1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll plans 2021

Dec 2, 2020

1. So many plans.. goodness.
      The wait for my dolls left me with too much time to come up with ideas, so now I'm set for probably the whole next year at least with stuff to do! :evilplot:

Meta: Make a binder for all these project pieces, so I can keep ideas and reference pics, as well as documenting the process.

I'll list it out by doll, then extras....

In house:
      • Myou Delia (fullset): Buy a nice doll stand, and suede her body in the middle at least. Style her shoes.
      • Comi Baby Cutie Yori (fullset): Remove outfit, and alter faceup. Create costume to shell her as Vanellope from Wreck-It Ralph.
      • Comi Baby Cutie Peridot (blank doll): Do faceup myself, install a wig. Dress her in Yori's outfit & upgrade outfit to look steampunk.
      • Comi Baby Lady Lulu (blank doll): Do faceup myself to make her look like Peridot's sister, install a wig, modify an outfit I bought from Comi Baby to look steampunk as well.

On their way:
      • Island Doll Ivy (doll only with faceup): create an outfit for her and add wig. I want her vibe to be rockstar-ish, maybe with a cool wig from Frapzilla if I can get my hands on one. Otherwise I may just HAVE to make one myself to get the colorful vibe. hah.
      • Island Doll Cassandra (blank doll): this was supposed to be my first blank doll to arrive, so she was supposed to be a practice doll for face-ups, but alas she will be the last blank doll to arrive. I'm having a hard time "seeing" her character TBH. Plans for her are faceup at least, then I don't know what outfit.
      • Dikadoll Mudan (doll with faceup): I'm going to sew a Miku outfit for her, and give her a blue wig and blue eyes.

Accessory/Extras:
      • Polar bear for Delia: I'll make this. I make stuffed animals regularly.
      • Blue Leopard for ... someone: This stuffed animal just needs to be made :) I know I'll make it fit into one of my doll characters :)
      • Yukata Outfit: I've got an old Yukata from a Japan trip that I have never looked at again. I'd like to scale it down so it can get some love. Not sure which doll will wear it yet.
      • Sculpt and mold for a 1/12 BJD: I want to be able to make multiples.
      • Sculpt a giraffe BJD: I only really intend to make a one off for this guy. We'll see.

*Deep breath* I love crafts. I'd be crazy happy if I got through all this.

To put a little bow on the outline, my hopes for other dolls to order are as follows, but I haven't planned for them yet since it's not set in stone....
      I put myself on the preorder for Frapzilla's new dolls, would like Alchemic Labo Dolls, and will be looking for a Volks Coco. We'll see what happens :kitty2

Edit: Oh and for gosh sakes, I really want to shell two of the Cyberpunk 2021 characters that I have on a poster.. but I think finding sculpts for them may be the biggest challenge out of all the things I've listed here. Again with this one, we'll see. Stretch goal.

2. I'm just starting out, so a lot of my plans a vague... But I do have some:

1. Get 3 dolls I currently have on my wish list.
      Done, thou the third one is still on the way and will show up early next year.

2. See if I like making wigs - I have several methods I would like to try out.
      Did not get to that one, brushed up on a lot of tutorials but still need to acquire materials...

3. Make some shoes.
      Another fail - with everything shut down all the time 3D scanning was not really available to me... Maybe next year.

4. One crocheting and several sewing projects.
      Kind of done - some crochet turned in to a LOT of crochet, so did not quite get to sewing yet, but not upset - outfit number is going up nicely :)

5. Makes some jewelry.
      Done, and some - made a tone of different necks and bracelets.

Oh and of course take lots of pictures while doing it! :)
      Weeelll... Not a lot, but I did take some. So I consider this one done as well :)

#22 Sshodan, Dec 2, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
    3. I've currently got five dolls on layaway/waiting for to be shipped (two tiny delfs, two minifees, and a MYOU YoSD). I might get two more tiny delfs to finish out a project and just call it quits on buying resin dolls and focus on my OT dolls/figures. I'd like to get some outfits commissioned and just try and "finish" the dolls I have/am getting, maybe sell some more stuff that I don't use.

