1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll plans 2021

Dec 2, 2020

1. I know that 2021 is almost half over, but I've been spending this year getting more in touch with my dolls. I had neglected them for so long, and hadn't continued collecting. I started 2021 out right by ordering my Dreaming Doll Sally in December, and she arrived in January. I've done three face ups for my Sally so far, and I'm working to get better at doing face ups. I'm waiting for a Luts Kid Delf Muhwa, and I'm excited to have a chance to work on his face up. I guess goals for this year are to grow my doll family, get better at face ups, and sew a lot more.

2. I'm kind of hoping to finish my current doll projects, and find a companion for my Hypermaniac agender character. I am hoping to find a good sculpt for a darker skin transwoman.

3. okay. so i haven't been dolling at the moment, but i still have doll plans for this year. i already have a couple of dolls that i haven't really played with, been working my ass off for more doll funds. so here's my to buy list:

1. harucasting Maji - been eyeing her ever since. i heard rumors about a possible pre-order this summer.
      2. obscure kind dohwee - this one's a bit far fetched since the dollmaker has pretty much ceased communication.
      3. luts model delf boy - not a hundred percent sure whether to get Terra or Diez. so this one's tentative until after i finished payment for my Maji.

hopefully, i get the chance to spend more time dolling and sewing.

4. - Assemble shelf space to display complete collection (DONE)

GHOST (Incoming Dream Valley Bless):
      - Pay off Ghost (DONE)
      - Order wig for Ghost (DONE)
      - Dye Ghost purple and black gradients
      - Face-up and body-blushing for Ghost
      - Create chain accessories for Ghost
      - Hot-glue suede

HALO (Incoming Dollzone Little Rain on winged yosd body):
      - Find wig and clothing that fits
      - Eyes (DONE)
      - Face-up
      - Dye wings (purple?)
      - Hot-glue suede

CACKLE (Incoming Dream Valley yosd cat body):
      - Dye body (black with orange and brown gradients)
      - Make Clothing
      - Hot-glue suede

Solstice (Incoming Luts MSD Abadon in lavender):
      - Pay him off
      - Wig
      - Eyes (DONE)
      - Face-up
      - Paint horns
      - Order clothes
      - Hot-glue suede

Mori (Incoming Dollpamm Diva in purple and lemon):
      - Eyes
      - Wig
      - Dye antlers, hooves, and fur
      - Clothes
      - Face-up
      - Hot-glue suede

October (Incoming Dream Valley in Pink and Coffee):
      - Eyes (DONE)
      - Wig
      - Clothes
      - Face-up
      - Dye ears, paws, and tail-tip orange and black gradiants
      - Hot-glue suede/wire tail

Aura (Dream Valley Casia):
      - Face-up
      - Wig
      - Accessories/clothes
      - Dye body?

#224 slight, May 12, 2021
      Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    5. I've gotten my first doll, and am waiting on my second, and thought I should update my plans! Both my dolls are 1/3 size and I'm hopefully planning on giving them faceups this year. One of them also needs a body mod done, but I'm not sure when I'll do that! I'm also hoping to order a smaller doll next month, and would really like to get one secondhand if possible because I love the idea of rehoming a doll that isn't being loved as much as it used to!

6. Late to the party, but my goals for 2021 are:

- Send my DC Medeas for a face-up (slot with artist booked)
      - Attempt face-ups for my DC Evangeline & Magic Mirror May myself
      - Make wigs for my Magic Mirror May and DC Medeas
      - Buy new eyes for DC Medeas (ordered)
      - Make dresses for DC Evangeline and Magic Mirror May (fabric bought)
      - Practice using my airbrush to attempt some work on my SOOM Amber later
      - Keep an eye out on the secondhand market for a SOOM outfit for Amber

And possibly buy a Popovy Little Owl and/or Mewiefish Novgorod.. (or Twigling Nkiru in raw umber if she becomes available)

I first bought a doll in 2017 and just haven’t done much with the hobby since; contemplated selling all dolls this year, but seem to have some motivation for them again at the moment :D.

