1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll plans 2021

Dec 2, 2020

1. I've decided not to make a list of all the things my dolls 'need'.
      It is a bit overwhelming anyway and I don't have the right fabric for everything.
      I do want to finish my dolls' face-ups, though.
      There are a few things I'd would like to try, like painting trousers and making props.

#81 Lilla, Dec 17, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    2. Work on Lukas. I might get another tiny, depending on how my income is.

I also plan on making more dolly clothes!

3. For 2021, I want to finish building my doll's look. So lots of buying and making stuff.
      I want to buy a new doll for my OC and reshell it, selling my old one.
      And maybe hopefully someone will ping me saying they're selling my dream msd's T_T

4. My 2021 Doll Plan :

- Waiting for a doll I've ordered last year to come. (I know it's sound absurd but I might have to try to get a refund and re-order her again. This girl had took me more than A YEAR now:sigh). The best part is I still "Want" her... At least for now.

- Cleanup my house and make a proper doll space. They are sharing my book shelf now, which is not very nice. I need a good place for them.

- Make more time to play with my doll and shooting more photos.

- Clear-out some clothing/wig/eyes that not suit with my doll / Buy-in some that I like... A change to say. Make some wig and clothing. Restring and maintenance my current doll.

That's all for now. No new doll plan (except they are the same mold with my current one for having a spare... smthng like that.):lol:

5. My 2021 Doll Plan is to:

1. Not buy more dolls (and heads) and be content with the ones I have ordered (I have 2 incoming SD males and a 75 cm male; plus 4 floating heads..) Most of them are from Luts (Diez head causes my wallet to Diiiiieeeeeeezzzz :chomp:)

2. Sell a doll mainly because it is only my first year into bjd but I will have a total of 7 dolls by next year (counting incoming ones and 1 female doll that will be ordered in a few days).

3. Trying to get into faceup.

4. Spend more time photographing and making concepts for my dolls.

I am hoping to not be swayed at all by any heads and dolls for the next few years...

6. Pay off layaways, then sew sew sew!

7. 2020 was the year I got my first doll (Doll Leaves Hily). In 2021 I definitely want to get some more clothes for her, because right now she only has one outfit, and some accessories such as mini books as well. Hopefully I'll also be able to purchase my second doll at some point next year-- I haven't totally decided which one it should be, though.

8. Not spend money! But that'll fail lol.
      I'm hoping to finish the doll house for my Pukis and maybe add a few anthro dolls. Pipos, soom, and cocorang(sp?) have been putting out adorable tiny anthros.
      And find pastel pink eye lashes for my Mini Machina. I haven't been able to find pale pink ones to save my life. I thought for sure some would pop up at halloween.

9. Body for my Dollzone Clare white head.

No jokes. Finding a body may take up to 10 years (

10. WOW! You are really ambitious!!

#90 Carolod23, Dec 20, 2020
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2020
    11. @Carolod23 Well it's whole year! And I tend not to do anything halfway - already started on crocheting and jewelry :lol:

12. I love these and I love seeing everyone’s responses :D it’s really inspiring :dance

I always try to not get any new dolls since space is always an issue for me but I’m pretty sure I’m gonna keep welcoming new dolls to my home in 2021. I’m currently waiting for my new Maskcatdoll and just added one of my dream dolls to my wishlist so yes, I will definitely be saying hi to at least a couple new dolls so I might as well not kid myself :sweat

I also want to sew and create more homemade items for my dolls. And redo and finish faceups it’s way too cold right now where I live to try faceups so am patiently awaiting summer.

finally I plan to make more time for photos! I think the craziness of this year helped me focus on my doll photography.
      I hope everyone has a fantastic year and an even better new year.

Cheers to our new dolly endeavors!

13. Some of my dolls need face-ups. I also need to catalog and put my dolls names on their stands.

14. I was only planning on getting one doll this year, but then COVID and quarantine, which meant No IRL BJD Meetups:horror:, so I had to do something to make myself feel good. I ended up buying my first two tinies, and putting three more on layaway.:whee:

So in 2021, I'll hopefully be getting those two dolls, and a body for one of my floaters. I'm planning on focusing on getting more doll stands and a glass case to put them in. That way, when I'm not playing with photographing them, they have a nice place to stay away from the cats.

I also want to make my incoming Doll Chateau Jedi boy at least two Jedi outfits, get him a purple light-saber, and a wig and eyes that will accent his alienness. I'm also planning on getting faceups for those dolls that need them, some clothes and shoes for ones with almost nothing to wear. and hopefully I can find some furniture for them as well. I also need to take more and better pics, something that I've not really done this year.:doh

I'd love to host a BJD meetup, but until the vaccines get out to everyone here in the US, I don't know when I'll be able to host one. so it might not be until 2022 that I host one.

Ryu

15. I only got into the hobby August this year but I need to stop spending lol!

My plan for 2021 is to finish my three layaways and wait patiently for them to arrive :XD:

16. In 2021 I really want to buy bodies for my two new msd heads and send them out to get face ups! After that I shouldn't need to buy anymore dolls / heads unless something comes up. Most importantly I would like to work on character and story development for my dolls and also do more photo shoots!

