1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll plans 2021

Dec 2, 2020

1. 1. A lot of work with my EID girl. Since I'm back from hiatus and she's still blank, has almost no clothes and her wig isn't in its right condition, so... Getting her a face-up and hand blushing, fixing her wig and making as much clothes as possible is a top priority.
      2. Since I'm getting my grail doll's head this year I need to decide on his body and save up money for that.
      3. Also need to to decide whether I need a Ringdoll Dracula head. He seems to fit almost perfectly into my character, who was previously based on other doll, but... Still unsure 100%, some owners' pictures are confusing.

#181 Ravenheart, Feb 24, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    2. Got some plans since I can afford some luxury items. Not really sure if it's possible to make everything this year... :chomp:
      1. Getting my first BJD after +1 year of deciding. Because I don't have a lot of money, I started buying it's head :)
      2. Having in mind to make a wig while it is arriving. Not sure how bad this will end since I got terrible crafting skills.
      3. If I can afford anything else during this year, I will buy the doll's body with clothes for it.
      4. Taking photos of the doll and post it somewhere.

3. My plan was to NOT buy any dolls til I paid off some small bills but I broke that promise to myself and bought a mushroom peddler kitsune and howl a Tracy promber beastie and a my Meadow Mimmi. I keep telling myself I’ll get back on track but keep getting tempted.

4. Bodies! I need bodies for all of my floating heads. This was the same goal I had last year and I actually did pretty good, so I'm hoping to continue with that plan. Next it's to get faceups for the dolls that now have a body. But, with Covid that's a little harder as I'm not as comfortable sending my heads outside of the country.

5. Currently I have a payment plan on place for Feeple’s Medusa designer model. It’s gonna take me till September to pay off.

6. I feel torn because A) I want to sell my dolls, but B) I want to start making accessories for them again. I think I have to go with plan A because it looks like I am going to have many vet bills to pay. If I get something new later this year, I want it to be something small and cute and non-human.

7. I'm gonna try and concentrate on getting more clothing for my dolls, only a few of them have their own while the rest of them take turns wearing the leftovers.

8. Figured I'd update this-- now at 5/10 of my full dolls painted/dressed/eyed/wigged. And of course, still not a word about my mythical Dollshe order! Totally expecting to make my goal of having everyone at home done before he gets here. Here's the 5 that are all fully put together so far:
      [​IMG]

9. Hmmm, for this year i have to increase my doll family members XD.
      I really want to find an Elfdoll Yuan.
      Maybe ill make a doll myself.

10. Elfdoll face sculpts are beautiful! I have a Hazy. I don't know other's experience with their bodies, but for me personally, they aren't the best at posing/aren't very natural posers.
      Good luck with your goals this year!♡

11. Going into March, I think I finally have some doll plans for the year:

1. Start taking more photos and posting to my BJD instagram again. This is to me a way to start appreciating my collection more. It will get me to re-dress and interact with my dolls more often. I've had a lull for nearly a year and a half where they've pretty much sat in a cabinet or stored away. I now have more space for them and want to start actively enjoying owning them again.

2. Build up the boys wardrobe, the 2 guys I have now don't have a whole lot even after a few years of owning them, and also shift the girl wardrobe away from Lolita and into some more modern casual styles. I've already emptied a storage container to re-purpose as space for this and I made a clothing order for the boys that is arriving soon

3. Start attending doll meets again. I'm hoping local doll meets will start happening again soon and I'm really wishing for Dolpa in LA to happen this year and that I can attend if it does.

4. As always, keep a close eye on Volks releases. I have loose ideas for a cpuple more dolls. Maybe someone will be released this year that fit those ideas. I want to be prepared, both with being able to easily make space and financially, if a doll pops up suddenly that I want.