7. So I'm late to this party hello

My plans for 2021 and possibly 2022 are:
      • MaddyBearDolls Elle BOUGHT
      • Volks SD13 F-42/Elena sunlight BOUGHT
      • Fairyland MNF event Dina (floating head) BOUGHT
      • Fairyland MNF WS (body) BOUGHT
      • Miracle Doll Vic 45cm BOUGHT
      • Fairyland MNF NS Mirwen
      • Fairyland LTF NS Rolly
      • Fairyland PKF hands WS and NS
      • Fairyland MNF NS (body)
      • Halloween event head or Nanuri event head
      • Supia Ballerina Body NS

8. 2021 is my year to shell the two main characters, Stephen and Wesley, from my first novel. (It's only taken 30 years :D) This required a move into Big Doll world. I've got two 70+ lads coming from Granado. Of course, I also have 30cm minimes on their way, also from Granado.
      Order dolls: DONE
      Find appropriate heads: DONE
      Make wigs: DONE
      Find eyes: DONE
      Make arrival robes and moccasins (awaiting measurements for Stephen's Feet.
      Mod faces
      Do faceups (awaiting bodies for color matching)
      Make at least one outfit a piece. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

9. This year, I promised myself to focus on the dolls I already have, work on getting bodies, faceups & clothes - but I've already broken that promise! (big oof) However, my goal is still the same - but I've got more heads coming that need bodies along with 2 layaways. :doh I have sold some dolls though, which I'm proud of because I didn't think I was going to love them enough in the long run. Now, they seem truly loved & spoiled which makes me feel much happier! So far, I need 5 bodies, those dolls whom also need faceups & clothes, wigs, I am almost done paying off an eye layaway. It's going slowly but surely. I also have an idea for a doll of a MHA character that I'm currently in love with lmao. I kinda wanna shell him into Little Rebel Kaylar or Iplehouse Dylan. We will see. :frownyblush: I could *perhaps* shell him into one of the heads I already have, which would also suit him but I dunno. All in all, I've made an overwhelming mess of dolly plans that may take me awhile to achieve - but I am really excited nonetheless.

10. I hope 2021 year will be a little better.
      :moo
      august update
      • Make alpaca and angora wigs. This year I had made some, using heat resistant fiber. I want to try other fibers. Bought alpaca locks, they are on their way to me.
      • I got epoxy resin and sylicone to make doll eyes. This project will be postponed to the summer, though. Not started.
      • Finnaly make shoes nope
      • Sew something yes.
      • Felt something nope
      • Learn to use blender. Sculpt something in blender. computer broke
      • Depending on my sculpting progress either print bodies no
      • ...or buy at least one body for my floating heads I have bought 2d 68 body.
      • Shorten the list of heads I want by expanding amount of my floating heads. :eusa_pray Dolly gods, help me buy Yicen and/or Mori9 upcoming sculpts. I swear, I want them all.:chomp: Nope. Decided against it. Too hard to get, too expensive, actually too big.
      • I got Granado 30 Ningh instead.
      • Practice painting faceups. I bought Mr. Clear.:aeyepop: In a phisical store in Lithuania. :aeyepop: I am practicing drawing eyebrows rightnow.

11. August update
      This year is the year of purging, dolls, wigs, props and clothing. Only partially successful. Istill have a lot of items that I made for the 2020 doll convention that didn't happen, decided not to attend this year so it is just sitting here taking up room.
      I have two new mature tiny boys coming in and one large guy but his body is for someone already here. More than 2 tiny boys arrived, was able to sell the head of the large guy and not troubled with extra floating heads.
      I am also removing dye from some project dolls. Dye removal successful.
      I want to complete more hand and body blushing on dolls that don't have it yet. I started last year and didn't finish everyone. Only got two done :doh
      I've sworn off the action figures and need to finish the two new rooms in the diorama. Successful on no more AC but have stalled about the diorama rooms.
      Selling my 2 vampires is going to be as difficult as pulling teeth, but necessary. Sold one, keeping the other for now
      I need to finish Kusuriuri, my anime character doll, with his costume. Didn't happen, bought fabric though, argh.
      I have a hunger for some of the new dolls coming out but I don't have the patience (or age) to wait a year or more for delivery. Bought one new doll, a DF-H 35cm that has me curious, two new heads that were in stock and calling my name, loudly.
      Good luck to you all and have a great rest of 2021.