17. To take a moment to look back... It looks like I didn't post in the 2020 thread, but I did vote in the poll: buy new dolls, pay layaways, work on dolls I have, and sculpting. Interestingly, I didn't choose "practice faceup/body blush skills," which I actually did do this year lol.

So, let's see... I did buy new 2020 dolls- several! Including DZ Anson and Sawareida, two big dolls from my wishlist. And a Dollmore Trinity. Very expensive year for me, and probably a bad year to do so, LOL.
      I did pay layaways-- Including paying off my 12-month layaway for DC sexta from the 2019 discontinuation. The Trinity was originally a 12-month layaway, but that ended up being paid off early.
      Work on dolls I have ...... no :sweat "Work on dolls I have" is going to be on my to-do list every year, honestly. I... pinned things on my pinterest board? Oooo, impressive.
      Sculpting... ehh, not so much. I've pulled out my clay, but nothing new exists as a result.

As for 2021, Let's see...
      There's 2 dolls that cross my mind still. I'd like to add them to my collection: DZ Moment (to complete the anson/moment/sawarieda trio) and PathosTale Pan (me and a few others, it seems).

i'd like to work on the dolls I have (as always), and maybe have something tangible to show by the end of the year this time. Planning and thinking are part of the fun for me, though, so I'm not disappointed with what I've done this year.

I have some new thoughts and projects kicking around I'd like to explore. I bought a Cricut Maker, so I wonder if having a cnc machine will help me translate some plans into tangible things. Part of my issue is just an inability to translate things into a physical medium

I've been collecting since 2017 or something, but my involvement is very off-and-on. 3 years isn't really that long, in terms of exploring this hobby and deciding who I "am" and what I like within it. I'm sure my resin collection is eventually going to implode and I'm going to cannibalize my under-used resin for new stuff. I contemplated it this year, but it didn't really happen, and I'm fine with that. Maybe 2021; maybe not. I'll ~follow my heat~ on that sort of thing.

Coming into 2021, I'm bringing a 12-month layaway for dlace male ex-machina, but that's it. I'm open to new layaways, but I think I'm getting to the point where I need to consider what I like vs. what's a passing interest vs. what I'd actually benefit from owning. In an ultimate acknowledgement of this, I think I'm going to put a DZ Jade Bird on layaway, who is 1. a YoSD, which I have minimal interest in, and 2. a theme from a passing fascination of mine. Let's see how it goes!

i have an itching to round up some random heads and bodies that are kicking around the periphery of my interest. I think I'd like to pick up a normal human girl doll, with either the SartoriaJ body or the Argonautica plus size body. But I guess there's no point in that until I pick a head to go with it!

It would be cool if all these resin parts can come together into something complete, lol.

I think I'd like to invest time time next year in roomboxes and displays. In that realm of things, I'd like to give my craft and doll room a huge overhaul. It's an unorganized mess as-is! And there's no place to display my dolls.

I think that's it... getting my craft room into something that makes sense is a big deal, and I'd love to see it done. Let's see where we land in 2022!

18. I've been on a bargain hunting spree on the marketplace lately so that might continue (thank you depression for trying to fill the career hole with dolls). I also, and this would be weird anywhere else- am in need of head magnets! the ANS Narcissus head I bought a couple years ago doesn't have any. Right now her head cap is held on with tape and a rubber band. I also need more yes and wigs. AND since I JUST got Narcissus a body I'm having trouble finding a wig that works with her horns... So basically she's bald and eyeless but dressed....

I'd like to say I have good plans, but they mostly go out the window anyway. I hope to continue getting my dolls things they need like shoes, socks,eyes, wigs, clothes, etc. But 9 out of 10 I end up just buying another doll...

19. I've been waiting maybe 6 years, but in 2021 I DEFINITELY plan on buying my first doll! While theres a lot I like I'm still looking to try to decide on my first doll :) I'd love to have a 1/3 size doll....but I feel like my first one should be smaller lmao

20. So, 2020 was definitely a weird year for my collection. I’m starting to feel like I’m at capacity, doll-wise, and there are a few that I need to let go of. Overall, though, the dolls that I love I really, really love and I’m glad that I have them! For 2021, I’m setting the following goals:
      • Sell all my spare bodies and heads
      • Purge my clothing/eyes/etc collection
      • Sell at least 2 dolls
      • Get face-ups for Edelweiss Gideon, Rosettadoll Zio, and Freedom Teller Amber
      • Pick-up another SDGr girl body Finally found one! I've had the funds for a while but nothing popped up.
      • Bring home Migidoll Nova ...and took the plunge here.
      • Order SD17 clothes from TTYA
      • Order SD13 girl clothes from Nine9style
      • Take more photos!

#100 mustbemissa, Dec 21, 2020
      Last edited: Feb 24, 2021