1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll plans 2021

Dec 2, 2020

1. @szmyzu9 - I started sewing on an old school sewing machine, and I totally understand why my grandmother said she learned to curse sewing on one of those beasts.
      I upgraded to a clearance Brother Project Runway electronic machine ($150 USD), and what a difference. I could sew! It was a miracle!
      My point being - the stitches aren’t that different between machines. You might be able to pick up a cheap machine from a local yard sale and get your practice in while you save up for your dream sewing machine.

2. Thank you so much for your advice!

3. I know we are now in September... But I am getting closer to getting all of my dolls looking decent. That is what my big 2021 doll plans were at the beginning of the year. I took a picture of my whole doll crew at the beginning of this year and wanted to take one at the end of the year and compare them, see what changed and if everyone is put together and all heads have bodies and everyone is dressed and has a face-up.

4. Hope y'all don't mind - I'm going to do monthly updates, cuz if I don't track it, it just flies away into the ether.

1. Finish all layaways and wait for dolls to arrive. This is the end of my resin and playline doll purchases. I might still get one or two more vinyl dolls. To be continued... Layaways all paid off. Still waiting for one doll, one doll body, and one doll head. As for not buying playline dolls - hahaha. :doh Recommitting to no-buy this month.
      2. Practice and perfect face-ups. Create my "style." Still in progress. Have finished several face-ups. Hate them all.
      3. Sculpt my first doll using clay. Learn from mistakes. Start this month.
      4. Sculpt second doll from clay. Create a working prototype. Not yet...
      5. Learn 3D sculpting. This MUST be done this year - don't know if I'll still have access to Blender tutorials next year. Start this month.
      6. Design bodies in 1/6 and 1/4 scale. (Don't think I have a 3D printer big enough to make 1/3 scale.) I was an ambitious monkey, wasn't I. :abambi:
      7. Perfect sewing doll clothing. I've actually started this! Weee! My mom is helping me!
      8. Learn to make doll shoes. Got a book (on Amazon - but you can read the blog for free). Now to practice...

5. I know it's not the end of the year yet but I want to do an update.

So WOW, that didn't go as planned. Surprise surprise, amiright? :XD: I ended up selling the tiny delfs, one of the minifees, and the Myou YoSD. The tiny delf project has been abandoned, the minifee ended up not working for my character, and the Myou YoSD simply did not fit in with my crew. She was supposed to be a companion to my other YoSD but I didn't realize just how big her head was and I couldn't get over that.

New resolution, however, is that I don't sell any more dolls.

In terms of new dolls, I had ordered and have received a Fairyline60 Miwa full option set, a Mystic Kids Elisa Elves, and a male Myou Vieruodis. I've got a minifee Erda on layaway at the moment of writing this and I've recently put in the order for a Realfee Luna full option set.

I switched the gender of my only childlike YoSD so now they're a boy named Oliver and I've been spoiling him quite a bit. I've been mainly focusing on him and my other minifee, a male Niella named Nathaniel, for a while now. Oliver has a bunch of clothes in the mail and Nathaniel has a staff and outfit being made.

Nathaniel also has the workings of a proper story! I'm on the path of making a romance novella with him and the Erda I'll be getting! I've already got a couple thousand words and I'm just getting started :cool:

I also made new friends in the hobby and I'm thrilled to bits about it! Better yet, they live near me and I can see them often!

6. Well, time for a check-in!
      - finish paying for my sencondhand MDD (whom I've named Ayako) at the end of march, so I can get her on her way to me as soon as possible DONE! Aya has been with me since April, and I couldn't be happier!
      - finish layaway on my doll leaves Lan fullset by the end of april most likely, then hope that she doesn't take more than 6 months so I can have her before the end of the year. Also DONE! Titania got here at the end of May and is just as beautiful as she looked in the pictures!
      - wait the dreadful 5-6+ months for my dark tan Impldoll Iris, try not to lose my mind while I wait lol DONE! Eury arrived in July and is even more stunning than I could've hoped for!
      - in the meantime, save up till around june and buy a summer wardrobe for Ayako, which will also be shared with any other modern-themed MSD-sized dolls I get in the future. I already have a full shopping cart on Alice's Collections, as well as a select few bits and pieces from Etsy and a few independent sites. Aya is gonna be so spoiled! At least until she gains a new roomate with a similar sense of fashion... Sort of? I bought Aya a good anount of clothes but not all at once, and my biggest purchase from AC was mostly clothes for her new MSD roommate, who I did end up getting!
      - then it'll be saving up for the next doll on my wishlist, Senior Delf Niya! Probably will start a layaway for her this summer, maybe august, and will probably finish by the time the holidays roll around. Layaway was started last month! A bit later than I hoped, and it's a longer layaway than I thought it'd be originally, but she's on a 6 month layaway on Denver Doll and should be on her way to me sometime next year hopefully!
      - sometime this year, probably over the summer when I have plenty of time to relax and get inspired, I need to figure out a plan for a character I thought I had shelled but now I'm not so sure. I need to shop around for the perfect doll to fit this character, and I might end up needing to hybrid to get it right. Done, ended up changing the concept slightly and completely re-shelling them, but now they're here as Monet/Mona, my genderfluid Minifee Alan head on a Charm Doll boy body, and I'm very happy with how they turned out!
      - plan out the group of tiny fairy-themed characters and how I'll shell them, probably won't start shopping for that project till 2022. Changed my mind a bit on this one, but I do still want to plan at least one 1/6 or smaller fae-themed creature doll to go with Titania, likely the Dream Valley Calle fullset in grey that I can't get off my mind as of late... but buying that will be in my 2022 doll plans to-do list!

