1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll plans 2021

Dec 2, 2020

1. Top of the list for 2021 is to get Hazuki to a "finished" point. I think she's almost where I want her.
      Additional things I am thinking of (but maybe for another year) are: cross necklace, rose earrings, jointed hands, boob mod or new body.
      • Find the right wig
      • Get wig cap
      • Modify clothing to fit better
      Next is working on Kasumi.
      • Face-up
      • Wig cut/style
      • Start working on outfit/armor
      I have a feeling I will also start on Tori's armor.

2. I'm just getting back into BJDs again so I'm pretty excited to start the year off with them!

My sister is sending my first dolls to me so I'm going to give them makeovers! They are Luts KDF Yuz (Neah) and two KDF Summer 2013 Event Heads (Hinoko and the other is unnamed). I also got a secondhand Little Monica Little Sophia in the last week!

I don't have specific plans for Neah and will probably just change around his wig until I find something suitable and then try to redo his faceup to go with the wig. For Hinoko, I do like the original lip color I gave her so I'll probably just go over her faceup and define it more. The other summer event head doesn't have a body but I think I'll try to make the faceup almost opposite of Hinoko's.

For the Little Sophia, I have to come up with a name. :sweat My original plan was to have a Sophia boy but I got the doll secondhand with the girl's body. For now, I'm still planning on using it for him so he can at least have a body. Maybe I'll get a boy's body later this year. He's my little model and I have a few different outfits in mind for him!

Aside from spending time with my MSDs, I'm thinking of maybe starting a layaway for my first SD this year! I absolutely love Loongsoul sculpts and also want to get one of their full sets. Yu Ze and Alkaid are the ones I'm most interested in. I may choose to get Ringdoll's Hui as my first SD though instead since he'll be temporarily discontinued in April. :eek:

3. My main major 2021 goals are face up and wig experiments I’m hoping to get good enough at them to eventually make sales and trades to offshoot my funds changing by going back to school. I also have two mod projects planned and hoping to collect more heads and faceplates to mod when they get finished :sweat

4. My 2021 plans are finally getting a face up for my DC Kevin (he has been waiting for a long time!) and paying off a layaway on a Loongsoul Black Dragon. My poor Kevin will have to wait until the layaway is paid off though.

5. I haven't been really active for the past year but it is always so nice coming to this thread and seeing everyone's dreams and plans! It really boosts my level of interaction with my own dolls and with you, the beautiful people in this forum!
      So, like every other year, I figured I could share my ideas for 2021 as well, let's see...

As for purchases:
      • Illack needs a pair of heterochromatic eyes (brown and blue).
      • Peralta needs two blue necklaces that have to do with her story (and I'm going to have tod o them myself O.o).
      • I continue in the search for the two limited anthros I fell in love years ago (Dearmine Loc and LUTS bull). No luck till now.
      As for other goals, I want to get rid of a bunch of things I don't really use in my dolls anymore and also to take more and more pictures (and to do so, I need a better camera cause my phone is not good at all).

I hope all of you get to see your 2021's plans come to life!

6. My plans for 2021 are mainly: WAITING. x-x

I'm waiting for:
      Ringdoll Zhou Yu
      Iplehouse Dean
      Y.Cen Chong Lin

Otherwise I want to start creating a folder with lots of sewing pattern. Of course trying to sew something too. Otherwise I want to try my first face-ups. Hopefully I will be on a decent level when Chong Lin arrives. :D

My last plan is draw my dolls too. :3

7. I would like to get one or two more dolls, eventually adding an 80cm doll to my collection and I want to create more outfits styled to individual characters instead of them sharing the same clothes.

8. My plans for 2021 are:
      Pay off my last two layaways
      Buy Desers dresses for my SDGr girls
      Buy two SDGr girl bodies one for my Saki and Luna
      Order my FCS white F78 and F81 SD!3 girls
      Get Mai Dear SD
      Clean and organize my doll space
      Buy more doll stands

9. My plans for this year are:
      • Try making wigs again
      • Find a good eyes maker who specializes in detailed, realistic eyes
      • Order SHOES, lots of shoes
      • Get a boy BJD
      • Make tons of props as there can never be too many!

10. My plans are :kitty2 :

- Buy more wigs, clothes and other accessories. (Current status: Beginner mode) :chibi
      - Complete my two Angell Studio Phoenix dolls Chiyu and Qingyi.

