1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Plans 2018!

Dec 2, 2017

1. I would like to take more pictures of my dolls in 2018. I have some new backdrops and a better setup for photoshoots now :) I would also like to try Monique Gold wigs for Yasu, Alistair, and Asriel.

• Make more outfits both casual and in character for Caspar.
      • Make more outfits both casual and in character for Callista.
      • Buy Callista her wings.
      • Make Caspar's traveling quilt.
      • Buy Caspar shoes.
      • Do photoshoots and photostories with both dolls.
      • Buy eyes for Crobi.
      And lastly because I'm going to be really ambitious by putting this on the list too...
      • Save up for and buy a body for Crobi.

#42 Myths and Magic, Dec 3, 2017
      Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    2. By next year I want to be putting in a giant dc/dz order, for
      -dc Zenobia, tan, faceup
      -dc y-06 nsp
      -dc a-03 ws
      -dz gene body

This will get a binch of my major characters shelled. Beyond that, I need faceups for:
      -lucifer
      -Thanatos
      -red
      -miracle
      -presumably Azrael by that point
      -Euphony
      -C, if her character sticks
      -ray
      -Jo

And I need to finish crafting
      -jo’s Coat
      -fierene’s dragon
      -wings for 90% of my cast

Hopefully that big resin order makes up my only resin purchases that year, but what are the odds...

• Number one goal:
        • Buy my first doll!
      • Assorted other ones:
        • Get good at sewing
        • Learn to make eyes
        • Learn to make wigs? not sure about this one, not a high priority
        • Get a desk for all my crafting stuff
      That's all I can think of for now. :XD:

3. On my 2018 doll to do list, finishing all my current dolls wigs and faceups is definitely at the top! I must also work on sewing them more clothes too! ;-;
      I need to buy pretty much everyone in my crew new eyes... and shoes. Possibly some clothes that I can't sew myself as well.
      The only dolls I plan on getting in 2018 are 3 bodies for some of my floating heads and some tiny pet dolls I've been wanting to get for a while now.

4. I hope to play more with the dolls I have, take more photographs & sell more dolls & clothes.

The only future purchases I'm interested in is a Fairyland Little Fee Chloe & possibly a Little Fee elf El. I'm kind of stuck on them ever since I got Ante.

Speaking of whom, I hope to continue to spoil her rotten. A few more pairs of shoes, some tights, socks, jeans & leggings are what she really needs. Also there are 2 wigs I want for her. And possibly some green eyes. She's a demanding little soul. Of course Chloe will share in the bounty when I get her.

But really my plans are to spend more time with my doll friends both online & off. Everything's more fun when you share.

5. I've got quite a few things on my wishlist!
      • Buy my first doll (Bobobie Sprite)
      • Start doing faceups! (hopefully my years of 3D sculpting and texturing will help me here)
      • Make her clothes and armour
      • Make her sword, bow and arrows, and maybe a little display base?
      • Maybe make her a wig?? If I can find an already made wig that would be better
      • Figure out how to make tiny MSD sized gloves
      • Mod a Resinsoul body to be the right height (35-ish cms? I want the top of her head to reach the shoulders)
      It's gonna be a fun year, that's for sure! I'm excited to get started!

6. Even though I totally failed at my 2017 list, I feel compelled to write out another one for 2018:

To Do:
      * Sew at least one new outfit for each doll
      * Repair work on the "rescue" doll: new faceup, wig, re-string - DONE
      * Take more photos; be willing to post them
      * Put all doll measurements into phone so I have it handy if there's a great opportunity to buy accessories for them

To Buy:
      * There are three dolls on my wishlist - one hasn't been released yet, and the other two aren't very pricey, so I'd like to bring them all home - Partial
      * One more The Addiction fullset outfit for my IH Lisa doll - DONE
      * At least one pair of shoes for each doll - Partial

To NOT Do:
      * Fall for any more dolls that need to be rescued! - DONE

#48 DollSewist, Dec 4, 2017
      Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    7. I haven't done a plan for my doll year before, but have enjoyed reading others, and it seems like a good idea to get me on track!

To Do:

• Continue paring down my collection until I am left with only "favourites" as storage is an issue (ideally four full dolls, max four floating heads)
      • Work on my doll photography, I am hopeless at it, and having been in the hobby for around 10 years now, it feels like I ought to at least be able to reliably take a nice portrait!
      • Start doing project journals for my sewing, I really enjoy documenting my little projects but haven't done so for ages

To Buy:
      • I need to put together a custom size DollBakery group order, this is my priority for 2018
      • Finish layaways
      • Get face-ups for the blank ladies
      • Shoes shoes shoes for Bambi

To NOT Do:
      • Buy any further dolls other than those already committed to
      • Buy any more doll related fabric, I have four massive clip lock tubs full of doll specific material that needs using up

8. - Doll head pre-order in January
      - Resin soul Mi

I would add getting bodies for a floating head that's on it's way and the one in January but not sure if it'll happen!

