1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll plans 2021

Dec 2, 2020

1. I have brought 22 dolls in 2020. So the goals for next year are:
      1. Buy 22 wigs (Cost: $506)
      2. Buy 7 dresses (Cost: $122)
      3. Buy 22 pairs of shoes (Cost: $294)
      4. Buy 22 pairs of underwear or bloomers (Cost: $220)
      Total cost: $1142

#121 Noodles, Dec 31, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    2. 1. Find a Volks Cecile Scarface
      2. Find a DOT Shall
      3. Rip out shelves from my current bookshelf and build a better doll space.
      4. (if travel re-opens) go back to Japan + Korea for some doll shopping

#122 Insane-Chan, Dec 31, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    3. During 2021, my current doll universe/story will be finished as I am currently waiting for the last dolls for it (it will be 12 dolls total then). I plan on treating them, getting the last outfits finished and playing with them. But after that, I did have a random thought: what if I did try something I failed at years ago? It will be five years in the hobby for me next year, and about five years ago I wrote a novel that I then tried to shell into dolls. After getting two dolls I started feeling discouraged by the whole project, so I sold them and started my current OC story that is purely made up for doll collecting.

However, back in 2016 when shelling my novel failed, I was a stingy student who did not want to invest much in the hobby. I did not exactly buy dolls perfect for the characters but affordable ones (even in different sizes because MSD was cheaper so they did not even go together), and I definitely did not buy clothes. My novel story has dolls that will require extra care and inevitably, money. One character is in wheelchair, for example, and I do not like those hospital chairs in the market so I'd need to order a custom welded chair. Another doll has special abilities of transformation. So I think the reason I failed at shelling the novel last time is because I tried to cheap out too much and it affected my bonding. Long story short, I'd like to retry shelling just a few, maybe four, core characters of my novel once my current dolls are finished.

4. Get another SDGr girl for my second dealer dress and get a display case!

5. Pretty simple but!
      >Wait for dolls to arrive
      >Get better at sewing doll-sized so they can have more outfits
      >Clear up a space specifically for photos(and maybe get some props for it)
      >Learn how to properly style wigs

6. Finally a new year!!
      I hope everyone is well. :hug:
      What are some dolls you hope to acheive this year?? I'd love to hear you all!!
      Have an amazing start. <3

7. I'm looking forward to getting my Pukifee Ante this year and might pick up a Tiny Delf as well when it comes around to new sculpt time. I'm also thinking about expanding my collection of Cocoriang animal pals too!

I think my curiosity is satisfied... for now. :sneaky

8. I would love to get my Doll Chateau Alva a body, if the stars align, a tan Minifee Jiyu, and most likely, a tan Maskcat Lisette:love

9. Happy New Year's! I want all the dolls on my wishlist lol. But really, I do want to branch out of Volks dolls. I absolutely love Volks, but I do want to have other dolls from different companies as well. I'd also love an Angelphilia doll. I'm unfamiliar with vinyl dolls.

10. Happy New Year, everyone <3

I'm quite reluctant as I've made such a list before and I got none of the plans realised, but hey, why not try again :)
      So, I really, really would love to:

1. Finish up the projects I have already begun working on (sewing & crafting) so that partly-assembled stuff doesn't collect any more dust :D
      (edit 25th Feb: I have partly finished some projects yay!)
      (edit 21st Mar: I have actually finished-finished some projects (a third of everything planned)
      (edit 9th Dec: I have finished a few projects (some of them waited) and I began new ones afterward. Some are still WIPs but I can see the end more clearly now <3

2. Re-do two faceups - completed
      (edit 21st Mar: I have already wiped off the old ones and sprayed the varnish foundation)
      (edit 28th Mar: I have already done the faceups yay! Both sufficient rather than magnificient xD

3. Sell some stuff and get rid of unnecessary dolly clutter
      (edit 25th Feb: I have sold a lot, but I had some new stuff arrive and decided to rethink things again xD)
      (edit 21st Mar: I haven't had time to list the sales yet)
      (edit 28th Mar: I have listed a lot of dolly items and already sold some yay! Still a lot more to go.
      (edit 29th Mar: I have sold a full doll yay :D
      (edit 10th Apr: I have sold a body yay :D More space :)
      (edit 10th May: I have sold a doll yay :D Almost there!
      (edit 12th May: I have sold a doll head :D Aaaalmost there!