12. Also late to the party, but it took this long to create a plan, so.... I'll be late to my own funeral, is what I'm saying.

1. Finish all layaways and wait for dolls to arrive. This is the end of my resin and playline doll purchases. I might still get one or two more vinyl dolls. To be continued...
      2. Practice and perfect face-ups. Create my "style."
      3. Sculpt my first doll using clay. Learn from mistakes.
      4. Sculpt second doll from clay. Create a working prototype.
      5. Learn 3D sculpting. This MUST be done this year - don't know if I'll still have access to Blender tutorials next year.
      6. Design bodies in 1/6 and 1/4 scale. (Don't think I have a 3D printer big enough to make 1/3 scale.)
      7. Perfect sewing doll clothing.
      8. Learn to make doll shoes.

And for 2022...
      Create my drag queen army. (Using Trixie Mattel YouTube videos for characters.) Which means I guess I'm going to need to learn how to make sparkly weapons? And maybe a tank? That should be interesting.

13. I love the idea of giving a mid year update :). Now let's see what I wrote back then:

- stop looking at doll pages for at least half a year. :XD::XD::XD: HAHAHA next topic!
      - hunt down KDF Aengdu (only exception to the first resolution. Gotcha :cheer.
      - Focus on current dolls and spoil them. Yes.
      - Names for everyone. About 2/3 have names now.
      - Designate them their own space. Done but I'll need more space as soon as my next dolls arrive. Which might be this week :aeyepop:.

14. Cool idea to do midyear updates!
      I'm surprised - I think I've gotten through more of this than I imagined I would by now...

Meta: Make a binder for all these project pieces, so I can keep ideas and reference pics, as well as documenting the process. I haven't done this :( ... I still want to.

I'll list it out by doll, then extras....

In house:
      • Myou Delia (fullset): Buy a nice doll stand, and suede her body in the middle at least. Style her shoes. I've got doll stands now that fit her, she's got shoes. I haven't sueded her body.
      • Comi Baby Cutie Yori (fullset): Remove outfit, and alter faceup. Create costume to shell her as Vanellope from Wreck-It Ralph. Made outfit, not happy with it. Needs to be redone.
      • Comi Baby Cutie Peridot (blank doll): Do faceup myself, install a wig. Dress her in Yori's outfit & upgrade outfit to look steampunk. Faceup done.
      • Comi Baby Lady Lulu (blank doll): Do faceup myself to make her look like Peridot's sister, install a wig, modify an outfit I bought from Comi Baby to look steampunk as well. Faceup done, made her a different outfit.
      50% complete for above items

On their way [all arrived as of July]:
      • Island Doll Ivy (doll only with faceup): create an outfit for her and add wig. I want her vibe to be rockstar-ish, maybe with a cool wig from Frapzilla if I can get my hands on one. Otherwise I may just HAVE to make one myself to get the colorful vibe. hah. She's dressed but no other work has been done. She only just arrived.
      • Island Doll Cassandra (blank doll): this was supposed to be my first blank doll to arrive, so she was supposed to be a practice doll for face-ups, but alas she will be the last blank doll to arrive. I'm having a hard time "seeing" her character TBH. Plans for her are faceup at least, then I don't know what outfit. Only just arrived, no work done.
      • Dikadoll Mudan (doll with faceup): I'm going to sew a Miku outfit for her, and give her a blue wig and blue eyes. Found a Miku wig for her and eyes. I don't really feel she fits the character; I'm considering modifying her.
      25% ...?

Accessory/Extras:
      • Polar bear for Delia: I'll make this. I make stuffed animals regularly. Bought an art doll dog for her that's pink and white. I like it a lot. I would still like to make a bear for her at some point.
      • Blue Leopard for ... someone: This stuffed animal just needs to be made. I know I'll make it fit into one of my doll characters. Not yet.
      • Yukata Outfit: I've got an old Yukata from a Japan trip that I have never looked at again. I'd like to scale it down so it can get some love. Not sure which doll will wear it yet. Not yet.
      • Sculpt and mold for a 1/12 BJD: I want to be able to make multiples. DID THIS!!!! :D
      • Sculpt a giraffe BJD: I only really intend to make a one off for this guy. We'll see. Not yet.
      I get 50% credit for the above because the 1/12 doll sculpt was way WAY over 100 hours of work. lol.

