1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Storage

Jul 25, 2020

1. Reading everyone else's posts has made me aware that I really need to get a shelf or storage system, lol. I keep mine in their boxes with all of their clothes jammed inside the boxes as well. I hardly have any clothes for them so it works for now. As I get more clothes, wigs, dolls, etc. I'm going to have to seriously find a way to display them and store all their accessories.

2. I'm planning on getting a display case and/or building my own little thing so I can have my dolls seen but not in reach of my pup

3. I keep all my resin dolls inside their boxes, inside my closet; its been like that since I got each and everyone of them (the eldest in either winter 2003-04). I keep their wigs inside those inexpensive three-drawer plastic storage containers. Which for the most part work really well, except for when I actively want to take photos of my dolls, and have to dig through many other doll's wigs to find the one I want to use (I used to purchase at least three wigs per doll, and had six of them at a time, plus eight floating heads with at least a wig each). I keep the clothes I make for them inside hat boxes, which is a huge pain in the gut, and need to find a better way to store them, because those take a lot of space and don't really fit anywhere (because they are super large cylinder-shapes!). I don't plan and never intended to display my resins, so I won't be changing the way I store them, but I would love to find a better way to store my wigs and clothes. The wigs, I'll probably organize in boxes grouped by doll they belong to, and then maybe store them again in the plastic container for easier access. However I'll need to find custom made sturdy boxes first, I need some for my floating heads as well.

I don't know what to do with the clothes though, I never intended to redress my dolls in the same clothes over and over, but I've gotten lazy with age, and don't sew much anymore. I can't do anything else with the clothes I've already made for them either... DX

4. I haven't gotten mine in yet, but since my place is pretty sunny I don't think it would be good in the long run to leave it out on display. Since my doll is gonna be pretty.... demonic I thought it would fit her style to get a creepy looking box to keep her in. That way I can keep it out for easy access while still being safe.

5. I keep my dolls in the boxes they came in, currently. I'd like to get a shelf/make a diorama to display them in eventually, though.

6. All of mine (and we’re currently up to 40) are on full display 24-7. I have them grouped in artistic displays throughout my home, and I absolutely adore creating special displays for them and having them out where I can see them all the time. My awesome hubby loves it too, and he can always be counted upon to cheerfully build me something for a display whenever the collection enlarges. A couple of weeks ago he drug home a discarded wicker shelving unit with storage and completely refurbished it for the dolls...it looks brand new now.:) And we’ve often repurposed large units we’ve found in thrift stores, with both shelves and drawers. So the dolls are always out on display, and their clothing and other items are stored neatly away nearby. It’s a truly fun way to live!

#26 PoeticSoul, Aug 16, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    7. I keep my resin family in my bedroom, in a huge wooden cabinet that doesn't receive direct sunlight.That way, I can see them everyday without worrying about them getting dusty or falling and also they are easy to reach if I want to grab one and place it next to me when I'm studying or relaxing or whatever.

8. Hi :)
      I have mine on a shelf next to my desk, I keep clothing and accessories in separate containers
      Would love to invest in a bigger shelf.

9. That little one under there looks like they are trying to hold up the cabinet or fix something underneath! I love your display!

I only have a few dolls right now, but even when I had a lot of them I have to have them out where I can see them and enjoy them. We have lived in a few different places, so depending on room I either had a doll room or I had to put them in my bedroom or living room. Right now my dolls are around the tv. I like having them there, because I can see them when I am watching tv or just sitting in the living room. All their clothes are in plastic three drawer bins that I have on either side of the dresser the tv is on. (we use a long dresser as a tv stand lol)

10. So while I realize I'm posting on an old thread, I also don't want to post a question that's already been asked (ad nauseam, I'm betting), so apologies for posting on a dead thread...

Where do you store your boxes? I am becoming an avid doll collector, based entirely on personal preference. I have display cases for my non-BJD vinyl dolls (and you will remove them from my cold, dead hands!), and now I've got one BJD and four more on the way - and a list of others I definitely want - so... Starting to realize I'm going to have to create space for the BJDs, too.

In boxes is not an option for me. IMHO, life is short, and I want my dolls visible so I can admire and handle them any time I want.

11. My cat is notorious for pushing things off of high places and chewing on things, so my dolls live in their boxes! I also like to keep my shades open during the day for my plants, so I'm fine with it.

I think if I have the option it'd be nice to get a display cabinet someday, but right now my place is too small for that.

My clothes, wigs, and shoes are also in my closet, in 2 nice storage boxes I got from Joanne Fabrics.

12. Oh. Em. Gee. One of my cats has decided that my Iplehouse Mari's blushed hands are the ONLY thing worth eating in my house. It's crazy. My cats have not taken an interest in any of my other dolls - but a (to me) super expensive BJD? YUM!

I have to watch the doll (and my cat) like a hawk to keep her safe. She stays in the office with me (no cats allowed), but I really want a chair or something for her to sit on while I work.

13. I store my dolls in boxes so they don't get any sunlight or get dusty or get knocked over. I have never wanted to use them as "decorations" so storing them in their boxes has worked out for me.

14. My dolls are currently split between a bookshelf, and a vanity table. Both places are safe, stable, and out of the sun. But I'm planning to renovate my bookshelf to make something more fancy, like a diorama.

But, I like having my dolls out and visible, since I love seeing them as I walk by throughout the day.

15. I have a few sit on my desk while I work while the rest are in their boxes. I do like to swap them out once in a while though!

16. My dolls are sitting on the sofa in the darkest part of my room. When I'm not home, or when the sun is shining, I cover them with big scarves. My floating heads lie in a drawer.
      I plan to make a diorama for them over time with the option to close the roombox. But I'm afraid it will take up too much space.

17. I store my dolls in a fishtank and on top of said fishtank, topside pic for proof, lol.
      Sorry for the crappy pic, it's in the process of being moved so not in a good shape to show off. XD
      [​IMG]

18. Right now, no one is really 'on display'-- for example, Marigold is in her carrier, Jack is in his box next to my closet... but right now, I'm living in a room in my mom's house, where I don't have much in the way of shelves and display space. I have a flat-packed bookshelf waiting for a little place of my own, and once I'm settled I hope to create some semi-permanent diorama/display spaces. Until then, my crew is mostly chilling in boxes/carry bags, and I take them out to handle them. (Party Martian might travel around, though-- the nice thing about him is that he really fits anywhere, so even when the minis have to stay packed up for space-saving, he can roam the shelves I do have at will)

19. I keep my dolls in an LED-lit glass display case right next to my computer, so I can enjoy seeing them everyday as I work. :3nodding: I like to keep them in a case to protect them from dust and curious kitties, and I keep them in a dark corner away from any windows. I also live in an area that gets super humid in the summer, so keeping them in a humid-controlled case (just silica packets, lol) gives me a little more peace of mind.

I kind of have a museum curator’s mentality when it comes to valuable objects, lol!

20. @Shai I have.... leftover... aquariums.... *brain explodes* That is a brilliant idea! And perfect for those leakey/cracked aquariums that no one else wants! I could make self-contained dioramas! Oo - more projects. :dance

@Sheyda I love that idea, too. Pictures? What do you use? I'm thinking of maybe finding a cheap IKEA kitchen hanging wall cabinet. They have the glass display doors, and there's usually one or more scratch and dent box in the clearance section when they redecorate.