4. I don't know why I make plans every year, I never follow them - but whatever, here are my plans for 2021

1) Focus on the doll display area.
      • Get started on all my display vignettes/scenes.
      • create the bar for my incoming alien
      • create one of Dr. Jiffy's sets (podcast? Judge Jiffy?)
      • creepy world for my incoming flower!birb
      2) The dolls themselves
      • send Pips for a faceup (three years I've been saying this, lol)
      • buy Pips and Thaddea's wigs (providing Formydoll has an air mail shipping option again)
      • sew that one lost button on Pips outfit
      • finish up all my dolls to their final form (including the non-resin)
      3) Other
      • try to only buy accessories/clothing that is needed for my current dolls.
      • buy ZERO dolls of any kind. But especially resin, since I bought 3 in 2020 and that was in no way planned.

5. Oh, and I might buy another doll and a body for my practice head if it turns out well. I really like the Yo-SD size and have been thinking about a MYOU Nina or a Honey Delf Brownie...

The practice head is one of the Doll Family A heads Alice's Collection sells for that purpose, and I'm not sure what size of body it needs. Probably a MSD!

6. SAME
      my original 2020 plans are long forgotten and none of them happened.
      Time to resurrect all the late 2020 plans that never happened therefor need to happen in 2021

One thing I'd really like to do is finish John. he's waited patiently for years for me to finish him, then had a huge setback when I bought him a new body this year and to redo everything I'd done (and I am not to that point yet). The first and biggest thing he needs is new jointed hands. They're on sale right now. I should just buy them.

If I get John done (or at least to the point his old body was at) I can do Man-Bat, because he's getting John's old body. Someday.

I had a good week for dolls, two of my guys I was unhappy with to the point where I wanted new heads and bodies for both of them, got switched around a little and now are near-perfect without me buying anything at all, so that's two full dolls off my wishlist!

I have a couple bodies I need for heads I own, and a few pets

I also need to figure out what I need to do with David. If I can get him a new head and body, I might be able to bring back Ryuji (David is using his body) and maybe....be done with dolls?? MAYBE?

Waiting
      Miracle Doll Mad Rabbit
      SQ Labs chibi heads (for Chibi John's body I bought in 2020)
      Doll Family H Pumpkin heads
      Meeksdoll Cain
      clothes (all of which were ordered with the dolls/parts so they'll never be here)

When / If all this shows up I'll have a lot more in my In Progress section.

Wishlist
      Jointed hands for multiple dolls
      A 60cm boy body - either NS or WS
      62-64cm girl body (for Meeksdoll Harlow)
      Doll Chateau Y-02 body (if I can get one)
      Dollshe Arsene head
      Eve Studio Jointed Snake
      Eve Studio fat cat

In Progress (I have them in my possession, I just need to work on them)
      Superior Spider-Man (his un-masked head is fine, the masked head needs work)
      Nightwing
      Wonder Woman
      Man-Bat
      John. Because Tattoos and hands
      Chiwoo vampire elf
      Bluefairy Sarang

Mods
      Chibi John f/m
      Superior Spider-man - head and hands
      The Batman Who Laughs head

Props
      Nightwing mask

Clothing (street clothes)
      Superior Spider-Man
      Bruce
      Nightwing
      Jack
      Griffin
      Olivia

Costumes
      Nightwing
      Superior Spiderman
      Moon Knight?

This is a lot of stuff and, as usual, I'll be lucky if I get around to any of it.

7. My girls wardrobes are all over the place as I've been trying to find their styles, this year I want to destash old clothes and invest in one or two core detailed outfits now that I have their styles more flushed out!

8. Probably no new dolls for 2021 - I want to focus on the current dolls I have. More specifically, setting up a glass display case for them and making at least 2 additional full outfits. Unfortunately I need to do a lot of decluttering before I can set up their display case :...(

9. Aesthetics, aesthetics, aesthetics. Maybe attempting to not add anything to my collection, but that never seems to work... :sweat (Plus I'll have two on order shortly, due to a sale I've been waiting on finally opening up, and a surprise discontinuation rapidly approaching so that's effectively already broken.)

