec 2, 2017

1. To do:
      Make my doll 2 outfits one for summer and fall.
      Downsize my non BJD dolls
      Buy shoes for my doll

2. My collection grew unintentionally exponentially in 2017 so I wanna slowwwwww dowwwwwn with buying dolls and parts hahaa.

For 2018, I hope to find the things I have current WTB threads up for, so 1 full mini-size doll and some various parts.
      I've gotten bodies for almost all my heads at this point, and the two floaters remaining will be sharing other bodies.

I think I'm gonna be parting with one of my 1/3 floaters cause I just can't see myself ever making his giant hybrid body work (key words: hound of gloom centaur).

I guess I'm always open to more small creature dolls. We shall see... But yah I really need to stop buying doll stuff and save up for other things...

3. To do:
      -Pay off my layaways
      -Get a body for my Megu head
      -Clean the wig box
      -New faceup for Ren (choosing the artist for that is so hard!)
      -Make burrito wraps for all of the little dolls
      -Get back into sewing in general (I need to make hats).

Not to do in 2018: IMPULSE BUYING!

4. In 2018, I hope to manage at the very least to put a head the body, learn assorted basic doll maintenance skills, and make her a simple wardrobe and accessories.

My pie-in-the-sky plan, however, is to acquire the materials and skills to make a MSD-scale thread-bound version of the Silmarillion, complete with gilt (p)leather cover; possibly even some illustrations and illumination if I can swing it. Granted, the body of text is likely to just be shrunk-down lorem ipsum in a tengwar font, but the title on the cover and spine will be proper Quenya.

5. Ugh, just about the only thing from my 2017 list which I did accomplish was giving everyone new faceups... And everyone does have at least one full set of clothes, but two of them were bought rather than made. So, for 2018...

1. Try making eyes
      2. Try dying fiber for a wig
      3. Make sure everyone has at least one pair of shoes, now that they have body coverings
      4. Finish one of the cosplays I've been talking about for months... I have a whole list and even started a project journal for one, but haven't followed through
      5. Make a sofa for the big dolls
      6. A tiny tea room diorama
      7. Learn to use my camera properly
      8. Take Millicka Jade out for a photoshoot (will need a carrying case)

6. My plans are pretty similar to everybody's here too! But there's a lot of crafting I want to try!

To Do:
      • Make a new wig for Lili
      • Try hot glue sueding Lili's mirodoll body joints
      • Try making Lili some eyes
      • Make some more shoes for Lili
      • Make incoming Elf Ben a little diorama

To Buy:
      • Dolls on my wish list, if I stumble across them.

To NOT Do:
      • Impulse buying!

7. To Do...

Pay off layaway for my dollzone yo Ginny.

To find clothes and shoes for her.

To find a name for her.

To a build a diaram room for her.

8. To do:
      - Figure out how to make wigs! Seriously, I have all this hair and no way to put it on heads. I need to work on that.
      - Since it looks like I'm gonna have a total of three (three!) dolls by the time the year is out, everybody needs to get a) proper eyes, b) proper hair, and c) Something to wear.
      - On that note: get better at sewing. It's been ages since I did anything beyond basic mending.
      - Crochet some tiny winter gear, too! It's awfully cold here...
      - Find a place in my tiny room to actually display my girls so they don't have to be boxed all the time.
      - Make/acquire a carrier so we're not so housebound!
      - Get better at taking photos in general.

To buy:
      - Shoes!
      - Inevitably I will probably buy more dolls and doll stuff than I expect to, so this is mostly a plea for me to stay within my means.

To Not do:
      - Buy things I really can't afford to, both spacewise and moneywise! (No SDs! No matter how cheap they are secondhand and how sorry you feel for them! They're just too big! No high-end MSDs either! You're a budget collector, y'know! Cherish the dolls you have!)

9. Is it already that time again for me to make the list of rules I'm going to break? XD

-Do Alyssabeth's faceup and buy/make clothing for her
      -Finish arranging/cleaning out/reworking the doll room.
      -Acquire a baby for Lakin and Kirsten, then do everything for it
      -Go through everybody's wardrobe, and sell unused things, and buy/make anything needed

No more dolls planned at this time, but I already know I probably won't stick o that plan, so maybe another 1/3 girl or attempt a conjoined twins mod project. I've wanted to try this project for a long time, but always had other priorities. Maybe it's time to try!

10. I'm planning to buy my first Mini Dollfie Dream in 2018! I've been on a doll hiatus for a few years now, and in that time I came to the conclusion that resin dolls are not for me. I'm very excited about this, as I've always wanted a Volks doll, I just never thought it would be a DD!

Maybe I'll try my hand at photography, too.

So, my plans for 2018:
      [x] Buy doll!
      [x] Complete one outfit.

[] Decide on name.
      [] Round out character development.

#30 Selenae, Dec 3, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    11. To do-
      -Sell the doll I have listed on the Marketplace- Done!
      -Decide whether to sell the two floating heads or find bodies for them.
      (At least one will be getting a body)
      -Finish the cosplay project I started
      -Get better eyes for the 5 dolls who need them. Ordered 3, plus 1 for an incoming doll.
      (Now I only need eyes for 1!)
      -Get wigs for the three or four dolls that need better ones.
      -Decide whether to keep or sell the two I'm not in love with
      (Decided to sell them) Sold!

Ongoing
      -Do face-ups on more of the blank dolls
      -Make everybody more clothes
      -Make more furniture
      -Keep writing the stories about them

Hopefully-
      -Buy parts for planned hybrid
      (Ordered two new dolls instead, oops.)