I don't know if I can do it, but I'm trying. ;)

11. Bodies for Annabeth, Gayanne and Wol. those are my top priorities.

also finish outfit for Felix. He's been standing around shirtless too long.

I'm also considering rationalising my collection. I have a tendency to sorta... impulse buy stuff and I think I need to reign that in.

12. Well, I must say I really dived in head first this year. Followed the plan and pre-ordered my first iMda Doll baby girl :3nodding: found her 2 tailor-made outfits and bought all her parts (wig, eyes, shoes, etc.) before she arrives. I feel like I need to update my 2021 doll plans and also give myself some limits and budget accordingly. I'm already eyeing doll #2 and it's only February ><

- Complete doll #1 (iMda Angélique) and prioritize finding her perfect aesthetic
      - Budget for doll #2 (iMda Élodie) and gather all aesthetic parts (she is secondhand and already has the proper wig/eyes/faceup)
      - Start a Oscar Doll/Swan Doll eyes collection
      - Take photos for the dollstagram ^^

13. For the first time in a long time, I actually put a couple of dolls on layaway, who will probably arrive in the latter part of the year. I'm starting to be active again after a year or so of the dolls gathering dust. Just finished doing faceups on four who needed it, did some eyelashes on a couple more. Going to try ventilating wigs this year and doing at least one alpaca as well. And use up some of my huge fabric stash on some new outfits!

14. I had three Big Plans this year and I've already accomplished one of them, though I was trying to give the other two higher precedence.

1. Purchase more doll stands! This was supposed to be my top priority, as I have two smaller doll cabinets I could be putting dolls in, but not without stands first. (I have rambunctious cats and many of my dolls are not great standers, so this is as absolute must for me.) It's not the most exciting or glamorous plan, but a practical one I need to stop putting off!

2. Finally decide on and acquire one more large glass door cabinet. I have 50+ BJDs, and though I do have room for display, I'm picky about my decor. I've never been an IKEA girl, and prefer antique wooden cabinets when at all possible. I've almost conceded to just buy one of those large billy bookcases and be done with it, but I keep holding out hope that I'll find just one more really nice antique...

3. Order Supia Juah on the ballerina body. This face sculpt was the last actual doll on my wishlist. I could never decide between the bodies though, plus I am predominantly a secondhand collector, so I put off ordering her for like...eight years! Then Supia released the 60cm ballerina body and I knew it was time at last. And then immediately after, covid hit hard and I knew it wasn't time after all. Finally, I ordered her at the end of January, during a horrible 21-day stretch at work with no end in sight. (I've since had some time off, thankfully!) I was planning on ordering her months down the road, but two little devils named Work Desperation and Retail Therapy thwarted that idea. I have no regrets.

The rest of my goals this year are my usual vague ones: work on completing dolls. I saw someone else on the forum had made a mission to focus on one doll a month, and I think that may be a feasible target for me to hit as well. If I stick to my plan and create more doll space, I'll be more motivated to fill it with completed dolls.

15. Still doesn't have any detailed plan at this time except keeping myself be safe, healthy and happy
      But if a RIGHT doll arrive, I might consider to adopt
      That's all...

16. I plan on getting my twins, a Liam soul doll, and 2 littlefees or yosd dolls for my little nightmares theme

17. I plan on making/getting more clothes for my dolls, getting shoes for everyone, and trying out making resin eyes

18. I have a decent list of dolls I plan on getting.

-Luts Super Senior Delf Flood
      -Luts Senior65 Delf Joe
      -Luts Delf Nina head on Senior Delf Body
      -Luts Annette
      -Mystic Kids Eileen (already ordered)

19. As of next month it will be two years since I last bought a doll. I have some unused things I'd like to sell, and some accessories I'd like to buy. In particular there's a vendor on Etsy who makes the coolest realistic foods so I'd like to buy some. Not sure what else. Maybe get outfits to dress everyone up for Christmas this year?

20. I want to sew a few dresses and petticoats and to knit some pulls and cardigans.

If I am brave enough, I will try making a suit. XD

I gave up doing faceups, wigs and eyes, but I might get a try at doing shoes.

On the buying side, I have a resolution NOT to order any new doll this year, but we're barely at the end of February, so plenty of time for me to break.

We'll see!