9. My goals for 2018 are:
      - finish sewing wardrobe for both dolls
      - only purchases will be for props [fingers crossed]
      - at least 1 big outdoor photo shoot done
      - finish editing story

I can't wait!!!!

10. My big thing this year is to NOT buy anymore floating heads. My plans are to finish the dolls I have, which includes buying some bodies, doing some mods, doing LOTS of body blushing as well as a few face-ups, and paying off layaways for my last orders of the year. Some dolls need more than others, but the plan is to have them all 'done' by the end of 2018.

Another thing I plan on doing is a weekly character thing, where I'll focus on one character from my stories each week and write about them, draw them, and, in the case of shelled characters, take photos of the doll shelling them. Also in writing, I need to edit two novels that have characters that I've shelled featured in them, so I'll be quite busy.

11. That's so cool! I would love to see that!

Here's my plan for 2018:

I need to do:
      • Sell my Ringdoll K and Kane heads.
      • Make wigs for Lance, Galadon, and “Akasha”.
      • Make a hand-held harp for Galadon.
      • Work on Galadon’s face-up.
      • Suede all my dolls.
      • Learn how to make resin eyes.
      • Attend the Doll North Convention.
      • Attend a local bjd meet.

I need to buy:
      • Buy my grail: a Volks Williams Romantic Glance Ver.
      • Buy my first Dollfie Dream: a Volks DD Mayu. **maybe**
      • Buy some wig fibres and suede.
      • Commission someone to make a “Iason Mink” cosplay for Galadon.

I absolutely need to avoid:
      • Buy dolls that are outside of my current wish list.

• Focus on paying off my final big layaway from 2017.:chomp: (Darn you Luts for creating an instant limited Grail for your December winter event!!!) And then my last remaining Grail (a Volks sleeping SD10 4-sisters) suddenly popped up in the marketplace at the beginning of the year, so I jumped at the chance to put her on layaway too. So yeah, paying off these two grails is absolute priority #1 in 2018.
      • And then...I've promised myself absolutely no more resin purchases in 2018! If they aren't on a layaway plan by now, there's simply no room for them.
      • Start journaling about my collection in the beautiful leather-bound ChicSparrow journal I purchased especially for this purpose. After 11 years in the hobby, I finally feel it's time to start getting their stories, photos and information down on paper in a cohesive and creative way.
      • Add more of my dolly profiles here on DoA!
      • Make a start on sewing a special fantasy-based wardrobe for my incoming Luts Grail doll and his consort, Second-hand Rose.
      • Finally decide on a character and complete the face-up and artwork for my one remaining blank doll...a Doll Chateau Bella on their extended joints body. I adore her sculpt/body combination so much! But the possibilities are truly endless for this girl, which is why I'm having so much trouble deciding what to do with her.
      • Decide on a character and a name for my incoming Volks Grail girl (I never thought I'd actually find one, so I'm totally unprepared!):XD: Decide on a wig and eyes for her, and start working on pulling together a wardrobe for her once I've finally determined her style. And create an appropriate display space for her as well.
      • Complete my newly acquired Volks SDC's face-up. Come up with a name and character for her, and then decide on a style for her wardrobe.
      • Recreate Murphy's tattoos on her new body.
      • Refine and spring clean all my doll displays!
      So much to get done this year...wow!:ablink:

#54 PoeticSoul, Dec 4, 2017
      Last edited: May 29, 2018
      • Buy clothes and a wig for Stardust
      • Make a video or take pictures of opening her since she’ll be MY first unboxing and ownership of a bjd since I’m gonna give the other doll to my friend
      • Find a pen pal for her so she won’t be lonely, if she wants one that is
      • Make some photostories of her
      • Do some really nice photo shoots
      • Make a doll profile for her
      • Pretty much center my life around her XD
      • Get her a puppy for Christmas

12. Oh good….it’s time for me to make a list of things I will do the opposite of, or flat-out ignore next year. As usual, it’s a novel. I have a lot of things to not do. (Edits in red)

Waiting
      Rumpeldoll Morfeo head (to be Man-Bat) Shipped!
      Impldoll Star Man body (for Granado Jupiter head. OC) ARRIVED now I have him to work on
      Ringdoll K heads and parts (More John because he needs all the heads) Shipped!!
      Dollshe Classic Fresh