*Deep breath* I love crafts. I'd be crazy happy if I got through all this.

To put a little bow on the outline, my hopes for other dolls to order are as follows, but I haven't planned for them yet since it's not set in stone....
      I put myself on the preorder for Frapzilla's new dolls, would like Alchemic Labo Dolls, and will be looking for a Volks Coco. We'll see what happens. Got a few Alchemic Labo dolls secondhand, and ordered Coco directly from Volks.

Edit: Oh and for gosh sakes, I really want to shell two of the Cyberpunk 2021 characters that I have on a poster.. but I think finding sculpts for them may be the biggest challenge out of all the things I've listed here. Again with this one, we'll see. Stretch goal. Found a full doll for the dude, and a doll head for the girl. Need body for girl then I can start on the hard part.

Additional goals:
      Sculpt a second doll. This time 1/4 size.
      Finish another project I started where I'm making Alchemic Labo Lusis and L-bi into Spongebob/Patrick cosplays.
      Modify my Limwha Half elf to be a bit more pose-able.
      Redo Vanellope costume.
      Make a doll mannequin for each 1/3 and 1/4 sizes.
      Upgrade my sewing skills by making a few outfits with more attention to detail than normal.

15. Well, I got all my minifees this year. Those were my only doll plans for 2021 until....
      I restrung my resinsoul and now I want to give her a character, wig, eyes, clothes. Also, I want to get more dolls again :sweat

So my plans for the rest of 2021 are:
      1. Give resinsoul Ya a wig[done]
      2. Give resinsoul Ya eyes
      3. Give resinsoul Ya clothes
      4. Give resinsoul Ya faceup[done]
      5. Get fall clothes for all my minifees
      6. Get a Doll Leaves girl for birthday or Christmas

After that, I don't think I have more dolly plans until next year :3nodding:

16. My plan for 2021 was to find proper shoes, eyes and wigs for all my dolls. It would have happened by now if I hadn't bought more dolls. :aeyepop:

I still have one floating head that needs a body. I think he'll be the last of my big boys. I keep telling myself not to buy more dolls until the ones I have are finished, but I keep ignoring myself. :XD:

I still need to come up with better storage.
      I also need to admit to myself that I'm too much of a hoarder to sell any of my resin kids, so maybe I could cull some of the bigger boxes taking up space. Which will help with the storage issue.

17. Besides finishing the dolls I have, I only have one other plan this year. I have two yo size and will have five 16-17cm size but next I’d like to find an in between size (20-22cm)

18. For my midyear update, I’m happy to report that my long list is now complete…go me!:cheer There were the inevitable surprises and changes along the way of course, but I worked hard and got ‘er done! And ahead of schedule too. Now I can relax and enjoy my accomplishments…while thinking up what wonderful things to do next year.;)

1. No buying anymore dolls 1/6 or above...and I really mean it this time. I’ve worked very hard to complete my main collection of larger sized dolls once and for all in 2020, and I’m now completely out of usable display space (for anything other than teeny tinies.) Well, I did so well for the first 6 months of this year. BUT I was innocently perusing the News section here on DoA, as you do, keeping up on the latest...AND there he was: the perfect best friend for one of my beloved crew! Instant disaster to all my well laid plans! So epic fail on not adding anymore dolls, even though he is a rather special unique case (or so I’m telling myself!)

2. Any exciting and fun new character ideas for larger dolls MUST be accomplished by repurposing existing dolls only: Turned one of my Volks MSD girls into the sugar skull character of my dreams, with an appropriate new wardrobe. And…another new character became necessary once I realized I’d fallen in love with my “alternative” head, needing to turn her into a complete doll. So the head is now being repurposed, but I had to buy her a new body…does that count?

