1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll plans 2021

Dec 2, 2020

1. 1. focus on the 2 bjds i already have :blush more clothes, wigs, and props for them
      2. maaaaaaybe purchase a yosd or lati yellow if i can find the right ones that speak to me ^^

trying to save up some money so i’m putting new purchases on the back burner even though i don’t want to :...(

2. My plan is very simple, get the boys I am looking for( tough mission)

3. This year I am rebuilding my collection. I use klarna(lets me make payments and pays for my item in full) and now I have like 5-7 dolls coming

4. I'm just getting back to the hobby, so I'm a little late to the to-do list! I don't want to set too many goals as I tend to bite off more than I can chew, but so far for 2021:

- Sell all dolls and related items that are not pukipukis and my floating Migi head.
      - Send Bauble and Bubble off for new faceups and blushing.
      - Try my hand at making wigs for Bauble and Bubble.
      - Sketch some ideas for a display box for Bauble, Bubble, Pearl, and my fourth unnamed merpuki Ripple.
      - Buy a faceplate for Pearl and a body for my floating WS puki faceplate.
      - Think of a cute name for the unnamed merpuki. Done! A name just came to me- Ripple!

#204 amphetamine, Mar 28, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
    5. Just got my grail doll head this week and now waiting on his body which will be here sometime in July I expect. So my plans for this year are just to wait, get the wig and eyes and focus on figuring out his faceup. I also want to grab a new wig for my other boy and maybe a few pieces of clothes as well as start slowly amassing materials to make clothes and furniture for him.

6. I am determined to get face ups for some of my dolls. There have been a few heads that I’ve had for years and done nothing with—what a waste! I also need to spend some money on clothes. Finally, I WILL find an elfdoll lovely soah. She’s GOT to be out there somewhere.

7. Ok ! So, ...

- To do make the make-up of Pim's
      - Find him the perfect eyes
      - Find the perfect outfit
      - Find perfect eyes for Tamara
      - Finish the custimation of my off-doll topic
      - Sell my Dollzone's Lumu

Annnd the rest will be just fun and cracking ! :D

8. My goal - STICK TO THE PLAN and stop looking for new artists! I have two dolls still I want to buy in 2021 and four in 2022, and I really don’t have extra money outside of those costs. I have to stop getting diverted by tinies and secondhand deals, or I’m never going to get around to getting dolls I really really want.

Secondarily - work on my wigging, sewing and faceup skills, and complete all the blank dolls which will be arriving this year. I just invested in some 1/4 patterns which should allow me to clothe all my slim 1:4 girls ASAP.

#208 aliquotiens, Mar 29, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    9. My main plan is to hopefully get a Myou mature female 28cm body to go wit a 1/6 Doll Family A head I have just floating around. That is my top priority. I might get a smaller doll that is pretty inexpensive from Esty later this year. But if I cant I wont be super sad. I will get her some eyes and then some clothes if I find any. Just taking it slow this year, and by slow I mean probably three dolls this year.

10. OK, I think I have 10 good doll goals that will more than keep me hopping for the rest of 2021...with crafting TBD in each weekly crafting meet:
      2021 Doll Goals
      01. No Buy (Dolls) Q1- no dolls purchased Q2, Q3 Q4,
      Very Limited Buy (stuff for dolls) Q1 - shoes, wig, shine pearl Q2, Q3, Q4 (see #2)
      02. Get all full dolls styled and (somewhat) ready for a group photo for end of year/2021 'state of my collection' photo. The order for each is: eyes, wig, clothes, faceup/blushing is optional. (requires worklist and will keep me well busy until December!)
      03. Revamp the infrastructure of Comparison Heaven website, start adding dolls again. | Comparison Heaven and Dollection blog - new outline is nearly complete, streamlined to a change log, list of added dolls/dates, and the comparison function itself for a more minimalist, utility-based site that complements DoA as a reference (no forum, minimal blog entries, no discussion)...time to get my plan going!
      04. Get closer to to 1000 posts on DoA, via more thoughtful discussion replies and by taking/posting some gallery photos.- as of 20210404, I am at 793.
      05. Rank my dolls from Bae to Yeet. Think on selling the bottom 3.
      06. Set up seasonal display area in new house, do summer, autumn, winter displays to see how that method feels.
      07. Organize doll clothes/shoes/wigs, give everyone one outfit, then make some trades with items leftover that just do not suit anyone. most clothing gathered, wigs and shoes are assembling.
      08. Make unlined kimono for 翼 (Tsubasa, 90cm boy) - vintage Ro silk human kimono picked apart, ready for new measuring, embroidery/painting.
      09. Get the outlines for the current storylines written down in pixels/on paper - website domain purchased for faery storyline, notes on historical story...still scattered.
      10. Hold/attend weekly craft meets in Virtual BJD Meets Discord group. - scheduled!