Need/Want to purchase at some point (NEXT YEAR)
      Body for Morfeo head
      Body for IOS Jaguar and Chaos heads
      Dollmore Fashion Doll Essex
      Body for Ringdoll Norman head
      Pale/WS Dollshe Saint head so MM can have a second look
      Chris Pine MNM which doesn’t exist but is only wishlist anyway
      Added--
      LTF Lewi

Dollmore Glamor model body or full doll in WS
      Body for Ringdoll SenKai head

The body for the Morfeo had is complicated as I’d like to get him a Dollshe body…and I have another head whose body isn’t as right as I’d like it. So, for Morfeo, I would want a Oriental Pure or Classic. The other head is on an Oriental Classic, but I’d really like a fresh color. So if I can get a Fresh Classic body, I’ll switch them and that would work. Or I need a Pure oriental so I can switch legs. That’s the plan. It’s a good plan. Other than the having to spend money part of it.
      Got a body coming in. Problem solved.

The two IOS heads are the same person and will share, I’m looking at a Mirodoll 70 cm because I need something skinny with big shoulders and so far it’s fitting the bill.

No idea what I want for my RD Norman. Something that fits his clothes so I don’t have to buy a $200 suit again.

In theory, that should be all I need to buy. I have one more (non-OC) character I wouldn’t mind owning as a doll, just in case I feel the need to buy a new doll…but that’s about it. So the head I wanted for this character became available to me, and I grabbed him. So...I need another body, but half my actual doll wishlist has been attained XD

I also received an amazing gift from Ringdoll - A SenKai head! He needs a body now too.

Also need some more clothes, shoes especially for certain dolls. And eyes for John that are proving to be impossible to find so I may have to learn how to make them. Bought some, we'll see how I like them.

Eyes for other dolls too. Eyes for everyone.

Space. I have none. I need to do one of two things:
      Rearrange so I have more space for the dolls.
      Sell more.

I’m currently not thrilled with a bunch of my older dolls and I’m really leaning toward selling some of them. But since they’re older I can’t get them back if they’re gone and I regret it…so I’ve been not doing it. This needs to be finally resolved this year. Also I have to decide what to do about my Minis. I never touch them anymore. I might need to move to SD size only in the next year…or at least several of them on.

Already starting this list.

Dolls I need to finish. Here is a list. It’s long.
      Dollmore Jeremy
      finally have a plan for him. But it includes dye and I’ve never dyed a doll before. Also have to buy an Essex to go with him.
      Dollzone Hermit No idea.
      Serenade Doll Rabbit Also no idea.
      Ringdoll Julia on a Dollmore EVE body I know what I’m doing with her, just have to start. And finish.
      Mushroom Peddlar Magic Almost done. I just have to get motivated. Or possibly start over. One of the two.
      Luts Pumpkin head He’s on my DC K11 body. I’m actually debating giving him Hermits body and calling it a day.
      5-Star Aiden Chibi Hellboy. I just have to actually do him.
      LTF Luna Chibi Moon Knight. Also just have to do him.
      LTF RF Chibi Deadpool. Same as above, but also he has to be fixed so the FP stays on because Fairyland.
      Nyxy’s Creations Luna to be Chibi Man-Bat but I have to blush him
      Granado Jupiter on Impldoll Star Man body He's an OC and i have to blush his head to match his body and figure out how to give him a beard and he needs clothes cause he's big and fits in nothing.

These are dolls who are literally blank and I have done nothing with. Yep.

Dolls that need updating
      John Constantine – new faceup, new hair.
      A lot of my other dolls
      Many many hands and feet that need blushing

As of today I had this crazy idea for two of my Unoa’s I was previously thinking of selling. Now I want to just remake them into other OCs. This did not work out.

Mods I need to do
      Ringdoll Project head –started, never finished. I have been working on this since the weather doesn't allow faceups or other sealant-related work. I'm almost done!! Except I'm nearly at the part where I'll have to work on his faceup. Sigh. Also he'll need a body. omg.
      Eye beveling of Granado heads so you can see their eyes
      Chibi Deadpool
      Ringdoll heads when they come in – one eye opening, one possible closing
      Possible neck mod for my Ringdoll Raven hybrid
      Who knows what else

Superheroes/Villians who need their costumes (forgot a few omg)
      Batman (cape and cowl only. I don't know how to do it. I'm kind of at a loss)
      Catwoman
      Moon Knight (regular costume)
      Chibi Moon Knight
      Chibi Deadpool
      Chibi Hellboy
      Harley Quinn who would like her classic costume
      Dr. Strange (finally)
      Poison Ivy
      Two-Face
      The Riddler - just a mask

Things I might need to learn how to do
      Make resin eyes
      Make boots
      Closing doll eyes
      Make props
      Make backgrounds
      Make furniture
      Better hard cap wigs
      Leather molding
      All the things apparently.

