1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll plans 2021

Dec 2, 2020

1. I think for 2021, I need to focus on sorting and organizing my doll clothing, wigs, and related items. The dolls themselves could probably use some cleaning, as well! I don’t have any plans for more dolls, but I’m sure that won’t stop new dolls from possibly coming my way, haha~

2. I really want to do a layaway this year. There's just something about the process of paying off a layaway I really enjoy, so I'm currently narrowing down my wishlist. I think I'm deciding between a Dollmore Alexia, a Big Baby from MYou or maybe a hybrid, or a Dream Valley Alter. I also need to get new filters for my mask and finish some face ups, sell a couple of dolls that I'm not bonding with, and get my dolly area organized. I also got a beautiful new camera for Christmas, so I'm DYING to dive deeper into photography and see if I can take better pictures of my crew!

3. Hopefully, I can get my first BJD I long want :love- I was not able to get in 2020 due to the weird situation.

4. My Goal is to locate the Bimong “new” body. I have two already but still really prefer this body . Other than that I’m trying to be good, we will see how long that lasts.

5. I was going to try and concentrate on vinyl this year, but then Luts released a bunch of limited gorgeous tans and a limited model delf Xylon head, so now I have a tan md Bliss + Xylon head + kdf event head on layaway, which means I'm also going to have to get a mdf Diez since I've kinda wanted him and Bliss together, plus I'm going to have to get bodies for the floating heads, plus if the tans come back in the summer I might get a Zuzu Lio in tan as well, plus I'm also in a split for a 7th day Horus head which will also need a body...

So the vinyl plans might end up being pushed back a bit. On the other hand, I'm going to Japan in the next few years and I'm mostly planning to pick up vinyls/DD Dream Choice then, so maybe I get a bit more time to plan all that out.

6. Well, goals number 1 and 2, (after paying off layaways in progress) is to get bodies for both my DC Hyman and my DollPamm Seravie. Other than that, not much planned!

7. Ok I've updated my plans to stop looking at doll pages for at least half a year as my plans to get into this hobby slowly did not work out at all :abambi:.
      The only doll I'll allow myself to hunt down second hand is KDF Aengdu as I can't get her out of my head ;).

Other than that I will focus on my small doll collection and make/buy them nice things instead. Also I still need to find names for them. And my goal to designate a place for my dolls that's not just "the box" will stay the same.

8. My resolutions:
      • Get better at faceups and wigs! Especially masculine ones.
      • Find my grails at a REALLY good price ( or at the very least, one of them...)
      • ...stop adding grails to my list, and stop spending so much money on this hobby :sweat
      • along that line of thought, no more out-of-story dolls! Unless they fall into the story of another doll I own.

9. Finish paying off the boy I’m getting second hand, get him some new hands and some clothes etc, get bodies for my floating heads and faceups for my two blank girls! They’re the most pressing things for me this year

10. I just got a new doll after 7 years of inactivity so plans are:

Dye some alpaca and make her a wig
      Faceup and body blushing
      Tattoos for body
      Try my hand at making shoes/clothing. :3nodding:

11. Mine are very simple this year.

-pay off all of my current layaways
      -receive all the dolls I currently have on order safely
      -order Harucasting Guerim and Morae when they go up for preorder
      -complete all dolls (this is fairly simple for me, I usually do it within a week of receiving each doll.)
      -order some bodies for my Minifee heads towards the end of the year, but only if I can really afford to.

12. I only got into this hobby mid-last year, so I have so much to build on. I currently own 6 floating heads and for full doll. I also have a 65cm and a 73cm doll body on the way.

So my plans this year are mainly to buy bodies for the remaining heads as well as outfits, eyes and wigs.

As for actual doll plans, I don't have a set plan, but I am determined to own Sunho, buy a full Loong Soul or Soul Doll, and maybe start attempting my own face ups.

13. I was really hoping the last doll I ordered in 2020 would be here by now (a secondhand purchase within the same country, technically only a few states away)...but alas, even though the seller shipped her the same day and provided a tracking number, her status is still showing up as pre-shipment. :pout: I'm not especially surprised given the other shipping nightmares I've had the past couple of months, but it's still a disappointment. As soon as she's home and I've got her styled (I should have everything she needs), my crew of large dolls will be (hopefully) complete and I can work on solidifying their characters and playing with world-building and stories featuring them. I'm pretty happy with all of their current wigs/eyes/outfits and set-up, so hopefully no more big expenditures, at least in early 2021. I'm also hoping to maybe, possibly take and post more pictures and perhaps improve my photography skills throughout the year.

I'm not planning to buy new dolls, but we all know how that goes. :sweat I don't have anyone currently on my wishlist, though I low-key want a plus-size doll, if only to support more body diversity in this industry. I love buying secondhand dolls, so finding one will be a rarity, and while I like the idea of buying a new doll and directly supporting the artist, I'm not ready to plunk down the funds to preorder a doll for a character who's not firmly in mind yet. To use an anology I read elsewhere on this forum, for me, dolls are something like actors that I "hire" to play specific roles. Sometimes they don't work out for the character they were hired to play, but often I love the doll enough that I either alter the role or create a new character for them. Each doll is a creative prompt and something beautiful to look at in these crazy times, and I hope to enjoy my collection to the fullest in 2021.