#210 mimimontoya, Apr 4, 2021
      Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    11. I'm doing SUCH A GOOD JOB this year !!! Hat's off to me :lol: I really stuck to the plan and ordered my first iMda (3.0 Angélique) in January. She has yet to arrive, but I'm expecting her at my doorstep any day in April :D Unfortunately, the second doll which I planned for (Élodie), which was secondhand, was sold to a different collector.. I was really bummed for a while, but instead I focused on collecting Oscar Doll/Swan Doll eyes, as planned. That project is really progressing well, as I was able to add 10 pairs to my collection since January ;3 kind of excessive but that's the whole point of a collection lol... I just wish they were more affordable. I might take a step back from that for a while now, since further dolly plans are coming into play.
      Next up, I was eyeing Miadoll's Koi which was released in December. I missed that first release, but the time has come for the second release and I'm so ready ^^ I'll do anything I can to snag him in "neutral skin" this time around. So my updated plans are as follow:

- Complete doll #1 (iMda Angélique) and prioritize finding her perfect aesthetic (delivery TBD)
      - Budget for doll #2 (iMda Élodie) cancelled
      - Start a Oscar Doll/Swan Doll eyes collection
      - Take photos for the dollstagram ^^
      - Preorder Mia Doll Koi (Neutral skin) and gather all aesthetic parts.
      - Determine doll #2 (iMda 3.0 Simonne/Modigli/Élodie/Babette) and gather all aesthetic parts.

12. It's already the beginning of April but since the population of my doll family is showing the sign of expanding recently, I think it is good to have a plan both for ordering new members and taking care of the existing ones.
      doll purchasing plan:
      - soom zak, if soom opens the sculpt again this year (change of plan, now my preferred sculpt is adonis, guess I will purchase whoever comes out first);
      - a siren/snake/dragon doll, hopefully in small size;
      doll projects:
      - [DONE!] suede my current dolls;
      - finish the 1/3 robe I am currently working on (paused because I lost interest in the fabric pattern);
      - hopefully, make a pair of matching pants if I have the time;
      - learn blender and 3d printing, make a 1/3 size plague doctor mask and some horn parts;
      - [IN PROGRESS] when the practice head arrives, learn how to do makeup;
      - body paint my current dolls (cancelled, because of the concern about sealant layer chipping);

#212 sylfr, Apr 7, 2021
      Last edited: May 7, 2021
    13. I'm just getting back into the hobby, so I don't have a ton of plans. Most of my money is going toward getting married next month, so I doubt I'll get much this year. But I need to go through the accessories I do have and see what I need to get for my two existing dolls. I know Jinisi (DZ Yage) needs clothes, and Genji (DZ Yuu) might need some shoes. I also want to get them some props for photoshoots while I wait and save up for a third doll.

14. My plan this year is to get bodies for my floating heads. I have 2 floating heads; Switch Choyo and Luts 2020 Winter Event KDF Head. I’m still deciding between Switch HD60 boy body and upcoming Luts Muse body for my Choyo. Also, I’m thinking about buying Luts KDF45 body for my winter event head at the end of this year. Secondly, I will send my Choyo, Volks Megohime and Switch Ryuzo for new faceup. Other than that, I have to find the right wigs for my current dolls.

15. Bust stands! I would love to own one or two bust stands for displays. Other than that, smaller scale dolls and accessories most likely. I have some on my list that will be more than impossible to find a seller but I can keep looking this year, were only in the 4th month.

16. WELP, in addition to ordering a doll earlier, I wound up buying a head, so if I am very lucky, I'll get him a body this year!

Other plans for the year:

-Take more photos! I have some great props and a beautiful little sofa and I'd love to get to use them more. I might not get my first roombox/permanent-ish set built this year but I can at least do some shoots with a temporary set.

-Faceups! Not everyone needs them, but Vince is due for a new one and of course the new head will want to be painted up.

-Get everyone's proper eyes put in! This intimidates me with my smallest heads, I admit, but Jack's been sitting around with his default eyes and I bought him new ones, PM's been in need of something for ages. For Marigold, I need to fix how hers are sitting if I don't replace them with new ones this year.

-Revamp my storage! This is just something I desperately need to do overall, but I want to be able to display my dolls a little better, as well as their things and also my supplies for doing things for them, clean up the mess of doll-related craft supplies spread all over my table...

17. My doll collection is complete, and I have no interest in buying anymore. Instead my doll plans are:

1. Designing new outfits for at least two of my dolls.
      2. Learning to make wigs
      3. Practicing, and practicing and practicing face-ups.

The past few years, I lacked the time to do much in this hobby and now that there's a little more room, I want to work on customizing my pretties.

18. I actually don't have grand plans atm. But I really want to learn how to sew doll clothes this year. I bought a little book about it and it should arrive soon. Now all I need is a sewing machine!

19. I didn't have any plans this year! I'm sort of trying to buy a house so I'm trying to be good and not buy any dolls.

Heh....well I bought a Volks Lieselotte so now the plan is to spoil her rotten. She's coming with a fullset outfit so there is no rush, but it's a long wait and I want to make as many outfits as I can for her.

Outside of that. I will focus on my other dolls.

1. They all need shoes! I'm horrible at buying shoes so I would like to obtain some this year.
      2. Eyes in various sizes and colors. I have a few that need something different. I'm not quite satisfied with their looks.
      3. Make clothing for the little ones.
      4. Faceups for those who need them.

20. I have important stuff going on financially, so i decided to just try to complete my hybrid SD, and maybe buy another floating head.