But I have so many aesthetics projects I want to work on. Blushing newer dolls, refreshing older dolls, styling wigs, making/finishing clothes... Maybe even taking on learning some footwear, we'll see. :)

And I refuse to make a list of who's going when, because I never follow that and just pick up whatever I feel like whenever I feel like it.

• Continue getting face-ups for blank dolls
      • Buy wigs, clothes, etc. for dolls that need it
      • Save for a Luts Delf boy body
      • Get more writing done for my story and characters

#30 mirrorcle_world, Dec 2, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    10. As always, my plans are subject to change at any given moment, because I'm fickle like that, and never stick to my year plans. :XD:

My main plan for 2021 is to streamline my crew. Probably have fewer dolls, or at least not buy a lot more, and really focus on making them the best they can be with high quality clothes and accessories. This past year and a half has been pretty hard on me financially and emotionally and I've learned to get by with less and that I don't need a ton of dolls and even more stuff for them. I'm happy with a smaller crew (13 or fewer--I'm currently at 10) and realizing a handful of really nice clothing is better than having 30 outfits, but none of them are good quality.

So yeah. My goal for the new year is to cut back, but also improve everything.

11. oh where do i begin!

i am really looking to practice faceups more, i need to make my incoming yosd’s costume for resin rose. my sd and the yosd are going as alice and the white rabbit from alice in wonderland. i thought it was kinda adorable!

i’m hoping to complete my little yo’s cowboy attire and i’m REALLY hoping that i can buy a nice SD sized, late victorian gown that won’t cost me an arm and a leg. just the arm would be fine, but an arm AND a leg? too rich for my blood.

off topic, but another thing i’m hoping to get more into is porcelain doll restoration! already have two i’m looking to restore. so far i’ve cleaned them and their hair (they look SO much better) just more little things to fix after that- maybe repaint ones face if i can? if not, i’ll just add to it

i’ve said it time and time again, but i want to sew. i’m fine with little stuffed animals, but clothing is something i can’t wrap my head around. too much math for me. i really wanna be able to make something though... oh well, i’ll have to bite the bullet eventually!!

12. because I'm just now getting back into the hobby in the tail-end of 2020, I hope to really focus my time and energy on my small collection. I really don't hope I add any more, but who's to say I won't be overcome with the spirit of doll fever :sweat

13. I don't like to make toooo many plans nowadays with dolls, because I like to give myself a lot of wiggle room to do whatever makes me happy in the moment. But, it would be nice if I could:

1. Send my Delf Breakaway 08 head and my Migidoll Jina head away for some nice new face ups (this will be my last attempt at replacing my old Jina boy that I STUPIDLY sold and miss. If it doesn't work out I'm giving up Migidoll Jinas forever because my heart can't cope) (she says)
      2. Get a wig for the Breakaway, and a second wig for the Jina
      3. Find a Delf type 1 body for my Lishe head (I could live without this, but it would be nice)

14. Aside from getting bodies for a couple floating heads (and if DZ does another purple resin event), I don't want to buy any more dolls in 2021. I'm reaching max capacity in my apartment--and in my comfort zone--so I want to focus more on what I've got.

2020 has been a year without a lot of motivation, so I'm hoping to get back into the parts of the hobby I really enjoy in 2021--faceups, wig making, and sewing clothes. A few of my crew need updated faceups as they have been scratched/chipped over time and I also want to settle on a forever outfit for a couple of my dolls that are just kinda wearing whatever right now.

15. In 2020, it was:
      *̶P̶a̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶l̶a̶y̶a̶w̶a̶y̶s̶
      *̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶M̶S̶D̶ ̶b̶o̶d̶y̶ ̶
      *̶A̶n̶d̶/̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶y̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶a̶n̶ ̶S̶D̶ ̶b̶o̶d̶y̶
      *̶E̶l̶f̶ ̶e̶a̶r̶s̶
      *One or two specific wigs (If they can be found)
      *All gift dolls sent out
      *̶A̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶l̶o̶w̶i̶n̶g̶:̶ ̶R̶a̶p̶1̶9̶9̶3̶ ̶D̶a̶n̶n̶i̶,̶ ̶S̶u̶m̶m̶b̶e̶r̶b̶i̶r̶d̶ ̶M̶y̶s̶t̶i̶q̶u̶e̶,̶ ̶D̶i̶g̶i̶d̶o̶l̶l̶ ̶P̶u̶p̶,̶ ̶S̶o̶m̶n̶i̶a̶ ̶C̶r̶a̶w̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶D̶o̶l̶l̶s̶ ̶N̶a̶r̶a̶
      *̶C̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶u̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶l̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶
      *Finish faceups. T̶o̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶e̶u̶p̶s̶.̶ ̶W̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶j̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶l̶l̶s̶.̶

