1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Quirks According to Company?

Jul 3, 2006

1. I have restrung my Soulkid (double-jointed body) thrice, and one legs ALWAYS bends, looking like a stereotypical girly pose. Her head also tends to tilt to one side. I've grown rather fond of this, and am curious to know if it's just my Soulkid that does this, or if it's all of them with this body. :)

2. I can confirm about DOTs not being able to touch theit face and having bad wrist posability. Also he tends to fall a lot and getting him to stand takes really long and he bends forward all the time x_X I hope wiring and sueding will make it all better.

My Doll Familly boy is awesome at posing on the other hand. For being a doll with almost 1/3 of DOT cost, I expected a huge difference in their poseability. Yeah there is. The DF is much betterXD

3. My MNF A-line boys (I have three) ALL, and I mean ALL 'slouch to their right' (your left when you're facing them) at the chest joint, giving them a 'whatchu lookin' at, foo'?'/'you ****in' me?' look. Probably due to tight stringing, but I found it amusing that ALL THREE do it.

My MNF girl doesn't, however.

4. kid delfs can touch their faces really well and are great posers if you get the body to like you. they do have "crazy legs" as everyone puts it, but it's manageable. i think the worst i've ever had with his legs was after just getting on the tightest pair of pants of pants he pwns over his rather large boxers just before having to get off the bus to go to school (i was bringing him with me that day and woke up late so i didn't have time to dress him, i had to change his clothes on the way there) i noticed that his knee had turned backward and i had to take the pants off to turn the leg around and put them back on in class. and once at the park i sent him down the slide to my friend and she screamed. i came down and saw her holding the pieces of his leg. is shoe had somehow taken the foot piece from the elastic and untrung his leg.
      narshas are almost impossible to string tightly. i think mine has msd strings. i've restrung her tighter four times since i bought her and cut off more than a few inches of elastic because there was too much tied and she's still floppy.
      b&g boys are awkward posers with rather small feet.

5. My ResinSoul and Bobobie tinies are incredibly cute and affordable dolls, but all of their bodies (the BBB girl body, the RS girl body, and the RS boy body) all have zero wrist posability. This is only in the tinies, but it's a bit frustrating when posing them. It's also a real pain to find wigs that fit their 5/6 sized heads.

Also, certain older Asleep Eidolon sculpts have pretty large heads for their bodies. This is the old, slim body type ladies. The newer ones have a larger form and more proportioned heads, but a different sculpter.

6. OMFG yes! That's exactly what my guy does, it's really common in the a-line boys. In fact, as far as I know, they all do it, unless they're sueded or something. It's kinda cute though. Hurr...

Oh yes and the magnetic hands on the MNF A-line bodies tend to pop off easily. >_> On mine, one magnet is noticeably weaker than the other...

7. oh, i also think that the magnets in the B&G doll headcaps aren't very strong at all. my sapphira's headcap always falls off. it's so annoying and scary!

8. I only have one doll, a Bobobie Charisma, so I don't really have any basis for comparison, but... well, her neck movement is terrible. Her head can barely move up at all. It makes me a bit sad.

Also, Bobobie's dolls come really loosely strung, although this doesn't seem uncommon. I'm too afraid to restring her yet 'cause I'm just a doll newbie.

9. Confirming the A-Line MNF thing. Zassy is ALWAYS Leant to the side. His stomach, chest and head will never line up..>.> I think it is the strings though, they are seriously all kinds of tight... but it's adorable though, so I don't mind one bit! ^_^

The other thing is that Soom, the lovely company that they are, have very, very floppy shoulders. >.>;;

Both of my Soom boys, and my friends, I have two gems, she has a gem and a Super Gem MD dislike holding their arms up. Her MD is much, much better, but the gems needed some sueding. Even tightening the strings in their arms doesn't help that much, it's not a big thing, but they're not the body to get if you want to have your doll doing the YMCA.

Luts Senior Delf seem to have very grabby, molesty hands. They make me laugh xD <3

10. My ResinSoul Mei's belly pop is bad. I think that all RS and Bobobie dolls have this problem or at least many owner i have talked to have mentioned this.

11. Leekeworld's L boys come strung like an absolute nightmare... you pretty much have to restring them with different elastic to get them to pose much. Also their heads are pretty big, and I know my boy doesn't have too much head poseability.

12. Ooooh I love this thread! Let me see, long list here....

Olde style (type two body) Hound of course, as has been mentioned, has the hip pop of doom, but he also does praying mantis arms all the time, thing the grr arg at the end of Mutant Enemy (buffy) productions

Soom Gem bodies have a tendency to pelvic thrust when they stand (discontinued now however)

Luts bodies as everyone says have a tendency to be kicky, I also found type three knees pop out backwards now and then

New Dolkot bodies have great double jointing but really bad elbow rotation so pose a little "stiff"

B&G type two boy bodies have great arm posing for a single joint body, but they are just single jointed. They are also rather heavy for their size

I have this issue with my A-line boys too, and oddly enough with my new Dollmore boys, the chest joint pops all over the place, so they either look really pissy or depressed.

Dollmore boys always want to hug themselves. They also have BIG feet, so if you have a 60 cm Dollmore boy do NOT expect him to fit many Luts shoesor crossdress his shoes without going up a size, it just won't happen.