12. Oof, just, the further we get into 2021 the more I realize I have that I want to get done

Current doll projects:
      -Universedoll Alsop (Character H):
      -finish faceup and hand blushing/tattoo painting. Slow going due to frequent inability to seal, thank you temperamental New England winter.
      -hair. Needs hair. The sculpt's narrow face was ideal for the character but is a nightmare to fit a wig to. Has got one more potential that's on the way and if that doesn't work I'm making the dang thing.
      -Supiadoll Eunice (Character R):
      -will need faceup and body blushing on arrival (should be within a month according to typical wait times)
      -styling already purchased and arrived, assuming everything suits her. Assuming it doesn't, she'll need a lot more custom work.
      -Switch Uhui R (Character Z):
      Will need the most work
      -needs a body. Ideally should have nice ankles, and nice hands (as creepy as that sounds lol I swear there's a legit reason). Looking at DFA/H currently.
      -needs a faceup. Again, temperamental New England winter.
      -needs full styling. Namely, need to make a jacket and trousers specific to the character design. Character also wears a vest which, while purchased, needs to be dyed.

Potential doll purchases:
      -Character W. Started shelling as an MSD before (very recently) realizing that I really prefer SD+ and he'd look out of place among the others. Already mostly done with faceup too lol fml.
      -Character L. Been trying to find a good sculpt for her for forever lol. She'll need a lot of custom painting when she arrives though so I'd like to wait until I finish most if not all of my other projects.
      -Character A. Head has been ordered and in production, needs a body but at this point is so low down on the priority list that for this year he's more a stretch goal if I finish most everything else.

Miscellaneous:
      -Sell sell sell. A couple dolls, yes, but mostly sundries that didn't work out, since I don't plan on really switching styling once dolls are completed. Rejected wigs especially need to go. I have a problem lol
      -Organizing my supplies. Need to get some kind of shelf or drawer unit to store unused items, customization supplies and the like. Right now it's... ... I'd rather not show lol.
      -Display! Need... well, need space, for one lol. Need a display cabinet, for two. With those two things I can set about building set pieces for diorama display.

13. this will be my first year in this hobby so I'm hoping to take it somewhat slow, despite my excitement and the fact I started the year by purchasing 3 different dolls within 3 months lol

my main to-do list is:
      - finish paying for my sencondhand MDD (whom I've named Ayako) at the end of march, so I can get her on her way to me as soon as possible
      - finish layaway on my doll leaves Lan fullset by the end of april most likely, then hope that she doesn't take more than 6 months so I can have her before the end of the year.
      - wait the dreadful 5-6+ months for my dark tan Impldoll Iris, try not to lose my mind while I wait lol
      - in the meantime, save up till around june and buy a summer wardrobe for Ayako, which will also be shared with any other modern-themed MSD-sized dolls I get in the future. I already have a full shopping cart on Alice's Collections, as well as a select few bits and pieces from Etsy and a few independent sites. Aya is gonna be so spoiled! At least until she gains a new roomate with a similar sense of fashion...
      - then it'll be saving up for the next doll on my wishlist, Senior Delf Niya! Probably will start a layaway for her this summer, maybe august, and will probably finish by the time the holidays roll around.
      - sometime this year, probably over the summer when I have plenty of time to relax and get inspired, I need to figure out a plan for a character I thought I had shelled but now I'm not so sure. I need to shop around for the perfect doll to fit this character, and I might end up needing to hybrid to get it right.
      - plan out the group of tiny fairy-themed characters and how I'll shell them, probably won't start shopping for that project till 2022.

14. I’ve been on a major break through most of the last year. When I moved I stopped buying anything, even clothes for my dolls, which I love collecting! But then Fairyland released preview pictures of Miwa and I fell hard in love. Then I bought a shirt specifically for her off Etsy the day afterwards lol

She will be my only doll this year. I do plan to find a companion stuffie like Chloe and Grey in my profile picture for Miwa but so far no luck. If I find any clothes for her that I absolutely need I will might buy them but most of my fun money will be going towards paying her off. Back into hibernation for me! Haha

15. This'll be my second year in the hobby! I really love the dolls I have now, so I don't think I'll be expanding my collection further (I say that now, but this will inevitably change later lmao)

1. Get a Minifee m-line body!! I have a floating Shushu head that I'm in love with but she needs a body. I'd like her to be shorter than my Hwayu who's on the a-line
      2. Figure out doll names and personalities. I am SO bad at this. None of my dolls really have names besides their official sculpt names. Hwayu's sculpt name is cool, so she can keep hers, but everyone else needs a change. And a backstory. And some character development.
      3. Shoes. Only one of my dolls currently has shoes and its an actual tragedy. They're meant for a different doll, so she won't even have them forever lol.

