1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll status in signatures, why do we do it?

Jan 1, 2012

1. It is an easy way to show what dolls you own. I love looking and seeing what everyone owns, it's always interesting.

2. LOL! I never realized how annoying GINORMOUS siggies were until I joined Absolute Write. There seems to be NO size limit and people have HUGE photos, animated gifs, TV clips, dancing emoticons and all sorts of junk! It's visual noise and it irritates me that people have no discretion.

Although sometimes I DO wish the DoA sigs could be a smidge larger. I've never figured out the thing were a single word is a link and I run out of space sometimes.

3. I love seeing people's dolls in their signatures. If I have a question about a doll, I can send them a friendly PM and ask about them. I also like seeing who buys what, what they name them... and I can go looking for box openings to see them in person!

4. I think it's a nice way to provide a quick summary of your dolls/current goals/etc. without anyone else needing to start reading all of your previous posts or even taking a peek at your profile. Personally, I like reading doll statuses or seeing doll-related links in people's profiles.

5. This is pretty much why I do it. I'm on DoA all the time, so it's a reminder, and actually also helps me kep track of where I am on a layaway.

I keep my wait status up so other people in the waitrooms know what I'm going on about when I start rambling. <<

6. I like to see what everybody else has, and it's nice to see people working towards goals or waiting for an incoming doll. It's much the same as looking at box openings and the like -- caring and sharing, as others have said above. It's an easy way to see what others have in common with you or who has this new sculpt or that rare one -- all things I find interesting.

7. [ url = link here ]word here[ / url ] removing the spaces, of course. :D

I like seeing lists of names and sculpts in signatures, because it helps me identify sculpts in the galleries sometimes.

8. I like to keep my "current status" a surprise... so to speak.... The only place I write down any incoming dolls is in my profile, where I place a "Now Printing" line at the end of the Doll Family list (where it remains until the doll is home AND has a name).

But if we had the space, I would still place pics & names of all my dolls! I love being able to see who people's dolls are at-a-glance. I used to use that classic photo-bar style, with the doll's name on top & sculpt on bottom of each square... Those are great, offering little snapshots with tons of information. Buuut, I think at about the 12-doll mark, that quickly got too small to work with.

I've got 34 dolls now, so if anyone wants to see the whole harem, they'd need to go to my profile. And I don't have a website. So-- I made up a 'family' thread that I include in a link, instead. I think that's much more entertaining. And it also leaves room for a FS, a WTB, and a witty quotation if desired.

9. Because I have a super bad memory and it helps me remember! I just keep forgetting about Anderl so LUCKILY that I put him there! and you can see that for the ones already home, there is a date written for each one, that's their arrival :) in the past dolls I've had, I only remembered the birthday of 2-3 of my dolls :sweat (out of more than 10 dolls)
      And it adds a bit of colour so everytime I see one of my comments on the forum I'm like : fffft so pretty <3 xD

10. Usually, I only put the 'coming home' status in my signature, because at that point I'm just bouncing in my chair and can't seem to shut up about it. Everybody is going to know, whether they want to or not :lol:.

11. Haha there's a bit of that too for me!

12. I love looking at other people's signatures! It's fun to see what kind of dolls they have, where their tastes lie, who's incoming and outgoing, etc. I reciprocate so others can learn a little bit about me and my collection as well. :)

13. When I was new, I liked to do it as a way to share. The excitement and enthusiasm has to be let out in some form, or you will explode. :lol:

14. It's fun sharing, and I use it as a reminder every time I post that I have a doll coming and it makes me excited. I also like it when people list their dolls because if I see a picture of a doll I like on the forums, I can just search for the sculpts listed. Its always interesting to see people's doll families and now diverse/similar they are. Plus, I can find other owners who are also waiting for the same doll!

15. I like to show off what dolls I have. I also Like having a quote or song lyric that helps show off my current mood or intrest. I also Like to see what other people have and I always look for meaningful or funny sayings sometimes they just make my day.

16. I do it as a form of motivation I guess. I like being able to see my progress in my saving, and when I see it, I look forward to the next time I change it. It's also a convenient way for me to keep track of things. I keep a "record" in a notebook of the dolls I want, clothes and accessories I want, and divide them in to doll/wardrobe sets, then put in the prices and totals I can expect. But it's easier to keep a very bare-bones summary of only one doll, then to constantly flip through pages.... I guess that's why I do it.

Plus signatures of others' doll families have helped me become familiar with many different molds, so it seems practical to me in many ways.

17. I do it to keep track and to have something to update as the status of my incoming doll changes. Basically, it helps ease the waiting for a new doll. I used to count the number of days I'd waited in my signature as well, but I do that mostly on my little desk calendar now. ;)

18. I would, but with 62 there is not enough room. I don't think. Hadn't tried it lately.

19. I agree with some of the other posters here that I do it to encourage myself to keep saving etc. If everyone on a public forum sees that I am saving for a doll or putting one on Layaway it helps me remember to keep saving for those things. I also like seeing which types of dolls people are into and I especially like reading dolly names :D

20. Idk, I like seeing it in other peoples siggys, so I put it in mine too. I think it also helps me keep track of savings lol