4. Take them out for photos more often
      (edit 25th Feb: Having been taking them out, but have been taking more pics in general)
      (edit 21st Mar: Still didn't have time, plus the weather's been too cold)
      (edit 10th May: I've been out once, so it's always something :)

5. Buy no more than maybe one more doll at most. But would be cool if willingly I bought none.
      (edit 25th Feb: so far, so good :) )
      (edit 21st Mar: so far, so good!)
      (edit 10th May: so far, so good!)
      (edit 12th Nov: failed a little I bought JUST ONE doll, but had wanted it for several months if not more)
      (edit 9th Dec: Failed a freaking lot.... bought another. Now i have the 'overwhelm' anxiety and plan to sell 2 or 3 within next two months, as soon as the one ordered in Nov arrives and I see my collection complete enough to see who needs to go)

6. Maintain my shoe collection but also have my dolls actually wear their shoes lol xD
      (edit 21st Mar: failed a little: just bought a new pair I liked, but I wanted it for ages!)
      (edit 12th Nov: failed a little more: bought two other pairs: sneakers and winter boots. But they're something totally different than the rest in my collection!)
      (edit 9th Dec: No new pair aside from these three for this year. AWESOME :D

7. Minimize on other non-dolly items (including physical objects and things that take my time) so that I have more time and space for happy doll... owning? :) (I'm not a collector per se anymore ;))
      (edit 21st Mar: I have given away many art supplies and I have a full small box of bjd craft supplies waiting to be shipped to my dolly friend)
      (edit 28th Mar: I just listed a lot of stuff for sale online, I have already shipped the craft supplies and it's going great!
      (edit 10th April: I have sold several barbies and other items like books and stuff :) More space & time for BJDs now! <3
      (edit 9th Dec: I have sold even more barbie stuff. I am using up the stashed of dolly clothes fabric and sewing supplies (beads, etc). and doing't fine there :D

#130 CutieKitty, Jan 1, 2021
      Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    11. 1. Stop buying dolls for a while--Slow down! Enjoy what I have!
      2. Finish the room box.
      3. Find a way to make the room box kind of spooky looking inside.
      4. Get my pre-ordered FairyLand MNF Celine and finish dressing everyone up.
      5. Possibly get a better camera than my phone for taking non-flash pictures.

12. 1) Sew my Migidoll a pair of pants, so that I can learn how to do it.
      2) Make clothes for all 7 (soon to be 7) dolls. :|
      3) Get a body for my soon-to-be floating head. :sweat
      4) Make clothes for that body, too.

13. I'm already making a dent in this with starting up clothing a specific subset of dolls. Right now I'm working my way through a set of embroidered winter cloaks for each of them, with one down, one ready to start, and the fabric selected for three more. I'll be working on that second one later today, then deciding which one I'm moving on to as #3.

14. For 2021 my plans involve...

1. Give the Myou doll to my mum when it arrives. My mum loved how pretty my bjd was but chose a wholly different company.

2. Have clothes and shoes that actually fit. I've been ordering the wrong size and need to alter.

3. Find a permanent place to display my precious boy. The closet is not an option.

4. Buy another shiny doll. Definitely want a fantasy sculpt unsure of what.

15. Looks like I already have to update this!

I made my list at an uncertain period. Boy did that change in the latter half of December. Odd hours meant less money, so I had to sell a bunch of stuff. My collection is suddenly more condensed. I'll have to spur myself now, but it was a push in the right direction.