Overall, I'm happy with how closely I've stuck to my goals this year, though to be fair most of them were easy and just involved waiting for dolls to arrive lol. In January it'll have been exactly 1 year since I entered this hobby and joined DOA, but I already feel so at home in the community! This time last year I didn't have a single BJD to my name, and now I have 4 (5 when Niya arrives!)
      a group photo to commemorate how my collection has grown over this past year:
      (left-right: Ayako, Monet, Titania, and Eurydice)
      [​IMG]

#246 gaymergoose, Oct 2, 2021
      Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
    7. Update on my 2021 plans!

• Continue getting face-ups for blank dolls Gotten some face-ups done, still more to go
      • Buy wigs, clothes, etc. for dolls that need it Bought a few things
      • Save for a Luts Delf boy body No longer buying
      • Get more writing done for my story and characters Didn't really get a chance to do this lol
      • Continue selling unwanted dolls and heads

8. Welp, it wasn't one of my plans, but I bought another head, before I got a body for my previous floating head, so... hopefully I can adjust next year's plans to include buying two bodies... but I've got some time left to work on my photography goals!

9. Hope I can get a 10w head and a peroth head in this year.:XD:

10. Put an order on either Honey Delf Lolly or Crobidoll Boni. Or both!

11. Ticking things off my 2021 doll list!

1. harucasting Maji - been eyeing her ever since. i heard rumors about a possible pre-order this summer. --so, the pre order just ended and i've successfully managed to get my hand on Maji!
      2. obscure kind dohwee - this one's a bit far fetched since the dollmaker has pretty much ceased communication. -- still no news from the maker. But its ok.
      3. luts model delf boy - not a hundred percent sure whether to get Terra or Diez. so this one's tentative until after i finished payment for my Maji. --this one would be moved to next year. Still not sure whether to go for Terra or Diez. Hopefully, i can finalize the details next year

hopefully, i get the chance to spend more time dolling and sewing.

12. Since I completed my relatively long list of creative and acquisition projects ahead of schedule this year (by the end of summer actually) I’ve been focused on slowly refining everything in my collection for the rest of 2021. It’s nice to finally be able to take a deep breath and devote time to this now that everything else for the year is already done. I’m taking the opportunity to tidy, refine and consolidate displays; group dolls together more effectively; make any necessary changes to eyes and wigs; enhance character development; tweak names; figure out wardrobe status and storage issues; catch up doll profiles; and anything else that needs doing. It’s truly wonderful to have the time to “just think” in depth about my collection at long last!;)

#252 PoeticSoul, Oct 4, 2021
      Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    13. Welp, things were pretty chill, especially since I didn't achieve what little I wanted too. But I will finally have some long awaited stability careerwise next year, so hopefully that will be the start of a busier year. If I can get my life in order before then...

* More sewing and crocheting practice!- I did a little practice but still haven't finished anything I wanted to. Ah well...
      * More photoshoots.- More like less photoshoots.
      * Keep the savings ready for when the three(!) dolls/parts I want finally come out.- None of them have come out. And one was very sadly canceled.
      * Get a body for the surprise resin head I just bought at the tail end of this year and get her clothes and such.- So instead of buying a body for this head, I ended getting a completely different doll for the character. She only recently arrived, so I suppose she will still need clothes and such.

Yep, the past two years have been pretty crazy, and once again, my new doll plans are at the whims of release dates so I will mostly try to focus on what I have.

14. I'm patiently waiting to purchase my grail dolls!

15. - I will one day have the perfect eyes for Tamara, but in the meantime, the ones I have suit me.
      - The Lumu is not sold
      - Everything about Pim's is good, from the eyes, to the outfit and make-up!
      - Two new dolls to finish custo :D

16. Haha, a year later really is wild. I expanded my collection, got into other types of dolls, sold off my resin dolls, sold off my other collections, and got back into resin. I've done a few faceups and just recently did the first one that I think is okay. :sweat

Who knows where I'll be a year from now!

17. Since Its December, I'm going to review what I managed to do this year.
      Received 5 dolls this year- Granado Tiny V-11 (ordered in 2020), Heartstrung Ruse I was lucky enough to find on DoA, Gem of Doll Capricorn, and two Soom FCE Petit Gems.
      Currently waiting on Granado Tiny Shadow, and Doll Leaves Laura.
      Sold one doll.
      Have another doll listed for sale.
      Made progress on Mission: Get everyone the right wig and eyes
      Made two of my MSD girls a new outfit

Hoping to do more sewing and give some of my many blank dolls face-ups next year.