16. I'm making my grand return to the hobby after a several year hiatus, and boy, do I have plans.

1. Clothes, shoes, accessories, the works. I've spent too long giving my dolls a single outfit and never touching them again, and I want to break that habit. I'm starting with accumulating stuff for my F60 Juri 2012 and my LTF Luna, since they're the dolls that inspire me the most and I've neglected them for too long. I'm well underway with this one - I've spent enough for an entirely new doll just on clothes and shoes the last several days!
      2. Sell old, unloved dolls. Tangentially related to point 1, I went through a several year stint of buying dolls and, as stated, never touching them again. As sad as I am to admit it, they're just unloved here, so they need to be moved on to greener pastures. Plus, getting these dolls out of my house frees up space and funds for point 1!
      3. I'm sorely tempted to add a few dolls to my collection this year, though. I'd like another LTF someday (in WS or TS), and I've been pining after a Crobidoll Lance for the better part of the last decade. I want to sit with these desires for a while and see if they stick, especially since I'll be having a baby in June, but I wouldn't mind splurging some of my newfound funds on a new doll or two.
      4. Speaking of new dolls, don't judge me, but I'm having this desperate urge to add a Kikipop to my collection.
      5. I want to learn to do faceups myself or send my girls out for new faces. I like theirs, but my Juri's is rather old and could use some love, and my Luna's is a little chipped after a fall. I was never that big on Luna's anyway, it's too dark and moody for my taste, but it's still sad. We'll see what happens with this part, though!

17. Currently, right now, I've always had a clear mindset of the dolls and stories I wanted to go along with them. So my light might change due to getting more in-depth with the hobby and realizing sizes are COMPLETELY different and some dolls are limited. I like to stay in the 45-52cm range. Which by the way aren't that many male dolls.

My list at the moment -
      Roku (CUSTOM dolls made by a friend)
      Shichi (CUSTOM dolls made by a friend)
      Envy (DollNoize)
      Alan minifee (Female body)
      4 female little fees (for shrine maidens for fatal frame girls)
      a random little fee male (mono little nightmares cosplay)
      a random little fee female (six little nightmares cosplay)

looking at this list is kind of scary. But it will be worth it in the end

18. Actually my plans are:
      - Wait for my two very first dolls to reach home
      - Find clothes, wig, eyes, accessories (I've already started that XD)
      - Find a cool couch or armchair for them
      - Wait for my first nendoroid doll too
      - Make some accessories for them (Horns, antlers essentially ... I love horns)

And for a very far future, I want to make clothes and eyes for them, and find a way to train at make-up ~

19. I started actually building a collection this year. Well, I don't know to call it a collection because I have only one bjd and a couple fashion dolls I liked / wanted to use as test cases for handling large dolls.... :XD:... but I'm on the lookout for a SD male doll to speak to me. So far I have only seen one head sculpt that really drew me in, but unfortunately it came out 11 years ago and is no longer produced.

20. I am very impatient when it comes to creating my ideas and bringing them to life. So this is a lot in one year and I might not finish it but these projects really sparked my creative nerve.

1. I ordered two dolls to resemble my bf and me and I wanna get them cool clothes and faceups. I already bought wigs and eyes and clothes for my female doll but his needs clothes :D And both need a faceup but I already found the perfect artist.
      2. I bought two SD girls last year and they will probably arrive next month. Getting into SD is completely new to me. They are 57cm tall and are a maskcat Astrid and Lilias.
      3. Project Winx Club ;D I got into this hobby because I have always loved dolls as a kid and especially my winx dolls. These aren't my style anymore tho and with my collection changing I want to bring them back. I have already picked out the perfect dolls and this will be my chance to get into wig making too. :) Ir is a big project and will probably take until 2022 to finish but I am excited. I love having a concept for dolls in my head. It protects me from impulse buying and I love the dolls I buy way more because I have plans for them :)