Stretch goals:
      *̶A̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶o̶d̶y̶
      *And/or body for Zelfain or Nabarro Har
      *̶N̶a̶b̶a̶r̶r̶o̶ ̶S̶u̶m̶n̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶W̶a̶l̶l̶y̶,̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶K̶a̶l̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶
      *̶M̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶h̶o̶t̶o̶s̶h̶o̶o̶t̶s̶
      *̶T̶w̶i̶g̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶L̶a̶d̶y̶?̶

Look at responsible Loptr! Paying off debts? Selling dolls? Sticking to the plan? Is this an alternate universe?!

...I'd like to think that 2020 was the year I 'matured' as a doll collector. Having to work with a significantly-reduced budget helped. (Around $300 less per paycheck than I've made for the past five years) Thanks to layaway and doll sales, I was able to bring home a number of grail and long-sought-after dolls. I even got to hit my only new doll goal- twice- and get into Rap's Danni preorder and Digidoll's. I do wish I could get Somnia Crawler's Nara, but for now, that's a dream. There are a couple of other orc options coming up on the market though, and that's exciting.

I did not get all of my faceup work done like I'd hoped. Nor did I get my photoshoots posted. But at least I took them, and all the parring down I've been doing in my collection means that my focus towards some heads will shift. And I have all the time in the world now to edit those photos. I also got some wicked new props which I can't wait to show off. One step closer to a fully-functional lab for my drow alchemist.

2021 is a year of uncertainty at this point. I'm going to have to switch up insurance coverage, and with health problems like mine, insurance is a must. I don't know how much I'm going to be paying yet. It sucks. But I am reluctant to take more hours at work for the sake of coverage- my mental health is better than it has been in years, and I actually get projects done.

But for sure I want to:

*Pay off my layaways
      *Keep purging and streamlining- enough to condense the cabinets
      *Acquire a grey SD male body
      *Get more elves eared
      *Character-specific wigs
      *More good-quality fantasy clothes
      *Catch Granado's Enoch vampire preorder in October
      *Shell Beliaer, if the doll is still for sale when I have budget space
      *Ship out gift dolls
      *More photoshoots taken and posted
      *Video? Comic?
      *Be able to open at least one WTB/WTT thread
      *Buy clothes and shoes for my EID/SID-size elves
      *Sew or sculpt something
      *Sculpt Zelfain's chin cuff, paint his horns
      *Update more faceups
      *Faceup for Astarion

Stretch goals:
      *Another Twigling
      *Body for Lucretious or Beytrian if Argonautica reopens preorders
      *Body for Vrishka if I can find one
      *Orc BJD?
      *Nice small-iris eyes if I can find them. (Many of my characters have violet, green, or blue scleras)
      *Outfit for Puck, Hux, or Astarion
      *Body for Zelfain/Har?
      *Fairyland or Dollshe preorder?
      *Other artist preorder?
      *Minifee hooves?

16. My biggest goal for 2021 is to refine my collection. I recently got my first mini, after seven and a half years of only tinies, and am so over the moon happy with her, I've realized some of the dolls I just like should really be sold.
      So my plans are:

1. Receive the Dollshe Hound I ordered over 2 years ago. (BJDivas has assured me he will be made and shipped, eventually)
      2. Ensure all the dolls that I'm keeping have wigs and eyes that suit them.
      Ethan: possibly new eyes
      Kali: possibly new wig
      Emrik or Firenze: possibly new wig
      3. As of early May I've ordered two Soom FCE Petit Gem anthros.
      Once they arrive, dye one blue, only the other needs eyes
      4. Finish sanding Firenze's seams.
      5. Hot glue suede my 3 single jointed Lume dolls in hopes of improving posing.
      6. Make a display space for the minis, if possible

1. Decide which dolls I'm willing to part with (Deciding is hard)
      (I've so far decided on 3)
      2. Sell the dolls I'm willing to part with.