I know now to:

*Pay off my layaways
      *Keep purging
      *Grey male SD body OR muscular SD female O̶R̶ ̶p̶l̶u̶s̶ ̶s̶i̶z̶e̶ ̶S̶D̶ ̶b̶o̶d̶y̶
      *Get more elves eared
      *Granado Vampire Enoch in October
      *Ship gift dolls
      *Clothes/shoes for SID/EID
      *Update faceups and paint some new faces
      *Krowbar/Digidolls demon boy
      *Faceup for Astarion
      *Sculpt Zelfain's chin cuff / Paint his horns
      *Sew or Sculpt something
      *More photoshoots, possible video
      *More clothes/shoes in general
      *Character wigs / eyes if possible

Stretch goals:

*Reshell Beliaer if the doll is still available
      *Another body for someone
      *Specific character outfit for someone
      *Another wishlist doll
      *Dragonsoul Cat head with elf ears
      *Fairyland Minifee hooves?

I have a Dust of Dolls Chae and a Twigling Obsidian Elbe on preorder now. And.... that's it. No new doll plans until I pay some others off. I want to focus on clothes, wigs, eyes, and painting. I had a pile of incoming resin throughout 2020; some of it I have been waiting over a year for. Particularly looking forward to painting my Dust of Dolls ladies, Twigling Oryx, and my Anhais Ganimedes.

Edit: I have broken this rule already. :sweat I found an Argodoll plus-size girl in normal skin, so can cross that off the list. I also commissioned two specific pairs of eyes, and bought quality outfits and a pair of shoes for some of my bigger elves.

#135 Loptr, Jan 2, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    16. 1. Buy only bodies for floating heads in my drawer
      2. Finish modifications, blush, faces etc.
      3. Go to a photography course and learn how to better capture my existing dolls

17. My 2021 goals for my dolls are:

- Focus on character creation, both in terms of character profiles and creating a look for each doll.
      -Sewing! As part of the above, creating a fullset for each of my girls. Morena (Supiadoll Eunice) and my incoming Impldoll Cherise both have complete outfits for their characters, but the rest of the crew does not.
      -Get face-ups for my blank dolls (currently a DC Medusa and an incoming FaewoodsDoll naga girl).
      -Sell the clothes/shoes/wigs that I've bought that either don't fit or no longer work with the aesthetic I want.
      -Figure out if I want to keep my incoming DZ Peach, and sell her if not.

In terms of buying new dolls, I'm hoping that MewieFish does a preorder for Novgorod in gray skin. I don't have any other plans for new dolls, but I'm sure they will happen anyway :)

18. My plans/goals for 2021:
      1. As every year, do faceups on all the blank dolls. Except this time, try not to care about how much the filters for the mask cost, and only work on a face I'm excited to be working on, rather than force myself to do the others as well at the same time simply to save on filters.
      2. Buy eyes, preferably for all those that need them but even just the ones I've already decided on would be great.
      3. Work on wigs. Whether it's buying mohair/alpaca/whatever, dying some, making wig bases or actually making the wigs, any progress would be great.
      4. Sew at least something for the dolls, no matter how small.
      5. Since I've lately felt inspired about jewellery and accessory making, actually get around to making some rather than just think about it :sweat
      6. Reshell Perry, if the sculpt I want becomes available in the color I want.
      7. Buy at least 1 body, preferably at least for April since she needs one I don't already have (and therefore, can't do clothing for her character until I get one). The other floating heads have bodies to share so they aren't quite as high of a priority.
      8. Not sure if I can afford and/or justify it this year on top of everything else, but if I do, buy some more furniture kits.

19. 1. Get access to the marketplace
      2. Get at least two of my floating heads bodies
      3. Buy a FL littlefee Piki

20. My plan for 2021 is to focus on my dolls, like sewing new clothes making new eyes for them etc. and I have a bigger project in my mind, 1/3 scale bookshelf filled with tiny books for my bjd's! I hope I can achieve my goals <3