Senior Delfs, both male and female, well they pose and stand like rocks, but they SQUEAK

Resinsoul tinies March and Bei are kicky, the wrists pose really badly, and the arms are either bent, or not bent. I can forgive them though as they are SO cute

Ringdoll bodies....uh... the whiteskin is a little greenish to me, matches well with Luts Delf though and the RS matches the Delf NS. The only issue is they hold poses so well that changing their pose can be a bitch, and they tend to pinch like all hell if they catch your hands.

Nobility Doll emotional bodies...it may be just me but is one leg longer than the other? This makes them want to always stand hipshot

Domuya Flexi bodies are possibly the hardest bodies on earth to string as the string holes are really narrow, and honestly I find both the D60 and Flexi perenniel rather floppy, both male and female

DoD 60 and 70 cm bodies have an issue where the lower leg wants to flip around backwards now and then unless there is pressure on them, however they hold the sexiest hipshot poses ever.

DoD DoC bodies vary....I have a Petsha body that shows that double jointed elbows are not always wonderful, my single jointed B&G boy has more flex in his elbows than this girl. Her legs also like to swivel completely around on the thigh joint. I also have two older boys, a normal boy and a long leg boy. The normal boy has terrible wrist movement, thank god that has been fixed on later dolls. Both stand like ricks and pose really nicely however, but are just single jointed.

Rosette dolls are so lanky that you can't find a lot of clothing to fit, SOME Unoa clothing does but it becomes mini on her long legs. Shoes...dear god finding shoes to fit is a trial, I just use MSD shoes and stuff them so that the feet do not slide too much. Other than this the posing is incredible, the dolls stand upright and recline like a dream, with incredible torso and arm posing, however there is not a great range of standing leg poses she can adopt, but I definitely forgive her for it. She is a beautifully engineered doll. The worst part of Rosette dolls is dealing with the company who have horrid customer service.

Lost Angel thunder bodies have really basic hands, I swapped mine out for a supergem set, they have a big "shelf" around the shoulder joint, and really bad ankle posing. The wrist joint is oval which is strange but easy enough to reshape. The waist joint slides around a lot unless it is sueded, but with sueding this is an amazing posing body. I would like to see double jointed knees on it though

13. They really do :D

14. Hope this wasn't said already but Unoa's (Lusis/Sist) often have
      wonky left elbows that pop out of place. I originally thought it
      was just my bad stringing job (was my first time) but I've seen
      a lot of them with the same "problem".
      Also I would say Lati Yellows and their kicky legs. It's usually
      only one leg but either side.

15. I've heard that AoD sends out their dolls very tightly strung, and that is certainly the case with mine. Her right arm pretty much refuses to stay straight, and neither arm will stay above her head for any length of time.

16. My Bambicrony Bella Bambi girl has some really weird joints. I think she has the newer body, but not sure since I got her secondhand and I think the doll I got was released in 2007. Her legs, knees, and feet twist around at the slightest provocation, and the joints have little pieces that twist around too much. It is rather annoying, but still love the doll.

17. Add me to the list of "attitude in MNF A-Line bodies". It's only with the boy bodies too. My Shiwoo girl doesn't do it. In my case the attitude worked out well for the character. But I have a couple of new ones on the way who don't have as much attitude. I'm sure some sueding will help.

My Bobobie Ariel's body is just...weird. The knee and elbow joints seem to lock/unlock for no particular reason. Since her hands don't have a ball joint they 1) don't pose worth a darn and 2) make her wrists look like sleeve cuffs. Why her feet have a ball joint but her hands don't is beyond me.

I've also come to loath the "elbow peanuts" in my Soom MDs. They spin all over the place, which makes the elastic not sit correctly. Again, some sueding might help.

18. Nobility doll Emotional boy bodies do the bend and snap :'D Also known by the name of the "flamingo pose". One leg'll go up and the hip joint pops out so his butt it stickin' out and he's bent right over. It's not fun to contend with I'll tell ya!

19. Volks SD13 boy knees bite like hell... :sweat Their locking knees have these little ridges, and if you get your finger in the way as they spring into a locked position they will chew on your finger like a teething toddler. :|

20. I've only got a Luts Kid Delf, and without the wireing and sueding, he's got a horrible case of crazy leg syndrome. X_X His hip joints only allow the leg to bend up at a right angle, so you can't bring his knees up to his chest withough poping his leg out of the joint. Sometimes his legs, both of them, will turn inwards, making him "pigeon toed" and looking very shy if he's standing. His ankles are also very weak without sueding and it makes it sooo easy for him to lean forwards or backwards (he's fallen on his nose more times than I can count).

His knees as well are strange. They're either super stiff or constantly popping out of place. o.0 Also, his knees as well only bend back so far, little more than a right angle, so if you want him to sit with his butt on his feet, more popping out of joints is needed. The arms hold up well, even without wireing, and sueding only in the shoulder joint. His elbow joint has a sort of locking click when you bend from each side of the elbow joint (though his arms do have a tendancy to turn on that joint).

Sometimes I have to fight to get him to pose or stand, but because of a little hot glue sueding and some baleing wire, once he's in that pose, he's not moving. Once me and some friends tried to see how easy it'd be to make him fall (my arms were ready to catch him at the slightest hint of leaning) and he would not tumble. They hit the back of his knees, tapped his back, shoulders, head, and nothing made him fall. XD (not till I pushed him to make him land in my arm)