Edit: My lost-in-the-mail doll arrived at long last! And...I've already broken down and ordered another. This one should complete my SD group though, I swear!

#153 Rakonto, Jan 10, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    14. Hmm... plans for the year. I essentially have 2 "crews". One is mostly all together and set to go. The other is brand new and fledgling, as in from a cast of 8 (possibly as many as 10), I have 4 who are either here and naked or still on the way home. The new crew needs *everything*. After a several-year hobby hiatus, this new crew is what's pulled me back in. In so doing, it has come to my attention that quite a bit of my doll stuff (clothes, mostly) is missing - I'm sure it's all in storage, I just have to find it. It's all stuff for my first/old group, but still, I need to find it. I guess that should be #1, but as I know that will happen, I'm not counting it in the list. Therefore........

1) Get Nathaniel and Lily their faceups (Nathaniel is a little harder since he's an Obitsu and I'm having trouble finding an artist)
      2) New hands for Quinn (broken fingers) and Keys (current ones too small for my liking)
      3) Add to collection: Alice (Mirodoll Daisy/new MSD girl body), Sebastian (RS Wu), Charlotte (Obitsu 40cm girl/undecided about sculpt OR MYou Martha - I'm still not sure which)
      4) Get Finn a body so he can stop floating around
      5) Put everyone together
      6) Eyes for: Madelaine, Nathaniel, Alice, Lucy, Dalton, Sebastian, Charlotte, and Finn
      7) Wigs for: Zane, Madelaine, Nathaniel, Alice, Lucy, Dalton, Sebastian, Charlotte, and Finn
      8) Buy outfits (or main parts of outfits) for: Nathaniel, Dalton, Alice, Sebastian, and Finn
      9) Sew outfits (or main parts of outfits) for: Madelaine *material on the way*, Lucy *material on the way*, and Charlotte
      10) Buy and/or make all the accoutrements and accessories for: Madelaine, Nathaniel, Dalton, Lucy, Alice, Sebastian, Charlotte, and Finn
      11) Figure out what I want to do about a few dolls and floating heads I have - give them characters or sell them
      12) Decide if the cast of 8 is going to become a cast of 10 - if so, do the above for the remaining 2 (dolls, eyes, wigs, and outfit)
      13) Buy a few stands so all the dolls don't have to sit - just for aesthetics and visual interest

I'd LOVE to create some rooms and/or dioramas for both of the groups, but in my current shoebox house, there's just no way. That's for much later.

15. Like others in the thread, I'm looking forward to getting my first doll this year! Or, that is the plan. I'm in the process of narrowing down my choices. I've told myself I will invest in only one doll this year to both budget safely and to learn if BJDs are something I want to continue with before going 'too far'. Unfortunately, I'm very focused on finding a body that poses well, and I've just got too many potentials on my list to make a firm decision with that decision in place. An idea I've had is that- budget willing- I could potentially branch out to 2 dolls, if I enjoy the 1st BJD. It's just a slippery slope for me when I start going "Oh, but maybe just 2..." because that quickly becomes "Oh, but I can save up for a 3rd...". It's definitely already happened with my fashion dolls, lol.

I feel a lot of hesitation to make the plunge into BJDs. I've enjoyed fashion dolls for awhile now, so I know dolls are an interest of mine, but I consider BJDs to be in a realm of their own, partially because of the price. There's many things I am not interested in creating personally [wigs, for example] so there's both purchasing the doll and then the additional side purchases to factor into the overall cost. I do love sewing for dolls, though, so that is one piece of the puzzle I can solve. I've been seriously considering a BJD for a solid year now, admiring them from afar for much longer, so I also know it isn't necessarily an impulsive interest that will fade quickly.

My sincerest best wishes for others in the thread! There's so many creative projects and ideas planned for 2021, it'll be fun to read the upcoming threads.

16. My plans for this year start with me being more active in the hobby on here and on instagram!! I tend to just lurk and not interact with people. I want to start complimenting people and speaking with more people so I can begin to get more friends in the hobby, that way when I'm talking about doll stuff I have a few more people who actually know what I'm talking about.
      In terms of dolls purchases, the biggest goal that I have is to successfully purchase The Voice's Eagle whether that's through WeChat or somewhere else. It will probably end up being the hardest thing for me to get, since I failed when they had their preorder in December (it sold out in literally seconds.) Next, I want to buy a Bimong Dandelion body, and then Full Heaven x Sealed Heaven's updated Rei head (if they decide to sell it officially.)
      Hopefully also, I will be able to properly finish a couple of dolls that are coming in this year in terms of faceups, wigs, eyes, etc!
      Also, maybe this year I'll stop spending so much on Taobao for clothing and crafting supplies, but that probably will not be happening, lol.

17. I would love to get one of my dream dolls this year! But my plan is to take more pictures of the dolls I have, potentially buy one or two (if I’m lucky) more dolls this year and get a body for my floating head!