What I need to do instead of getting more dolls
      Finish the ones I have
      Make the stuff
      Better and more photos of all the dolls so I can maybe do that profile thing
      Organize doll stuff (LOL)
      Pretty much everything
      Make more lists in an attempt to pretend I’m doing something when really I’m just procrastinating on doing the thing.

#56 VampireAngel13, Dec 4, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    13. My dolly plans for 2018 :

- Try not to buy too many dolls xD I would like to get a Pukifee (maybe. It will mostly depend on the event heads ^^) and dolls from my favourite company / from my wishlist. I will probably buy something else too though, especially if I really like a new limited release ^^' But I'll need to save for the custom fees for my Venitu (when he'll be shipped, hopefully that will take a few months) and then I'll need to save for LDoll...So I'll try to be reasonable ^^

- Get more clothes for my dolls, especially my MSD girls and my SD boys. They have almost nothing to wear now...

- Get a nice wig for all (most?) of my dolls who don't have their permanent wig yet.

- Buy some mako eyes for my SD boys. I know there are so many different eyes but Mako are my favourite ^^ And new eyes for my Unoa, I'd like handmade urethane eyes but I will wait until LDoll to buy some.

- I would like all my bjds to have at least one pair of shoes. (except for one who has an odd size, and finding shoes for her is very hard).

Basically... Spend less for dolls and more for doll clothes ^^

Apart from that :

- I would like to sew more stuff for my dolls. I can knit and crochet but I'm terrible at sewing, so it would be great to be able to sew at least something like a skirt for my MSD girls.

- I would love to start sculpting a doll head. I probably won't do it this year though, but I'd like to at least have an idea / a rough draft on paper about how it would look like.

- I'd also love to improve my doll photography skills. I feel like my photos aren't too bad (apart from the fact that they're taken from my phone), but not good either.

- Maybe try to create a character for some of my dolls ? It's not likely to happen but it would be cool xD

- And finally, not directly (or only) bjd related but I really should film more doll videos to put on my Youtube channel.

• New face ups, clothes and wigs for my 3 Notdoll Girls
      • Face up and Body blushing for my Souldoll Paw
      • Body blushing for my Dika Doll Zombie
      • Face up, Outfit, wig and shoes for Luts MDF Bory
      • Dress for my Light Limner Kiera
      • Outfit for Soom Corun
      • Definitely need to buy more shoes, wigs and accessoiries.
      • Buy more Doll stands
      • Get some more display cases for my Dolls
      • buy more backdrops
      • Take more doll Pictures!
      • Buy less Dolls :)

Dolls i want to buy in 2018

• Dollzone Gene - already started a Layaway!
      • Spirit Doll Ulmus
      • Doll Family H Gabriel
      • Doll Chateau Oswald

#58 Skylla, Dec 4, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    14. I jumped into the hobby fairly quickly this year so I am looking to slow things down a bit in 2018!
      • Complete dolls by getting bodies for my floating heads. This number is currently at three but it will be at four early next year. I am still deciding on the body sculpt for one of my floating heads but everything else has been determined. I plan on giving one signature outfit to my incomplete female doll, so I think she will be my main priority because I will not have to worry about her wardrobe once she is clothed. The doll of my character from Final Fantasy XIV is a priority as well. I need to sculpt cat ears and make a tail for him, so I am looking forward to his final look.
      • Make sure all of my dolls have face-ups! I plan to do two face-ups before the end of 2017 so I probably won't have too many to complete in the beginning in the year.
      • Start making clothes for my dolls. I would like to spoil my two grail dolls with fancy outfits. :3nodding:
      • Purchase Luke or Dyuke from Little Monica. I am not sure how many dolls I will be purchasing next year since I will putting a focus on completing dolls. I am quickly seeing how space, or a lack thereof, can become an issue. I think I will have a better idea once all of my floating heads have bodies. *_*
      • Make more eyes!
      • Learn how to make shoes! I think it will be handy.
      • Keep a close eye on SWITCH releases.
      • Figure out the best places to put my dolls. I have a doll couch that will only fit three SDs so I have it reserved for my favorites.
      • Narrow down my BJD wish list a little bit more so I only get dolls with clear images that I absolutely want. I will be a bit more lenient with character dolls when it comes to my wish list though.
      We'll see how it goes! :whee:

15. hopefully i will get my first doll in January !! I ordered secretdoll ming last month and im patiently waiting on her arrival T__T i plan on ordering mong too so they can be cute lil sisters <3 i can't wait to do their faceups !!! i already got all the supplies and my boyfriend ordered me a really nice set of pastels for it <3