3. Finally finish paying off the long layaway (continued over from 2020) for my old school Volks 4-Sisters Megu. Done!

4. Pay off my recent layaway for the Luts Tiny Delf Unicorn Elf I’ve always wanted. Finally found one second-hand and I’m so psyched! Done!

5. Continue to take part in the sewing rounds (in the workshop area here on DoA) to expand my dolls’ wardrobes for those few who still need it.
      Palazzo style tie-dye jumpsuit made for Pachouli
      2 fun flannel kimonos made for SugarPlum
      Elegant princess dress made for Elvira
      2 lacy mori outfits for my new incoming boy
      4 fun flannel kimonos for my Harajuku girls

6. Redo Pixel (Doll Chateau Gladys A.) I’m just not completely happy with her at the moment although I absolutely adore her sculpt. I think her character and overall style are in need of a major revamp. Completely re-did her character: changed her name to Bunny du Bonnet, modded her to have bunny ears, completely changed her wardrobe, modified her display space, and gave her a major purpose in the storyline (she’s now the official “hat maker” for my SD girls’ amazing collection of hats.)

7. Work on Eviliese’s alternative head (Luts KidDelf Hoodoo elf.) She needs a special Halloween inspired face-up. Well, I just couldn’t follow through on this one! I accidentally fell in love with this head and had to turn her into her own character instead. So…
      7a.
      I’ve now purchased her a body of her own and once it arrives, I’ll be blushing her head to match. I’ll be needing to develop a brand new character for her of course, find a name, choose a wig and eyes from my pre-existing stash, and give her a faceup. Bramble is now completely done and I’m so happy with her!

8. Continue working on collecting a little grouping of teeny tinies to inhabit my tree house display. I’ve now decided I need a couple of 1/8 size to fill in the population gaps, so once my Tiny Delf arrives, I will still need to find one more. Done! I now have the Tiny Delf in hand and a Pukifee Rin has just arrived home to join her!

#238 PoeticSoul, Aug 5, 2021
      Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    19. As others have done I have a mid year update-

1. Received my Soom Petit Gems August 2.
      Glued all the magnets in for Meipy-face Ondiin and found her eyes.
      Have supplies to dye dreaming Ondiin-face Leepy. Now I need to dye her. Dyeing Done!
      Now the elastic needs tightening. Done!
      2. All 3 MSDs have wigs and eyes I'm happy with.
      Still need a 6/7 wig cap for Morrigan and a slight hair cut for Epona. Done!
      Kit has a wig that just needs styling to work. Or maybe I'll order another from Parabox
      3. Still have seam sanding and hot glue suadeing to do Made Progress
      4. Need to figure out why I have so much trouble just putting my respirator on so I can safely seal my many blank dolls to give them face-ups. Made progress
      5. Decided to make my floating Dollzone Anita head a ball-jointed body from polymer clay, rather than try to sell it.
      6. I'd abandoned the idea I had at the beginning of the year to re-shell Lin, only for Granado to offer a head, body, and resin color combo that seems perfect. So I ordered him. Eyes are also ordered.
      Eyes are home.
      7. I also ordered a Doll Leaves Laura as a potential aesthetic replacement for a Soom Mini Gem I'm not in love with.
      8. Decide whether or not to order a Pipos Trudy. Decided not to.
      9. Better hands for Jin. Dollmore 12 inch are two small, so I ordered a pair from Asleep Eidolon

In terms of refining my collection, I have 2 dolls I've decided to sell so now I need to...
      1. list them for sale on the Marketplace, and Done!
      2. send them on to new homes One Sold!

Still waiting to receive the Dollshe Hound I ordered over 2 years ago. (BJDivas has assured me he will be made and shipped, eventually)
      General ongoing:
      Sew more clothes Made progress
      Write character stories

Top of my wish list right now are a tiny elf from MYou, and two fantasy MSDs

#239 Leo Pheonix, Aug 14, 2021
      Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    20. My plan is hopefully I can preorder/win Alice or Lorina Swd from Volks. If I get one, I will buy a sewing machine and begin to learn how to make clothes for her. If not, I will wait for the price of Lieselotte goes down and get one for original price. I will also buy a sewing machine and learn to make clothes for her. So, I know I'll definitely get a doll and a sewing machine for this year.