18. Pay off a layaway, make clothes for the dolls, and props/setting for a shelf. Maybe some pics, I'm not much of a photographer though

19. My plans were supposed to be not to buy any new dolls that weren't on my wishlist, of which there were only 4 left. I failed immediately. I somehow have three dolls currently on the way and a fourth on layaway already this year. To be fair, two of those were purchased at the end of last year, so I'm not going to count them!

After all of these new arrivals, I'm planning to thin out my herd slightly. I suddenly find myself a bit overwhelmed with the number of new dolls I got last year, and need to really decide on some "keepers".

For the rest of the year, I plan on focusing on improving my faceup skills, to keep doing modifications/restorations, and practice sewing. I would love to someday take commissions so I need to keep improving and build up a portfolio. I also would love to try and create a space for photography and to take more photos. I've done a lot of acquiring so now I would like to focus more on enjoying!

20. EDIT: oh no things changed

One thing I'd really like to do is finish John. he's waited patiently for years for me to finish him, then had a huge setback when I bought him a new body this year and to redo everything I'd done (and I am not to that point yet). The first and biggest thing he needs is new jointed hands. They're on sale right now. I should just buy them.

If I get John done (or at least to the point his old body was at) I can do Man-Bat, because he's getting John's old body. Someday.

I had a good week for dolls, two of my guys I was unhappy with to the point where I wanted new heads and bodies for both of them, got switched around a little and now are near-perfect without me buying anything at all, so that's two full dolls off my wishlist!

I have a couple bodies I need for heads I own, and a few pets

I also need to figure out what I need to do with David. If I can get him a new head and body, I might be able to bring back Ryuji (David is using his body) and maybe....be done with dolls?? MAYBE?

So I got a Dollshe Arsene head for David (yay!) and it works best on the RGM04 body Constantine was on - So I gave Constantine my Dollmore Model body that was waiting around for Man Bat which means Man Bat now has no body and I have to remove tattoos and sand the neck of the DM body for Constantine because I love him on it and it's his now. Also waiting on new things––

Waiting
      Miracle Doll Mad Rabbit (Alice Collections)
      SQ Labs chibi heads (for Chibi John's body I bought in 2020)

Doll Family H Pumpkin heads and skull masks (Alice Collections)
      Meeksdoll Cain
      clothes (all of which were ordered with the dolls/parts so they'll never be here) Sadol stuff got here! Still waiting on Alice Collections.

Logan Doll Pan head
      Dollzone Shrimp Cat

Wishlist
      Jointed hands for multiple dolls
      A 60cm boy body - either NS or WS
      62-64cm girl body (for Meeksdoll Harlow)
      Doll Chateau Y-02 body (if I can get one)
      Dollshe Arsene head
      Eve Studio Jointed Snake
      Eve Studio fat cat

In Progress (I have them in my possession, I just need to work on them)
      Superior Spider-Man (his un-masked head is fine, the masked head needs work)
      Nightwing
      Wonder Woman – David's head got dyed and is now Wonder Woman so she can be worked on now!!
      Man-Bat
      John. Because Tattoos and hands
      Chiwoo vampire elf
      Bluefairy Sarang
      mummy - unoa / Dollmore kid hybrid
      Creepy vampire Boogyman
      Chibi John
      Chibi Hellboy
      Chibi Bilbo (just needs a little work and better clothes)
      Chibis Sherlock and John Watson (BBC versions)
      Chibi Aishe
      Chibi Uriel
      Chibi Catwoman's cats (she has two. Both blank)

Mods
      2 Dollmore Kara Klum heads - Fixing the old open-mouth mod I did on one of them, and closed the eyes of the other

Chibi John f/m
      Superior Spider-man - head and hands
      The Batman Who Laughs head

Props
      Nightwing mask

Clothing (street clothes)
      Superior Spider-Man
      Bruce
      Nightwing
      Jack
      Griffin
      Olivia

Costumes
      Nightwing
      Superior Spiderman
      Moon Knight?

This is a lot of stuff and, as usual, I'll be lucky if I get around to any of it.
      __________________________________________________________________________________

Updates: I got a couple of the heads I was waiting for so I can do things with them. But I also started new projects since I wrote this post - I put together Sherlock and Watson in Chibi form, using two anime heads I wasn't using and two YO sized bodies (one I was going to use, so he's put on hold for a while) so they need faceups and whatever else they need. Chibi John's heads finally arrived, and unlike the rejected last three (this is where Sherlock and John W. came from), these are perfect!! So now I can finally work on him after years of trying.

So might this be the year I finally get the Chibi Crew done?! MAYBE!! Hellboy has been in progress for literal years. He's just blank and waiting for his tail and hooves. I have added them all to the list.

My To-List is very long. It would be nice to get some of that done and stop adding more dolls. But I've been trying to get BJD Sherlock off the ground since before I had DC dolls so they don't count (they totally count)

#160 VampireAngel13, Jan 13, 2021
      Last edited: Mar 3, 2021