Avoid-
      Buying more unplanned dolls! Failed, 30cm Granado Lucifer awaited! And received him.

#31 Leo Pheonix, Dec 3, 2017
      Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    12. Shopping List:

- C̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶2̶ ̶p̶o̶p̶o̶ ̶b̶o̶d̶i̶e̶s̶.̶
      (Bought 1 popo68 and 1 popo70, 2 HDA65, 1 SD13)

- Still waiting for a Ryuzo head from the switch, if possible... to pair with my Doha
      (No Ryozo due to lack of luck on raffle draw)

- B̶u̶y̶ ̶S̶N̶G̶ ̶b̶o̶d̶y̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶P̶a̶v̶i̶a̶n̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶d̶
      (Done)

- Buy Volks FCS F-65
      (Move to 2019 Plan)

Projects:

- Cos Ray & Camile from Auto World:whee:
      (Done)

- Cos Juniku from Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires
      (Done)

#32 natsu82, Dec 3, 2017
      Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    13. My plans so far for 2018 are:
      - Buying a new body for Flora!
      - New camera for better photo shoots!
      - New props for photo shoots that I have in mind!
      - A proper anniversary photo shoot in the spring for Flora!
      - Buying another doll or two since I only have one doll!

14. Most of it doesn't sound like much, but can take up a lot of time when spread out with other things to do!

-Make a wig for my future Hound
      -Learn how to make my own clothing patterns
      -Learn and potentially master how to make eyes so I can help people with woes similar to mine find the exact shade they need for eyes
      -Learn how to be patient with Dollshe wait times :sweat
      -Make myself a little studio to get more use out of my camera
      -Completely clean and suede both my boys
      -Finally find a suitable type of alcohol to start practicing and wiping faceups
      -Find anyone in my country who's as into dolls as I am

I'm hoping I can get an early start with some of these, but we'll only see when it's time :)

15. I don't really have that many plans left, but:
      - get Mike shelled already FFS holy guacamole that guy is nothing but trouble be content with a sculpt already man. :roar He's the last one missing for the main story crew, everyone is waiting for him and boy doesn't he know (and enjoy) it.
      - dye Eun-A's body (and Sven's new hands that will get ordered soonish)
      - make more clothes for the boys
      - keep my "Sanity Projects" going. Instead of making big plans with a set goal, I've lately taken to just start something I can do in small steps whenever there's a bit of time, stuff that doesn't require much planning or thinking. I'd like to keep that up.
      - if Mike consents to come home, get started on the main story ... hopefully.

16. Wow, 2017 has gone by like...nothing. So let's face 2018:

- Continue to work on Raphael's Gothic plate armour. Before that, finish his horse's armour.
      - Finish the modding of the fantasy parts (wings, legs, horns...) & painting them to match the characters
      - Finish the modding of the Impldoll elbow joints
      - Modify Thor's arm armour (necessary, because he now has really strong arms)
      - Paint the Iron Man armour
      - Make a business outfit for Pepper Potts (maybe also an armour for her, but that may have to wait)
      - Maybe start with Diana Prince (Wonder Woman), sometimes sew a grand ball gown
      - Make leisure outfits for some guys (Cap, Hawkeye...)

I also need to sort my doll supplies and all the stuff I made for them, as I will be getting my own doll room. And we will start with the makeover of our barn. So with a very big maybe, my diorama project for my Impldoll Idol boys can start as well.

And then there are some things I would like to have, such as a folding caravan for my big boys...but that may be a bit too much for next year.

And I want to bring myself to redo some of the guys' faceups. But right now, this is really horrifying, I have to be in the right mood for this.

17. My 2018 plans are:
      • Learn to do face-ups
      • Do face-ups for my two blank dolls Mina (Bluefairy TF Xiao) and Marie (Volks MSD Yuni)
      • Face-ups for some dolls where the default face-up has faded: Edwina (Bluefairy TF Jasmine), Remy (Bluefairy TF Louis WS) and Lawrence (Bluefairy TF Jerome WS)
      • Set up a photo-box so I can take more pictures
      • Do some profiles! I don't know how I missed that section being added!
      • Design and sew a couple of outfits

18. For this coming year i hope ill have time to so some paint jobs!! I have a couple of dolls left nude! Hoping to find the time! I also want to really go into making accessories and clothes for bjds but i think that has to wait till i finally graduate from university (around 2019)!!!

Im trying to get all my dolly wishlist as well!! Hoping for a great 2018!! XD

Good luck to everyone and their resolutions and goals!! ♡

19. I’m trying to keep my plans for 2018 nice and simple.

- Save up for Souldoll Chantal
      - Get back to sewing outfits for dolls
      - Sell items I’m no longer using nor want to keep.
      - Get faceup for one of my floating heads.

That’s it! Keeping it simple this year! :)

20. After looking over my 2017 plans (which mostly failed) I am ready to start anew!

* I got a sewing machine, so I will finally make some clothes. Just in time, because...

* I am going to finally get my girl's body! There is a sale going on, and I think I can squeak it just in time. Which is good because this body's not cheap. And once I get that...

* I can save for one more body and complete my collection! His body is way cheaper and should be easier to save for. And with no more doll purchases...

* Faceup supplies should be easy to save for. I can finally get everyone looking as they should. Hopefully I be able to finally work up the courage to wipe Elliot.

Also, maybe a camera? Could be nice. Hopefully, no new dolls catch my attention and no expensive things need to be purchased. But I broke my no new dolls rule twice last year. I have a good feeling this time though.