General ongoing:
      Give more of the blank dolls face-ups
      Sew more clothes

In terms of new dolls, I want to re-shell Lin though I have not yet found the right doll.
      Myou Vieroudis is the only definite tiny on my wish list
      , though I've got a few maybes.
      Decided re-shelling Lin isn't practical. I'm going to try hot glue sueding him.
      As of April 10th I've ordered a Gem of Doll Capricorn through ACBJD. (Received June 2)
      Top of my wish list right now is a custom doll from Resin Soul and a MYou elf

#37 Leo Pheonix, Dec 4, 2020
      Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    17. Right now one of my plans is to sell some of my stuff, and then use that money to reinvest into my bjd collection, namely to do the following:

-Buy a minifee Klaus (technically I will be doing this before the 10th of December, but she'll be on a layaway with DDE, so I won't pay her off until 2021 anyways)

-Pay off my Withdoll Theo order with BJDivas. Since I've sold some things, I've gotten him paid off way in advance already. I have like 5 more months on my layaway and only two more payments, though I am hoping he'll arrive to bjdivas before late January so I can get him here in time for my birthday, since I am aiming to get him paid off early. I always prefer to have more time than I need for layaways.

-Buy two minifee Celines (this way I can get two extra heads for her, and an extra body for my minifee Siean, since I've wanted to get her a new body... though I might use this for a different floating head, and try to get an older aline renewal body for Siean secondhand so it's a little more yellowed and I have to do less resin matching)

Celine will be a "space popstar" according to my current plans, so I think she would be able to use the extra heads well. :)

-Buy two minifee Sirccas (similar situation for Celine, I want more heads lol, but this way I can also switch busts and maybe legs around. I want my sircca to have the moe D bust and maybe the moe legs with the aline torso. And give the 'extra' body to another doll. I am currently waiting for my minifee Mirwen order I've already paid off from Denverdoll so I can switch the aline legs and moe legs together to get a tall moe body and a short aline with a small bust, so just... more minifee hybrid combinations, lol)

Sircca will be a very mystical character, so I am hoping to use the normal heads for what she looks like normally, and maybe some cool pigment or glow in the dark paints for when she uses her powers. So like Celine, I think I'll be able to use the extra heads easily - but worse comes to worse, it's not hard to sell minifee heads if I don't use them.

-If I managed to swing the money for it, I'd also love to get a Dollzone B45-016, Loong Soul B-G42-03, and maybe the new Dreamvalley B4-11 body for hybrids.

Getting Klaus and Theo over 2021 is going to be a lot easier, since it'll be in the early part of the year, though I would be surprised if I managed to get both Celine and Sircca orders within 2021, not even including all of those extra bodies from other companies. It's a tall order, but a girl can hope, lol. It's at least fun to come up with the plans as a distraction from everything else going on, at least. :sweat

#38 Epona, Dec 5, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    18. Probably no more dolls. I’m going to wait for my four (!!!) dolls to arrive and work on completing them before I order any others. If, and this is a big if, I make enough progress on my current dolls I might order a tiny, but I’d rather focus on the ones I have for now.

I especially want to work on my sewing, because I have very specific outfits in mind for all of my characters and it’s hard to find exactly what I want unless I’m making it myself.

I would also like to shell some more of my characters, just so I have a sculpt in mind if/when I want to buy them.

19. Everyone finally has their "character outfits" more or less done, so now I can focus on tweaking and fun stuff. So-

* More sewing and crocheting practice!
      * More photoshoots.
      * Keep the savings ready for when the three(!) dolls/parts I want finally come out.
      * Get a body for the surprise resin head I just bought at the tail end of this year and get her clothes and such.

Pretty simple, pretty chill. Unless all those dolls come out simultaneously, then it will be chaos.